[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHO KILLED THE WORLD?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
WHO
KILLED
THE WORLD?!
>>
>>63983519
M E N
E
N
>>
>It's a rare action movie, it's usually a fully male dominated genre, that passes the bechdel's test and does so with flying colours
>In the end the say is not saved by a generic gruff male power fantasy but a disabled strong independent and capable woman that doesn't need a man to save her
>It's a movie that is a must see to every single true feminist out there
>>
>>63984241
Every time I hear about the kekdale test I laugh fucking Debbie does Dallas passes it
>>
>>63983519
Women...for not repopulating the world.
>>
I liked how the the big overarcing bad of the movie was actually the concept of toxic masculinity.
There was a patriarch that enslaved the women and used the concept of masculinity by creating a social structure built around it, and with that structure he reduced all the young men to his willing cannonfodder and slaves.
The boss and his lieutenants even symbolized the different aspects of toxic masculinity. V8 was tyranny. The bullet farmer was violence. And the fat guy was greed.

The movie also showed via Nux that men can break free from it and that they can still help the nurturing motherhood of humanity save this world we live in.

It was a beautiful film.
>>
you're a ting
>>
>>63984498
Men can be milked.
>>
>>63984241
it really didn't seem like that much of a feminist movie to me
The sex slaves were the only hot women in the movie
Furiosa and the other cunts (read in Australian accent) were all ugly as shit and had nothing without the men

I saw it with a guy and 2 girls and they were just talking about how pretty the sex slaves were
>>
Why was the bad guy named "Joe"?
He could have been given any way cooler name.
Actually any name could have been way cooler.

But for the message of the movie the it was important that he was named Joe.
It had to be Joe.

Get this...
He was the *Average Joe*.
The Average man.
Your typical power hungry dominating male.
He was the stand-in for male side of the human population, the counterpart of furiosa who was the stand-in for all the girls of the world.

It's honestly quite brilliant.
>>
>we are not things

But they are... Why are women so fucking stupid?
>>
>>63985653
I thought Joe worked pretty well desu
>>
>>63985180

I've got nipples Greg, can you milk me?
>>
>>63986040
It'll be slow but yeah.
Male nipples do produce milk.
Tiny, tiny amounts of milk over long periods of time.
>>
>>63985653
And he was called Immortan because...
Get this...
The "Average Joe" is immortal.
It's a timeless concept.
Men from the start of time have always been like that.

This shit is fucking genius.
>>
The immortan and his evil troops painted themselves white. They were white.
As Nux became a better person over the course of the movie the paint wore off.
The better he got, the less white he got.

Subtle but strong symbolism.
>>
>>63983535
Actually they meant Soldiers. Pretty sure Immortan Joe was a vet of whatever war ended the world
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.