[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pleb or Patrician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: sr.jpg (574 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
sr.jpg
574 KB, 1400x1400
Pleb or Patrician?
>>
>>63988526
one of his weaker scores. has one good track (what are you going to do when you're not saving the world) which was used in the trailer.
>>
File: le jeebus.png (958 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
le jeebus.png
958 KB, 1280x540
One of the worst movies I've ever seen
>>
>>63988526
Better than his batman work
>>
the score or the movie? i like both
>>
>>63988568
It offends my fragile atheist feelings
I'M SO TRIGGERED
>>
Obviously pleb as fuck. These new super hero CGI pieces of shit need to leave.
>>
File: man of steel.png (2 MB, 1610x2226) Image search: [Google]
man of steel.png
2 MB, 1610x2226
>>63988620

Yea anon, that's why. The movie OFFENDS me. Me and all my movie critic friends are devoutly religious and offended by this Superman movie.
>>
>>63988718
>r/t still means anything
>>
>>63988718
>box office means quality

The fact that avengers and shit like iron man 3 are above spiderman 2 invalidates that point
>>
>>63988748

First it's because I'm offended, now a consensus of film critics that agree with me are wrong.

Is there any chance that it's just a low quality film, anon?
>>
>>63988805
I never Said they were wrong, or any opinion is wrong, but the site is flawed to hell

Iron man 3 has a 79% meaning that it would be good, terminator 3 has a 70% meaning that it's kinda good, which it isn't,
>>
>>63988566
>Flight
>Arcade
>Terraforming
>If You Love These People

I thought it had some pretty damn great tracks.
>>
>>63988859
>I never Said they were wrong

That's exactly what you're saying
>>
>>63988885
Its wrong to base critical consensus as a factual definition of good. That is wrong.

You saying I don't think it's good, that isn't wrong
>>
>>63988920
>You saying I don't think it's good, that isn't wrong

I'm saying I and the entire community of professional film critics don't think it's good.
>>
I actually really liked the main theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX3coWDnTrU
>>
File: Superman-1978.jpg (333 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Superman-1978.jpg
333 KB, 1000x1500
>>63988526

I want DC to make good movies because they are the only competition to Marvel, and I'm someone who prefers Marvel to DC.

But Man of Steel is an insult to Superman lore, and isn't good enough of a movie to justify the shift in direction. It tries as hard as it can to be dark like Nolan's Batman without being half as good as The Dark Knight.
>>
>>63988718
Yes apparently you are sense your using one of only TWO moments in the ENTIRE fucking film where it is unsubtle with the perfectly appropriate god symbolism to suggest why it is bad you mother fucking retard.
>>
>>63988995
And he's saying, that while that's fine, the lot of you thinking it's bad doesn't make it bad.
I think it's a piece of shit by the way, but he's right to call out Rotten Tomatoes being some form of demonstration of correctness as bad form.
>>
>>63989083
>pic related
>dark knight good

are we supposed to take your opinion seriously
>>
File: Maybe.jpg (269 KB, 696x4010) Image search: [Google]
Maybe.jpg
269 KB, 696x4010
>>
File: engage.jpg (5 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
engage.jpg
5 KB, 257x196
>>63988526
I liked it, but I can understand how alot of people didn't. To be fair Superman is probably one of the hardest characters to bring to life in a live action movie. How to you portray a being who is essentially a paragon and a living god in such a way who the audience can still relate to?

I mean really if you analyze what Superman would actually be able to do, he really just fucks with 99% of his enemies. I mean the guy should be able to scan your brain and watch your neurons fire and know what you're going to do before you do.
>>
>>63989214
Holy fuck that fourth from last panel.
Is he a puppet?
>>
>>63989083
>But Man of Steel is an insult to Superman lore
Yes... only if you want Superman to be a naive pathetic childish mary sue that goes into cringe worthy slapstick bullshit whenever he is in his civilian mode and can do anything and everything perfectly meaning their is Zero tension or conseqeucne to anything that happens in the film.

You and your narcissistic rage at them choosing to cater 2 out of 7 live action Superman films to people who prefer serious toned stories with him can fuck the hell off.
>>
>>63989268

Superman movies should be made for people who like Superman, not people who like Batman or The Punisher.
>>
>>63988995
> 161 Fresh
> 128 Rotten
> entire community of professional film critics don't think it's good
Your a fucking idiot.
>>
>>63989263
There's only two kinds of Superman stories that can work in movie form in my opinion:

Christopher Reeve's "You're going to believe a man could fly!" Superman movie that is really just there for the spectacle, and the fun of seeing the Man of Tomorrow. But I doubt there ever will be another movie like that.

The other is the kind of Superman movie where Superman is not the protagonist. The kind of story where he might be central, but it's more about him not interfering with events and why.

Everything else needs much more setup than what can be done in a movie, and I doubt there will be enough time to develop him in the cinematic universe to do that, if they go about it the way they seem to be going about it.
>>
>>63988995
>I'm saying I and the entire community of professional film critics don't think it's good.
Except the majority of bad reviews were not in any way rating it on whether it was a good film on its pros and cons or not but on how much it sucked their nostalgic bias fucking dicks.
>>
>>63988526
Arcade was pretty good but the rest was meh
>>
Cape shit
Cape shit
The men are in capes
The movie is shit
Cape shit
Cape shit
Rebootable sequels of shit
>>
>>63989461
Implying not capeshit comic movies were a big hit.
>>
>>63989308
I like Superman alot, as a kid I liked the TAS almost more than Batman TAS, liking serious toned Superman stories, does not fucking mean I don't like Superman.

I do like Batman, and I marginally like The Punisher (the Rucka run is the only one I have strongly cared for), and I like Superman, they are not mutually exclusive.

We got 5 campy Superman movies, 2 were good, 1 was meh, 2 were some of the worst movies ever made, it was time to do something different.
>>
As pleb as it gets

Watched on tv again recently and literally every second of every scene is a hack job
>>
>>63990057
>Watched on tv again recently and literally every second of every scene is a hack job
Hack implies incompetence, their is not a single scene that is incompetently filmed, directed or acted except the Tornado sequence which should have been more fast paced, less dramatic and lingering than it was.
>>
pure cinema

god forbid someone try to do something astray from the quip infested formula that we seem to get every 6 months
>>
Man of Steel was great. They really captured how Superman would fight against other supers.

And everyone loved the IHOP fight
>>
>>63988526
Man of Steel = pleb
Superman the Movie = patrician
>>
TIME TO FLY MY DRAGON TO FETUS MOUNTAIN, I NEED TO STEAL THE MAGIC SKULL
>>
>>63990120
I'll give that to you, its not visually appalling but the script is an un-salvageable mess from start to finish
>>
>>63990837
>race so evolved they master intergalactic travel
>lets planet errupt because "muh politics will always be the same everywhere in the universe"
>>
>>63990120
>Hack implies incompetence
No, hack implies a one-note ability. Could be extremely competent but in a facile way.
>>
>>63990960
>its not visually appalling
To people who want bright silly stuff...
>but the script is an un-salvageable mess from start to finish
That is preposterous. There is zero serious flaws with the script at all!
>>
>>63991175
>That is preposterous. There is zero serious flaws with the script at all!
I was watching it with a friend and we literally couldnt stop talking and listing all the preposterous shit in it. Almost every second of the movie has one. Im betting if someone sat to wrote all that shit down noone would read it because it would be 50 pages long
>>
>>63991167
>hack implies a one-note ability
... How is that a detriment to the film?
He set out to give us a serious toned epic realistic semi somber Superman film with consequence and weight and that is exactly what we got.
>>
>>63991227
>realistic
He failed
>>
>>63988526
>Hans Zimmer
Superpleb
>>
>>63988526
Neither, but it's good.
>>
>>63991267
>He failed
The earth, setting and people and portrayal of the Kents was entirely realistic as was Clark's conflicting choices/desires.
>>
>>63991446
>The earth, setting and people and portrayal of the Kents was entirely realistic as was Clark's conflicting choices/desires.
Fuck no, for a realistic setting there was a lot of flaws, like the guy who had the instrument check and said it wasn't in the periodic table not giving a fuck about it, or the way Superman destroys a man's bus without anybody being able to hear anything.
I give you the one about Clark, the man was afraid and scared because his father told him to hide, and prefered to die that let his kid do try to do some good thing, and live in fear of the consequences. The man really doesn't know what do to, his incompetence is amazing in the movie, going as far like going to a church to ask a priest what do to(similar to jesus in genthsemane) instead of space dad, or killing his race to save earth, just like what Zod wanted but backwards.
>>
>>63991813
To continue this, if the whole town knew about clark secret, and they keep them to themselves, why did Pa Kent let himself die?
Clark could it had run in normal speed, or let his son get the dog in the first place.
Everybody in Smallville already thought it was some miracle.
>>
>>63991813
>like the guy who had the instrument check and said it wasn't in the periodic table not giving a fuck about it
Pa could have come to him under a false Identity, could have payed the guy off.
>or the way Superman destroys a man's bus without anybody being able to hear anything.
I honestly dislike that scene and think It harms the good moment of Clark walking out instead of hitting down, but there would be little reason anyone would think it was anything beyond a freak incident of nature or weather.
>and prefered to die that let his kid do try to do some good thing
No, it had nothing to do with him not wanting Clark to do the right thing, its that doing the right thing can some times cause more harm than good, and society having a giant upheaval because Aliens existing could be worse than one man dying or even a bus of kids dying.
>going as far like going to a church to ask a priest what do to
Because he wanted a human perspective on what should be done instead of a purely bias alien suggestion.
> instead of space dad
The scout ship was in the Artic if he flew back to it, Zod would almost certainly notice him flying.
>killing his race to save earth, just like what Zod wanted but backwards.
Not even remotely the same thing, their are only 20 or so Krytonians alive on the Black Zero, while their is 7 Billion humans alive on earth, living lives out way potential non existent lives now and forever.
>>
>>63991881
> why did Pa Kent let himself die?
> and they keep them to themselves, why did Pa Kent let himself die?
1.) Unclear if they where in Smallville during the tornado or not.
2.) Only a handful of kids and maybe a few of their parents might have been suspicious, they have zero evidence, if a entire group see him using his powers they will have proof.
> Clark could it had run in normal speed, or let his son get the dog in the first place.
The way the it comes off on film yes it seems like he could have run normal speed, hence why I think it should have been filmed faster with Clark hesitating only for a split second and Pa is gone instantly.
Pa probably wanted Clark to stay with and protect Martha more than the dog.
>>
Patrician. One of Zimmers' best works, one of the best blockbuster scores in recent memory.
Main theme is great. Two notes and it connotes hope, optimism, everything Superman should be. The mid-west twang suits Clark well and evokes his upbringing. The more emotional cues featuring vocals and strings are well done, and the way he works them into the main action cues is very effective.
Zod's theme is powerful and menacing while still sounding alien.
My favourite track is If You Love These People, it evokes such a desperate, heavy tone with a strong emotional core throughout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTdHU4bMeSI

But while the action cues are all loud and bombastic, the heart and soul of the score is that Clark theme that resonates throughout. For once in Zimmer's career the drums aren't just for bombast, here they drive the melody forward in an upbeat manner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmnbg4bMfI8&index=14&list=PLA_B4L6BX-bpN7UFEQpwurMeqDMBxE65S

Another cool cue that isn't on the official OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az4dvAIC3AI&list=PLA_B4L6BX-bpN7UFEQpwurMeqDMBxE65S&index=32
>>
>>63992362
>Not even remotely the same thing, their are only 20 or so Krytonians alive on the Black Zero, while their is 7 Billion humans alive on earth, living lives out way potential non existent lives now and forever.
He eradicates the last chance of krypton, and Zod begs him to not do it, just like Jor El did with Zod, and Jor El spends all the movie talking about the bridge between two people.
The irony, and the incompetence of Clark is amazing in this movie, and is not really bad, he grew in fear, not knowing what to do with bullies, and hiding because that's what he learned with Pa Kent, of course he is going to take drastic and morally grey choices.
>>
>>63988620
I'm catholic and capeshit is super pleb, famiglia.

Here, have some patrician cinema instead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

Also Preisner is a much better composer than Zimmer
>>
>>63992362
>I honestly dislike that scene and think It harms the good moment of Clark walking out instead of hitting down, but there would be little reason anyone would think it was anything beyond a freak incident of nature or weather.
The bus was destroyed in a really specific way, really streching here the reason of that scene.
>>
This is the only good Superman movie ever made...everyone hates it. I honestly dont get it.
>>
>>63988526
Its Better than at least half of Marvel's movies, it has an awesome score, and the action scenes were fantastic. It didnt all work but I defiantly do like it
>>
>>63992922
Seriously. All the critics were like, not muh donner superman, it must be bad. The casting of Lex Luthor in the sequel is terrible though.
>>
>>63992801
It's not incompetence when you have no other fucking option, Zod left him with NO OTHER FUCKING OPTION, if he did not blast the controls that minute, Zod could have pulled the trigger again destroying the militay plane and the last chance to take out the Black Zero and the Kryptonians aboard could individually kill every person on earth by hand.
He tried the diplomatic bridge approach when he surrendered to humanity knowing they would surrender him to Zod. Zod and Zod alone is at fault for what follows.
>>
The soundtrack is all right, but the movie is a pretentious piece of shit. It's bad enough when you look at it on it's own merits, but when you compare it to stuff like Last Son or All Star Superman its akin to a character assassination. Don't know why you'd use the characters if you're just gonna bastardize them so thoroughly.

Better than the worst of Marvel though, so draw your own conclusions
>>
>>63994197
>but when you compare it to stuff like Last Son or All Star Superman its akin to a character assassination.
Taking the character and putting him in a realistic setting with realistic choices instead of mary sue can do anything and everything powers is not character assassination mother fucker.
>>
File: MoS.jpg (58 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
MoS.jpg
58 KB, 640x533
Super Patrician desu senpai
>>
>>63988526
Patrician
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.