[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say that tomorrow the entire prequel trilogy and the Clone Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Say that tomorrow the entire prequel trilogy and the Clone Wars cartoon were scrubbed from canon and you were charged with re-writing the prequels from the ground up.

How would you write it? Bearing in mind this is your opportunity to prevent the "he was a good friend" meme ever being born.
>>
I wouldn't change a thing.
The prequels should remain as they are for their meme value alone.
>>
>>63966876

Would you not rather they lose their meme value to be proper enjoyable films?
>>
everyones a sith lord.
>>
>>63966829
he's so fucking qt
>>
Get the guys who made The Clone Wars to remake the prequels. They did a great job with those characters and that story so I trust them.
>>
>>63966829

I'd make a glib facsimile of A New Hope.

Anakin is now Antoine a young trans black orphan on the desert planet of Tatooine. The chick from Orange is the New Black plays him.

Make Qui Gon Asian because he sounds Asian already. Use that guy from the original star trek.

Recast Portman with meme actress JLAW for maximum reddit gold.

Keep Jar Jar in but cast Adam Driver so you don't have to go too far with the CGI.

We can get Idris Elba to play Obi Wan.
>>
Dialogue overhaul.

No Jar Jar.

Less desert planet.

More emphasis on the temptations of the powers of the dark side instead of >muh loved ones. Anakin thinking he could master both and bringing balance that way, but ultimately going full dark side because he aims too high.

Anakin actually using the dark side to take down a few Jedi, but keep order 66.

Make Cunt Sudoku more relevant, perhaps give him a minor episode 1 role where he is still with the order but something is implied to be off about him, before being relevant and full blown villain most of the second movie. He still gets killed off early on in the third.

More Sheev manipulation.
>>
>No Jar Jar
>Clone Wars aren't fucking Droid Wars
>Dracula is the main villain through all three
>Senate shit at the fucking minimum
>No Jedi academy
>Anakin isn't a kid in the first one
>Anakin isn't a whining faggot who gets tricked to the dark side, but rather gets more dark in order to stop the war, only to succumb to the dark side for good
>War starts in Episode I
>No Yoda with the lightsaber, and use him as little as possible in order to keep his character more mystical and shit

I could go on and on. Not to mention all of the POETRY and all that.
>>
>>63968315
Lame as fuck s͏m͏h t͏͏b͏͏h f͏͏a͏͏m
>>
>>63967000
>to be proper enjoyable films?
"proper" like TFA?
I'll pass. I'd rather have some of george's crazy space opera than JJ's bland grabage.
>>
>>63967917

The final push for Anakin to the dark side being the possibility of saving Padme actually made sense

if you've ever seen how guys act when they fall into strong love with a bitch, cutting off all their friends and acting like she's his universe
>>
>>63968442
no your wrong he was a good friend.
>>
>>63966829

The only change I would make is to cast Jake Lloyd in all 3 films, thus preventing him from being a homicidal maniac that he has transformed to in real life. Those Jake and Natilee love scenes... He WAS the chosen one!
>>
The first movie starts when Anakin is like 20, he leaves his pregnant wife Padme to take a high value job hauling Spice but gets roped into tensions between the rebublic and the trade federation.

Instead of using dollarstore droids, the trade federation employs a vast army of clones for their menial labor and security. The clones are in rebellion and no longer able to be controlled by their corporate masters.

The Rebuplic has requested the aid of the Jedi Council, but they are hesitant to intervene on behalf of either side. Master Obi Wan is sent as an envoy to the Rebuplic, and Darth-whoever is sent to the TF.

Along the way, Obi Wan takes notice of Anakin's remarkable piloting skills. Upon getting to know him further, Anakin reveals he is somewhat familiar with the Force and is encouraged by Kenobi to sharpen his skills.

The duo ultimately decide the Republic's cause is more just and join their side. Obi Wan is given the rank of general.

Darth-badguy has done the same and taken a splinter faction of Jedi to fight for the TF. However, it is eventually revealed he has no interest in quelling the uprising and wants to take control.

Yadda Yadda, epic space battles, the war changes Anakin into a cold blooded killer, even though the Rebuplic (now the newly formed Empire) wins the war, Anakin embraces Darth antagonist's philosophy, betrays the Jedi and joins Sheev at the throne.

Appearing: Anakin Starkiller, Obi Wan, Sheev, Padme (although just a peasant farm girl), Yoda, a young Lars family, Boba Fett as a mercenary playing both sides for credits

Not fucking appearing: R2, 3P0, Jabba, Jar Jar, Chewie, Count Dooku, any other stupid prequel characters or OT characters that don't belong
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 194x259
Take out Jar Jar and that's it. The prequels tell a beautiful story about love and seduction to the dark side.

They're great films and I don't understand why people dislike them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.