[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this star killer base was destroyed too easily. it took an entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: starkiller base.jpg (240 KB, 800x484) Image search: [Google]
starkiller base.jpg
240 KB, 800x484
this star killer base was destroyed too easily.
it took an entire fleet plus a ground team to disable and eventually destroy Death star II.
here it took a couple of bombs and one x wing to literally destroy a small planet.
>>
>>63988068
>it took an entire fleet plus a ground team to disable and eventually destroy Death star II

No, it took an X-Wing and a fat freighter to shoot a couple shots at the inside to destroy it.

The fleet was there as a distraction.
>>
I don't think the planet would've been destroyed if it hadn't been charging for a shot.

The thing that the resistance destroyed was some kind of stabilizer that stopped the energy from the consumed star from bursting outwards.

If it had been destroyed on a normal day then the gun would have just been disabled, but it was destroyed at the apex of a charge instead.
>>
>>63988068
I thought the Death Star was Moon-sized and Starkiller Base was Earth-sized

I mean, it makes much more sense that they're significantly smaller, but it's less impressive I suppose
>>
So star killer is a rogue planet that got converted into a weapon
>>
>>63988204
Makes sense. Would have been nice for like, one fucking line in the movie to explain that.
>>
>>63988068

Yeah, I just read the Huff Post as well, OP.
>>
>>63989091
They did say that it was a Thermal ??? something and it was eating a sun which is a lot of Heat?
>>
>>63988068
I'm okay with a lot of science being ignored in star wars but giving something smaller than Pluto earth-like gravity and atmosphere?

I mean shit, even Endor was is 4 times larger in diameter than Starkiller Base.
>>
I created another thread but noticed this one so i will post the same question here

this shit made no sense what so ever. How the fuck does a Lazer or what ever it is with the ability to destroy worlds mind you, not destroy the atmosphere of the planet (Starkiller base)

talk about Global warming that amount of enegery would punch a hole in its own atmosphere.

Someone posted above and i feel he is right the ability to absorb a systems sun would render destroy that system as well.

Screwed gravity, tsunami, Climate changes instance ice ages.

also not to mention where the fuck was their fleet. we only saw one star destroyer in the whole movie.

shouldn't they have a fleet of ships and star destroyers?

They really leave your base of operations unprotected?
>>
>>63989091
>>63989856
Asian general dude said something to the tune of 'such massive energy moving into that base, it can only be stabilized by some sort of oscillator' or some shit like that

then Finn cuts in and says there was something like that
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.