[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STAR WARS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Star_Wars.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Why do people hate midichlorians? Isn't it obvious from the OT that the force is congenital and that Luke inherited it from Anakin?

Why else would Obi-wan spend 20 years supervising his development rather than picking up any old boy?

Fuck off with "muh magic"
>>
Bump.

Rational thinkers: 1
OT fagboys: 0
>>
>>63959050
>y do people hate midichlorians
there is no reason. If you pay attention, they don't "demistify" the force at all, because THEY ARE NOT THE FORCE.
>>
>>63959079

Exactly, they're single cell organisms attracted to the force. How do people not get that?
>>
>>63959050
Fuck off with "muh midichlorians".
>>
>>63959050
So, what exactly are midichlorians again? they throw around the word like twice in the whole saga and it's not even relevant to anything at all.
>>
>>63959138

So instead you choose not to respond with a cogent, rational counterargument?

Classic Reddit
>>
From my intepretation they are merely bacteria that also have a strong connection to the force, therefore they hang around strong force users.

Theyre basically bacteria jedi, not the source of a human/aliens connection to the force
>>
>>63959164

Midi-chlorians are microscopic lifeforms that are located near people with high force sensitivity
>>
>>63959164
>not relacent to anything at all
They were instrumental in Anakin becoming Vader you fool. Watch the movies before you critique them.
>>
>>63959164

Faggot, called out:

>>63959202
>>
>>63959050
Good point

Midichlorians don't even guarantee Force Sensitivity.
Case in point: Grievous. He had a blood transfusion from a Jedi (IIRC) with a moderate midichlorian count but he can't into Force.
>>
>>63959202
>They were instrumental in Anakin becoming Vader
So the midichlorians made him kill sand people or something?
>>
Yeah this whole "prequels suck let's forget midichlorians exist" meme should just be terminated.
>>
>>63959232
The promise of learning how to use them to save Padme is what made him fall.
>>
File: 1387456523069.jpg (58 KB, 563x601) Image search: [Google]
1387456523069.jpg
58 KB, 563x601
>>63959301
Well that's funny, even in universe, Midichlorians are the ultimate bait.
>>
Has you ever noticed that all the prequel hates are the ones more illiterate when it comes to science, politics and economics? There's a strong correlation between the illiteracy in them and their enjoyment of the prequels.
>>
>>63959050
>Fuck off with "muh magic"

No. It's magic, and it's stupid if it's portrayed as anything else.
>>
they literally add nothing to the concept of the force

If you want to "scientize" it, make it a random mutation like xmen
>>
I always took Midichlorians as microscopic creatures attracted to the Force in living beings. Since they can't really measure how much Force potential somebody has, only feel I.e. "the Force is strong in this one," they do the next best thing and measure the Midichlorian count instead
>>
File: 1441990998286.jpg (81 KB, 502x576) Image search: [Google]
1441990998286.jpg
81 KB, 502x576
PREQUELS SUCK LET'S FORGET MIDICHLORIANS EXIST

FUKC OFF PREQUEL FAGS PREQUELS RUINED MY CHILDHOOD ANIKAN IS A GIRL HAN SOLO WAS THE MOST WELL DEVELOPED CHARACTER IN CINEMATIC HISTORY AND RLM ARE THE GREATEST FILM CRITICS OF ALL TIME

MILLENIALS ARE NOTHING BUT SPOILED KIDS WHO KNOW NOTHING OF REAL CINEMA, THEY ONLY WATCH FLICKS AND DONT GET THE REAL COMPLEXITY OF THE FORCE LIKE I DO
>>
>>63959652
wew lad, calm down
the prequels will still be there when you get home from detention
>>
Because it's a lame attempt at introducing dbz tier "power levels".
Also anything that tries to 'scientifically' explain the Force just fucking ruins it. It's the equivalent of like, a wizard doctor analyzing Harry Potter's blood and going "hmm hmm he's the chosen one alright he has over 20,000 quidditcholians in his blood! what a powerful wizard! did you know quidditcholians are tiny wizard microbes that determine how adept you are at using spells n shit?"
>>
Notice that the only people saying medichorians ruin the force are the same people who think that understanding the science of a rainbow ruins its beauty
>>
>>63959798
Rainbows aren't spiritual or magic. They are a naturally-occurring phenomenon. I know you're just baiting, but it's a stupid argument regardless.
>>
>>63959950
Rainbows were spiritual and magic before people understood them
Jesus Christ what is wrong with you OT fags
>>
>>63959050
I agree OP. If there were no midichlorians, anybody could be force sensitive which would take away any significance from Luke and his importance.

To me, it's centrally important that only certain people can be Jedi otherwise why protect Luke/watch over him/train him etc.? Why not get somebody else? Without midichlorians, the story makes less sense.
>>
>>63960085

Exactly, I bet on average midichlorian-haters have a lower IQ and critical thinking ability.

Muh spirituality just doesn't work in the story. You have to be born force sensitive
>>
>>63960000
>>
>>63959950

Nice work completely eluding the point
>>
>>63959050

Finally somebody else! It's an inherited genetic trait! It always was. Everybody thought it was "magic" because Han thought it was magic. It's not magic, its science. It always was even in the orig trig. Everyone just believed Han when he said "some all powerful mystical force" but no one seems to remember the look Obi-Wan shot him like "are you fucking stupid?" Then how he flat out refuses to acknowledge Han's ignorance and turns back to train Luke.
Show less
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.