[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughs on this ? If you remove the shitty propaganda, its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: American-History-X.jpg (48 KB, 391x500) Image search: [Google]
American-History-X.jpg
48 KB, 391x500
Thoughs on this ?

If you remove the shitty propaganda, its a pretty good movie imo
>>
>>63959885
I think it's a perfect movie. I'm just confused as to what the message was. A lot of of what he says is true but because the information is being delivered by a neo nazi the audience is obviously going to blow it off as nonsense. It's like a reverse psychology red pill.
>>
>>63960750
>I think it's a perfect movie. I'm just confused as to what the message was.
oxymoron
>>
>>63960891
>he thinks the movie has to have a clear message to be good
>>
>>63960750
Ed Norton changed the ending to make his character more positive.
>>
>>63960750
In the original ending he was supposed to become a neonazi again following the murder of his brother. That would have made the film more interesting.
>>
>>63961020
No it wouldn't.
>>
>>63959885
it had potential but it was melodramatic, predictable and badly written
>>
given that the director had his name removed from the final cut, I'd say it's quite different from what the original intention is.

I think that the studio wanted to push a more anti-racist line, but the original probably was more sympathetic to the white-nationalist point of view

even as is it is pretty much one the most redpilled films to come out of Hollywood in the last few decades.
>>
>>63961131
>one the most redpilled films

Stop posting, retard.
>>
>>63960750
its a roadmap to cognitive dissonance. Ed norton's character attributes any behavior he doesn't like to an arbitrary physical characteristic then attributes that characteristic to the behavior. He then ignores/excuses the same behavior from people with another set of arbitrary physical characteristics. He then acts upon this faulty assumption, violently, causing others to associate his behavior with his characteristics. So his brother gets murdered in prison because of his actions.

basically.
>>
>>63961190
I'm using vernacular that OP will relate to
>>
>>63960750

People and ideologies are complex and multifaceted with hatred coming from both sides. The movie is about a white nationalist at war with the other races, his little brother at the end gets caught in the middle of that war once Norton convinces him to leave it.
>>
>>63961332
People are only complex when attempts are made to view them from a logical/rational standpoint.

Once you stop trying to assume people are logical/rational, and are instead, most of the time, base animals operating off reflexive sensory-response associations, they become a lot simpler.

Of course, once you hit that point, suicide becomes more an obligation rather than an option.
>>
>>63961667

Nigga, WHAT?
>>
>>63961667

autism, not even once.
>>
>>63961726
>>63961791
>missing such an obvious reference
I want star wars tourists to leave.
>>
hate always wins.
>>
>>63961857
wait, what did I reference?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.