[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOOLD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 17
File: hammond.png (392 KB, 533x425) Image search: [Google]
hammond.png
392 KB, 533x425
GOOLD?
>>
starbuck?
>>
Why? Why post this? Is this a haunting reminder that the new Stargate will be an evem more shit movie that TFA? Is it a reminder that Stargate basically died with him? Whhhhyyyyyy?
>>
>>63970846
FUCK YOU HAMMOND
>>
>>63970923
My worst fear is that it could actually be good. At least now I don't have to feel torn between the movies and the shows.
>>
File: vdLy7iS.png (63 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
vdLy7iS.png
63 KB, 367x202
>>63970923
>tfw the people who want to reboot Stargate only want to do so because they hate the TV show and want to retcon everything just to piss on fans
>>
File: sgu eli.jpg (467 KB, 1331x2000) Image search: [Google]
sgu eli.jpg
467 KB, 1331x2000
>>63970923
>Stargate basically died with him
SGU was elite af.

F

>we will never see Eli sacrifice himself like the cück he is so that Chloe can get piped by whatever Chad she's in the mood for
>we will never see the Destiny crew discover that the universe is actually a digital simulation inside a Matrioshka brain-like superstructure
>we will never see Rush figure out how to manipulate our digital universe in order to resurrect his wife, and Dr. Parry, and Ginn, and basically whoever else he wants, and then make himself supreme ruler of the universe
>>
>>63970846
>>
>>63971673
Nah m8, it was worse even than the last 2 seasons of SG1. They took the slow burn approach to far and then made it ridiculous by still adding and losing members all the time on an isolated ship, plus those communication stones...

Was gonna post my whacko webm but I seem to have lost it. Anyone have it around?
>>
>>63972027
It was a good show, just 2grimdark4u because you're a plen who can't handle characters dying.
>>
>>63970846

INDEED
>>
>>63972129
If they were only dying and actually facing survival that would have been better. Instead the ship is constantly keeping them well supplied and new mother fuckers find their way on board seemingly every 3 or 4 episodes. I did not stick around for season 2 however... 1 was just that bad to me.
>>
>>63971673
It was terribly mishandled, misjudged its audience and poorly paced and I say it as a fan.

I'm sad that it didn't work out but I can't blame people for not sticking around.

>>63972027
Were last 2 seasons of SG1 really bad? My one complaint that Ori were overpowered that killed the sensible conflict, but I still think it was mostly OK.
>>
>>63972249
I think you should try season 2. It's got more interesting and better paced.
>>
>>63972129
>Episode 1
>Our cocky hero is revealed to have been an aspiring priest whose mentor drank himself to death over the lad's gf claiming to get an abortion despite his best efforts to convince her otherwise
>He then joins the air force instead because #yolo

>A few episodes later
>lol she didn't really abort

Also the stones were a horrible plot device, these people were literally flung to the other side of the universe and yet they still call home to ensconce themselves in the problems they've otherwise left behind.
>>
>>63972027
>>63972268
The Ori's power level was high but that was necessary to keep the stakes high after seasons of Earth gaining more and more technical competence to fight the gould and replicators. The worse characters were the Lucian Alliance, drug trafficking mobsters that came out of nowhere to take over gould technology and give SG-1 a half dozen nonsensical plots. Then they show up in Universe.
>>
General Briggs did nothing wrong.
>>
>>63972249
>new mother fuckers find their way on board
Been awhile since I've seen it but the only new additions to the ship that I recall came from a specific incident in S2 that a) made sense, b) advanced the plot, and c) was entertaining. The only other "new" characters were people visiting with the stones.
>>
>>63972268
I thought it had run out of steam by then big time, and it was clearly worse than anything in SGA or prior SG1. I did manage to watch them all once though without really outright disliking them... not sure Id watch again however.
>>
>>63972310
>paying any attention to Brian Smith's Chad character
>as if he has any purpose other than being Chloe's stuntcock/bull
>>
>>63972268
>misjudged its audience
This was it's biggest mistake. It wasn't the relationship "drama" that ruined it for people though it was just the sex. Stargate was pretty asexual like Star Trek, it existed in the universe but was never shown, and then like Trek when a series dares to go there it's instantly panned. For an audience of permavirgins it can be alienating.
>>
>>63972425
I liked Lucian Allience idea. They didn't have much depth, but I like the idea of someone just picking up all this garbage. Evil SGC in a sense.
>>
>>63972310
The Stones weren't that bad, they got a lot of good story elements out of them and it's not a huge stretch to think that the Ancients, who were capable of interstellar, intergalatic, and trans-universal travel, would have devised a form of communication over cosmic distances.
>>
>>63972506
Do you want to go down the list?

>Discount Jonah Hill
>drops out of MIT because his mom's got AIDS
>proceeds to be a jobless NEET burden to her
>gets swooped up into the project because video games are really secret program aptitude tests, wink wink
>proceeds to be friendzoned where no man's been friendzoned before
>>
>>63972597
The stones hark back to SG1 it's just they finally figured how to turn them off.
>>
File: 0017-1378748969213.jpg (65 KB, 340x366) Image search: [Google]
0017-1378748969213.jpg
65 KB, 340x366
SG-1 > Atlantis > SGU

fite me
>>
>>63972526
I would have rather a plot with the SGC trying to establish its own order in the galaxy, alongside the free jaffa. These guys just popped up, Vala introduces and explains them in under ten seconds after 7 or 8 years of no sign of them.
>>
>>63972694
I think it was pretty accepted ranking.

I came to resent Atlantis squandering its unique potential over the years.
>>
>Stargate episode
>"Have you ever seen the rain?" starts playing
>>
>>63972597
>>63972672
I'm not saying the stones were a stretch, sci-fi magic aside, as a hypothetical tech they made more sense in Universe than anytime we saw them in SG-1 or SGA. I'm saying the plotlines of them constantly going home, in other people's bodies no less, opened itself to more drama that didn't really add to the plot of the show or develop the characters beyond "so troubled, so sad."
>>
>>63972604
>Discount Jonah Hill
>drops out of MIT because his mom's got AIDS
>proceeds to be a jobless NEET burden to her
>proceeds to be friendzoned where no man's been friendzoned before
Literally the perfect fan-insert for a science fiction show, I don't see a problem here.

>gets swooped up into the project because video games are really secret program aptitude tests, wink wink
Uh, you know stuff like that has actually happened before, right? Before digital encryption, intelligence agencies used crosswords and cryptography puzzles masquerading as contests to find recruits. And the CIA used to have its own board game.
>>
>>63972717
All of them did. Needed bigger budget and more extreme ideas.

SGU could have pulled it off, but it got bogged down into social justice issues and pointless drama.
>>
>>63972980
SG1 was way more SJW than SGU desu.
>>
>>63972980
Nah, I'm not talking about issues, it seemed like they are going to survive on their own and rely on local allies for resources, but it was all out of the window in the season 2.
>>
>>63972831
>Literally the perfect fan-insert for a science fiction show
When you hate your fans and want to rub their noses in their own shit, sure.

>Uh, you know stuff like that has actually happened before, right?
Yes I know early in the history of our cryptography-focused agencies they made use of broad talent searches like this. That didn't make "we inserted a secret alien code we can't break into this vidya, but we can totally tell you broke it" any more believable. The real spy chiefs knew what the solution to their encryption puzzles were.

Let us proceed:
>Meth-head space marine
>bugging out like a meth-head in withdrawl
>paranoid and hostile to everyone around him, like a meth-head
>hangs himself
>Video suicide note: "I just can't hang. I'm a meth-head."
>DARE logo fades in
>>
>>63973011
Shut up Daniel
>>
File: wacko!.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
wacko!.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>63972027
>>
>>63973011
Nah, it was light-hearted and quirky, but it never devoted entire episodes to issues with disabled people or \lesbians, except one of the first episodes with Carter and the horse tribe with muuh feminism.

I think the creators learned their lesson then.

>>63973042
Ah, gotcha. Yup, I was looking forward to them being utterly alone.

>season 5 finale
>a rare event allows them to establish radio contact with Earth
>they have been flung 50 000 years into the future
>>
>Hammond of Texas
>>
>>63973065
>That didn't make "we inserted a secret alien code we can't break into this vidya, but we can totally tell you broke it" any more believable. The real spy chiefs knew what the solution to their encryption puzzles were.
Rush knew all along what they were getting into even while he was pretending to be a surprised as everyone else. Not a stretch to think that he just needed an unwitting accomplice to help him with the legwork.

>Let us proceed:
>>Meth-head space marine
>>bugging out like a meth-head in withdrawl
>>paranoid and hostile to everyone around him, like a meth-head
>>hangs himself
You're seriously mad at the show over a character who an hero'd in like ep.2 and was never seen again?

>>Video suicide note: "I just can't hang. I'm a meth-head."
>>DARE logo fades in
This isn't how I remember it and seems a little self-revelatory desu.
>>
>>63973159
Thanks m8. Truly the best episode
>>
>>63973210
;_;

>tfw they revealed the name of the latest Daedalus class ship
>>
>>63973163
But there was WAY more than 1 episode worth of subtle SJ memery in SG1. They literally used the line "Just because my sex organs are on the inside instead of the outside..." like 5 fucking times.
>>
>>63973292
It was tongue in cheek most times and was not the main plot point in those episodes, just throw away lines.

SGU went full tumblr
>>
>>63973292
After the first time they realized how stupid it sounded, and only used in self-parodies.
>>
>>63973292
the first time they meant it

they even went back when they did the alternate timeline episode to say how stupid it was.

after season 1, they nailed what they wanted the show to be and kept it all the way though
>>
>>63973227
>You're seriously mad at the show over a character who an hero'd in like ep.2 and was never seen again?
It's just one item on my list.
>This isn't how I remember it and seems a little self-revelatory desu.
Yes it was obvious. They made it a big reveal anyway.

To continue:
>Colonel whatshisname
>workaholic
>self-trapped in a failing marriage
>has an affair with a hot doctor he works with
>gets blown to the other side of the universe with his gf
>never has to see his wife again
>can only go home in someone else's body
>now wants to reconcile with a wife he's many quadrillions of miles away from
>drops the sexy girl he's actually physically around
>she's carrying his child all along, lol
>another man gets an instant of fucking his wife because lol spotty reception
>he literlaly just cucked himself for a second
>gf doesn't even want anything to do with him any more
>>
>>63973391
Aside form that one episode how? The overall show is distinctly anti-tumblr.
>>
>>63973456
So basically you're mad that his character isn't a weak imitation of Han Solo spouting enough terrible one-liners to rival David Caruso?
>>
>>63973467
We had whole episodes dedicated to invalids, lesbians and my favourite - abortion and "her body, her choice" issues
>>
>>63973575
I'm not him, and I don't even hate SGU but it was absurd how all those people were even selected.
>>
>>63973578
>whole episodes dedicated to invalids, lesbians
This was literally one episode.

>and my favourite - abortion and "her body, her choice" issues
When? I recall there being a plot point about abortion, but I don't recall there being ANY moralistic discussion about it.
>>
>>63973575
I'm mad his character's a fucking idiot.

Moving on:
>Dr Rush (if that is your real name you foreign sounding fuck)
>college nerd
>only your nerdery can solve this problem for us
>goes full beautiful mind trying to solve this complex math problem
>his wife gets untreatable terminal cancer
>"It's ok hunny, I know you're a fucking autist"
>he throws himself more and more into solving this math problem
>wife dies, lol
>he finally solves the problem
>goes on to be Data the dick to everyone on the ship
>>
SG1
>go to planet, explore ancient ruins, fight with the bad guys, usually end up saving the day
>lighthearted at times, serious at others

SGA
>similar to SG1 but with a different cast and new enemies

SGU
>Lou Diamond Phillips is cucking me with my ex wife in the body of another man
>meanwhile my new girlfriend is doomed to die a slow humiliating death due to Lou Gehrigs disease

why? why do this?
>>
>>63973762
A riddle for ages. They had some nice adventures by the end of season 2. It's a shame that they got cancelled just as they started getting good.
>>
>>63973740
lol, you're such a massive plen. That wasn't a flashback, that was a mashup of his memories and emotions. It wasn't depicting events as they actually occurred. And he didn't seem to care about his wife because he was lucid dreaming and knew she had already died in reality, and the problem he was working on was how to resurrect her, that was the entire point of the journey. No wonder the show was so far over your head, go back to your TFA thread, kid.
>>
>>63973762
>why? why do this?
SG-1 was criticized by serious art students for being the characters being too moral and the plots ending in victory too often. It was too much of the optimistic 90s and not enough of the sullen and willfully edgy 00s.
The producers wrote SGU attempting to go hard in the other direction, with a little BSG thrown in. They put together a cast of characters consisting of the damaged, the pathetic, the tragic and the neurotic. Then they put them in situations they had no real control over and had to get through almost exclusively thanks to lucky breaks, and often at the costs of a handful of lives. If there was something unrealistic about a screened, selected and trained group being elite at what they do, then we have to wonder how the system broke down so hard and put together most fractured shells of people together on this one planet just at the right moment to make the exploration of distant galaxies accidentally count on them.
>>
>>63973762
Pretty much this >>63973858
You can only watch so much of the same SG1/SGA/Star Trek formula, it was necessary for SGU to break from that and focus on characters that were more multifaceted. It literally got cancelled right as it was getting really fucking interesting. Wish they could at least crowdfund a movie to wrap it up.
>>
>>63974067
I can partially explain this with assumption that Icarus was a dumping ground for personnel accepting whom turned out to be a mistake.
>>
>>63973950
>That wasn't a flashback, that was a mashup of his memories and emotions.
And many of them in fact were memories. So you think he didn't actually work through her dying of cancer? He just punched the clock like normal, teaching College Algebra 1 & 2, taking time off to drive his wife to the hospital and putting this secret government project on the backburner?
>>
>>63974067
so i.e. the actors sucked?
>>
>>63974137
I think they'd probably just send them back to one of the actual earth-based wars we were fighting or something.
>>
>>63974205
The plot and characters sucked. The actors may have been OK, there's no way to tell through such shitty writing.
>>
>>63974067
>It was too much of the optimistic 90s and not enough of the sullen and willfully edgy 00s.
You have your decades mixed up. For television, the 90s were sullen and willfully edgy. The mass release of classified Cold War documents made people around the world fucking terrified and distrustful of their governments. All of the popular shows and movies of the 90s have anarchistic, anti-government angles that were basically unheard of before (X-Files, Twin Peaks, Babylon 5, Roswell, DS9, etc; hell, the original Stargate movie), including references to and premises based on actual conspiracy theories. The late 90s/early 00s was when people started harkening back to nostalgic fare like SG1.
>>
>>63974181
I don't know, we don't have a clear timeline, but the whole point of all of his work was to use the knowledge he'd uncovered to resurrect her, and in doing so, uncover the key to utopia/the end of all human suffering. For a practical/non-sentimental person, that is a totally feasible bargain.
>>
>>63974218
I figure they just didn't want them to go to complete waste, so they put them on backwater base on a project that likely won't succeed.
>>
File: tealc.jpg (11 KB, 472x432) Image search: [Google]
tealc.jpg
11 KB, 472x432
>it's a teal'c wants to learn about earth culture episode
>>
>>63974314
lol no, the 90s were the greatest economic and financial boom since the 50s, the cold war left America without enemies and technology was going to save us all. The inflection point was september 11th, after which the storytelling more focused on showing "yes he escaped that explosion, but all his ribs are broken". It's much easier to see the difference in movies but in TV too. I mean the difference between SG-1 and SGU itself is a fine example.
As for the X-Files and Babylon 5, those are more easily ascribed to the same conspiracy-minded current that's always lived in our culture. B5's plotlines were openly lifted right out of 1984. The X-Files grew out of a long held belief that the government was suppressing information about UFOs, more or less starting with Roswell.
The X-Files died because it was much harder to do a story with elements of the government as the bad guys in the time directly following 911, where Bush could have told the country to jump off a cliff and anyone thin enough to make the walk would have.
>>
>>63974525
>it's a 'hey, did you guys notice that Teal'c and Ronin are the exact same character?' episode
>>
>>63974614
>it's "teal'ç, what's with the hair?" episode
>>
>>63974614
It's Ronon.
For some reason this particular misspelling always triggers me.
>>
>>63974591
>lol no, the 90s were the greatest economic and financial boom since the 50s, the cold war left America without enemies and technology was going to save us all.
That was only after the internet became big, you obviously don't remember what it was like before then. There was MUCH more of that in the 00s than the 90s.

>As for the X-Files and Babylon 5, those are more easily ascribed to the same conspiracy-minded current that's always lived in our culture.
As for the rest of the popular TV shows and movies of that era?

>The X-Files died because it was much harder to do a story with elements of the government as the bad guys in the time directly following 911,
Hence, my point. 9/11 was part of the transition BACK to governments being seen more as saviors. To use one example, the X-Files dealt with government conspiracies to conceal UFOs/existence of ETs, deploy horrific weapons against enemies and citizens alike, and assassinate holders of high office (a la JFK). There was no corresponding early 00s show about the government staging a massive terrorist attack in order to justify the expansion of the police state. How do you think that would have played? Hell, even the major Hollywood release with the deepest anarchistic themes between 9/11 and 2008 (V for Vendetta), was careful to point out that its fictional totalitarian government arose out a genuine crisis.
>>
File: tealc ronon.jpg (54 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
tealc ronon.jpg
54 KB, 640x360
>>63974614
>teal'c is a loveable lug who doesn't understand earth culture and tries to keep a sense of justice and be a good guy
>"Chicago, the windy city, home of the blackhawks, the bulls, the white sox."

>ronon is a badass who doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself save for a few moments, doesn't care about culture, and is made of snappy one-liners
>"I was just gonna blow it up."
>>
>>63974614
more like teal'c and teyla are the same character
>>
File: images(6).jpg (4 KB, 346x145) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
4 KB, 346x145
So are we really gonna go back to these guys using humans for hosts?
>>
>>63975379

this desu senpai
>>
>>63975379
More like Shepard and O'Neill are the same character.
>>
>>63975637
true as well
>>
File: 1443158242659.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1443158242659.gif
1 MB, 268x274
My only problem with SGU was the total sudden ineptitude of the stargate program.

Lets make this super volatile base and have a daedalus class warship in orbit, however no long range sensors to monitor nearby Lucian Alliance ships. What the absolute fuck, this technology was pivotal in Atlantis, but we had to get the people on the ship apparently.
Same thing with the terrorist attempts, 10 years war with the goauld and the Ori, however neither tried to incapacitate the governments/stargate program with cloaked bombs and TLA only tried it once and just gave up after it didn't work out.
Also Chadteunant Matt's character was super flat and Chloe had no discernible reason to be into him .

Oh and heres this kid solved some math puzzle good job now lets you get to our super secret base for no reason what so ever
>>
File: oneill.jpg (10 KB, 506x285) Image search: [Google]
oneill.jpg
10 KB, 506x285
>it's the episode about o'neill's dead son
>mfw some people don't like this episode
>>
>>63975738
math puzzle in a stargate video game, don't forget that part
>>
>>63974525
>it's a Teal'c eating donuts episode
>>
File: 1422325921549.jpg (27 KB, 458x345) Image search: [Google]
1422325921549.jpg
27 KB, 458x345
>>63975796
>mfw we will never get a stargate vidya
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 176x217) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 176x217
>>63975796
I'm down for the video game part that's fine, just look at the amount of autism oozing from /v/.
They just had no reason to have the kid go physically to the base, oh and don't get me started, lets take the senator to our secret off-world base, oh you want to take your daughter with you, that makes perfect sense, go right ahead.
>>
>>63975738
>My only problem with SGU was the total sudden ineptitude of the stargate program.

By that time wasn't it mostly ran by the IOA?
>>
>>63975890
>tfw the cheyanne mountain curse
>that third person shooter
>fucking stargate MMO that never left beta

You can still find traces of the MMO. I think there is a torrent lurking on some old stargate fourm. I tried to get it to work, but couldn't figure all that shit out.

>>63975912
Yeah how else could they have gotten a melodramatic girl on the ship?
>>
>>63975890
>there will never be a modestly-rendered free2play Stargate FPS called "Foothold" where one team of SG operators with access to both human firearms and some of the alien weapons seen in the show, must defend the Cheyenne Mountain base against waves of invaders of all kinds of hostile races
>>
>>63976105
Source engine when?
>>
>>63976069
I played the beta back when it was happening. Buggy as shit but I was just so happy to be playing a stargate game and shooting people with a jaffa staff
>>
>>63970846
HOL UP
*nukes Abydos*
I SAY HOL UP
*fires Death Glider cannons*
U SAYIN WE SUM FINNA
*Yee-haws*
WE SUM FINNA
*U AVA GOES*
GOOLDS 'N' SHEEEIT?
>>
>>63976105
I'd throw some money at a kickstarter (much as I'm loathe to) for this.
>>
File: 1430027133542.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1430027133542.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>63976025
I mean sure, the retarded politics started at the end of SG1 and SGA, without merit, not sure where they were going with that.
Still the Icarus program wouldn't be something the IOA would be on board with, oh hey lets yolo the 9th chevron, we need 3 billion dollars to build a base on a planet that can blow any minute.
>>
>>63976105
Nah man, X-Com total conversion when?
>>
>>63976247
>jaffa ever hitting anything
>ori ever hitting anything

the only ones that would make sense are the replicators, and the wraith, but they only stun you and if you fail the mission, a few missions later the guys there were lost are working for the wraith as worshipers. the only time that they can actually kill you is if they run up and start life sucking you, which would be a custom unit
>>
>>63976208
there is a current kickstarter campaign for an SGA comic continuation

looks like it will be funded
>>
>>63976247
Stargate has a pretty great homeworld mod
>>
File: 1447578534320.webm (163 KB, 700x480) Image search: [Google]
1447578534320.webm
163 KB, 700x480
>It's a Stargate Thread again
>>
I hope someone does a comprehensive XCOM 2 mod to overhaul it to have a Stargate theme.
>>
File: rains.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rains.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
>>63976744
>it's another webm from groundhog day
>>
>>63976223
Nah, IOA was like the NID and they were all about acquiring new tech, aside from wherever the ninth chevron went, there was definitely going to be interest in learning how to properly tap a naquadria core planet.
>>
>>63976105
>player class: anthropologist
>firearm skill: 0.5/10
>melee skill: 0.5/10
>diplomacy/surrendering/racemixing with aliens skill: 10/10
>special power: ascends to plane of existence at which he no longer concerns himself with the petty squabbles of mere corporeal beings

>player class: chairforce
>melee skill: 0.5/10
>stealth skill: -2/10
>mouthing off to her captor after getting caught (yet again) skill: 8.5/10
>special power: demands equal treatment, paradoxically emphasizing her biological inequality, thereby producing increased altruism in male squadmates and weakening attacks against her by male enemies
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.