[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw they retcon the EU because it's ten times better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 298x169
>tfw they retcon the EU because it's ten times better than any movie they can come up with.

Why can't they just make a movie based on this?
>>
Let's say seeing the new movie has made me want to get into the EU. Where do I start?
>>
>>63948289
OP's pic. It's arguably the best EU book and takes place not far after RotJ.
>>
>Luuke Skywalker
>Good

haah waaw
>>
>tfw no Luke v Luuke duel
>>
95% of EU material was utter garbage though. The best thing to come out of the EU was Shadows of the Empire.
>>
>>63948289
Shadows of the Empire. It had everything going for it to be put on film back in the mid-late 90's.
>>
>Tim Zahn slums for some easy cash
>doesn't realise the horde of faggot nerds he will attract from this decision
>SWEU doesn't bar for overqualification at the time
>subsequent EU only uses Kevin J Anderson level writers or worse
>faggot nerds refuse to forget Zahn until he is forcibly discontinued from the official EU
Is a galactic restraining order necessary? A mistake was made.
>>
>>63948198
>Luke, Luuke, and Luuke
>Yuuzhan Vong
>Bug trilogy
>Highest, most righteous jedi of the new order becomes dark lord of the sith for literally no reason

EU is absolute garbage. Dumping it was Disney's best decision
>>
fanfic shit
>luuuke
just fuck off
>>
>>63948439
Sorry, third one was supposed to be Luuuke
>>
File: 1449921377099.jpg (89 KB, 433x404) Image search: [Google]
1449921377099.jpg
89 KB, 433x404
>EU
>shit like Frog-dog
>>
>>63948198
The EU got fucking stupid. I don't miss it at all.

It was the EU that killed Star Wars for me; not the prequels.

Ultimately the EU entirely invalidated the original films that I loved. That was when I lost all interest in Star Wars.
>>
>>63948198

QUICK!

whats the most autistic article on wookipedia
>>
>>63948468
Luuuke was supposed to be a joke, nothing serious.
>>
>>63948535
Chair or Breast
>>
>>63948289
OT era and after:

Thrawn Trilogy
X-Wing Rogue Squadron novels and comics
Shadows of the Empire
Some of the Tales from books are fun too.
Dark Times comic book series
Empire comic book series

PT era:

Shatterpoint
Labyrinth of Evil
ROTS novelization
Clone Wars comics (the older Dark horse ones, not the ones tied in with the CGI cartoon)

Way before the PT era:

The KOTOR comics

There's a lot more than that, but those are generally considered some of the better material.
>>
>>63948535
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast
>>
>>63948198
It's more inconsistent than the film continuity is
>>
>>63948398
I guarantee 95% of the people saying this haven't read any of it and are just parroting what they read on here
>>
Have you attended the latest Mofference?
>>
>>63948535
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Water/Legends
>>
File: 1412056379563.jpg (92 KB, 749x701) Image search: [Google]
1412056379563.jpg
92 KB, 749x701
>>63949288
>dihydrogen monoxide
>>
The Thrawn Trilogy will be rebooted as the live action TV series. It continues with new material until Kylo betrays Luke and helps Snoke kill his students, Mara hides Rey on Jakku and gets ambushed and killed by Hux, Han and Leia split as the First Order takes Coruscant and drives the New Republic to a weaker capital in the Hosnian System.
>>
Luuke
>>
>>63949215
And maybe I haven't read it because it's fucking garbage?

Retard
>>
>>63951118
How do you know it's garbage if you haven't read it? Because you parrot what you read on here?
>>
>>63951974
Because I'm not a fucking pleb piece of shit who spends his free time reading children's fan fiction
>>
>>63953104
No, you just watch it. That's even more retarded.
>>
Kotor 2 and Thrawn's trilogy + Outbound Flight are the only good pieces of EU.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.