[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this make you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: Capture.png (29 KB, 590x296) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
29 KB, 590x296
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>63945179
What do the nigger feet mean?
>>
>then
>>
what generation does freddie prince think he's in having opinions?
>>
>>63945179
>Freddie Prinze Jr
>somehow an authority on filmmaking and story telling
O I am laffin
>>
>male power fantasy BAAAAAADDD

>female power fantasy GOOOOOOOODDD
>>
>>63945348
females dont have any power irl tho family
>>
>>63945179
BRENDAN 2.0
>>
>>63945179
you know guys only say this shit to get pussy right?
>>
>>63945179

What does he mean by this?
>>
People forget Luke was a Gary Stu as well.

People are idiots. It's a kids movies literally designed to sell action figures. Top plebs lol
>>
>>63945179
Oh hey guy from Scooby Doo movie, what's your film life like
>>
>>63945179
>u
>then
>ur
>werent
Okay
>>
>>63945179
Remember when this gentleman complained about being 'disrespected' by Keifer Sutherland and said working with him was difficult because he thinks Keifer is 5'4"?
>>
>>63945535
>People forget Luke was a Gary Stu as well.
He got his ass kicked in like every movie. Or needed lots of help.
>>
>>63945535
>People are idiots. It's a kids movies literally designed to sell action figures.
You're right about that but Luke wasn't a Gary Stu. In A New Hope he was whiny and ineffectual. He only did one impressive thing in the entire movie.
>>
>>63945535

lmao

'luke was a gary stu' is my favorite new meme
>>
>>63945179
It's bullshit. Anakin and Luke were also incredible pilots but that's because they were force sensitive AND had also spent time bullseyeing wamp rats/pod-racing

Rey learns to fly a corelian cruiser in 30 seconds that Han still struggles with 35 years into owning. And Han is an elite pilot
>>
>>63945431
they can make you kill yourself and have more rights that you, they can kill your baby and get less time in jail for the same crime as you.
Also their voting demographic is why you lost all the elections you've been voting in.
>>
>>63945535
>gets hand chopped off
>nearly dies in the snow
>needs to be saved by han before he could get a chance to destroy the death star
>needs vader's help to finish palpatine off

sounds like a gary stu hur hur hur
>>
>>63945535
>>63945600
He also trained over the course of three movies
>>
>>63945348
>female power fantasy
What is this
Its a male sexual fantasy more like it
>>
>>63945535
He needed help doing every single thing, he's the opposite of Rey
>>
>>63945535
>spent most of A New Hope whining and being useless
>got his ass kicked MULTIPLE TIMES in The Empire Strikes Back
>had to be saved by Vader in Return of the Jedi
>Gary Stu
You're retarded.
>>
what is

>sexual market
>legislation
>college admissions
>scholarships
>employment
>>
To be fair, not being involved in the movie is something fair to be sour about, because if you were involved, Daisy would've fucked your brains out.
>>
>>63945535
Luke wasn't a Gary Stu

>knew how to fly because he was an experience T83 pilot
>not great at using the force (remember the blinder scene on the MF)
>didn't really understand how to harness the force until the end of Empire
>still got btfo by Vader
>finally got gud in RotJ but still struggled and had to get bailed out by vader
>>
File: ss (2015-12-21 at 10.01.47).png (91 KB, 606x908) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-21 at 10.01.47).png
91 KB, 606x908
>>63945179
>tfw can't into emojis
what do the footprints mean?
>>
>>63945535
>People forget Luke was a Gary Stu as well.
No Luke wasn't nearly as competent and flawless as Rey was.
>>
>>63945179
>Dead careers general
>>
>>63945179

Did this guy graduate high school?
>>
>>63945535
Luke was never a Gary Stu and if you think he was then you're a retard that doesn't know what the term means. If people want to point to an old Star Wars character and scream "GARY STU" to excuse Rey then point to Anakin in The Phantom Menace. He was one of the biggest Gary Stus of all time in that movie.
>>
File: idiots.png (92 KB, 628x749) Image search: [Google]
idiots.png
92 KB, 628x749
>>63945310
the tumblr generation, he knows who he is pandering to.
>>
>>63945842
who was that celebrity who communicated in mostly emojis and it made perfect sense?
>>
>>63945320
>>somehow an authority on filmmaking and story telling

Well he used to write for WWE lel
>>
>>63945763
We've only seen VII so who knows what happens in the new sequels. He fucking blows up the biggest and most well guarded weapon in the galaxy in the first movie and he's a teenager. How is that not Gary Stu?

Also, people forget Rey gets captured and then thrown back against a tree at the end, just because she gets back up again she endures no hardship during the movie?

She spent her entire life on her own, as opposed to Luke, who didn't, and was still the best pilot in the rebel fleet in like 1 or 2 days. Fuckouttahere. You guys are really latching onto this Mary Sue thing for nothing.
>>
File: fedora2.jpg (84 KB, 496x750) Image search: [Google]
fedora2.jpg
84 KB, 496x750
>>63945842
>it could be Lou or Louise Gehrig's disease
What the fuck how can you be that stupid
>>
>>63945535
Rey at the end of TFA is in the same place as Luke at the beginning of Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>63945925
Kirsten Dunst
>>
File: 1447430656141.jpg (10 KB, 567x405) Image search: [Google]
1447430656141.jpg
10 KB, 567x405
>mfw freddie prinze jr. got punked by jack 'manlet' bauer and cried about it
>>
It's fucking ridiculous how Star Wars suddenly turned into a sacred cow

not the prequels though, kek
>>
>>63945179
He didnt prove anyone wrong, he just insulted their opinions. Exactly what i would expect from someone who thinks she isnt a Mary Sue
>>
>>63945179
444 different people saw that and say "yes, this is a worthwhile opinion"
>>
>>63945984
>How is that not Gary Stu?
Because more things happened in that movie than blowing up the death star.

He got beaten up by sand people. Had to be saved in the cantina. Han and Leia both looked down on him when they first met him. His rescue plan was a disaster. When practicing with the lightsaber he took a lot of hits.
Han even had to save him just before blowing up the death star.

That is how he is not Gary Stu.
Succeed at one thing doesn't make you a fucking Gary Stu.
>>
>>63945984
Luke spends all of his free time on tattooine shooting wamp rats in his mini fighter. Plus he is the son of an extremely powerful Jedi. That's why he's such a good pilot. Just like how Anakin could pod-race
>>
>>63946204
Don't forget that he had help blowing up the death star from Obi Wan's ghost
>>
>>63946121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw

a few years from now when the nostalgia goggles have worn out, fans will turn against the sequel trilogy just the fans retroactively hate the prequels.
>>
File: toy-fair-freddie-prinze-jr-1.jpg (77 KB, 550x403) Image search: [Google]
toy-fair-freddie-prinze-jr-1.jpg
77 KB, 550x403
Guys, he's literally under contract with Lucasfilm/Disney right now.
>>
>>63945911
That person should know that asking freddie Prinze Jr. if he has work lined up is a ridiculous question. Of fucking course not.
>>
>>63946407
Those faggots dressed like shit and dueling with their light sabers are the worst part of the world.

Also.
>there are 8 wonders of the world, this movie is one of them
>This movie is one of them
>this movie
>TPM

KEK
>>
>>63945842
BASED MAX
A
S
E
D

M
A
X
>>
>>63945984
Luke got his ass kicked and nearly died multiple times in A New Hope. Obi-Wan saved him, R2-D2 saved him, Han Solo saved him. Plus he would've never blown up the death star if Obi-Wan hadn't guided him.
>>
>>63946407
I went to the phantom menace and none of the others, same with my group of friends.
>>
>>63946407
This clip, btw, shows that chicks have always dug star wars
>>
There's attitude going around now that "If you don't love Rey then you are a sexist piece of shit and your opinion does not matter"

I've been blocked by a number of small time media people who work for reputable sites for pointing out why someone would consider Rey more a Mary Sue than Luke.

It's crazy town. It won't be long before we have full blown articles about how the only people that don't like TFA are mens rights activists and serial rapists.
>>
>>63945179
Most of his movies were sexist as shit, what the fuck is this cuck talking about?
>>
The problem with calling her a Mary Sue is that it is inaccurate.

Mary Sue is a female character written by a woman where it is clearly obvious that she's basically writing her own fantasy autobiography.

Take for instance the Sookie Stackhouse books.

Rey is not wish fulfillment she is just a poorly written way OP character like batman.
>>
>>63945984
>We've only seen VII so who knows what happens in the new sequels. He fucking blows up the biggest and most well guarded weapon in the galaxy in the first movie and he's a teenager. How is that not Gary Stu?

Because he struggles the entire way there. Blowing up the Death Star is his single moment of triumph at the end of the end of the movie, and even then he needed a lot of help. Everything before it is him failing and learning.

>Also, people forget Rey gets captured and then thrown back against a tree at the end, just because she gets back up again she endures no hardship during the movie?

She get's captured and rescues herself almost immediately.

It's not a check box where if she gets hurt once, or faces a single set back then you mark it down and she's immediately not a Mary Sue.

It's more the general tone of her entire character. She excels at everything and rarely needs help. Compare that to Luke who basically is constantly being saved and helped by friends and family.
>>
So we're in agreement that Kylo saved Rey back in the day and knew she was on Jakku the whole time?
>>
>>63946692
Well this is 4chan, and you are likely an MRA if you're posting on it
>>
File: 1408852886276.jpg (16 KB, 549x543) Image search: [Google]
1408852886276.jpg
16 KB, 549x543
>>63945179
If 4chan suddenly goes on a warpath painting Rey as a Mary Sue, that means the Horseshoe Theory is correct. 4chan will be out SJW-ing the SJWs.
>>
>>63947942
tumblr pls

4chan is for chaos and only chaos
>>
>>63948052
>2010+5
>thinking 4chan is still chaos
>muh legion

hownu.ru

This site has been tame since 09.
>>
>>63948170
Been here since 06 newfag
>>
>>63948052
/co/ here
We will stop you
>>
Revan=Mary Sue
Rey=Revan
Rey=Mary Sue
>>
File: adopted.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
adopted.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
Yeah, when people take to twitter to try and unequivocally shame me for calling a character a Mary Sue something's up

It's feminism. I'll fucking say it. It's feminism and people have a vested interest in Rey being a positive role model. But she's just as much of a Mary Sue as Shun Kurosaki from Yugioh Arc-V or Kira Yamato from Gundam SEED Destiny or Drizzt from DnD

She's also making me cynical about writing because at this point I'm beginning to doubt people care about character depth at all
>>
>>63945179

That Freddie Prince Jr. is functionally illiterate.
>>
>>63949646

>anime

Post ignored.
>>
File: huh.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
Well what should I call a character who is a master mechanic, peerless melee fighter, New Captain of the Millenium Falcon, and an Advanced Jedi even without training?
>>
>>63945179
Dude, come on twitter post are not television or film.
>>
>>63945179
Who the fuck is this and why should I care?
>>
>>63949646
All you have to do to be successful anymore is pander to feminist sensibilities. They eat anything up that even remotely hints at "hurr grrrrl power". They might shit on you for not being perfect enough, but they'll still buy it because regardless.
>>
>>63945535
>B-b-but why does the hero win in the end!?!?!?!?!
Because it's the hero you nuts
>>
>>63945179
wow good argument
>>
>>63945179
It reminds me how stupid a lot of famous people are.

This guy was a writer for the WWE at one point. The lowest point.
>>
>>63945911

It saddens me that there are people out there that speak this way. I'm only thankful I don't know any of them personally.
>>
>>63946837
She is clearly written to appeal to all females fantasies though.

It's basically Disney writing a mary sue for women to self insert into.
>>
>>63949742
MaRey Sue
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.