[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Red Letter Media reviews?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot00094.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot00094.png
1 MB, 1920x816
What do you think of the Red Letter Media reviews?
>>
good but over quoted and memed
>>
>>63953230
Like 'em.
One of my go-to's if I need a few hours of background noise.
>>
Nitpicking faggots who make some good points out of sheer quantity
>>
They're relevatory the first few times you see them but after that it becomes obvious that the actual legit criticism of the filmmaking is buried under a lot of pointless plot nitpicking.
>>
>>63953230
Sold out to Disney like everyone else.
>>
More like RedditLeLeMemeia 2bh
>>
>>63953230
honestly some of the funniest shit i have ever seen in my whole life
>>
>>63953398
Is /tv/ the worst board?
>>
There are good points, but they are mixed in with an awful lot of nitpicking. And while we all know they love Star Wars, sometimes they say things that make me think they don't understand it.

If it weren't for the clever editing, jokes, comedic timing and the character of Plinkett, they'd have been throw in with the mess of other prequel criticisms.

That being said, they still make me laugh on occasion.
>>
>>63953433
nah, what about those niche boards that get like two new posts a week?
>>
>reviews
into le trash
>>
>>63953475
>they don't understand it
What points? Honestly curious not looking to argue
>>
>>63953433
/v/ is generally agreed to be the worst board
>>
>>63953433
It's better than /v/, /co/, and /a/ by default. Despite all the Star Wars shit, one thread about Sicario or The Revenant is worth more than all the trash on those boards combined.
>>
>>63953398
Epic, simply epic for the win
>>
>>63953571
>The Revenant
As much passion went into this "I want an Oscar" piece of shit as went into Thor 2
>>
Way over the top and too much fucking nitpicking.

I saw the Plinkett review before I even watched Phantom Menace and honestly, it's not a good movie but it's not the worst thing ever and certainly not deserving of the bashing given to them by these pandering fucks.

My suspicions were confirmed when they released that video attacking Sonic the Hedgehog with the same over-the-top dishonest commentary.

RLM are inauthentic shitposters like everyone else here.
>>
>>63953559
I figured someone would, and most of the time they do get it right. Lucas does misunderstand and shit on his own lore by brushing aside the mystical aspects of the Force, like Yoda's speech in Empire.

I guess this really sticks out in my mind as one of the times they got it wrong:
https://youtu.be/93uSIKzPmik?t=7m39s

The comment about Han and Chewie only becoming "best friends" in Jedi is a load of bantha poodoo. It's obvious even in A New Hope that they're friends and that they've had a rapport for a while. This is illustrated further in Empire. Remember the scene where they close the doors to the base, leaving Han and Luke outside to almost certain death? And Chewie gives that pained howl, clearly distressed that his fucking friends are out there dying.

I soooort of agree with him about the Falcon. Han going "We're home" was blatant nostalgia-bait, but I don't think he quite views it as coldly as Plinkett says either. Also the Jedi line about him thinking he'll never see the Falcon again was a weird leftover from an earlier draft where Lando crashes the Falcon and dies.

Also the "Han Solo is a big asshole" comment completely misses the point of his character art.

Jesus Plinkett, fucking Helen Keller can see this shit.
>>
>>63953282
First post best post.
>>
>>63953762
character arc, not art
>>
File: Phantom Menace.jpg (158 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Phantom Menace.jpg
158 KB, 1024x768
>>63953230
Only saw the 7-part one about The Phantom Menace, but JFC it was so fucking funny it nearly made up for how bad George's movies are (Ep. 1 in particular).

"Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son."

Afterwards I felt healed and cleansed.
>>
>>63953282

This. I legitimately love them, but the memes are incredibly stale.
>>
>>63953230
>prefer other people to play games for them
>prefer other people watch movies for them
Why can't you newfriends just go back to /v/?
>>
>>63953230
They are not to bad for Disney shills.
>>
>>63953629
>doesn't understand humor
>sonicfag

why am I not surprised
>>
Ep I review is great
Ep II review is godly
Ep III review is meh
>mike implying that hayden wasn't a shit actor
>>
>>63953860
I think they're just saving face. Remember when they said that Abrams would be a good choice to direct a Star Wars film? They'd look incompitent and foolish if they were to admit how wrong they were.
>>
File: IMG_20151213_151639353.jpg (406 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151213_151639353.jpg
406 KB, 2592x1456
>>63953433
>>
>>63953882
>So Anakin kneels before monster mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash
Come on that was great. And the comments about dialog and editing were spot on.
>>63953956
Abrams did make a good director.
Stop trying to push this idea that Force Awakens was a train wreck. It's in the same "Good but not amazing" category as Return and Revenge.
>>
>>63954401
He is a good director, but he was the wrong director for a Star Wars film.
>>
>>63953571
it's sliiightly better than /mu/ as well from what i've seen

>>63953762
eh, the asshole bit just seems like plinkett's way of bluntly spitting out his point before moving on to another thing. but i agree with you on han and chewie's friendship.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.