[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats /tv/'s opinion on this flick? Should I watch it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: hatefulmemes.jpg (180 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
hatefulmemes.jpg
180 KB, 1600x900
Whats /tv/'s opinion on this flick? Should I watch it?
>>
>>63972668
I enjoyed it. I dont know why all these faggots are butthurt over a decent tarantino movie. It really is watchable and acceptable.
>>
It was an absolute dogpile. A three hour exercise in terrible.
>>
>>63972740

So you have no problem with black dingus on screen?

what a cuck go take care of your wifes son please and fuck off
>>
>>63972777
nice trips
>>
was it as good or better than jango unchained? how would you rate it in order of his other films?
>>
File: MMM.jpg (27 KB, 446x265) Image search: [Google]
MMM.jpg
27 KB, 446x265
>>63972777
Trips confirm
>>
>>63972668
yeah why not
>>
It was shit.

>Trying to ape spaghetti westerns with those drawn out shots and slow buildup but then totally failing at it and being reduced to literally doing everything in slo-mo
>That horrible just-here-for-the-paycheck acting from Tarantino's boy Samuel L. Jackson
>That shit plot where the first half of the movie essentially didn't matter at all and then it turns into a detective movie where all the information was shit no one could have possibly known and it was all the work of an unseen fourth guy hiding in the basement
>Awful dialogue, where everyone is vomiting exposition at each other instead of talking, like that cringeworthy scene in the stagecoach
>Every character is unbelievably retarded and/or unlikable
>Pointless Tarantino race baiting and NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER everywhere, to the point where it seems like he's only making movies so he can make actors say nigger
>THAT CRINGEY NARRATION

Tarantino should be beaten
>>
>>63972793
first off, im not married nor have kids. Second of all black dingus ? Come on faggot seriously did you even watch the movie ? The movie isnt bad you magnificent faggot.
>>
>>63972668
>>63972826
A bit better. Django was 8/10 for me. This one 8.5/10
Characters are all very fleshed out, with great dialogue between them. What's great about this movie is that it's very unpredictable. You can guess at how the story will progress, but you won't see it coming (unless you read spoilers).
Tarantino does go a bit too far in a few places, and shows what seems to be one of the biggest 'cuck' scenes i've ever seen

But worth a watch
>>
>>63972668
Dont bother asking /tv/ for recommendations or their opinions they hate everything.
>>
>>63972890
Yeah fuck off son. The dialogue was great and the build up was essential so you can learn about the characters. Other movies get bashed because of little character depth, but when Tarantino does it it's 'first half doesnt matter'?
Characters were also very likeable

To other posters: just ignore this contrarian
>>
>>63972793
>So you have no problem with black dingus on screen?
What ?
>>
>>63973076
There's a scene where Jackson tells about how he caught one of the sons of a character in the cabin and how he strips him naked and walks him in the freezin snow. When the man is begginf for a blanket, Jackson's character tells him to come over and suck his 'giant black johnson'. And for a few seconds you see the man sucking a black dick (not actually his dick though) while Jackson is laughing like a maniac

I liked the movie but this was just literally KEK
>>
>>63973176
yeah i dont understand why that anon is butthurt, didnt even show any black dingus. I think he maybe got ass raped by niggers as a child. That scene was hilarious.
>>
>>63973055

I'm not being a contrarian, retard. I thought the movie was boring shit, because it was.

>Dialogue was great

Yeah? Please tell me what was so great about the stagecoach scene where for about 15 minutes they just sit around going "DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS NIGGER IS? LET ME TELL YOU THIS NIGGER'S ENTIRE LIFE STORY" "Shut up, I know who you are, you're ..." back and forth? Just vomiting that exposition in the most hamfisted way? That's how 8th graders write dialogue, buddy.

>Characters were also very likable

Well let's see, there was the flat murderess with no backstory. There was the mexican who had like 10 lines the entire movie. There was the retarded redneck sheriff. The annoying voiced Englishman. Kurt Russell being all paranoid and edgy. Oh, and Samuel L. Jackson, who forced a cracker to suck him off and then shot him anyway and then shoots the dad too.

So who in there is supposed to be likable?

Maybe you should pull off the Tarantino fanboy goggles and realize that maybe... just maybe... the movie sucked.

Now address my point about the cringey narration, or how the "mystery" of the movie is something no one could possibly know until Jackson starts talking about it.
>>
>>63972793
Only a faggot gets ass wet over that scene.
>>
>>63973238
It's too much though
Although Tarantino makes up for it by
shooting Jackon's dick off
>>
>>63972934

Sorry I dont watch Tarantino films. I am not 15 anymore and know better.
>>
>>63973304
Thats ironically funny though. But yea i agree it was a bit too much.
>>
Its one of tarantinos worst for me
Dialogue and acting was TERRIBLE at the start, picks up as the movie goes on but is only decent
Outside of Roth and Boggins everyone else is lame
It's 3 hours and feels like it, doesn't actually pick up until an hour thirty into the movie when the movie remembers "oh shit tension right lets get on that". It's pretty by the numbers and at least for me I called out everything that would happen before it actually happened save the hidden guy. I mean it was so obvious tarantino was pulling another Inglorious Basterds with the characters, as in who you're supposed to actually be rooting for and like.
Effects were also some of trantino's worse, webm related
70mm but 90% of the movie is indoors, why bother even

Overall very poor
>>
>>63973238

Nice projection Reddit!
>>
>>63973408
oh fuck off you reddit tier faggot.
>>
I'm not going to tell anyone to watch it or not, but I thought it was shit.
>>
>>63972668
It was pretty good tbqh
It keeps you enthralled the whole time and it's very easy to swallow
If you're looking for a film that's going to make you question your beliefs or give a lecture on metaphysical ideas you'll be disappointed. But if you're looking to be entertained for about two hours then you'll enjoy it. If you like any of Tarantino's other films you'll like it. If you hated his other work you'll hate it.
>>
>>63973540
>It keeps you enthralled the whole time

reaction costanza.jpg
>>
>>63973540

flick*

Anything Tarantino makes cant be considered a film.
>>
>>63972668
It's finally a Tarantino movie that really only people around his age can really appreciate for a change, it's a nice change of pace. only millenials spoon fed adhd pills are hating this. I've been telling everyone this movie is 95% talking, 5% action. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: 1347799615139.png (42 KB, 1585x1527) Image search: [Google]
1347799615139.png
42 KB, 1585x1527
>>63973540

>very easy to swallow
>>
>>63973585
What part bored you?
>>
>>63973605

I love westerns and hated this. Get fucked
>>
>>63973605

Yeah I remember how it felt to be edgy and 16 anon.
>>
so does /tv/ just fucking hate Tarantino? People always shitting on him here.
>>
>>63973853

People should hate him.

Hes a cuck afterall.
>>
>>63973705

The shit acting, how the entire first half is characters spewing back story at each other, the simple plot stretched needlessly over 3 hours, that shit winding dialogue, and all the awful directing choices like the out of place pop song and narration.

I know hipsters like you will botch about how kids deex days can't appreciate slow movies or whatever. I am that guy who watches that slow Euro/Asian shit and likes it. Tarantino is simply a hack.
>>
>>63973359
16 year olds don't watch Tarantino movies? K.
>>
>>63973853
i cant speak for everyone but yeah i dislike him. guy seems like an asshole. i like his movies though, and its not like my opinion on him matters to anyone really.
>>
>>63973983
I feel like it's just the board being contrarian, idk. I guess you either like his style or you don't.
>>
>>63974059

They do and then they pretend they are hot shit for watching ''deep films with lots of edgy dialogue and little action that are all the same''.

Literally the kind of stuff pretentious pseudo intellectuals feed on. So pick your poison.
>>
>>63973853

He has not made a good movie since Reservoir Dogs.
>>
>>63974101
I meant his movies, I kind of like his personality. Weird arrogant fucker.
>>
>>63974152
so you don't like Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill (vol 1)?
>>
>>63974017
The acting wasn't shit; the only character that really felt off was Kurt Russel and only a little.
>how the entire first half is characters spewing back story at each other
What's wrong with this exactly? It flows well, and isn't boring.
>the simple plot stretched needlessly over 3 hours
There is constant action going on during the 3 hours. It's not like shit was taking too long to happen.
>that shit winding dialogue
I thought it was pretty good.

The problem is that you just don't like the style of the film for whatever reason. It wasn't even slow.
>>
>>63973853
No, but you'll find people here have a more negative opinion of him than Reddit. They think Django and Inglorious bastards are 10/10 masterpiece movies when they're just decent/good.

Hateful Eight is bad though.
>>
>>63974253

Pulp Fiction was just OK. Kill Bill 1 was entertaining but aside from the fights nothing interesting.
>>
It would have benefited from a different director. Some of those scenes could have been brutal and tension filled but they ended up being schlock. I.E, vomiting blood and dingus sucking.
>>
>>63974332
>>63974317
I'm a huge fan of Tarantino's movies so just trying to get some different perspectives. At least you guys are giving me decent responses and not just shitposting lol, thanks.
>>
>>63974274

You are totally full of shit to say the movie was filled with constant action when there is a dude praising the movie in this thread saying it had 5% action.

The exposition was not natural because they just took turns saying each other's life story. How is that natural?

And fuck off with your assumptions. I hated this movie because it was a bad movie.
>>
>>63972668

You should. It´s a great time and a great movie. And I fuckin hate with a passion Django and Kill Bill, I and II. Inglorious is another beast, the Basterds and the Hateful are twisted twin movies.

But it couldn´t dethrone the gloriousness of Jackie Brown as Tarantino´s best effort.
>>
>>63974447

Here's the thing. I don't really give a shit if someone likes Tarantino or not. Personally, I don't like him. I like some of his movies. But some of his movies are also really bad, and it seems like he's getting progressively worse.

I grew up in the same culture as Tarantino. I've watched the same movies. And Tarantino seems to believe he can do these movies better, but he can't. He always has to try to be clever and edgy and it just doesn't work anymore because under the "witty" dialogue and all the nigger this and nigger that, there is no real substance.

Django Unchained is supposed to be like Boss Nigger, only Boss Nigger is actually better because it told the same story in half the time and didn't parade around all these half-baked Tarantino monologues.

Shit like Hateful Eight is simply that: shit. The movie tries to be a western and a mystery at the same time, and tries to throw in some gore too. But all it is, is a mess of shitty acting, of overly long monologuing, with a stupid story and just nothing fucking interesting at all going on. Oh, and the narration. Dear god, the narration.

t think someone just needs to tell him he has lost it.

Now before you write me off as a shitposter, consider this. In this thread there are about three or four people shitting on this movie, and their criticisms are pretty consistent. Those defending it seem unsure whether this movie even has action or doesn't and are basically going "well that's just like, your opinion, man."
>>
When will Cucktin get tired of these ripoff/revenge/exploitaion flicks? He missed on Kill Bill, nailed it on Death Proof and the rest has been trash.
>>
Pretty solid 7/10 imo. Movie was long but didn't really feel like it. It holds up very well with dialogue alone, the action I thought was actually some of the weakest parts of the movie. The ending overall was predictable but very entertaining and very very comfy nonetheless.
>>
Defiantly movie of the year or Mad Max, haven't decided
>>
>>63973853
KICKING
>>
Inglorious Basterds - 9/10
Django - 3/10
Hateful Eight - 8/10

watched his other movies too long ago to give out the ratings correctly
>>
>>63974821
I don't think you are a shit poster (same guy) this is actually a valid critique of Tarantino! Thanks.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.