[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The novelization actually provides answers to some of the movie's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 244
Thread images: 25
File: Finn.jpg (28 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
Finn.jpg
28 KB, 620x374
The novelization actually provides answers to some of the movie's mysteries. Given they are usually based on early drafts of the script, I guess this could be made relevant in the sequels.

>Rey is attracted to both Finn and Poe.

>Finn is Force-sensitive, and was channeling the Force during his duel with Kylo Ren.

>Phasma survives the destruction of the Starkiller Base, which has already been confirmed by Kathleen Kennedy.

>Maz Kanata survives the First Order's attack on Takonada and accompanies Poe, Finn, Han and Chewbacca to D'Quar, which has more or less been confirmed by J.J. Abrams.

>Kylo Ren knows Darth Vader turned to the Light and helped defeat the Emperor, but is convinced by Snoke that this was a momentary lapse of judgement, which adds credence to Snoke's claims that family attachments make Kylo vulnerable to the Light, which has been confirmed by J.J. Abrams.
>>
*farts*
>>
I just saw this

I need to be at work in six hours

who the fuck is Snoke
>>
>>63979591
>>Rey is attracted to both Finn and Poe.

Good fucking god.

This new trilogy will be Twilight for sci fi nerds confirmed.

MaRey Sue is Bella Swann.
>>
>>63979650
he's a large hologram/small person that's all we know, and he likes giving soon to be siths and generals unwarranted shit
>>
>>63979650

Snoke is Darth Vader.
>>
>>63979591
Did Rey even see Poe at all in the film?
>>
>>63979650
The Sheev of this new trilogy
>>
That's all fine and dandy but external material should enrich the lore not fill plotholes
>>
>>63979733

the sad thing is that i can see the poetry in this

please tell me george didnt sink this low
>>
>>63979591
Why do I have to read the book to get a better understanding of the movie?
>>
>>63979650
Darth plagueis of course
>>
zzz neweu trash waiting to be retconned who cares
>>
>>63979752
>>63979810

lol what are you guys 30 or something? you sure seem out of touch with technology

This is movies 2.0
>>
>>63979752
A lot of plotholes were probably kept intentionally open, just wait for episode 8.
>>
No she's not. She barely even met or saw poe.

>Finn is Force-sensitive, and was channeling the Force during his duel with Kylo Ren.
No he's not, this is complete bullshit. Finn is not force sensitive at all.

>Phasma survives the destruction of the Starkiller Base, which has already been confirmed by Kathleen Kennedy.
We already knew she'll survive and be in the next movies.

>Maz Kanata survives the First Order's attack on Takonada and accompanies Poe, Finn, Han and Chewbacca to D'Quar, which has more or less been confirmed by J.J. Abrams.
Sure, why would they introduce maz then kill her off? She'll probably be back.

>Kylo Ren knows Darth Vader turned to the Light and helped defeat the Emperor, but is convinced by Snoke that this was a momentary lapse of judgement, which adds credence to Snoke's claims that family attachments make Kylo vulnerable to the Light, which has been confirmed by J.J. Abrams.
Yeah this was already mostly implied.
>>
>>63979792
>George
Lel, Lucas has nothing to do with it, they even rejected his ideas for script.
>>
>>63979926
What other movies do you have to read the fucking book for to understand it? That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>63979591
Does it explain how the janitor knows how to blow up the planet?
>>
>>63979965
>No she's not. She barely even met or saw poe.

>No he's not, this is complete bullshit. Finn is not force sensitive at all.

It's in the book, bro. No need to sperg.
>>
>>63980101
But he didn't.
>>
>>63980101
He didn't, and they explicitly say that in he movie, which you apparently didn't watch
>>
>>63979591
She met Poe like, once....
>>
>>63980307
Think of it like when you see a cute girl on the street, you will never see her again but sometimes you feel a small attraction.
>>
>>63980101
By using the force
>>
Does it say anything about the Republic, why there is a Resistance, any politics at all?
>>

Wait so Han is somehow alive?
>>
Does Han have his "Marvel Quip" humor in the book?
>>
>>63980501
The attack on Maz's castle is long before Han dies...
>>
>it's in the book!

If the Game of Thrones tv show has taught us anything, it's that book continuities don't necessarily match with other media in a franchise.
>>
>>63980101
He literally didn't. He just went there to get Rey. He figured they'd improvise when they got there and Han and Chewie decided to blow up the columns under the generators.
>>
>>63979591

Please, no. The last fucking thing we need is a goddamn love triangle.
>>
File: consider-the-following-gorilla.jpg (110 KB, 786x514) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following-gorilla.jpg
110 KB, 786x514
>>63979591
What if the Starkiller actually used a whole star per use (maybe it's some kind of forced, hyperspaced supernova) and after that first shot it had to be moved or rebuilt somewhere else, giving it the ability to be a legitimate threat in later movies and freeing up a lot of space in TFA as well as giving them a solid plot for the rebels?
>>
>>63980668

She is definitely attracted to Finn, Poe is ambiguous
>>
>>63979591
>>63980605
In Star Wars, it is explicitly stated by Lucasfilm that movie canon supersedes books. If the book says something contrary to the movie, the movie is correct
>>
>>63979965
>No he's not, this is complete bullshit. Finn is not force sensitive at all.

Kylo Ren sense it in the First Scene. He's not as powerful as Luke or Kylo or probably Rey, but he can still be force-sensitive.
>>
>>63980713
>What if the Starkiller actually used a whole star per use

It does, that's what happens in the movie. After the first shot, they had to use up another star for it to be ready to fire
>>
File: 1447110672094.gif (2 MB, 517x349) Image search: [Google]
1447110672094.gif
2 MB, 517x349
>>63979752
>enrich the lore

>Bill Wilson
>that would be quite the feather in my cap
>NO, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING, I'M IN CHARGE HERE
>>
>>63979591
The books also have Finn as top 1% of Stormtroopers in skill and ability, but changed into a totally inept one in the film.
>>
>>63980913
lol they made him a coon mate
>>
>>63980913
>but changed into a totally inept one in the film.
It was changed for the book, the film is the definitive version
>>
>>63980717

I'm fine with her being attracted to Finn, and I'd be fine with her being attracted to Poe if that's the route they wanted to go. But for God's sake, don't force a goddamn love triangle on us.

Finn x Poe is superior anyway though.
>>
This new trilogy just ain't working without the Anakin/Vader or Luke. I can't seem to like it and I tried
>>
>>63980785
Where does it depict the star being used up on the first shot? Where was it depicted that they had another base around another star?

All I saw was them drawing power from a star.
>>
>>63980668
Almost had one til Lucas threw in the sibling twist.

>>63979591

People forget that Finn had all the signs of being a perfectly adjusted Stormtrooper... That is until the heard the voices of a thousand screams that were suddenly silenced. I believe the force was awakening in him too causing him to have a change of heart, possibly why Kylo Ren just sensed it... That is unless Kylo Ren has some sort of involuntary force radar on at all times
>>
>>63979591
How was Rey being attracted to Poe depicted in the novel? Curious
>>
>>63980766

Wouldn't Force sensitivity be one of the first things that they screen for when they first take children for the First Order?
>>
File: tumblr_msj0qcCVUT1qcg5mio10_500.gif (285 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msj0qcCVUT1qcg5mio10_500.gif
285 KB, 500x281
>>63979591
>momentary lapse of judgment
>>
>>63981120
It wasn't at all, just an awkward interaction that was hurried because shit was going down. OP sees things that aren't there.
>>
File: a_momentary_lapse_of_reason.png (354 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
a_momentary_lapse_of_reason.png
354 KB, 500x500
>>63981146
We Pink Floyd now nigger
>>
>>63979707
>implying she won't end up with kylo

GET OUT
>>
I'd rather judge for myself. Excerpt?
>>
>>63979591

Does Rey meet Poe in the movie? I don't remember them having any interaction.
>>
>>63981174
>>63981215

whoops my bad
>>
>>63981208
>incest in a kids movie
>>
I kind of like all the plot holes, it seems like they were intentionally left out for later movies or we are meant to fill in the gaps ourselves. Reminds me of the original trilogy and not the prequel trilogy that explained literally everything to the viewer like we are 6 years old
>>
Books don't fucking matter. In fact they have a nasty habit of being retconned

See: The entire Star Wars EU

Hundreds if not THOUSANDS of books, video games and other media, erased in the blink of an eye by some lawyers in a boardroom meeting

TFA books are just cheap cash ins. Merchandising, what Star Wars is known for
>>
Two questions that are probably dumb as shit and answered in the film.

First, why did Kylo Ren lose his shit as a kid and join the dark side? Was it explained that something happened or left ambiguous?

Second, if the first order is the old empire and they destroyed the new republic (was that coruscant?) and four other planets. Does that mean the first order still run the hundreds of other systems that used to be in the old republic/empire?
>>
>>63980411
>After the Battle of Endor, the New Republic is formed.
>The remnants of the Galactic Empire are outnumbered and burdened by internal conflict and power struggles.
>New Republic and the remnants of the Empire sign a peace treaty, the Galactic Concordance, which predicts demilitarization on both parts.
>A group of dissidents among the remnants of the Empire, fanatically loyal to Palpatine's ideology, retreats to the Outer Rim in the far reaches of Space, where the First Order is formed and, at one point, joins forces with Snoke.
>First Order begins amassing soldiers and weaponry to launch an offensive against the Republic. The Republic is aware, but can't violate the Galactic Concordance treaty as peace is still fleeting.
>Leia decides to assemble a privately-funded Resistence movement to oppose the First Order, which is secretly backed by certain Republic leaders that recognize the looming threat of the First Order, while others prefer to view them as too small to do lasting damage.
>>
>>63980728
But the book doesn't contradict anything, it adds extra information.
>>
>>63981482
>why did Kylo Ren lose his shit as a kid and join the dark side?
Snoke influenced Kylo to the dark side
>>
>>63980913
He literally didn't miss a single shot.
>>
>>63981120
They hug in the end when everyone is celebrating R2-D2 waking up, get awkward about it, introduce themselves, Rey says she knows Poe, and the internal narration says she "finds something appeasing in his face" or something.

Pretty minor stuff, really, but it's there.
>>
>>63981245
I think THINK they're in the rebel base for about 10 minutes
>>
File: trash-can-basketball-hoop-game.jpg (13 KB, 373x310) Image search: [Google]
trash-can-basketball-hoop-game.jpg
13 KB, 373x310
>>63981571

Nothing but net.
>>
>>63980998
fuck off tumblr
>>
>>63980970
literally named him like kunta
>>
Phasma's surviving makes sense in a way. It's 30 years later, perhaps the garbage room now has an access panel on the inside to prevent things like people being crushed to death, or even a voice-override that Phasma definitely would have had access to. Then she could have just fucked off with apparently half of the people on the base when they evacuated. Unlike the Death Star Lux actually saw his station going to shit, got authority to leave from his boss, and got himself and as many of his people as possible to safety. Lux is an asshole but you got to give him credit for being good at his job.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 500x390
>>63979650
This is snoke
>>
>>63979707
May be finn is her brother like Lea and Luke. Like classic movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 493x863) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 493x863
>>63979707
> attracted to Finn

She friendzoned him so hard his hips spread even farther apart
>>
It would be better if she was attracted to Kylo Ren, I don't care if they're cousins that makes it more hilarious.
>>
>>63979591
OK, so why wasn't any of this in the MOVIE?
>>
>>63980153
And? Only the movies are canon.
>>
File: f7b.gif (1 MB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
f7b.gif
1 MB, 500x269
>>63981675
Ha!
>>
>>63981756
can't believe brothers got fooled again, ah well fuck it, Luke is an honorary black man aha
>>
>>63980998
>Finn x Poe is superior anyway though.

You know, Rey is such a fucking boring and bad character that i would be completely OK with that.
>>
>>63979707
More like Katniss. Both Edward and Jacob were handsome while Katniss had to chose between a male model and a hideous freak. The latter sounds more like MaRey Sue's situation
>>
>>63981027
wtf are you talking about? Luke is in it...it's only the first film and it's clear that he will play a bigger role in the coming films.

If you meant it more as a character type than the actual character, then you're also off because Rey is clearly the one following in that vein (sometimes to a fault). Not to mention all the other great characters they introduced.
>>
>>63981862
>This is what racist nerds actually believe
>>
itt: according to the book Rey is a slut
>>
>>63980991
its the shit version. only thing he had was info of star killer base now what? Can't fly, cant fix shit, cant fight and no Force. best he can do going forward is to be comedic relief or sad cripple.
>>
>>63979591
I actually can't believe they made him a janitor AND replaceable, foly huck lmao
>>
>>63979735
That's what I was wondering.. Maybe she saw him briefly at the end.
>>
>>63979810
Oh yeah because it's such a bother to fucking read something you insufferable gook
>>
>>63982546
In the book they meet on D'Quar after R2-D2 wakes up.
>>
>>63981489
Makes sense
>>
>>63981057

They say that when the star completely disappears then it'll be ready to fire. The consumption of entire stars per shot is implied in this and also in the fucking name of it
>>
>>63979650
>who the fuck is Snoke

You really wanna know?
...You really, really wanna know?

... Are you sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

The Snoke we see on screen in TFA is just an illusion. A cop out, a hologram. A decoy.
>>
>>63983568
How do they get another star? If it's another base how does Finn know where it is?
>>
>>63981489
So the new trilogy is going the way of the prequels. This is literally how the first movie played out. Jedi are used against the CIS and the republic hires mercenaries to protect their routes.
>>
>>63982394

Sorry to say but he's right and you're a spastic.
>>
>>63982394
Yeah, nah, JJ had to work the camera angles to not show off how curvy Finn is, to be fair a lot of the other Stormtoopers were, but the uniform design just highlights the love handles
>>
>>63983743
is it really that hard to believe that an entire planet made into a death machine that shoots sun lasers through hyperspace can't move to a different sun?
>>
>>63984363
Yeah. It's a whole planet and no propulsion is shown
>>
>>63979591
Are they seriously going to have her get with finn? Because last scene she says FRIEND. As if she friendzoned him.
>>
Books don't mean shit. Finn could not be force sensitive. I think that the only one they will carry over is Kylo will end up becoming a good guy.
>>
>>63982394
Why are you name-calling and being a social justice fag. You might as well go to reddit with that dumb mentality. She literally says THANKS MY FRIEND at their last meeting.
>>
Rey literally never even met Poe so I find that part suspect
>>
Did she even meet Poe?
>>
>>63979634
uno farto
>>
Does anyone have the pics comparing force awakens and a new hope plot? Looking for the one with strikeouts. Thanks anons.
>>
who the fuck is Snoke?
>>
Rey never met Poe and she friendzoned finn with a fucking forehead kiss. Rey isn't going to fall in love with anyone because she's a strong independent woman who dont need no man.
>>
File: 1450635130201.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450635130201.jpg
221 KB, 1920x1080
>>63979591

Did the book expand on TR-8R's backstory and how he managed to survive getting shot by Han?
>>
Why does it feel like kylo will be one of the good guys in the end?

That, or he`s already one and just wants to get stronger and closer to snoke so he can off him like vader did, so that balance can be restored or some shit
>>
>>63985050
I thought jedis aren't suppose to have love relationships.
>>
>>63985280

How could she know that she's not a jedi yet.

And after seeing how that little rule fucked up the entire galaxy, I don't think its going to be one of the rules that Luke carries over to the new Jedi Order.
>>
Rey is Luke daughter.
>>
>>63984846
>>
>>63985654
Force be with you!
>>
File: kimxron.png (351 KB, 598x448) Image search: [Google]
kimxron.png
351 KB, 598x448
>>63983964
>>63984692
I hate niggers as much as anyone else here but JJ was pushing Finn/Rey really hard. If Finn was played by a white actor, no one would doubt he's the love interest. It'd be the overdone pairing of a relatable male lead and a strong female character inexplicably attracted to this incredibly weak male
>>
>>63987072
Rey showed no interest in Finn, Finn may have been trying to hit on her but she didn't react at all
>>
>>63979591
Reboot novelizations suck.
>>
>>63982394
She kisses his forehead and calls him a friend

guy is literally not fucked
>>
>>63979707
She's gonna decide between a handsome latino man and a monkey looking black dude, but she will pick the black dude in the end because its the right thing to do.
>>
>>63985654

You could do this with any movie since every movie is literally "character(s) has to achieve a goal(s)"
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 660x350
>>63980406
The force doesn't work that way!
>>
>>63979591
>Han
Why didn't he die?
>>
>>63979591
Who the fuck is Poe?
>>
>>63979591

>Star Wars Novel

LOLLOL wait til I tell everyone on /lit/
>>
>>63981136
People don't even believe in the Jedi anymore, nobody knows jack shit about midichlorians or gives a shit.
>>
>movie can't stand up on its own
>need a fucking novel to explain everything

This shit has to stop. If it needs outside literature it's just a shitty film.
>>
>>63987836
The movie can only include so much. The books are just for people who care want more detail.

If you dont care why are you in this thread?
>>
>>63987836
The movie doesn't need literature. The literature needs the movies. Literally all of the books are dumb faggots fanficcing.
>>
>>63981394
Luke and leia make out in empire. This wouldn't be a first for Star Wars
>>
>>63979591
>>Finn is Force-sensitive, and was channeling the Force during his duel with Kylo Ren.

Why did he do so badly then? Nothing indicated he was proficient, unlike Rey. He even needed Chewbacca to save him from a stormtrooper with a baton.
>>
>>63987873
I saw it on the front page and wanted to share my thought. Got a problem with that faggot?
>>
>>63981761
> good at his job
> starkiller base was destroyed
Vader would have force choked the shit out of that incompetent fuck
>>
>>63982452
Why? Just because she's a girl? Tell me you haven't been attracted to two girls at the same time
>>
>>63984555
I hope she goes for Poe
>>
>>63988567
racist
>>
File: 1449595960571.gif (990 KB, 498x373) Image search: [Google]
1449595960571.gif
990 KB, 498x373
Rey is clearly a clone of Padme infused with Sheev midichlorians.

Boooooooooooooooooooring
>>
>>63987926
TR-8R was clearly force sensitive, too. No one except a force user could master that sick baton-spinning technique.
>>
>>63988567
Poe isn't white either
>>
>>63985280
Tell that to anakin. Besides, I think the rules of the Jedi temple went out the window since, you know, there all dead except for Rey and Luke. Beggars can't be choosers
>>
If you're whining about a love triangle in star wars you may want to rewatch the original trilogy
>>
File: Hei?.png (361 KB, 560x642) Image search: [Google]
Hei?.png
361 KB, 560x642
>Rey is attractive to Finn and Poe
It's only entertaining to me women get cucked, not men. Poe and Finn seem like nice guys, I don't want them fighting each other for Rey.
>>
FINN WAS LITERALLY A KEVIN HART/JAR JAR BINKS COMEDY RELIEF CHARACTER. FOR FUCKS SAKE HE WAS A JANITOR.
>>
>>63987923
Difference between getting with someone and kissing them on the lips senpai
>>
File: fuck disney.jpg (93 KB, 1344x440) Image search: [Google]
fuck disney.jpg
93 KB, 1344x440
>>
>>63982394
Why does a woman HAVE to like a man, you sexist child?
>>
>>63979954
A lot of plot holes were kept intentionally. Just wait for episode 9
>>
>>63979591

Literally how? Did she have a droid on standby to turn off the compactors and open the door? Did she mind control a Stormtrooper to open the sealed hatch for her? Did she get ejected into space?
>>
>>63979591
Calling it now, she'll get with Poe at the end and Finn will be the supportive friend.

FUCK YOU DISNEY FOR MAKING ME LIKE A POSSIBLE INCEST SHIP!
>>
>>63980307
Yeah, but aside from being played by Oscar Isaac; Poe is cool enough he's got bitches throwing themselves at him all day every day.
>>
>>63981489
This shouldve been the opening crawl, or at least more of a paraphrased version
>>
>>63988961
What?
>>
>>63988961
>that spoiler
wut
>>
>>63979591

You mean Finn is attracted to both Rey and Poe

That is literally the movie.
>>
>>63989100
I'm just expecting the worst. Finn and Rey have zero chemistry but JJ already plant the seeds, now it all depends on Disney's marketing department. Are they ready to endure the racism accusations by pairing Rey with someone else or they're too afraid of a vocal minority that can't see beyond Finn's skin color? I'm talking obviously about the sjws, the only people I can see rooting for Finn/Rey, besides cuck fetishists like JJ.
>>
>>63980101
Who is this janitor everyone is talking about? I searched the internet and only came up with this:
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Janitor
>>
>>63988937
Perhaps she had a radio in hemlet, being a higher up. Perhaps that compacted comes equipped with an intercom or an emergency shut off switch for just those kinds of situations.
>>
>>63989337
>every female captain will be thrown into the trash at some point in their career

Sounds about right
>>
>>63979810
You don't have to, the OP did it for you.
>>
>>63983927
Except we don't get 30 minutes of senate debates and """"intrigue"""" that are too childish for adults and too confusing for children
>>
>>63984623
He's not. In the light Saber fight the book literally says, "something he couldn't comprehend let alone counter". He'd about as force sensitive as a tampon.
>>
>>63989163
>>63989240
Apparently there are people that like Kylo/Rey even though there's a 99% chance they're related.
>>

Why?
Since when did you need the force to use a lightsaber competently? Having Finn stay normal makes a clearer distinction between the prequels' sword ninjas, and the OT+VII's spiritual monks who happen to carry swords.

Please, Disney, just let Rey stay a pure hearted virgin princess and let Finn and Poe be a bromance duo. Those guys are great together, there's no space for a girl.
>>
>>63988623
No, she's a clone of Sheev mixed with some female DNA.
>>
>>63989518
I thought only force sensitives could use a sabre even to the point of not killing themselves with it

for some reason even doing basic attacks is something extremely hazardous to the user unless they are blessed with high midichlorian counts
>>
>>63989518
It was already pretty obvious Finn was force sensitive when he was hearing the screams from the exploding planets, or when he and Rey did that synchronized ridiculously improbable maneuver to shoot down the last pursuer while escaping Jakku. He's just slower to pick up the jedi superpower shit and is showing mostly the heightened senses stuff
>>
>>63989602
what about grievous? being mostly robot is fine? why not make an army of droid saber wielders?
>>
File: 1350244694310.jpg (70 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1350244694310.jpg
70 KB, 480x480
>>63989518
>Rey
>virgin

Pick one
>>
>>63979591
why would she be attracted to Poe? Did she even meet Poe?
>>
>>63989630
isnt grievous like 20% original organic covered with machine parts

i think he has a beating heart?
>>
>>63989611
does that mean han is force sensitive too because of that stunt he did to warp into the planet's atmosphere?
>>
Does Rey even meet Poe?
>>
>>63984496
The Death Star in the OT had zero visible propulsion systems and still was able to move from planet to planet. Checkmate Atheist.
>>
>>63989673
banging a force sensitive spreads midichlorians

its like jedi AIDS thats why the Order discourages sex they wanna monopolize their magical space powers
>>
>>63984363
>>63984496
>>63989714
the DeathPlanet makes calculations as to the exact moment the sun its currently orbiting gets consumed and disappears and thus also the sun's gravitational pull on the planet itself

in this way they slingshot the planet into deep space and with their timing they aim themselves at the next star they want to consume
>>
>>63989333
Luke did I ever tell you about the Janitors? They were people who took care of a building, such as an educational facility, office building, or residential apartment block. Janitors were responsible primarily for cleaning, but were often called upon to perform some maintenance and security duties. Janitors were good friends.
>>
>>63989333
Finn's position in the stormtrooper hierarchy was basically a janitor.
>>
>>63981565
how did snoke meet kylo though?
>>
Pablo Hidalgo went into detail about what carries over from the novelization into canon. I honestly couldnt understand what he was saying. But if anyone wants to decipher it, its on his twitter. Something about how small details arent canon, but events are. I have no fucking clue what counts as a small detail
>>
>>63988279
now i want to see phasma get choked out, god she was a waste
>>
>>63988894
That hyperspace one really irks me.

JJ is garbage at space scale and source material. It's like ST09's super transporter, or how everyone in TFA could watch the star killer beams
>>
>>63989878
All the cadets had janitor-level jobs to do besides training. I don't know why Finn decided to stick to that above anything else, though.
>>
>>63980828

how have i never seen this gif before

god damn
>>
Even if Phasma survived, would they even want her back? She better not be in the same high position of authority. I mean, she dropped the shields, dooming the whole planet, then got tossed into the trash without a fight like a total bitch.
>>
>>63979591
What does it say about the jedi massacre? Is it true Kylo and Luke fought to a standstill?
>>
>>63979591
If you have to turn to outside source material to understand what the fuck is happening in a movie that is supposed to establish the setting, then that movie is garbage.
>>
>>63989518
A trained force sensitive -- like Kylo -- would be able to predict his opponent's attacks before they happen. Only a jedi would be able to keep up. Kylo can literally block bullets with his sword, blocking Finn's clumsy swings should have been a breeze.
>>
>>63989646
>>63989692
Nope. Op is full of shit
>>
>>63990029
yea, if only he wasnt wounded
>>
>>63981801
JJ KEEPING UP ON HIS CHINESE TENTACLE CARTOON PORN

MACE DINDU GOT ONE IN THE BUTT
>>
>>63990059
his wound allowed him to use his pain to fuel the dark side in him, if anything he wouldve been mildly convenienced
>>
>>63987332
thats disney backpeddling
its probably what got JJ fired from 8 & 9
>>
File: REEEEE.png (51 KB, 584x328) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.png
51 KB, 584x328
>>
>>63979707
just have them all fuck each other, case fucking closed
>>
>>63990140
>Giant 20 minute long orgy on the Falcon

Yes please
>>
>>63987072
JJ Abrams fucked up, because chinamen are racist as fuck and will not look at negroes.
>>
>>63988894

>Kylo freezes one bolt, and deflects a ton of them when he goes to capture Rey
>OMG THEY'RE CHANGING EVERYTHING!!!!

>the force is a super power
>despite the fact that Kylo is clear proof that it still requires training and an instructor, as well as time to develop

>Han isn't experienced enough in hyperspace travel to make things seem less difficult than they actually are

>Han isn't operating under the assumption that Finn is knowledgable about Starkiller base and will lead him straight to what he needs with relative ease

>implying Starkiller Base (for a base that literally kills stars in order to operate its weapon) isn't a more apt name than Death Star (for a base that isn't a star at all)

>the first duel in the first movie of a trilogy must result in the death of a character, despite the fact that the characters involved in the duel must survive to advance the plot in later films
>every duel in the sequel trilogy will end with a seismic event, we know this for a fact

This is some of the greatest shitposting I've ever seen.
>>
>>63989602
You're right that you need the force to use a lightsaber well, but it's not because a normal person can't use it.

If the EU is still canon, the lightsaber is almost purely ceremonial and known to be inferior weapon. The only reason it's feared at all is because of the Jedi holding it and the magic he is capable of (like blocking blaster beams). Historically, Jedi are just that dangerous that they can BTFO enemies with a garbage weapon like a lightsaber--which makes the saber seem strong to normals who don't know any better.

Then add in the rarity of their crystals, which makes keeps sabers from becoming a commonplace utility knife. Suddenly the truth that "Jedi can use this weapon" becomes the myth that "only Jedi can use this weapon".

Also, Finn is a stormtrooper after all. Technically he's just as or more badass than any special forces soldier that exists today. He might not be able do jedi magic but he can handle a sword just fine and not get instantly killed.

Kylo isn't the greatest swordsman in the world either, his lightsaber is barely operable and unstable, which implies a lot of things about the quality of his training and how it might have been tilted in favor of pacifism under Luke.
>>
>>63989602
what about Han Solo when he cut open the tauntaun he isn't force sensitive at all.
>>
>>63990368
>If the EU is still canon
Don't worry, its not.
>>
>>63980153
I read the book and although they meet there's no indicating that she's attracted to him. No clue where OP pulled that from.
>>
>>63985280
I don't think the "jedi rules" are really known to the galaxy anymore.
>>
>>63990313
>>Han isn't experienced enough in hyperspace travel to make things seem less difficult than they actually are
No. JJ straight up failed at hyperspace. It doesn't go through stuff without destroying the hyperspacing vessel, ANH tells us that.

If one could hyper jump through a planetary shield, there would be no reason to land on endor, rebel fighters could just jump in.
>>
File: 1413173323846.gif (1 MB, 275x187) Image search: [Google]
1413173323846.gif
1 MB, 275x187
>>63989589
Quit forcing your gender on Sheev, you have no idea what he identified as
>>
>>63980585
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SPOILER FGT
>>

Which is kind of funny since those kinds of attachments were supposedly dark side magnets in the past.
>>
>>63990450
landing a hyperspace jump in an area like 20-100km long probably isn't reliable or easy
>>
>Rey is Luke's daughter
S T O P T H I S F U C K I N G M E M E
SHE IS NOT LUKE'S DAUGHTER!!!!
>>
>Rey is attracted to both Finn and Poe

but...Rey never once spoke to Poe in the movie...like they never had a scene together...so Poe is like a high school crush basically to her
>>
>>63990450
Presumably the type of shield on SKB is different from shields used on Hoth and Endor. The One Order skimped on shield quality because they needed to enclose the whole planet. That said, I agree - that plot point was fucking retarded.
>>
>>63981614
No shit, Oscar Isaac is hot as fuck
>>
>>63990840
Rey has serious abandonment issues. She's going to sleep with anything that has 2 legs
>>
>>63979591
>tfw she'll be NTRed when Finn and Poe hook up

It's okay Rey Rey, I'm here for you.
>>
>>63981614
I'm pretty sure that line was meant to imply that his face was trusting, not that she wanted to fuck.
>>
>>63988407
No, I have been 100% faithful to your mum.
>>
>>63990980
Trusting enough to take his seed into her belly button
>>
>>63981614
SPIC'D
>>
>>63981801
How the fuck is there no 34 of these ugly fuckers tentacle fucking Rey yet? That is literally the first thing that came to mind when Finn got grabbed by them. Okay second. First was FINN getting fucked by them...
>>
>>63990048
They did in the novelization, which is what OP is talking about you dumbfuck
>>
Rey and Luke OTP
>>
>>63979591
lol shut the fuck up
>>
File: 116c.jpg (21 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
116c.jpg
21 KB, 500x211
>>63990450
They talked about a "refresh rate" on the shield.

The Falcon is modded to be absurdly fast in hyperspace. In the whole galaxy, this ship is one of the fastest objects that ever existed once the hyperdrive is on.

It's reasonable that the Falcon can squeak in between shield refreshes, where a bone stock, mass produced, x-wing hyperdrive would just get destroyed.
>>
>>63981394
Love is love, bigot
It's 2015, I mean come on!
>>
File: 1449638765437.jpg (20 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1449638765437.jpg
20 KB, 500x367
>>63981614
>>63991061
A new hope.
>>
>>63991176
Pretty sure they just said anything traveling faster than the speed of light could go through the shield
>>
I thought the movie made it obvious Finn was force sensitive due to Kylo recognizing him and then Snokes acknowledging a disturbance in the force before Rey's awakening.

Kind of like how they made it outright obvious that Luke trained Kylo who was the person who attacked the academy, sending Luke into hiding afterwards. It also heavy handedly hinted towards Rey being one of the people to survive the academy and dumped in Jakku far away from the Republic prior to the rise of the First Order.

My money is the knights of Ren are just a bunch of force weak assholes that Kylo has been training as he had offered Rey. I assume Snoke will end up being part of a descendant of the original group of Siths that have been in the background since prior to the Order of the Two and Kylo is a fucking Sith sorcerer.
>>
>>63981208
This. It is the purest form of love.
>>
>>63981394
anti-incest is code for anti-libertarian. Why are you such a statist parasite?
>>
>>63991074
The novel also said that anon was a faggot.
>>
>>63979591
It doesn't matter. She's gonna be Luke's slave.
>>
>>63991176
the big problem here is the falcon has damages and modifications unknown to han since it went missing to now, also adding the fact he hasnt piloted it in years and didnt even know about the compressor part rey pointed out to him, he would be making a huge assumption that it was possible.

another issue is those xwings are suppose to be top of the line, so if they are now inferior actually pull of this hyperdrive task and clearly cannot fulfill a bomber role like the y-wing, was the resistance just retarded.
>>
>>63991530
>was the resistance just retarded

Just underfunded like Disney's CGI department.
>>
>>63979591

How is she attracted to Poe? Did she even speak a line to Poe the entire movie?
>>
File: 1413174179640.gif (426 KB, 285x190) Image search: [Google]
1413174179640.gif
426 KB, 285x190
SHE IS ATTRACTED TO POE BECAUSE POE IS ATTRACTIVE
>>
>>63990096
Stupid people keep saying this and it's bullshit. Look back at Dooku. Did he suddenly get so powerful after losing his hands that his head flew off his shoulders?
>>
>>63991336
Well fuck. I guess that's canon now.
>>
>>63992128
But Kylo is a cutter who sustains himself on it.
>>
>>63991862
Perhaps you should read the fucking thread before posting, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>63992128
Don't be idiotic, Jedi/Sith keep all their power in their hands. Vader cut off Luke's hand because he knew that if he let him keep both of them there would be no fucking chance in hell of beating him.

Loosing both hends would definitely leads to death for a Force user.
>>
>>63992177
No, that's just a cry for help/attention
>>
>>63979591
This is all I wanted to know.
>>
>>63992247
>Finn is Force-sensitive
The novel doesn't say that
>>
>>63985654
>The pair come across an old hermit named Lars San Tekka

Except that didn't happen.
>>
You left out how dark voices were talking to Rey during he fight with Kylo to. Also this

Adds to the fact Rey will turn to the Dark Side and will have conflict with Finn. Her saying "I'll see you again friend" before she left for her training doesn't help.
>>
>Leia is attracted to Luke and Han

wot if Rey is one of their sisters
or what if Finn and Poe are actually brothers which explains why they get along
>>
>>63992378
Finn and Poe are lovers
>>
>>63992347
b-but someone on the internet told me!
/tv/ would never lie to me~
>>
File: 1427004170701.gif (930 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1427004170701.gif
930 KB, 320x240
Who cares if Finn was Force sensitive, black people literally make the worst Jedi. Mace Windu had to tap into the dark side power to be as powerful as a Jedi as normal Jedi masters like Qui-Gon
Thread replies: 244
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.