[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JJ BTFO BY LUCAS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 720x480
>How would you describe J.J. Abrams?
>"He's a glibtard"
>Did you like the new movie?
>"Nothing more than a glib facsimile"
>How did you feel about the direction Star Wars is headed in?
>"I feel like it may be going to far in a few places but we'll have to see"
>>
>>63972574
the movie was worse than the prequels
>>
>>63972645
reddit
>>
>>63972670
find me 1 person on reddit saying TFA is shit.

I dare you
>>
>>63972645
Memes don't make the prequels good.
>>
>>63972716

Ive never been there but you seem to be an expert.
>>
>>63972785
I don't have to. There are multiple obvious reddit posts since 1 week in here defending TFA to their death.

Plus there was even 1 survey thread before. Reddit has invaded this board and it wont leave untile everybody chant how based was TFA
>>
>>63972716

One of the first reviews that ever came up for TFA was very negative, although reasonable and well written.

None of the comments where as reactionary and radically dumb as the ones here
>>
>>63972645
greetings reddit
>>
HOW TO DETECT A REDDITOR:

>low effort posts
>contrarian

/tv/'s literally plagued by off-duty relaxing after heavy-posting duty on their main abode.
>>
>>63972645
agree
>>
File: 1450795539574.png (4 MB, 1038x920) Image search: [Google]
1450795539574.png
4 MB, 1038x920
>>63973016
kinda goes both ways

sometimes redditors type out really long replies in a dead thread

the contrarian meme is definitely reddit though
>>
>>63972670
>implying reddit isn't viciously defending the movie
Reddit had plenty of applications and somehow you still fucked it up
>implying cracking cheap jokes about Lucas and jar jar isn't free up votes
You're posting is pretty glib m8
>>
>>63972574
Please George Lucas, come back!
>>
>>63972953
>reactionary
the only thing reactionary is the increased vitriol against the prequels from the influx of newfags

People were defending them (not calling them good) before this steaming pile of shit came out
>>
>>63973016
just to be clear by
>contrarian

you mean "using the word" or "being contrarian"?

because as far as i can tell, saying you dislike TFA will aggro redditors saying you are a contrarian because you have to hate it on purpose
>>
>>63972645
Keep on memeing.
>>
>>63973016
>redditors
>contrarian

Are you serious? That shit is more hivemind than we will ever be. There whole system works on not being contrarian.

If you didn't realize 4chan is the next of contrarian opinions than you might actually be from fucking reddit. In which case gb-I honestly don't give a shit what you do. I'm not the internet police.
>>
>>63973760

i'm saying that all the off-duty redditors come over here after a hard day of posting and just enter :chillposting: mode spewing contrarian bait in an effort to fit in.
>>
>>63972670
>>63973001

im serious how was the TFA good in any way?

>Finn a janitor who goes on assaults
>Finn works for kylo ren and has seen him use the force but then is shocked when Han solo tells him the force is real
>finn sweaty akward beta faggot despite being trained from a young age
>shitty attempts at humor throughout
>kylos retarded light saber
>star destroyer is same shape as lightsaber
>kylo has vaders skull 30 years after he was cremated
>kylo wants to be the strongest like vader despite the fact that vader not only turned good but was also beaten by luke
>nobody knows shit about the war only after 30 years
>Republic exist yet the first order is able to roam Empire style
>build a fuck huge solar powered death star 3 inside of a planet in 30 years
>death star attack round 3
>sand planet, forest planet, island planet
>r2d2 sleeps for no fucking reason
>r2d2s existing map entire map surrounds the missing piece. yet they claim to have no idea where luke is
>rey has all force powers with no training
>all the alien species were shit tier
>no sense of distance in space
>hurr light speed everything

and the list goes on
>>
>>63972645

fuck off, Jar Jar.
>>
File: 1431098157909.jpg (191 KB, 703x494) Image search: [Google]
1431098157909.jpg
191 KB, 703x494
Reminder that hating the prequels = reddit
>>
>>63973016
this is a reddit post

redditors are ALWAYS the ones who say

>contrarian
and
>edgy
>>
>>63973843
>List a whole lot of opinions and confirms autism
>prove me wrong

Feels like b8.
>>
File: 1424995497929.jpg (34 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
1424995497929.jpg
34 KB, 500x411
>>63973818
>fit in
>on a anonymous image board

REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT YOU'RE NOT FUCKING FOOLING ANYONE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>63973876
a10/v10

can i save this?
>>
>>63974008
>list actual flaws in the movie
>opinions

not everything in life is a may may
>>
>>63973818
this is a redditor

>>63974021
this isn't
>>
>>63974090

i only have around 10K karma points on reddit. i've been posting on /tv/ from 2012 though...
>>
>>63974086
Okay.

>Finn a janitor who goes on assaults

Reality: You can change your MOS, rating, AFSC, etc. in the military. There is no reason that Finn couldn't have switched jobs or have been forced to switch jobs because requirements or taskings have changed.

SW Universe: There may be an age or experience requirement before you can even apply for a combat role and until then younger soldiers would have to do non-combat roles such as janitor, cook, maintenance, aide, etc. FA already explains to the audience members of the FO are with the organization from childhood and since I don't see any diminutive, chibi Stormtroopers running around, well, I can use my own reasoning from there without having the movie spell everything out to me like I'm retarded.

Either of those would be perfectly reasonable and not "HUGE FLAW THIS MOVIE IS RUINED FOR ME" unless you were autistic or just trying to b8.

I'm not going to break down all the other shitty things you listed because we both know it's true. Let's just say I did and I do something else with my time. Thanks.
>>
>>63972645
Only a sith deals in absolutes
>>
>>63973016
fucking this
>>
>>63973016
Redditors are the ones who complain about contrarians, though.
>>
>>63973818
>le never ending "you're a contrarian" meme

Redditor, go. Just go. We don't need accounts and upvotes to spot your shit.
>>
Exactly, he's samefagging now

>>63975306
>>
>>63972645
B8 or you're a faggot
>>
>>63975381
Complain or simply acknowledge it?

I've been here probably longer than anyone else and it's simply what 4chan is now. It was always there it has just gotten more magnified after chanology, gg, etc. because like sitcom characters people just start to become caricatures after awhile. Especially if it's what they think they have to be and act like to fit in with the "culture".

4chan was more nuanced in the mid aughts but now everything is just an extreme example of defining characteristics of this board, and site in general.
>>
>>63973421
SOMEONE
>>
>>63973951
i could see why 3 could be seen as good, but anyone who thinks 2 is a good movie needs to watch it again.
>>
File: mcbrayer.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
mcbrayer.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>63972785
That's an impressive conditioned response. Maybe reddit actually is more your speed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXL1agXVeuo
>>
>>63974439
> Responds to one thing on the list
>>
>>63977032
>misses the point entirely

WHY WONT IT READ?!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.