[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't seen the movie and probably won't util a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: featuredImage.img.jpg (752 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
featuredImage.img.jpg
752 KB, 1920x1080
I haven't seen the movie and probably won't util a good rip comes out.

But I did read the wikipedia entry, and it doesn't explain one thing that stuck out to me.

Why is everyone trying to find Luke Skywalker? I appreciate the Rebels might want to, since he's technically royalty if that still matters after a rebellion, but why would the First Order want him?
>>
He's basically the last jedi. the first order is basically ruled by snoke, and he wants to wipe out the jedi completely. with luke gone there'd be no one to train anyone in the light side of the force.
>>
>>63981476
it's because the new Palpatine wants to kill the last of the Jedi.

but actually the movie is a huge bait-and-switch. the title crawl and first act makes it seem like the movie is about trying to find Luke, but then he gets forgotten about in favor of the Mega Death Star plotline. Then, at the end, R2D2 comes online for no reason related to anything else in the film so that the plot can end with Luke's face.

It's both anticlimactic and retarded.
>>
To kill the last of the jedi. Because killing both of the sith at the end of 6 clearly stopped them from returning in 7.
>>
>>63981551
I got the feeling that Kylo wanted to find Luke and the Hitler general wanted to kill the rebels so it was a constant battle for attention from the giant old guy
>>
Because he can train more jedi if he's still alive, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>63981476
>I appreciate the Rebels might want to, since he's technically royalty
No, he isn't.
>>
>>63981617
except that Kylo and the General's goals never actually came into conflict at all. they were competing for Snoke's favors, sure, and by any reasonable standard Hux clearly won as he actually accomplished something.

but then Snoke's last scene is him saying he will give Kylo further training like he's reached Dark Side level 2...

it's because Disney's board of directors couldn't decide what they wanted their CTRL-V fanfiction to focus on.
>>
>>63981684
yeah, his mom was an elected queen for a brief period of time, then stepped down. His sister is only royalty because she was adopted by royalty.
>>
>>63981551
the force did it
>>
>>63981476

I advise you not to bother seeing it. I just finished seeing and between the forgettable main characters and the plot that starts with finding Luke but decides instead to do the death star 2.0 plotline. Then of course there's Darth faggot who is just the icing on the cake.

Star wars ended at 6 in my mind
>>
>>63981829
If the queen is elected then the succession isn't by bloodline stupid. She didn't step down, her term was up and didn't want them changing the constitution to let her stay.
>>
>>63981476
He's the last Jedi and went into hiding after fucking up. The Resistance (Leia mainly) wants Luke to help them fight off The First Order.

And Kylo Ren wants to find Luke and kill him. I guess Snoke and The First Order in general are also kind of interested but Ren is far more determined to find him.
>>
They want to wipe out the Jedi to prevent them from rising up again I presume.
BTW, the movie is a solid 8/10 or 9/10, seen ti twice now. Ignore the manchildren spouting about reddit and Disney shilling.
>>
>>63981476
They need him to become the Emperor since everyone else in the galaxy is so grossly incompetent that everything fell apart once he went into seclusion. The Republic had to create a private mercenary army to fight their enemy for crying out loud.
>>
>>63981616
lol

exactly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.