[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't this entire scene up there with the Bane scene?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
Why isn't this entire scene up there with the Bane scene?
>>
there's too many exploitables to choose from in star wars. bane plane sticks out a lot
>>
>>63951693

Agreed. If George Lucas had made the fight a bit shorter, less choreographed and less 'flippy', it would have been an amazingly emotional scene.
>>
>>63951738
hes talking about the quality of the meme, not the quality of the scene
>>
>>63951693

It hasn't peaked yet.
>>
Senate scene >>>>>>>
>>
>>63951770
what meme?
>>
>>63951693
It was back in the ytmnd days.
>>
It is in /v/.
>>
>>63951793
the "I have the high ground" meme
>>
File: Luke-skywalker-main.jpg (55 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
Luke-skywalker-main.jpg
55 KB, 615x410
>you now realize that Luke was not running from his problems but securing the ultimate high ground for the final battle
>>
It isn't? The High Ground is a quality /tv/ meme that I've seen many times before.

Sure, it's not on the level of Baneposting, but nothing is. It's fine.
>>
Because /tv/ wasn't around when it was released
>>
>>63951776
This, the Senate scene was far more memeworthy.
>>
>>63951832

DOKDO IS ALLIANCE
>>
It's not Bane level, but it is definitely one of the best memes on /tv/.

A big contributor to the Bane meme was the hype people actually had for the new Batman. Then they got the plane scene, which was a poorly edited. slapped together mess with Bane speaking in a voice you could barely understand.

There wasn't that sort of hype/disappointment with ROTS. But ROTS has turned out to be a total meme dark horse, producing some of the dankest memes currently on /tv/.
>>
The humor of the Bane meme comes from people misinterpreting the connection of the phrases.
"You're a big guy." "For you." is funny because it sounds so silly out of context, when the actual context comes from "It would be extremely painful. (For you.)"
>>
>>63951822
you lost me...
>>
>>63951914
>The humor of the Bane meme comes from people misinterpreting the connection of the phrases.

holy shit, the original bane voice iis that the reason?
>>
>>63951693

It didn't have the high ground
>>
>>63951913
It also helps that the plane scene is a gateway to a movie that manages to get worse and worse every single time you watch it.
>>
how new are you?
>>
>>63951913
Star in general is a meme factory, it's the gift that keeps on giving. (That's how I know TFA is shit, zero worthwhile memes)
Episode 1 & 2 has produced some great memes too.

That whole assassination attempt with the worms is comedy gold, and I like the obi wan description pasta of it.

And let's not forget make and his fucking podracing
>>
>>63951693

too many memes to pick from in the prequels

bane scene just sticks out because the rest of the movie is mostly ok
>>
File: Bane kills CIA.png (562 KB, 648x601) Image search: [Google]
Bane kills CIA.png
562 KB, 648x601
BANE?
>>
>>63952051
>That's how I know TFA is shit, zero worthwhile memes
I think TR-8R is a decent meme in its own right.
>>
>>63952053
>the rest of the movie is mostly ok

BULLSHIT. TDKR is awful. It's Nolan at his absolute worst.
>>
just serious actors trying to act seriously when the lines are so comedic
>>
>>63952073
I've been waiting for this
>>
>>63952020
this
>>
>>63952053
>because the rest of the movie is mostly ok

gotta be bait
>>
>>63952020
That too. The movie starts off with garbage that it thinks is great.
>>63952051
The good friend posts get me every time. We got the most mileage out of the one Bane scene, but overall, Star Wars has produced a higher variety of memes.
>>
>>63951738
Well, in fifteen years or something when Disney wants to gouge a reboot of the first six movies out of the pockets of Star Wars fans, maybe they'll do a better job.
>>
File: 1450670783646.jpg (131 KB, 485x458) Image search: [Google]
1450670783646.jpg
131 KB, 485x458
>>63952053
>the rest of the movie is mostly okay
You're not fooling us Christopher, time to move on.
>>
I have about as much respect for Cuck Wars as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.
It is Reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than meme's enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the capeshit redditory Reddit show that is The Force Awakens.
I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it...
>>
File: Sheev.jpg (111 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.jpg
111 KB, 620x320
>>63952252
Good, good. Let the autism flow through you.
>>
>>63952252
I'd say that the first six movies are actually great non-normie beauties. The whole plot arch, while relatively simple, is beautiful because of the simplicity. The showing of somebody actually become evil. Anakin Skywalker's whole story is top-tier mythology senpai.

The thing is that it could happen to anyone. You push someone far enough, take away everything that they care about, and they will become evil. That's the whole fucking point of Star Wars, that it is possible for men to become evil once their suffering makes them hateful beyond repair. Some Star Wars scenes are just beautiful-especially Vader/Luke scenes. The last interaction between Luke and his father ("Tell your sister... You were right") and Luke trying to save his father fucking have me in tears every time.

Definitely not normy tier.

TFA on the other hand, is absolute comedic har har funny references har har Han Solo har har har shoehorned "strong" female protagonist bullshit. Hehehe Kylo Ren is sooo deep because he totally wants to become his father hehe. TFA is literally Normie Wars meant for normies who have no understanding of true tragedy nor beauty. Star Wars begun and ended with Anakin Skywalker.
>>
>>63951950
Then you are lost.
>>
>>63952104
>>63952148
>>63952219

id still watch it over marvel capeshit
>>
>>63952859
underrated post
>>
High ground and IN MY OPINION THE JEDI ARE EVIL are the only two good memes

TR 8R is the true patrician star wars meme
>>
>>63952920
The winner of the shit pageant is still a piece of shit family
>>
>>63953085
>not liking the Sheev Spin
It's like you don't even know how to meme.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.