[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that Empire >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 13
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that Empire > Awakens > Sith > New Hope > Jedi > Clones > Phantom Menace, right?
>>
>>63946285
So close
Empire > Awakens > New Hope > Sith > Jedi > Clones > Phantom Menace
>>
>>63946285

Literally how I tank them
>>
File: 1447991486031.jpg (82 KB, 555x526) Image search: [Google]
1447991486031.jpg
82 KB, 555x526
>people put sith over jedi
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (43 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
43 KB, 500x496
>>63946416
I don't completely agree but I respect your opinion, duder.
Good taste.
>>
>>63946285
Not quite.

5 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 2

Jedi is so high because of the final duel between Luke, Vader, and Sheev.
>>
File: 1410585636386.jpg (859 KB, 1601x1280) Image search: [Google]
1410585636386.jpg
859 KB, 1601x1280
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
>>
Sith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..TR-8R scene in Awakens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> those other boring movies
>>
Empire = RotJ = Awakens > New Hope > Revenge > AotC > Phantom Menace for me, but I also know most people will think I'm crazy for having RotJ so high. What can I say, I'm a huge sucker for the final showdown with Luke and Vader.
>>
>>63946285

Empire > New Hope > Awakens > Jedi > Sith > Clones > Phantom Menace
>>
Empire > Hope > Sith > Awakens > Jedi > Phantom Menance > Clones

The fuck do people put Clones anywhere but last? Clones is shit. At least Phantom has Maul hype.
>>
A New Hope > The Empire Strikes Back > Return of the Jedi = The Force Awakens > Revenge of the Sith > The Phantom Menace > Attack of the Clones
>>
>>63946483
>meme

Wes Anderson was once found lying down on his front lawn, buck nude, holding a holographic Articuno card, completely covered in spunk. Would you believe that?
>>
File: Untitled.png (31 KB, 969x413) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31 KB, 969x413
>we
You and most of the people posting right now are not from this board. "we" can not agree on anything until you fuck off back to whichever board it is you and the other tourists crawled out last week for this movie.
>>
>people putting Jedi that high
>just pretending the ewok shit never happened

lel
>>
VI > V > VII > IV >>>>>POWER GAP>>>> III > I > II
>>
>>63946659
Yes, the Ewok shit brings it down. The other stuff in it is just so great.
>>
>>63946285
>Attack of the Shills and Samefags: The Thread.

The only real ranking is ANH=ESB > RotJ=RotS > TPM=AotC > TFA.
>>
when people put episode 3 above anything other than 2 you can tell they're a pleb who just likes special effects
>>
>>63946285
>Awakens > Sith > New Hope

Embarrassing
>>
>>63946553

Are you me? That's how I rank them too. I remember as a kid watching ROTJ for the first time and having to remember actually breathe during that scene because it was so fucking tense.
>>
>>63946416
This guy agrees with me. Bro-fist.
>>
>>63946285
we can agree that you are a piece of worthless meatbag.
>>
>>63946531
>unironically praising The Comedy
/film/ can't come soon enough
>>
>>63946285
That's a bait and a shitty one for that amtter.
>>
>>63946285
TFA is literally worse than all OT and prequels.

Anyone who even thinks about placing TFA even before AoTC needs to be murdered.
>>
File: cr2.jpg (14 KB, 372x386) Image search: [Google]
cr2.jpg
14 KB, 372x386
>>63946755
>the comedy wasn't recommended by the /film/ crowd when it came out
Your star wars quarantine board can not come soon enough
>>
>>63946796
and what should happen to you for saying that
>>
V > IV > VI <= VII > II > III > I
>>
>>63946718

The music playing in the background when Luke finally loses his shit and just goes all out on Vader still gives me chills when I watch that scene.
>>
>>63946531
I like your points, but:

>Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
This 10000000000x
>>
The plot sucks dick in all of them, so I don't know why people don't rate them in order of hottest fucking lightsaber fights :

1) Phantom: Maul vs Qui-Gon, and Maul vs Qui-Gon and Obi Wan.
2) Sith: Mannequin vs Dooku, Obi Wan vs Grievous, Mace vs Sheev, Yoda vs Sheev, Mannequin vs Obi Wan.
3) Empire : Taun-taun vs Solo, Luke vs Darth
4) Awakens : TR8R vs Nig, Kylo Ben vs Mary Sue and Nig
5) Jedi : Luke vs Darth, Sheev vs Floor
6) Hope : Obi Wan vs Darth
7) Clones : Dooku vs Mannequin and Obi Wan, no one dies, absolutely shit fight
>>
>>63946945
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-L2K2f2YWM

Phantom Fight so fucking hot still. Chills because Duel of the Fates.
>>
V > VI > V> III > VII > I > II
>>
>we
helloooooooo reddit
>>
>>63946285
>>63946416
>>63946543
>>63946553
>>63946576
>>63946595
>>63946945
>Awakens
Shouldn't it be "Force"

it'd be like calling TESB "Strikes"
>>
>>63946945
This is the best post in this thread
>>
Star Wars > Empire > Jedi > Caravan > TFA > Battle > Prequels

Try and stump me. Protip; You fucking can't bitch.
>>
>>63946531
Be more subtle next time.
>>
>>63946945
I forgot Sith had that many fucking lightsaber fights in it. Damn.
>>
>>63947168

Darth Maul kicks Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon so many times, it's ridiculous. Like, holy shit, how do they not see that coming after the third fucking time. It's awful.
>>
>>63946531
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman! I expect to see this posted often, and with great epicness...hehe!
>>
Empire > New Hope > Awakens > ROTJ > Phantom Menace > Revenge of the Sith > Cloneshit

objectively correct rankings
>>
Empire>TFA=New Hope>Jedi>Sith>Phantom Menace>Clones
>>
V > VI > IV > VII > III > II > I
>>
Official Objective Rankings

V > IV > VII > VI >>> III > I > II
>>
ESB > ANH >/= TFA > ROTJ >>>>>>>> ROTS >>>>>> TPM >>>>>> AOTC

imo desu senpai
>>
V > IV > (VI = III) > VII > II > I
>>
>>63946705
This is pretty much perfect.
>>
Bretty good, but I'd rate mine

Empire > A New Hope > Awakens > Jedi > Sith > Menace > Clones.
>>
Anyone who puts The Rehash Awakens above any OT movie needs to die desu senpai.
>>
>>63948041

Awakens is far better than ROTJ desu senpai
>>
File: 1448955000479.gif (677 KB, 314x209) Image search: [Google]
1448955000479.gif
677 KB, 314x209
>>63947229
if you haven't already noticed, all these people are idiots.
>>
>>63948067

Castration works too if you prefer.
>>
>>63946416
>>63946285
>TFA
>second best
Sudoku yourselves
>>
>>63946576
Yes to this.
>>
>>63946796
the meme king has arrived, behold
>>
File: 1444543932509.jpg (453 KB, 656x732) Image search: [Google]
1444543932509.jpg
453 KB, 656x732
>>63946285
The Empire Strikes Back > Return of the Jedi > Revenge of the Sith > A New Hope > The Force Awakens = The Phantom Menace > Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>63948349
>everything is a meme
why are you so insecure?
is everyone like this back on your home board?
>>
>>63948349
From my point of view you are the meme
>>
>>63946285
Empire > Jedi > New Hope > Awakens >
After that I'm less certain.
Clones > Sith > Menace maybe
>>
>>63946659
Ewoks are nothing to be triggered about.
>>
>>63946945
Empire, Jedi and Awakens have better saber fights than Phantom.
>>
Why did the prequels have good names, i mean all the others have shitty generic names
>>
>>63946285
How does JJ Abrams make a better film than most of Lucas' beloved franchise.
>>
File: cantpeavethesheev.png (756 KB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
cantpeavethesheev.png
756 KB, 1200x816
Remember /tv/ a few months ago, when we had our normal memes and threads and generals before the Force Awakens spam? There was only one Star Wars film discussed and quoted. Tons of pictures from multiple scenes of this Star Wars film were consistently posted. It's pretty clear which Star Wars movie is the best. And it's not even close.
>>
TFA is shit.

Only underages and tumblrcunts like it. JJ ruined another franchise by copypasting Lucas' OT and profiting from the derivative-shilling from Disney.

All OT and PT >>>>>>>> TFA
>>
>>63946659
You mean how ultimately the Ewoks were getting massacred and having their shit kicked in along with Han's team of commandos until he and Chewie hijack an AT-ST and capture the last reserves of Imperial reinforcements from the bunker?

Yeah okay.
>>
>>63946945
compared to ANH, TFA is off to a great start in terms of lightsaber fights
>>
>>63946285
NO YOU FUCKING MORON

5 > 6 > 4 > 3 > 2 = 7 > 1

THIS LIST IS NOT OBJECTIVE IT IS FACT
GET FUCKED
>>
>>63946285

I have never once had anyone elaborate on why Episode III is a good movie, it's all sheev memes and high ground. People seem to constantly forget the inept quad-wielding cyborg lizard, the 10 minute long transition from noble Jedi to child-murdering sith master that should have been handled across a whole film, no one mentions that the movie awkward shoves every character into their Ep. IV starting positions to sit and wait for 20 years, etc... Just what is so good about Ep. III?
>>
>>63948766
I love this copy-pasta
>>
>>63948642
Pretty much,
>>
File: 04-Kyle-Katarn.jpg (9 KB, 315x448) Image search: [Google]
04-Kyle-Katarn.jpg
9 KB, 315x448
Just rewatched the series in anticipation of Force Awakens. This list is not going to be to anyone's liking.

1. Empire Strikes Back
>Perfect combo of action, drama, and great character moments.
2. Return of the Jedi
>Middle kind of drags but everthing tied to Jabba's palace and the final duel between Luke and Vader was gold.
3. A New Hope
>Solid start to a good franchise.
4. Force Awakens
>This would be so much higher if it wasn't for Rey's character. Finn was absolutely based.
5. Revenge of the Sith
>This is one of the few movies that gets progressively better with every watch.
6. Phantom Menace
>I saw this in theater and loved it. Watched it much later and I want to cunt punt Anakin in every scene.
7. Attack of the Clones
>I don't blame the actors or even the story, I blame George Lucas' terrible dialog and script.
>>
>>63948766
>>63948766
Dindu arresting Sheev scene.

Anakin killing younglings

Anakin and Obi opening dialogue on Mustafar

Anakin and Obi dialogue at the end of the fight

Sheev flying backward into his chair and pretty much the whole fight with Yoda

Dooku keeping quiet about Sheev and giving his life for his cause (rip in peace based Dooku)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Every one of these scenes are better than any single scene in every other SW movie. I can watch them an endless number of times and be entertained. I don't know how to spell it out any more clearly than that.
>>
>>63948851
I wouldn't say middle dragged in Return of the Jedi. I think its high points were better then TESB's but its only simple weakness is no one shuts up about anything involving the ewoks.

>entire Jabba arc is amazing
>Luke killing the rancor with smarts not Force power bullshit or using his lightsaber (which Artoo had)
>Battle at the Dune Sea
>Speed bike chase was fantastic and absolutely an amazing sequence in every way
>Luke's duel and confrontation with Vader
>Luke temporarily giving into the dark side
>The beautiful poetic connection as Luke sees how full circle things have come between their last duel a year ago in TESB to now in RoTJ in the Emperor's throne room
>Emperor being full of confidence and decimating Luke despite his best efforts
>Vader allowing himself to die from the Emperor's force lightning as he saves Luke
>the entire Battle of Endor space sequence
>>
>>63948642
I disagree on the rankings 2bh
almost anything else >>>> 4 >> 5 >> 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1=2=3=7
>>
>>63948851
>Finn was absolutely based
My nigga
I fucking love Finn
Rey isn't great, though, hopefully she gets better development in episode VIII
>>
V > IV > VII > III > VI > II >>> steamy shit > I

If this isnt your order, then I dont like you and you're wrong.
>>
TFA is literally JUST the rehash I was expecting, it's whole plot is nothing but a glib facsimile.

If this type of Star Wars was all I had access to as a teenager, I probably would become one of those crazy TFA-Fanboys, but thankfully I had access to more quality choices from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you had watched the Original trilogy, you'd realize just how sophisticated Star Wars done right can be and it blows away anything JJ would have to offer.

A lot of people mention the prequels as bad, but at least it has just enough of originality and groundbreaking moments in the mix to draw in an audience but I must say that the Prequels are not even in my top 10 movies, not even close, but TFA cannot even approach that.

Movies aside, even Star Wars EU for all its bad stuff had gems so disturbingly mature that I wish it would challenge the system and be adapted into a movies just to bitchslap the snotty JJ.

But hey, me preaching about the actual good old Star Wars (pre-JJ)won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing, basking in TFA.

The other Star Wars must-haves I would recommend to check out are video games Kotor which is light and easy to get into for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Kotor 2 in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and they have amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome battles is the shit.

Seriously, if you had more exposure to the actual good old Star Wars like I do, TFA looks like it's something for little pretentious kids.
>>
V > IV > VI > III > II = I > VII

Deal with it
>>
>>63946658

Where do you look at 4chan stats like in your pic?
>>
File: springer_6-1.jpg (64 KB, 417x356) Image search: [Google]
springer_6-1.jpg
64 KB, 417x356
>>63947749
Switch I and II and this is the best list on here
>>
awakens > empire >new hope > jedi > sith > clone > phantom menace

i dont even care
>>
File: 1383029097864.gif (931 KB, 210x118) Image search: [Google]
1383029097864.gif
931 KB, 210x118
>All of these faggots rating VII so high over III, IV, and VI.
I am legitimately angry.
>>
>>63949504

>thankfully I had access to more quality choices from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable
Is this the part where you imply enjoying TFA is psychotic?
>>
>>63947670
This guy gets it
>>
6 > 5 > 7 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 2
>>
>>63951496
> 1 > 4
> 1 > 3
>>
>>63948436
THEN YOU ARE LOST
>>
>>63946285
I started rewatching the movies. It's odd. I used to swear up and down that Empire was the best, but it didn't hold up as well on a rewatch for some reason. A New Hope is currently my favorite. Still have the other four to watch again.

I - 3/10
II - 2/10
III - 7/10
IV - 8.5/10
V - 8/10
VI - 7.5/10
VII - 4.5/10 (might be a 4)
>>
>>63949439
Finn was a lot of fun, but his betrayal didn't make sense to me.
>>
>>63946531
>Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
I know you're meme'ing it up, but this is true. It really is capeshit disguised as Star Wars.

Still better than Episodes I and II; they're just more Star Wars, however.
>>
File: 1303452049306.png (110 KB, 216x276) Image search: [Google]
1303452049306.png
110 KB, 216x276
>>63946496
>people actually think that his light was him giving a "thumbs up" and not a middle finger
Like, how do you even think that it wasn't a middle finger?
>>
5>4>7>6=3>1>2
>>
>>63946285

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

The Force Awakens

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Revenge of the sith has all of the flaws of the movies that came before it and has to rush through the entire corruption of anakin skywalker, the fall of the repiublic, and the extermination of the jedi because the other movies were wastes of time. It isn't good because of this, it just feels overcrowded, rushed, and sloppy and I have no idea why people like it so much.
>>
Revenge of the Sith was garbage, senpai

Just because it was marginally better than Attack of the Clones doesn't make it good
>>
4 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 2

I just don't think Empire aged as well as A New Hope because everything Film and TV has pushed for grittiness in the past decade.
>>
These are my honest rankings. I watched the whole series recently since it was obviously airing on TV in the lead up to TFA.

Good:
>1. TESB
Probably the most consistent quality wise of the movies. I think some of the others do some things better than it, but I value consistancy over that.
>2. RotJ
High points better than Empire, but has some lows that hold it back. Still great.
>3. TFA
High points I think are the best in the series. Bogged down by some pacing stuff. For what it's worth I think this one's lightsaber fights are the best in the series. They feel dangerous and weighty without the twirly bullshit.
>4. ANH
It's a classic, but much quainter
>5. RotS
Dank movie but is held up only by Sheev, Anakin and Obi-wan and most of the good stuff doesn't start until half way through

Bad:
>6. TPM
Shitty movie but has SOMEWHAT interesting stuff with Darth Maul, Obi-wan and Qui-gon and a dank lightsaber fight at the end.
>7. AotC
Shitty movie with nothing interesting going on. Anakin is shit in it. Ewan tries his best to bring some goodness to the screen with Obi-wan but in the end even he can't fight the shitty writing.
>>
>>63952050
Because bro-ball is helping Finn out, not cockblocking him
>>
V > IV = VII > VI > III > I > II
>>
>>63952690

totally reasonable list

Also the lightsaber fight in TFA was intense because the sabers were just constantly slicing through trees and because people got glanced by them a bunch you could clearly understand just how dangerous the fight was. Also the sparks whenever they collided.
>>
5 > 4 > 7 > 6 = 3 >>>>> 1 > 2
>>
>>63946416
I'd put Jedi over Sith but goddamn is that opening bit at Jabba's palace a slog.
>>
>Any of the prequels
>good

It amazes me people think this, Phantom Menace was the only decent one and it's not even close to the Originals or Awakens
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.