[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly made this the strongest in the series? can anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Empire_strikes_back_old.jpg (398 KB, 1369x2125) Image search: [Google]
Empire_strikes_back_old.jpg
398 KB, 1369x2125
What exactly made this the strongest in the series? can anyone explain why? is it because it has a tragic ending? or was it because ROTJ was so silly in comparison? how is it better than a new hope?
>>
it's not

people who have V as their favourite literally take their opinions form various lists and pundits and critics

in actuality it's the most dull of the 3
>>
>>63945987
Have you seen the two movies?

The first one is just a fast paced adventure story with cool effects.

The second one takes the characters we barely got to know and completely expands on them. Adds much more depth to the story, and the sets are by far the most interesting and unique in the entire series. Also it has one of the biggest and well executed plot twists of all time, mixed with actually good acting, even from Mark Hamill, and just all around fun.
>>
>>63946026

I thought the pacing was perfect. At least compared to episode 7.
>>
Better character interaction, better humor, better sets and props, more memorable lines and moments, an amazing climactic lightsaber fight, a romance that felt authentic and appropriate, and an ending that left you wanting more. It's a terrific film.
>>
there's some pretty cool stuff - the hoth scene, introduction to yoda, the most famous scene in the entire series

I'm not all that into star wars and found it more boring than a New Hope, though.
>>
File: XkkvAJR.png (646 KB, 717x1029) Image search: [Google]
XkkvAJR.png
646 KB, 717x1029
"No, I am your father"

It also helped that it was one of the first sequels that was better than the first in almost every way.
>>
>>63946026
Bait or not kill yourself my man
>>
>>63945987
The good guys don't win.
>>
simple you pleb, new hope was revolutionary but somewhat timid quaint light dipping into the darkness, empire was continuing the fresh idea from three years ago but magnifying the severity of the darkness and expanding the universe and characters and introingnew ones
>>
Battle of Hoth is all it needed to be GOAT
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 500x600
>>63945987
A traditional tragedy would have killed Han Solo and left all of the characters pontificating on what to do now that he's dead (more like Episode I and Qui-Gon's death).
>>
>>63949465
>(more like Episode I and Qui-Gon's death

Remember when less than 30 seconds after Qui-Gon's death, it cut to Jar Jar antics on the battlefield?
>>
Most famous scene in the series, Battle of Hoth, intro of Yoda and it feels better paced, like we don't need to really introduce any more characters so they can use this to expand the existing ones.
>>
>>63949920
Yeah it's an awful flick, but it ends with Obi-Wan changing his mind, doing a 180 degree turn and trusting his mentor enough to train Anakin. So he took on his master's role when he died.

In ESB, Han gets frozen, but Vader's revelation and Luke losing his hand doesn't add up to being a classical Tragedy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.