[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were these series all successes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: three.jpg (575 KB, 1276x1788) Image search: [Google]
three.jpg
575 KB, 1276x1788
Why were these series all successes?
>>
>>63963792
right place at the right time
>>
>>63963792
because they're easily digested by the dumb masses
>>
>>63963792
because they actually had a thought plot
>>
juice
>>
>>63963792
Likable characters living in an interesting world striving towards a goal the audience can root for.
>>
>>63963792

Ask what is the common factor described in that image alone and you will have your answer.
>>
>>63963837
pretty much this. im stupid and i liked them all.
QED
>>
>>63963792
Because they are good.
>>
>>63963995
Does Chewie count as ethnic?
>>
>comparing Lord of The Rings and OT Star Wars to Harry potter
JKRowlingIsAnShitAuthorCopypasta.txt
>>
>>63963988
>Likable characters
>Harry Potter
>>
>>63963792
>Putting Professor Tolkien's life work on the same level as toy commercials and flavor of the month YA shit
>>
>>63963792
monomyth
>>
File: luna.jpg (489 KB, 2487x1500) Image search: [Google]
luna.jpg
489 KB, 2487x1500
>>63964097

It had plenty. Harry just wasn't one of them.
>>
>>63963792
simple, fun stories with likeable characters and wacky creatures
>>
>>63964349
Ok I'll give you Luna, but the main trio was insufferable, Dumbledore (especially Gambon) annoying as fuck, Voldemort was a one-dimensional villain, Draco a little bitch, Ginny a roastie and Snape a huge pathetic cuck.
>>
>>63963837
LotR actually isn't that easily digested, people often have issues going through Fallasleep
>>
>>63963792
creates a world you can lose yourself in. Also likeable and/or interesting characters and theres a certain mystery surroinding everything
>>
>>63964301
>posting this on /tv/
>ah yes, the famous screenwriter tolkien, who got his wish fulfilled to write for a cheesy fantasy flick
>>
all white main characters
>>
>>63964301
I was about to post something like this, but at the same time they're widely regarded as children's novels, and Middle-earth is just a setting for linguistic autism to take place.

I agree with you though, LotR should be a at least a tier above the others, if only for all dem oscars.
>>
The plot for all of them is the monomyth/hero's journey.

That's it. This story will never get old.
>>
The Brits come up with some good shit
>>
>>63963792
Relatable characters
>>
>>63963792
White people.
>>
>>63963792
Really simple mythology.
>>
>haven't need LotR
>Starwars had advanced visuals for its time, also good acting and plot
>Harry Potter books were really well thought out, and were successful, and therefore the movies were a decent adaption that had more popularity than the books because WHO LIKES TO READ AMIRIGHT
>>
>>63963792
They were White
>>
>>63964434
Tbh Draco had the most drastic story arc of any of the characters.
he was the best young actor in the series
>>
THEY WERE FUN
>>
Simplest plots. The journey, the stranger, and boy becomes man
>>
>>63966459
>LotR
Peter Jackson, New Zealand
>Star Wars
George Lucas, USA
>Harry Potter
Chris Columbus, USA
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.