[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All jokes aside, what are some redeeming points about TFA? >They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: bb8.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bb8.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
All jokes aside, what are some redeeming points about TFA?

>They chose a decent lead actress
>the idea of a traitor stomtrooper isn't bad
>lead actor isn't handsome or competent, which makes him believable
>Kylo Ren was cool when he had the mask on. The voice was good.
>The droid was well designed
>The opening scene is acceptable
>stopping a laser beam with the force wasn't done before to the best of my knowledge
>the desert scenes are great, especially the shot of Rey scavenging then leaving the downed destroyer and the escape with the falcon
>the insta pudding and counting days with scratches
>CGI was better than fifteen years ago
>at least a few funny lines
>the last scene is decent

I still think it's a mediocre effort, but I don't think it was a catastrophe either. The first act was fairly captivating, it went downhill when they visited Maz. It was at least worth the price of admission.
>>
It's most redeeming quality is that it's a good movie in a franchise plagued mostly by bad films. I still maintain there are only three good Star Wars movies.
>>
>>63960396
Bretty gud list, OP. Don't forget Poe the Bro, ace pilot and sassy backtalk master.
>>
>>63960396
The redeeming quality was that is wasnt as bad as the prequels.

In fact i suspect that if the prequels never happened people wouldnt have liked this movie very much
>>
>>63960521
*it wasnt
>>
It looked good. By this I mean that the CGI was very effective. Didn't feel like Clones or Revenge, where every now and then the movie basically became a videogame cut-scene.
>>
>>63960396
kill yourself
>>
>FinnPoe banter
>ChewyHan banter
>Rey a cute
>well shot for the most part
>dog fights were pretty slick
>Kylo had a few hype moments, him being an emo whiny faggot might be interesting if he mans up in sequal
>TRAITOR
>Saber battles despite shitty camera work were cool in how it's more scrappy again and have weight
>60 PORTIONS

That's about it, still think Rey was a Mary Sue, still think it took WAY too much from ANH, too many references, plot devices out the ass

Moderately enjoyable but disappointing all the same, and I went in with expectations of it being average. Enjoyed most of the characters and action scenes, enjoyed some of the shots, couldn't stand the rehashed plot and the amount of plot devices even for a Star Wars movie. Some prequel tier dialogue as well.
>>
>>63960521
The prequels are superior in one aspect: they have a handful memorable scenes and some characters you care about even though it's an overall jumbled mess. I still think the combat against Darth Maul is one of the best scenes in the franchise. Young Obi-wan is a great character as well. In TFA it just felt like a succession of rushed scenes.
>>
>>63960699
I'd rather die in a lightsaber battle
>>
>>63960396
Kylo Ren is a great character, probably one of the best in Star Wars. He has a lot going on. They could have played it easy and had him be just Darth Vader 2, especially in a film that plays it so close to the originals (to the point where it is a remake of A New Hope), but instead they took risks with him. They had him be emotional, be human. He took off his mask. That was a huge gamble, and I think it paid off because he wound up being really interesting and intriguing. For me, he stole the show.

BB-8 was also great. Snoke looked good. Everything looked good. They got the style of Star Wars down.
>>
>>63960396
>>The droid was well designed
And that's when I knew you were full of shit
>>
>>63960396
Can you name a single funny line
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.