[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's fix TFA!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Let's show JJ that the collective minds of /tv/ can write a better Star Wars movie than him.

So, you can fix up the story we got, or go in a completely new direction. What would you do?
>>
Chewbacca is the sith lord
>>
The only problem I had with the story was the sloppy midsection.

The lightsaber "calling out" to Rey and the induced flashback hallucinations were lame and sloppy writing, and blowing up the Republic senate carried like zero weight.

Rey also could have used a character flaw or two but I liked Daisy Ridley so I'll let it slide.
>>
Jar Jar is Snoke
>>
only thing that needed fixing was the final scene.
>Luke has his back turned
>Rey: This belongs to you
>pulls out lightsaber
>Luke slowly turns around
>pulls off hood
>only a 3 second staredown
>gives her a smile
>Luke: Get some rest Rey. You look tired.
>BWEEEEE BWEEEEEE
>cut to black
>>
>>63971808
Big Reveal in IX:
Jar Jar was the main villain all along.
>>
>>63971808
I just want to know whether Luke is Rey's father or not.
>>
>>63972958
try this

>Luke has his back turned
>Rey: this belongs to you
>pulls out lightsaber
>Luke slowly turns around
>Pulls off hood
>Suddenly turns on a red lightsaber
>See Luke's pissed off face
>cut to black
>>
>>63973143
>>63972958
why the fuck was he just standing there with his back turned? he looked like he was a drunk hobo taking a piss
>>
>>63972622
Pretty much this. Also it looks like they are blowing up Coruscant but later they call the system something else, and while Coruscant could still be one of the 5 destroyed planets the system and entire region of space it was in were also called Coruscant in the EU, so while that isn't canon anymore it is still a weird and confusing thing to change. Or 5 different planets, one of which looked exactly like Coruscant, got blown up. Exactly how many fully-populated city planets are there?

Like, I'm stoked that Corellia is fine, since Corellia is Space America if America still had a decent manufacturing industry, but I wished the planetary destruction carried more weight. We don't even see Alderaan until half a minute before it gets blown up in ANH and I still gave more of a shit about that, even though it was supposed to be "default earth-like future planet."
>>
No Death Planet
Cut Phasma
Instead of Rey beating Kylo Ren, have a moment where they get separated mid fight
Have a moment where Rey needs help or has a moment of weakness, tone down some of Rey's force powers
No CGI Snoke
Fix up the last shot of Luke, don't make it a helicopter shot
>>
>>63973365
>Instead of Rey beating Kylo Ren, have a moment where they get separated mid fight
too anti climactic
>>
Make it a mystery thriller with the main characters actively searching for Luke instead of a magical map to his location(Why does the map even exist in the first place?).

Turn the first order into desperate rebels who are trying to kill Luke and have the Republic own most of the galaxy. Get rid of the "resistance"

Have Poe be a more active character
>>
More mask banter
>>
>63971808

-Luke's new Jedi Academy is functional and the centerpoint of the sequels. Disney must be fucking retarded to discard a change of setting adventures in Jedi magic school.

-No Sith/totally-not-Sith opponents anymore. They are dead and gone. Heroes' accomplishments should matter.

-The First Order is simply a political movement, wanting to unify the Galaxy by any means necessary after decades of regional wars and the New Republic's inability to restore order, aftert the Empire had fragmented. It is commanded by not-Thrawn. They use elite warriors with cybernetic augments up the ass and equivalents of droidekas/commando droids to combat the Jedi. However, at the start they feign neutrality towards Luke's restored Jedi Order.

-The main characters in the first movie are two Solo siblings. One of them is more hotheaded, wants to go out and fight evil, thinks she should be named a Knight already and sympathizes with the First Order. Another secretly has much the same desires, but is more cautious, and doesn't trust himself, so he sticks with Luke's opinion that they must complete their training before facing a Galaxy of chaos.

-When visiting their parents they are caught in a massive pirate attack. A chance to show both the sorry state and the scale of the Galaxy, where now criminals possess fleets of mile-long warships. The hot-headed sibling is captured by the pirates.

-In the second act her brother goes on an adventure, ahem, a rescue mission with daddy Han and Chewie, trying to track down pirates because something something makes impossible to wait for more backup. A chance to show more cantinas, aliums, and rusty hangars.
>>
>>63974442
(cont.)
-They arrive at the pirate fleet base and launch a sneaky infiltration mission, but in the middle of it the First Order shows up and starts shooting up the place, so everything goes to hell. A chance to show a space battle. The sister escapes on her own using the chaos created by the attack. Her rage at the pirates, her own weakness, and possibly Han's death during the battle makes her teeter perilously close to the dark side. She carves her way through the pirates and declares that she's not going back to the Luke's Academy, after the battle is over. The brother tries to stop her, they fight, she roflstomps him, but cannot bring herself to deliver the final blow. She joins the First Order's forces.

-Meanwhile, we see the First Order's enforcers erasing evidence of the pirate gang being secretly hired by them for a strike on the Republic and the Solo family in the first place...

-The end of the frist movie
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.