[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't it great that Star Wars is finally casting women and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Isn't it great that Star Wars is finally casting women and blacks in strong roles?

Oh wait, George Lucas got shit on for including Sam Jackson because people thought it was a cynical attempt to draw in black audiences.

Why did Disney get a pass?
>>
niggers
>>
They don't

Mace windy was one of the most under utilized characters ever
>>
SW has always unironically had all the memeveristy things people in the 2000s cream and are neurotic over

lucas just wasnt a faggot about it
>>
Mace is okay but overall Lando and Finn were more developed and had personalities
>>
>>63950876
you literally havent seen the movies

not to mention 'underutilized' is a meaningless, non-word
>>
Because it's 2015 and pandering to minorities is cool. That's literally the only difference.
>>
>>63950918
Lol wat?
>>
>Mace Dindu
>>
>>63950916
to be fair, windu is a jedi master, there really isnt much development in character for him to do, i mean how much can you develop yoda too
>>
> Race is a social construct and it's unimportant. Human differences truly are skin deep
> People who obsess about racial differences are weirdos. They're neurotic, insecure relics of a bygone era when humans enslaved other humans. Grow up. It's 2015.
> THAT BEING SAID... Let's obsessively monitor the racial make-up of every cast in every film until we hit an unspoken level of optimal diversity.
> Let's write long thinkpieces about The Meaning of It All and how the melanin levels of each character is Rich With Profound Cultural Meaning
> But remember, race is not important and if you care about it, you're a fucking bigot
>>
>>63950942
>literally the only difference

The fact that the prequil trilogy are some of the worst movies ever written is neither here nor there.

Sure

Its all sjws faults that Reis brace with Leia juxtaposed against a celebration is more popular than "I hate sand"
>>
>>63951048
We need a hero to fight the lame stream media!
>>
>>63951066
>The fact that the prequil trilogy are some of the worst movies ever written is neither here nor there.

it's easy to shit on the prequels but let's be honest...

we're going to get a new star wars film every year up until 2020.

do you think all those films together will take even HALF the risks George Lucas took in one prequel film?

Disney will kill Star Wars. Death by 1000 cuts.
>>
>me black man go to see star wars by myself
>excited to see film and first black jedi lead
>find out he really is dindu nuffin comic relief
>driving home after movie stop at gas station
>buy 4 litre gas can
>proceed to chug
i was cut real deep man honest
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.