[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of this show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
What do you guys think of this show
>>
One of the best cop shows ever created

JUST ANOTHER DAAAAAYYYYYYYY
>>
bump for not star wars
>>
>>63982473
It was surprisingly good.
A little over the top at times, and I don't think it got as many seasons as it deserved, so some story lines feel rushed, but solid entertainment.
Decent cast as well.
>>
>>63982723
>A little over the top at times
You need context. This was one of the first big shows on expanded cable to really push the boundaries of what you could get away with on tv.

The first two seasons of the shield (and nip/tuck for that matter) were the edgiest things on tv at the time.
>>
>>63982473
One of the GOATs, doesn't get enough appreciation and deserved all the attention Breaking Bad got since it was basically the same story but better long before BrBa did it.
>>
>>63982790
One thing I noticed was that every bad guy was always, "extra bad."
What I mean by this was that in most shows there will be a bad guy, and he'll be a rapist or a thief or a murderer or a drug dealer.
On the Shield, every criminal was a rapist-drug-dealing pedophile.
Not every character, but I hope you get my point.
I'm sure a certain class of criminals engage in multiple different industries of crime, but it just seemed a little over the top on the Shield
>>
>>63983097
They're in the shittiest part of the city, and the strike team is designed to go after the super-villain tier crime-lords.
>>
>>63982473
Tragic final season
Also best cop show ever created.
>>
>>63983283
I get all that, and I liked the show enough to read about the unit it's based on, but sometimes I had trouble suspending my disbelief.
It seemed like any time they introduced a villain, they were like
>yea, and he makes cp while he's waiting for his meth to cool down.
>>
>>63983469
That was honestly one of the charms for me.

Like one time they run in on some super bad dude, and he's a heroin junkie. When they finally find him he's fucked up and passed out with 14 needles stuck in him.
>>
>>63982473
Tied with The Sopranos for my favorite show ever.
>>
>>63983691
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed marathoning it with my buddies.
It also had some shit in it that I don't think any other show could get away with
>captain getting raped
>welfare queens pimping toddlers for crack
>cop who successfully prays the gay away.
>>
>>63982473

YOU'RE GODDAMN SORRY?
>>
File: vic mackey.jpg (74 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
vic mackey.jpg
74 KB, 720x540
>>63983796
>tfw aceveda sucking a dick turned into a multi-season character arc
>>
It's so fucking good. I think even if it was pure caseoftheweek type thing I would still enjoy it. That's how much I like watching the strike team breaking doors and going after bad guys. The fact that it's even more than just that puts it with the big players like The Sopranos and The Wire for me.
>>
>>63983469
There's no limit to human evil.
>>
>>63984636
I just love watching the Comish bust fucking heads.
>>
>>63984913
>the Comish

Shit nigga. I didn't even know about this.
>>
File: the commish.jpg (140 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
the commish.jpg
140 KB, 480x720
>>63985004
The 90's had a lot of police procedural dramedies that are now just tears in the rain.
>>
>>63982473

The only thing holding this back from being a GOAT show is the comparative lack of replay value.

If you haven't seen it you should though.
>>
did anyone really care about the gay black cop and his lesbian partner?

why was so much screen time given to them?
>>
>>63982473
I was never drawn into it, the characters seemed too annoying or something
>>
>>63983796
>I really enjoyed marathoning it with my buddies.
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>63985303
To show the barn from the perspective of a couple of beet cops. A rookie and lady.
>>
>>63985294
I rewatched it recently and it holds up. It was a lot more intense than I remembered and I also enjoyed seeing tragic end of the team being slowly built.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.