[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what did you think of The Martian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: martian2015[1].jpg (266 KB, 1008x1494) Image search: [Google]
martian2015[1].jpg
266 KB, 1008x1494
what did you think of The Martian?
>>
It had a space pirate in it. That automatically makes it good
>>
>>63981213
I enjoyed it. I liked when he was disgusted by Kate Mara's turds.
>>
>>
>>63981213
his face is so punch-able.
>>
>>63981213
I'm gonna have to pirate the shit out of it
>>
>>63981213
>"Bring Him Home"
lel. Refuse to watch.
>>
>>63981213
NASA wankfest. Honestly all the subplots on Earth should have been cut in favor of seeing the guy dealing with being stuck on Mars.

Ill stick to better films Castaway and Apollo 13 thanks.
>>
>>63981514

1080p rip is out, fám
>>
Still waiting for a decent rip
>>
>>63981213
It was like Zero Dark Thirty or Bridge of Spies.
>we can't do the thing
>we have to do the thing
>we can do it 5 days
>we need to do it in 3
Plus the humor was forced as hell.
>>
I am going to watch it right now, in two hours I will be back hold on
>>
>>63981610

rarbg?
>>
So, flashing suits would have avoided this whole flick, right? And also a rope tying they all together, right? I mean for astronauts they seem widely unprepared
>>
>>63981213
one of the best movies in '15.
hate it, bitches.
>>
>>63981640
It was written by and for autistic STEM guys, what do you expect?

I loved it, by the way.
>>
File: 0019 - sPd50zY.png (217 KB, 568x541) Image search: [Google]
0019 - sPd50zY.png
217 KB, 568x541
>finally find decent torrent
>has hard coded subs
>doesnt sub the jew part

;______;
>>
>>63981213
MMURICA: The Movie

It was boring
>>
File: chastain7.jpg (2 MB, 4662x3111) Image search: [Google]
chastain7.jpg
2 MB, 4662x3111
is it true that Jessica Chastain is a cunt in real life?

please don't tell it's true.
>>
>>63981213
>what did you think of The Martian?
weren't we meant to leave our brains at the door and let Matt Derpmond "science the shit outta" us...??
>>
>>63982823

mommy's a feminist
>>
I don't know if you guys know that, but in Mars the sunsets and the sunrises are blue because of reasons I already forgot, and just now in the scene the sunset was red.

They losed a very good opportunity here man
>>
>>63982863
ecks to the dee fa͏m
>>
>>63982823
Grew with step father
Eldest of 5
Feminists
Vegan

Jee what you think
>>
It was alright, pretty forgettable, and very predictable. The amount of licensed music that was used was way over the top.
>>
the beginning was kind of believable and interesting

the ending was just a clusterfuck

he builds his own rocket
it has no top
it cuts his oxygen or use a propulsion system in space
>>
>>63982880

>the movie is wrong
>i forget why
>but i can't be mistaken even though i can't even remember
>but the movie is wrong
>listen to me even though i have no idea what i'm talking about but i still know what i'm talking about

average /tv/ poster
>>
which is the best copy atm?

preferably with only subs for azn part
>>
>>63983272
1080p WEBDL
>>
Mediocre movie with shit pacing, a predictable plot, superfluous characters, and absolutely no sense of dread. Everything was spoon-fed too so that the average retard could understand everything. Not one shot or sequence in the film was memorable.
>>
File: hereyougo.jpg (60 KB, 1840x1227) Image search: [Google]
hereyougo.jpg
60 KB, 1840x1227
>>63983217

Here you go mate.

http://www.universetoday.com/120353/what-makes-mars-sunsets-different-from-earths/

>On Earth, blue light from the Sun is scattered by air molecules and spreads around the sky to create a blue canopy. Mars has less the 1% of Earth’s atmosphere, so we only notice the blue when looking through the greatest thickness of the Martian air (and dust) around the time of sunset and sunrise.

Now go be a dick elsewhere
>>
>>63981213
It was a good book with some interesting science stuff, cool characters, and a strong vein of humour running throughout, but I have to ask: Why are you asking about it in /tv/, anon?
>>
>literally reddit the movie

if this is your criticism for this movíe you should kill yourself
>>
It was an enjoyable predictable popcorn flick. My favourite part of the movie was how he cracked jokes in the face of huge odds. It's an old trick in the book but it always makes me warm to a character immensely.
>>
>the black dude doing rocket songs

I mean c'mon, did we really needed that?
>>
>>63981213

don't listen to /tv/ tryhards, it was a great movie
>>
>>63981213
I think that the science in it wasn't terribly realistic, unlike the technology of Star Wars™ Episode VII: The Force Awakens™ which is now in theaters!
>>
The book was good for the first 80 pages untill I realised it would be 300 pages of a guy explaing how he connected the re oxygeniser to the battery of the LW to make water condensation inside the helmet of one of the surplus suits, to collect water so he could water his potatos to make alchohol so he could have fuel for his improvised rocketship made of plastic bags and duct tape.
>>
>>63985525
it's all accurate
>>
>>63983211
The rocket was already there
The thin Mars atmosphere doesn't have the sane effect as Earths
A small cut like that would work.
>>
>>63981472
she was a qt
>>
good
>>
>>63981213
Literally Reddit the Movie
>>
>>63981213
loved it, saw it twice in the cinema. shits all over TFA.
>>
>>63981213
Lowest Bidder Antenna Array: The Motion Picture

it was breddy gud
>>
>>63985566
The point inaccurate thing was the Martian winds being that strong.
>>
Only thing i didn't like was that they cut the part towards the end of the book where he crashes the rover or something.
>>
>>63981349
>OKAY, ONE WORD WORD DUDE: SPACE PIRATES, LMAO
>>
File: 1411593323435.png (2 MB, 960x678) Image search: [Google]
1411593323435.png
2 MB, 960x678
>>63981213

>2015+9
>watching Matt Damon in anything other than a snuff film
>>
>>63982875

She's not only a feminist, she actually uses the term "feminist" in her Twitter profile. Yeah, she's toxic. Pretty, but toxic.
>>
>>63981213
Book was better than the movie but went on a date with a hot chick to see this movie so it was alright
8/10
>>
Am I the only one who thinks of this everytime I see this poster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsYnhVITf9E

Also, the book was reddit trash, I'm sure the movie was just as bad. I have no intentions of ever seeing it.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.