[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
she could've been so GOAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 848x1105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 848x1105
she could've been so GOAT
>>
>cool looking design wasted on such a dumb female character

Was this done to spite feminists?
>>
I call her "Bold and Brash"
>>
File: 1450827495324.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450827495324.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>>63981173
Phasma should have been pic related. Not some masculine chick that you will forget about after the movie
>>
She'll be back, and looking for vengeance. I guarantee you she's going to get some badass scenes next movie so don't worry about it.
>>
>>63982395
His name is "Traitor"

He is the hip new meme.
>>
File: 1450758455660.png (310 KB, 900x440) Image search: [Google]
1450758455660.png
310 KB, 900x440
She was supposed to be the new 'mysterious badass' like Boba Fett in order to sell merch and not much else. Unfortunately the fan response has made TR-8R fit that role, and they killed him off just like Boba.

TR-8R Prequel when?
>>
>>63982478
If only the ''traitor'' guy was cast as Phasma and Phasma got those lines
>>
>>63982395
They tried to push Phasma as the new Boba Fett, but TR8-TR seems to be the fan favorite background character.
>>
>>63982549
TR8-R*
>>
>>63982395
Nah it wouldn't have been as great if that was Phasma who rekt Finn. Him being owned by a random stormtrooper made the scene much more memorable, Phasma would've been cool but the scene itself wouldn't be as good.
>>
>>63981173
Who says she won't be?
>>
Kathleen Kennedy has confirmed that Phasma survived Episode VII

Snoke will exile her for deactivating the shields and she'll end up some based anti-hero bounty hunter - mark my words.
>>
So did Phasma get killed off screen or was that exchange purely meant as a reference? Did they just throw her in a closet or something?
>>
She's Rey's mother, the "Mara Jade"
>>
>>63982355
More like belongs in the trash
>>
>>63981173
Maybe it shouldn't of been a she then.
>Whoo I'm captain of the janitors
>Whoo my shitty lines
>Whoo I'm captured and removed via a throwback gag
>>
>>63982634
Fett contributed more to ANH and he wasn't even in it compared to Phasma in TFA
>>
>>63982655
What happened is they wrote Phasma before casting and just had him/her be an excuse to lower the shields. Then Gwen Christie got cast and the character was hyped up. They thus left her fate open-ended so they can bring her back if they want to.
>>
>>63982661
That's some dumb shit, what would get motivation be? Luke was at least sympathetic to the resistance, why would his wife go for the First Order after meeting him?
>>
>>63982621
It would have been great, he gets rekt by Phasma early on and then gets to one up her at the end.
>>
>>63982742
Suppose this theory is true, for the sake of the argument.

She never takes off the helmet and tears Finn a new one for taking his off. What if she's trying to protect her identity from Luke?
What if they hooked up, she had Rey, Luke didnt know she was First Order, she dumps Rey off on Jakku, and it gets revealed in VIII?
>>
>>63982807
exactly, it would made sense, because she knew FN (TR-8R probably didn't)
>>
>>63981173

I want to be in a village the First Order is raiding and Captain Phasma rapes me at blaster point
>>
>>63981173
Probably the most useless character I've ever seen in a movie. You could have replaced her with some random generic stormtrooper and the movie would have been exactly the same.
>>
>following the hype

Only a total pleb wouldn't be aware that the hype is intended to throw out red herrings and sell toys. Using hype as a literal extension of plot is only something an imbecile would do.
>>
File: 1436830320544.gif (1 MB, 352x200) Image search: [Google]
1436830320544.gif
1 MB, 352x200
>>63982978
>>
>>63982304

The funny thing is that it's exactly what happened to Bobba Fett. He became incredibly popular despite being a jobber than had very little screen time or lines.
>>
>>63981173
Yeah, now thanks to her lack of screen Time she'll probably be only as popular as Boba Fett.
>>
>>63983042
But unlike Phasma, Bobba was actually interesting and didn't deactivate the shields of the Death Star. Phasma lost all credibility
>>
>>63982898
then we know who rey's mother is? was? Didn't they throw her down the trash chute? and that shit gets compacted.

Anyway, she tore him a new asshole because that's how the military works. The helmet is part of his uniform and if you don't adhere to it someone eventually will ride your ass for it because they can. That's how uniforms work, you have to adhere to it.
>>
>>63983102

I don't know, he wasn't that much better. The only time he fought he got Luke wrapped up and then promptly got rekt by blind Han and thrown into a sand monster's gaping maw.
>>
I agree, complete waste of a character, there's tons of potential there. Either make her a badass noble warrior or some kind of anti-hero. And don't make her death Boba Fett-tier.
>>
>>63983102
>le wonky jetpack death
>cool
>>
>>63982909
>yourfetishesaregettingveryspecific.meme
>>
>>63982898
She would of worked with Leia then
>>
>>63983255
i didn't say cool
>>
File: 1381852469566.jpg (22 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1381852469566.jpg
22 KB, 500x333
>FINALLY A STRONG BADASS FEMALE SOLDIER, AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF WHINING FEMINISM IS WINNING!
>movie comes out
>she has about 5 lines and her biggest scene is her bottling it like a pussy when shes held at gunpoint and doesnt even bother to try and fight back or call for help or even just stall them but immediately gives in and lowers the shields thus killing millions of her comrades and ruining their war effort

and thats why women shouldnt be in the military
>>
>>63983331
>Fett protests against Vader, to Vaders face, for the sake of his own motivations
>"He's no good to me dead"
>Phasma caves in immediately and sacrifices a planet full of her comrades

I was hoping she'd be more than a comic relief
>>
File: croutons_2.jpg (224 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
croutons_2.jpg
224 KB, 760x596
>>63983284
>ywn be a righ eccentric person
>ywn hire a big troup of actors and prostitutes to remake every one of your fetishes

Life like this isn't worth living
>>
>>63983464

It's little things like this that make or break a character.
>>
>>63981173
They should have either have her be the new Boba Fett and be in the background looking threatening and mysterious, or have her btfo Finn in the middle of the movie and have him getting revenge in the end. Having her just complain a bit in the beginning and then getting owned in the end just made her look useless.
>>
>>63983597
How do you say "JJ is a hack" in hebrew?
>>
>>63983186
Kathleen Kennedy confirmed she's coming back for viii.

And yeah, Ill give you that one about the helmets. But maybe Phasma has personal reasons as well.

>>63983313
And again for the sake of the argument, she might be protecting her identity while also being a Resistance spy. Why else would a battle hardened badass just give up to a couple of humans and a Wookiee? She could have easily called for a unit of Stormtroopers to come save her ass.
>>
File: compactor.jpg (440 KB, 553x1058) Image search: [Google]
compactor.jpg
440 KB, 553x1058
>>63981173
I am still mad

I expected her to kick some major republican ass, but no.
>>
>>63983597
They could have even done a Vader and send her off in some way. Instead of wasting the Raid guys on Hans ship, he could have been boarded by the order and the slants. Then when shirt goes down, she could tangle with the two and the fight could end with her being taken by the monster just as she's starting to shine, and leaving our heroes a chance to make their usual escape.

So there. Now we get to see the Asians do Asian shit, and we get to see Phasma be a badass with the added poetry of being """"eaten"""" (spoiler alert she comes back in the sequel and has a dent in her helmet for double poetry)
>>
>Darth Maul
>Jango Fett
>General Grievous
>Boba Fett
>Captain Phasma

Who got BTFO the most?
>>
>>63983877
I don't think Phasma even got a shot off
>>
>>63982304
The most popular fan theory for ages was that Boba Fett was female. Phasma was just a nod to that since Boba was a cool looking character that really did fuck all and then died in a retarded way.
>>
>>63981173
they should have shoved her in a fridge like the cape shit flick this is.
>>
KYLO REN AND PHASMA ROMANCE SUB PLOT

LITERAL MONEY
>>
>>63983877
Grievous is extremely badass in TCW and CW
Boba has tons of content too though he's a complete faggot in TCW
Jango did kill that one dinosaur jedi and died to the best lightsaberman in the galaxy
Maul ended up taking over Mandalore and being badass all around (kept on being rather)

Phasma meanwhile is a complete shit
>>
>>63984078
Jango also dueled with Obi-Wan and pretty much won
>>
>>63984133
True

I wanted to add that being the original model of the whole clone army is pretty badass too
>>
>>63983741
>Captain is a double agent
Then why the fuck didn't she communicate to the resistance, hey there is this base here it can fuck shit up let's take it out? Drop your fantasies bruh it ain't happening
>>
In those first "script leaks" she was the one that killed han. Given how little she was in the movie, it's very possible that was the plan and was changed at the last minute and they just chucked her in the chute
>>
>>63983741
Phasma being a 'good guy' would disqualify her from badassdom. It's a villains-only category where SW is concerned.
>>
>>63984078
TCW completely ruined Grievous, though. He gets his ass handed by padawans every three episodes.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.