[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we agree that while TFA wasn't THAT great, it felt more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 14
File: lucas-revenge-of-the-sith.jpg (183 KB, 1536x1021) Image search: [Google]
lucas-revenge-of-the-sith.jpg
183 KB, 1536x1021
Can we agree that while TFA wasn't THAT great, it felt more like Star Wars than the prequels?

Prequels had:

>boring politics and trade shit
>jedi were overpowered in episodes one and two
>no grungy stuff
>all the lightsaber battles felt different
>romance story
etc.

TFA is better than all three because it felt a lot more like the OT.
>>
File: latest.jpg (1 MB, 2560x2048) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
1 MB, 2560x2048
Also the new characters feel a lot more Star Wars than this guy
>>
Well yeah, because it's a remake of A New Hope.
>>
Kylo Ren actually had some depth to his character, but maybe it just seems that way because everyone else was so empty.
>>
>>63963452

>no grungy stuff

Kind of a misattributed facet of the OT's charm if you ask me. It had a lot of grit, yes, but that was in service to the impression that the places and things were contained within a world that people actually lived in, which is the actual aspect that the prequels completely lacked. Grunge is a means to this end, but it's not the essence of it.
>>
>>63963611
Abrams has too clean of a style, hopefully the other directors grunge it up.
>>
>>63963611
>>63963452
Idea was to contrast the brighter days of the Republic with the darker times of the Empire. Besides, still had dingy shit on places like Tatooine, Utapau or Geonosis.
>>
>>63963452
At least they didn't have cringeworth hollywood humour.
>>
I liked how there wasn't a single decent shot in the prequel trilogy. At any point.

You'd think in 6 hours of material, there'd be a shot that was decent at least on accident. But there's nothing.

Then TFA spends basically every moment trying to be as pretty as possible at all times.
>>
>>63963959
Yea, instead they had cringey autistic humor. you can imagine george barely containing himself every time jarjar was on screen.
>>
Fuck no. If anything, it felt like a by the numbers Marvel movie.
>>
No we cant. TFA feels like fanfiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MkIjG4vJLk
>>
>>63963992
Oh god I nearly forgot that thing existed.
Well, I guess they kept it in one place at least.
The new one had every character drop some "cool" line whenever faced with mortal danger.

Only worked for Han Solo really.
>>
>>63963503
This.

JJ has no ability to create his own story even in an established universe. Just another jew that copied his homework all through film school
>>
>>63964049
George attempted to have the characters quip in clone wars and rots as well.

For instance, "i hate when he does that." A lot of what people think is just shitty dialogue was actually George trying to be funny. Then what people maymay'd, were george trying to be super serious.
>>
>>63963452
>it felt more like Star Wars than the prequels
because the plot and some characters were reused. Everything it tried to do on its own was awful.
>>
>>63964167
It also nailed the visual aesthetic and general tone. Something the prequels couldn't even come close to doing at any point.
>>
No. This is /b/. Fuck you Disney schill.
>>
>>63963959
"Meesa called Jar Jar Binks!"

"Now THIS is podracing!"

"Rodger Rodger!"
>>
>>63964194
The prequels tone and style let George actually show off the SW universe before it all went to shit and it was just a band of rebels fighting on backwater and straight up deserted planets. I'll take that to going back to the former for no fucking reason other than to rehash anh.
>>
>>63964033
>That voice

I'm still waiting for him to yell for his mommy to bring him his tendies.
>>
>>63964255
Only the first one.
And it's not even Hollywood, just general retardation.
>>
>>63963562

I like what they were aiming for with his character, but I don't think it was executed well.

Why doesn't he know that his grandfather was a dumbass? Why did he betray his mother, father, and uncle so readily? For what reason does he need additional power? Why does he support the New Order? What is he trying to accomplish? Maybe some of those questions will be answered in Episode VIII and IX, but he seems villainous for the sake of being a villain.

I thought Han's death was poorly executed as well. They should have had him die more organically by saving Rey and Finn from Ren in the forest, buying them time to escape, instead of the awkward catwalk and planet fissure scene.
>>
>>63964316
Except he didn't do that. Part of TPM is spent on a beatific green planet (of which there are no good shots) and then the rest spent on tatooine (which there are no good shots), for literal fucking reasons. It was a half-assed duplicate of how ANH went from space, to tatooine, to space, to dantooine, to space.

Attack of the clones spent a lot of time on other planets, but, again, it was all muddled CGI. But, even then, it was still heavily knocked off of empire. As corasant was was basically the same aesthetic as cloud city, especially after the special edition. Then the second desert planet was as basically the polar opposite of dagobah, which was clearly lucas trying (and failing) to get away from the OT.

So fuck your prequel apologitics. Lucas did the exact same shit, except he did it worse.
>>
>>63964681
>Why doesn't he know that his grandfather was a dumbass?

Because we don't know that either anymore. Because the prequels aren't canon.
>>
V > IV >>>> VI > III >>>> VII > I > II

Objectively.
>>
>>63964834
III is only tolerable if you're an ebin memester.
>>
>>63963452
It might look like OT, but only because they copied everything from it without any creativity. Prequels were original movies that took place in a different time period before the empire turned everything to shit.
>>
>>63964760
>prequels aren't canon
Cool meme, Ahmed. You want to bring it over to reddit? We should inspire more kids like you to like memes. It's what makes the Internet great.
>>
>>63964694
> no good shots of Theed
> implying TPM Tatooine isnt much more vibrant and full of life than OT Tatooine
> coruscant, a giant city planet, was basically the same as a couple of pods in clouds

Nah. Just stop faggot. Theres plenty of reasons to hate the prequels, mostly with dialouge and haydens acting, but the locations were better than anything done elsewhere in SW
>>
>The prequels suck ass

Everyone who says that watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

TFA had no real memorable scenes unlike the Prequel movies
>>
>>63963452
OT and to a larger extend the prequels use a lot of theatre play and silent movie techniques to portray emotion.
For example, most of the sets are big like in a theatre stage and you have the characters pacing around dramatically and using the space available to them unlike TFA which has a very different cinematographic personality.

People who say TFA is more similar to the OT are idiots that can't see past the superficial obvious shit.
>>
>>63965042
You're welcome to prove me wrong with some sort of visible proof of lucas' cinematography.
>>
>>63965078
I remember the prequels. That doesn't mean they were good.
>>
>>63965078
>2 minutes excuses six hours of shit
no
>>
>>63963452
>Star Wars story explaining how things got to the way they are in the trilogy you feel is more Star Wars
>better bitch about it for not being Star Wars enough
They obviously weren't as good but come on, you're just being autistic.
>>
>>63965096

PT neither looks nor feels like Star Wars
NT sort of looks like Star Wars, but thanks to the cinematography it doesn't feel like it.
>>
>>63965263
literally autism the post
>>
>>63965267
Its an inarguable fact the franchise got worse the more creative control lucas was able to get.
>>
>>63964694
Except everything you said there was just pulled out of your ass and blatantly false
>>
>>63965348
Nope.
>>
>>63963452
sup reddit
>>
>>63965272
>NT sort of looks like Star Wars, but thanks to the [WAY IT LOOKS] it doesn't feel like it.
what
>>
>>63963452
Speak for yourself. I thought it was an exhilarating serious turn for the series
>>
>>63965297
That's not what I'm arguing, the fact that autists seem to think they know what's more Star Wars than the guy who created it is what I take issue with.
>>
>>63963452
Lucas pretty much shit all over his OT with the PT. Did we really need or care about Vader and Obi Wan's back story, what the force is, how the Empire was formed, etc.? He removed any mysticism and intrigue, debased Vader into some whiney Emo-esque faggot and offered an embarrassingly hackneyed concept into Luke and Leia, which was a load of illogical nonsense.
>>
>>63965363
In what way did Coruscant look like Cloud City? Remember all that time we spent on Dantooine in ANH that's comparable to the time spent on Naboo in TPM? Stop being retarded or try to make your point coherently, because what you said is blatantly false.
>>
Too many sw threads so I'll ask on this one

I thought bb8 was supposed to be a "female robot"?
Referred to as he or it for the whole film.
Hardly in the second half.
Literally merchandising
Fuckwits literally falling for the "sassy female robot" shit and saying how "cute" it is
>>
>>63965460
So you're seriously trying to argue for mysticism and the force on one hand but arguing about shit being illogical on the other? Pick one.
>>
>>63965417
Considering the franchise was only successful thanks to the skill and lack of creative control of it's creator, and how terrible it got once the creator had full creative control again, yes, it has been proven beyond the shadow of any doubt that other people know what star was is better than george lucas.
>>
>>63965475
>in what way did a shining city planet look like a shining city

its a goddamn mystery
>>
>>63965568
Skill of people other than the creator, that is.
>>
>>63965534
>i can't into reading comprehension

No, you fucking cretin. The Luke/Leia back story was illogical nonsense. The mysticism of the Force/Vader back story etc. was unnecessary and unwanted.
>>
>>63965649
Well, anakin did hate sand. So tatooine would be the last place he looked for luke
>>
>>63964049
That's because Han Solo is a quipping character. In the last couple of decades, Hollywood has forgotten that quipping is not a generic character trait, but something that only charismatic, happy-go-lucky rogues do. So now every character quips no matter what their personality is supposed to be and as a result every character has a "hollywood" plastic-ness to them.

I honestly blame Joss Wedon for popularizing this with buffy and influencing the rest of the hollywood hacks.
>>
>>63965748
What was Sheev's view on sand? Did he just forget about Padme's pregnancy the moment he created Vader?
>>
>>63963452
>>jedi were overpowered in episodes one and two
Sure kid whatever, don't forget the hundred that died fighting those robots.
>>
I didn't like that it had three young and confused characters instead of just one.

A New Hope had Luke who was unsure of his path in life, Leia who knew what she has to do, Han who liked doing things the way he always does it but learns to care about more.

The Force Awakens had Rey with abandonment issues, Finn with PTSD and Kylo Ren with daddy issues.
I groaned and closed my eyes whenever the movie tried to touch those three subjects.

I also didn't like that the new Stormtroopers had more personality instead of being fodder, TR-8R and those two Stormtroppers that walked away while Kylo Ren was wrecking shit as Rey got away, ha ha, so funny.

But yeah it's better than Attack of the Clones.
>>
What a pleb thing to say. The politics of the prequels were great, better then the politics of the OT and the vast majority of blockbusters.
>>
>>63966165
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63965891
Probably kept looking. Kinda hard to find a specific kid in an entire galaxy, and he was slightly occupied consolidating control when they got whisked away
>>
>>63966099
There was also too much exposition on oneshot characters, when Rey talked to BB-8 about that dude that tried to net BB-8, then Rey and Han complaints about that seller dude.
>>
>>63965891
what do you mean they shoved sand in her to make everyone think she was still pregnant.
>>
>>63966250
And the characters felt too nice to each other, Finn and Poe "that was cool, that was awesome" Finn and Rey "that was lucky, that was awesome".

How many times did Finn scream out "Rey!" in the movie?
>>
>>63966099
They had to split roles between several characters because they had to meet the diversity quota imposed by Disney.
>>
>>63966195
George, pls.
>>
>>63963562
Depth my asshole, fuck you. There were no reasons given as to why he as such an emo pussy constantly having tantrums.

And you guys thought Anakin was a bitch? Fuck all of you. At least he was a badass fighter. Kylo was getting beat by kids who barely picked up light sabers for the first time.

These new movies are already confirmed for garbage and a disgrace to the real Star Wars.
>>
File: 1450670783646.jpg (131 KB, 485x458) Image search: [Google]
1450670783646.jpg
131 KB, 485x458
>>63966099
>he didn't like TR-8R
Mark of the pleb
>>
>>63965598
>dark, grey with contrasting neon signs and an almost almost cyberpunk aesthetic to Coruscant
>Cloud City looks like it was designed by people who make tupperware
>ALL CITIES LOOK THE SAME
Stop being retarded and actually watch the movies you talk about
>>
>>63963967
You're obviously a blind faggot.

Compare the last shots of each prequel to the force awakens. Please tell me that you think the newest one is better, so that we can be sure you're a piece of shit plebeian.

I'm legit mad at how anyone can think this new, fake Star Wars is better than any of the real ones.

There was not a single new idea...all rehashes. And not even good ones at that.

The best, most obvious example is bb8. Shit name, shit design, shit sound effects. All recycled material that failed to be even half as good as r2d2. The rest of the movie is the same.

RIP STAR WARS
>>
>>63966420
Confirmed for not having watched the movie. You should probably at least see it before you talk shit
>>
TFA sucked so bad that I walked out after 30 minutes

If you're 0-12 years old and this is your first Star Wars movie, you might think it's the greatest thing ever.

Other than that, you would have to be mentally retarded to think that this is anything but completely unoriginal, 'politically correct' franchise money milking.

They are using a franchise like Star Wars to manipulate your political opinions. And you support this kind of jew agenda?
>>
>>63963452
>jedi were overpowered
>nearly wiped at the arena, would be all dead if it wasnt for based Yoda and Hinds
Nice meme, mr. Hairy Ass Plinkett.
>>
>>63966589
Just so you know, the vast majority of people disagree with you, especially true star wars fans. BB-8 is widely considered on par with R2. And you clearly didn't watch the movie if you think EVERYTHING IS A REHASH XD. Maybe watch it instead of repeating other people's half assed reviews. Get some fucking taste you plebeian
>>
>>63966669
>>63966589
samefag
>>
Funny how the new important black dude in Star Wars is pretty much typical buffoonery from Hollywood. Lucas wouldn't have pulled all that subliminal racist shit.
>>
>>63965829
Hollywood is always plastic. The things you're complaining about are actually forces working against that plasticine stiffness. As for years, writers/directors were afraid to have their antagonists mocked at any point, because they needed their antagonists to be considered complete and total threats to everyone. While the protagonists needed to be inhumanly noble/serious. The problem is that isn't realistic either.

Blaming whedon for this is also a mistake. Because all whedon did was play off a cultural shift that occurred after the end of the cold war. Since we had come out of a period of legitimate threat to all life on earth, nothing else comes close. So these minor villains with their minor goals of, at most, killing (or maybe ruling) a small percent of sentient life just don't compare to mutually assured destruction.

Which is all to say, what you're complaining about is irreverence. And the reason for all the irreverence is the lack of anything in current reality that is worthy of reverence. So anything that attempts to force reverence is to be mocked. Because western life is a joke.
>>
>>63966662
Someone post the last shot of the force awakens.

Please compare it to all the last shots in the prequels.

Shit, JJ wasn't even able to use Williams' music appropriately for that last scene.

All of the last scenes in the prequels are more well done. JJ made Lucas look like fucking Kubrick.

I'm beig compiled serious though. Please compare them, /tv/. The proof is there.
>>
>>63966700
>the jedi are invulnerable until drama requires them to be near destruction

this is call shitty writing.
>>
>>63965515
>orange
>a girl
Pick one
>>
>>63966779
go play in some traffic Mike and Jay.
>>
File: Sheev attack.webm (2 MB, 950x404) Image search: [Google]
Sheev attack.webm
2 MB, 950x404
It's treason then.
>>
>>63966990
One of the twi'leks was orange.
>>
>>63966779
And the vast majority of people hate true Star Wars films. Why the fuck should I care. A fucking ball with designs stolen from r2 is supposed to be the new mascot. Uh yeah ok faggot. Go buy a Disney toy then.
>>
>>63966856
Lucas has two good looking competent black men as royal guards.
>>
>>63966997
Holy fuck this looks so shit
>>
>>63967031
>stolen from R2
>every droid is a unique special snowflake no two are the same
Are you actually autistic?
>>
>>63966997
Shit like this just reminds me how fucking awful the PT was. I reckon if Lucas brought in another script writer and a few directors. The PT could have been half decent.
>>
>>63966971
>a random orphan girl uses Jedi mind tricks without training to escape death
>she defeats a disciple of Luke sky walker her first time picking up a light saber
>>
>>63967088
RLM is done, you can stop parroting them faggot.
>>
>>63967084
This is supposed to be a new movie dumbass. R2's design is like 40 years old. All the Star Wars films had original droid designs. There was nothin new to be seen in disneys 4billion dollar purchase
>>
>>63967160
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63967116
A disciple of Luke Skywalker that had just been shot in the stomach by the bowcaster that was shown BTFOing everything in sight before that. And Rey is overpowered?
>>
The dialogue in the prequels is so bad, and at times doesn't make sense. Every actor seems to really struggle to deliver the lines as well. McGregor and Hershlag can act, but it comes across like a soap. Add in random accents on cgi characters (grevious as well as Jar Jar) and it's just shit.
>>
The prequels at least did something different and TRIED to show stuff that was really interesting but fucked up with CGI
>>
>>63967174
>hurr durr everything looks different than it did 40 years ago
>computer screens that have four corners instead of being circles are rip offs of old designs
>cars with four wheels are rip offs they're not doing anything original fucking havk car companies
This is how retarded you sound :^)
>>
>>63967239
The fuck you going on about. What about Rey's British accent

All Disney had to do was use Lucas' actual storyline. That's it. It's obvious their own direction for the story is just playing it safe along the lines of a reboot.
>>
>>63967174
what's worse is that they used all the discarded rejected concept art to make this shit
>>
>>63967178
that shit hole you came from no thanks
>>
>>63967254
It was more than the CGI that fucked up the prequels.
>>
>>63967269
No, that's how retarded you sound dumbass. Lol. We're talking about characters, design, storyline, you know Star Wars and its properties just being recycled for the marvel moviegoers of 2015
>>
>>63967327
>>>/reddit/

And don't come back, you stupid thick nigger.
>>
>>63967358
>n-n-no ur retarded
Okay
>>
>>63966990
>>63967024
Ashoka or whatever her species is.
>>
>>63967381
>no u

Cool argument. You must be a fan of the new, fake Star Wars. It's cool.
>>
>>63965460
>Did we really need or care about Vader and Obi Wan's back story
obviously or he wouldn't had started at IV
>>
>>63967363
This board is for tearing movies apart like you just came out of film school, it's not for you faggot.
>>
>>63963452
No.
>>
>>63967464
Fuck of back to reddit, no one wants you here, Ty'Rone.
>>
>>63966971
>Quai-Gon is killed
>Anakin and Obi-Wan end up captured
>The other Jedi are overrun and almost butchered in the only scene where all of them are fighting at onse
>Anakin looses his arm
>Obi-Wan gets BTFO - by Duku, in Ep3 and even by Django Fett, disarmed by Greevous, had to use blaster
>Lol jedi are invulnerable prequels are shit amirite gays???
>>
File: 1450755879514.png (718 KB, 986x1090) Image search: [Google]
1450755879514.png
718 KB, 986x1090
>>63967430
I can't tell if you're being deliberately obtuse or if you're actually this stupid. I called you retarded and you literally rebuttaled with no you in so many words.
>>
>>63966957
Of course everyone will ignore the truth. I'll do it for you guys someday I guess.
>>
File: 51341234124.png (213 KB, 599x374) Image search: [Google]
51341234124.png
213 KB, 599x374
>>63967239
It's supposed to come across as a soap. Star Wars is a soap. It was always a soap. Harrison Ford and Alec Guinness famously hated the lines in Episode IV because they were so horribly dumb sounding given their acting experience.
>>
>>63964021
to me it feel like a new Harry potter movie
>>
>>63967434
Yes, the titbits offered in the OT compares to the narrative in the PT.

/b/'s missing an idiot.
>>
III had by far the coolest opening scene and the battle of Genosis shits all over Hoth for best ground battle
>>
>>63967493
you can call me Jose. you faggot.
>>
>>63967500
You started typing some other retarded shit about cars that has nothing to do with what were talking about, and you're still not talking about anything relevant so just fuck off back to reddit you worthless faggot
>>
>>63967584
You're a dumb nigger though, Ty'Rone.
>>
>>63967604
Fuck off back to reddit, you pederast.
>>
>>63963452
Of course it felt like Star Wars... it was a remake
>>
>>63964834
V > IV/VII >> III > VI >>>>> II > I
>>
>>63967604
You were literally arguing that the design should be completely different because of its age, I provided other examples where technology hasn't changed design that drastically in the same amount of time. How is that irrelevant? Are you actually that fucking dumb?
>>
>>63967434
>tfw the original version of Star Wars wasn't titled Episode 4
>tfw "Episode IV: A New Hope" was added to the opening crawl after Star Wars became a huge hit
>>
>>63967732
What an utterly pointless fucking post.

Return to reddit, you autistic faggot.
>>
>>63967775
pls show me on the doll where i triggered you
>>
>>63967809
>>>/r/eddit/
>>
>>63963452

>>boring politics and trade shit

Kill yourself millenial scum
>>
>>63967849
the bad men arent supposed to trigger you there
>>
>>63966099
>The Force Awakens had Rey with abandonment issues, Finn with PTSD and Kylo Ren with daddy issues
truely a movie for the 2010's
>>
>>63967714
I didn't say it should be completely different, tryhard fucker. I'm arguing for new and original designs that are actually good. Fuck, even the name bb8 is a half assed attempt at emulating Star Wars. The sounds bb8 made were just loud and annoying as well, like some lazy fuck on a synth. Each time r2 spoke it was a pleasure for the audience, not this annoying shit. But then again why do I bother explaining shit to retards that don't understand what made Star Wars great.
>>
>>63967919
>it didn't adhere to my specific vision of Star Wars so it's not real Star Wars
The face of autism everybody
>>
>>63963497
I'd actually take him over Kylo.
>>
>>63967919
I think the new movie was the worst SW yet, but what the fuck are you going on about with these 2 being even remotely similar aside from their 2 front sensors?
>>
>>63967963
>it didn't adhere to my specific vision of Star Wars so it's not real Star Wars

are you talking about the prequels anon?
>>
>>63967903
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>63963497
Hayden is a very good actor and he was perfectly cast as Anakin.

Not his fault he was tossed a bowl of shit and had to eat it in front of a green screen for three movies.
>>
>>63966909

What delicious post modern wankery pulled directly from your ass cheeks! Thank you so much for that
>>
>>63968306
Too many words for you to understand, nigger?
>>
>>63968035
Thanks for the pic.
>lets simply r2's head and stick it on a ball

Looks like some fan made bullshit compared to r2. Hell, it makes r2 look like a real fucking robot next to that ball
>>
>>63968356

There's no merit to your post. It's not based on any falsifiable evidence. You can't go back and dig through movies and books to prove your cynically pretentious garbage scribblings correct. They're nothing more then the thoughts of a typical, irritable millennial that hates the world and western society because it's the tendy thing to do. I was there once too, don't worry you'll grow out of it.
>>
>>63968588
>too many words

I thought as much, stick to rap music and talking about "muh dick", you dumb ape.
>>
>>63968912
Rap has the highest vocabulary of any music genre tbqh family
>>
>>63968949
You're wrong and you're a boring dense nigger.

>>>/africa/
>>
File: koiru.png (205 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
koiru.png
205 KB, 313x286
>>63968287
>for three movies
>>
File: 1368681301332.jpg (13 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
1368681301332.jpg
13 KB, 208x199
>>63969064
>mfw

lol, two actually, my bad
>>
>>63969121
Stupid fucking tripfag
>>
File: 1449871756177.jpg (60 KB, 537x344) Image search: [Google]
1449871756177.jpg
60 KB, 537x344
>>63969045
Suck a dick faggot. :^)

http://lab.musixmatch.com/largest_vocabulary/
>>
>>63968287
No, he did a shitty job even with the lines he was given. He might be good in other stuff, I have no idea, but he was fucking bad in SW.
>>
>>63969241
Lies, and you're still a dense nigger.
>>
File: 1448499872366.png (484 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1448499872366.png
484 KB, 582x600
>>63969268
>lies because it doesn't align with what I want to be real
Stay mad gaywad
>>
>>63969340
>i'll post some unscrupulous pro-rap blog to support my argument, that'll show him
>>
I like the sense of danger in TFA, like the stakes were high again, which you didn't really see at all in the prequels
>>
>>63969402
Find a source that refutes it familia
>>
>>63969536
>post lies
>b-b-b-but it's not lies
>>
>>63969634
Prove it's lies. You can replicate their study yourself if you wish. :^)
>>
>>63967178

yes, go to reddit where they love the prequels. wait, no, hating the prequels is the most reddit thing ever you faggot

the only prequel TFA is better than is II, and even then it's iffy
>>
>>63969893
Reddit is calling you back, nigger.
>>
>>63969893
So you love the prequels simply because reddit hates them? Do you decide what you like based on taking a contrarian position to folk on some other board?

Sad.
>>
>>63968381
>looks like some fan made bullshit

Yeah, and that fan was Ralph McQuarrie
>>
>>63971746
If he did design it then there's probably a reason he died before it ever left the discarded concepts bin
>>
>>63966997
>3 jedi get rekt in under 10 seconds

Why is the order so shit
>>
File: millermac .jpg (417 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
millermac .jpg
417 KB, 1440x900
>>63963452
>>boring politics and trade shit
Badly written Lucas could have gone GoT with this but failed as a writer and directed. Good Write but needs editors and someone else directing.

>>jedi were overpowered in episodes one and two
Too much CGI and Ballet. Lucas was testing out the new limits of CGI, almost all the clone stroopers in 2 were all cgi and 90% of the set was greenscreen.

>>no grungy stuff
Could have been a lot of grungy stuff and still be shit.
Remember pottery its all pottery...pottery erry where. Based Lucas.

>>all the lightsaber battles felt different
They never had a basis on how they wanted jedis to fight.
No star wars is ever consistent with it saber duals. Return and Empire might seem the same but have considerable differences.
>>
File: bm.jpg (144 KB, 935x831) Image search: [Google]
bm.jpg
144 KB, 935x831
>>
>>63972967
ekuL
>>
>>63968287
>>63969064
kek
>>
>>63968381

>at least BB-8 solves the problem of how the fuck R2 can manage on all that rough hard terrain
>>
>>63963503
This. Seriously if I had known it was a soft reboot of star wars and not a fucking sequel that it was supposed to be I would have saved my money and watched A New Hope.
>>
>>63964834

V > VI > VII = IV >> III >>>>>>>>> I >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> II
>>
>>63968287
Ewan McGregor received the same fucking script and did the best he could with it.
Christensen didn't. He fits the role thanks to his looks but he's a shitty actor and sounds like he's completely dead inside.

>>63972967
LUKE
U
K
E
>>
>>63972967

MAZ
A
Z

KATANA
A
T
A
N
A

LUKEk.
>>
>>63964316
>The prequels tone and style let George actually show off the SW universe before it all went to shit
>implying that anybody actually needed to see that
Name one way in which the prequels actually enhanced your viewing of the original trilogy.
>>
>>63963452
But it WAS great.

The characters were so engaging that I think you could drop the entire Starkiller Base plot and it would be fine. It's a lot like Empire in that way.
>>
>>63967997
Kylo will probably alot more visually 'right' after a hair cut and a face scar
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.