[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE. IT'S A SERIOUS SCI-FI AND NOT AT ALL FOR CHILDREN.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: DUDE, BB8.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
DUDE, BB8.webm
1 MB, 854x480
DUDE. IT'S A SERIOUS SCI-FI AND NOT AT ALL FOR CHILDREN.
>>
>Calling Star Wars sci-fi when it is clearly fantasy

kill yourself
>>
>things nobody ever said
>>
>>63954966
Only funny part in the movie desu. I thought it was kinda cute and at least somewhat original.
>>
SCI-FI CAN'T HAVE HUMOR. IT'S SRS PHYSICS
>>
bb8 is such a stupid design
literally rolling dirt that can go inside the circuits
r2d2 looks stupid as well but atleast its functional
>>
>>63954966
Um what? Star Wars alwasys as much for kids as for adults.
>>
>>63954966
change board. get out of your house and have a walk. exercise. go masturbate.
>>
>>63955046
I thought C3P0s entrance was the only funny part. Its the only part I audibly laughed at least.
>>
>>63954966
Nobody ever claimed that. Not ever.
>>
>>63955158

that was literally the worst scene in the movie

you're a pleb and possibly autistic
>>
File: 1378733773042.gif (2 MB, 359x372) Image search: [Google]
1378733773042.gif
2 MB, 359x372
>>63954966
They managed to give BB-8 a lot of emotions , by his beeps and attitude , kinda like Wall-E .
It was well done .
>>
>>63955144
>go masturbate

What do you think this thread was?
>>
>>63954966
Btw that's a tribute to the upvoting society we live in now
>>
>>63955119
>sand in circuits hur durr

These niggers are flying gigantic ships and shooting fucking lasers out of planets, but they cant weather proof a droid.

Your a fucking dumb dumb.
>>
>>63955119
You can't be bitching about realism in a science fiction fantasy. Otherwise every goddamn thing in every Star Wars/Star Trek movie ever could be questioned and cut to bits.
>>
File: bhdw.jpg (17 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
bhdw.jpg
17 KB, 407x405
>>63955119
>>
>>63955257
Neil de Fat Tyson disagree with you
>>
>>63955287
He's an insufferable fedora when he isn't teaching kids about space.
>>
File: gundark.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
gundark.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>63954966
U rite doe
>>
>>63955287
He's the reason people hate nerds.
>>
That scene was great. The rapport between Finn and BB-8 was cute.
>the way he backed off when Finn said he's not with the Resistance
>the way he looked back and forth between Finn and Rey when she was asking where the base is
>the thumbs up
I don't know how anyone can hate that droid
>>
>>63955366
>>63954966

How do people just eat this shit up?
>>
>>63955119
this is bb8
>>
>>63955046
Kylo Ren yelling GUARDS and the storm troopers shuffling away.
>>
>>63955046
>>63955158
All of the physical humor was on point:
>BB-8 thumb up
>C3PO entrance
>BB-8 zapping Finn
>Stormtroopers noping the fuck out of Kylo's tantrum
>>
>>63954966

nice dubs bruh

anyway, i thought bb was giving the finger
>>
File: Holochess.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Holochess.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>63955519

How bout dat holochess
>>
>>63954966

gee he really is black isn't he, cant even make out his facial expressions against the background
>>
>>63955560

It was actually really nice that they used stop motion for this
>>
>>63955578
No, that's just the shitty cam rip.

Why are people making it their job to rip this movie apart? It feels like a lot of them havn't even seen it, just shitposting.
Nobody expected a fucking masterpiece, it's a decent fantasy movie, move on. There's literally more topics about how buttblasted people are than actually discussion.
>>
File: 1342501500256[1].png (209 KB, 327x429) Image search: [Google]
1342501500256[1].png
209 KB, 327x429
>>63955366
>>
Lot of comic relief but not too much, also that scene was good.

I think /tv/ was just prepared to hate on it, and now that it turned out pretty good they have to hate it even more
>>
>>63954966
I have the same gripes about all this bitching about the film. It isn't awful. Phantom Menace was basically New Hope. Oh, but we can't talk about the prequels because they aren't "real" Star Wars.
Star Wars is, without a doubt, a family movie. If it weren't, Disney wouldn't have bought it. Plain and simple. In fact, if it wasn't a family, there wouldn't have been the Return of the Jedi as we know it, nor would the prequels be a thing.
It was a massive hit back in '77 when it first came out of the blue. Merch sold well, and that influenced how the Original Trilogy ended. The merch continued to sell and the movies were making money from royalties, so the prequels came into the scene aimed at children who would buy more merch. The autistastic fanbase refused to accept that the series was for families and child-friendly, so they conceived up the EU because they felt slighted by the creator. Now Disney has it, and everything they do -- for better or worse -- is cannon and geared towards families.

TL;DR: Star Wars is a family film, Disney wouldn't have bought it otherwise. EU is fanfiction and was never cannon. The whole series is overhyped, but not awful. Get over it.
>>
>>63954987
this
>>
File: 1450330344904.png (777 KB, 1254x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450330344904.png
777 KB, 1254x1080
ITS A THUMBS UP, IF YOU DISAGREE YOU LITERALLY HAVE AUTISM
>>
>Star Wars
>Sci-fi
Point out the science in any nigga.
>>
File: Nod.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Nod.webm
2 MB, 854x480
Got you covered, famfam
>>
>>63955733

because /tv/ built up for an entire year how shit it was going to be, so those people will go to any extent to try and prove themselves right despite the fact that the rest of the internet including /tv/'s saviour Mike from RLM loved it
>>
>>63955814
It's an upvote. Because social media n shit
>>
>>63955197

I thought that was Jeffrey Dahmer.
>>
File: Lembasbread.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Lembasbread.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>63955826
>how u like ur bread, faem?
>JUST science my dough up
>>
>>63955870
people defending TFA are aggressive as much as the ones bashing it too much. Don't tell me you don't see it.
>>
>>63955826
not op, but there is some (if accidental)
Like TIE fighters. Ion Engines are things and feasible. It was probably completely by accident, but what is colloquially known as "sci-fi" is just anything with futuristic tech. Replace magic with nanobots, metals with space-age polymers, bullets with lasers/plasma, and cars with flying things/hovering things/electric cars run by nuclear power or solar energy.
>>
>>63955801
I'm with you up until
>The autistic fan base refused too accept that the series was for families and child friendly so they conceived up the EU

The EU was around ... Dammit... A long long time before the prequels.
>>
>>63954966
What if it wasnt thumbs up, but middle finger ? How can anyone tell for sure ? BB-8 might be kind of an asshole the whole time.
>>
>>63955909

OP's post is a complete straw man

Star Wars is a movie for nearly every age group. Nobody is pretending that it's hard sci-fi for adults only.
>>
>>63955909

There are aggressive defenders to counter the aggressive bashers, but most people praising the film are not aggressive
>>
>>63955847

This was one of those cringy scenes, fortunately there wasnt that many.
>>
>>63955847
We're expected to believe he's never seen anyone gesture with their head before? Fucking terrible "joke"
>>
>>63955460
"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantilize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control.”

They eat it because they lost any kind of critical thinking
>>
>>63956014
It's not that the EU is bad. I like parts of it, but it was created by the fans, for the fans, to keep the series alive.
I want to put this here, because hopefully someone will see it the same or change they're opinion:
I LOVE THE CONCEPT OF THE EU
but it's not cannon and never will be.

The EU is like a mod for a video game. It is beneficial for the continuation of the IP, but it is not cannon. It can improve upon the series, but it's not cannon. It can create better stories than the series, but it. is. Not. CANNON.

Don't hate or reject the EU just because of that though.
>>
>>63956107
>most people praising the film are not aggressive

mate, wait around 12 hours from now and see for yourself. Any valid criticism is bashed with constant /v shitposting, RANKING threads, and le meme arrows. At least this has been my experience so far.

I can't even tell safely that both TFA and the prequels are badly produced without getting 10+ "contrarian/racist/mysoginist" replies
>>
>>63955476
underrated
>>
>>63954966
Said no one ever
>>
>>63956178
>>
>>63956177
Maybe because stormtroopers can't move their heads too well in that armor
>>
>>63956357
deepest lore
>>
>>63955418
>he
>>
>>63956217

Because TFA was not badly produced
>>
File: Goodtime_dance.webm (3 MB, 1000x538) Image search: [Google]
Goodtime_dance.webm
3 MB, 1000x538
>>63956381
Heck, there's no reason to NOT believe that.
>>
I liked the first half very much, no complaints there.
The second half doesn't make much sense: a bunch of Rebels goes without a solid plan to destroy a giant ship/planet, aided by a stormtrooper without battle experience but able to swordfight with a Jedi.... Rey escape was cool and also the scene with Hans and Kylo.
BTW Kylo is a pathetic dark knight, hope they will introduce a more daunting foe next time.

7.25/10
>>
>>63956217
Not him, but the biggest problem is people don't want to discuss; they want to yell. No one wants to confront their opinions or even hear other opinions.
I get it's the internet, so I'm essentially bashing my head against a brick wall here expecting it collapse, but people are posting purposefully inflammatory comments so they can just go " u mad bro" and "See? this is what [the other group] does. they're all idiots."

But to address the production values, I didn't think they were bad. In fact, I thought they were fantastic in some parts, and a little to 70's in others. Basically, I think it felt like classic Star Wars production values. Knowing what JJ does, I'm going with it was intentional. The main gripe I have when it comes to movie is how it progressed at a break neck pace just because, but felt like it was mostly fluff. The top pilot was a cool character, but I didn't feel any stakes when it came to destroying the Starkiller. I thought he was dead already and got over it (and there wasn't much to get over. he had 5 minutes of screen time and then disappeared for 40).
I didn't like how Rey immediately started testing out Force powers so effectively, but the run time was already getting a bit too long, so I can see why they just gave her that. Coulda been solved by Kylo trying that on her, realizing she was Force resistant, and her giving it a shot when he left. Hell, even Moss or whatever her name was could have added on a line that was like "The Force is strong with you if the lightsaber called out to you." and then briefly saying that, with training, she could do just what the Jedis of old could.

Boom. A major gripe could have been solved with the addition of, at most, 2 and a half minutes of dialog that they could have easily added in or cut down scenes like her walking down the hall by 15 seconds for.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.