[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were there no ghosts in the prequels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: JediGhosts-ROTJ.png (3 MB, 1900x816) Image search: [Google]
JediGhosts-ROTJ.png
3 MB, 1900x816
Why were there no ghosts in the prequels?
>>
>>63944948
this picture gets me everytime
its so fucking stupid
>>
>>63944948

In Revenge of the Sith Yoda tells Obi Wan there is a way for him to communicate with his old master Quigon. Hinting at force ghost shit.

Wouldn't really be relevant to the story before then anyways.
>>
>training, I have for you
>an old friend has learned the path to immortality
>one who has returned from the netherworld of the force
>your old master

did you even pay attention, qui gonn was the first ghost in a long time and spoke to yoda
>>
>>63944948
The end of the Clone Wars animated series touches on that if you consider that canon. Yoda ends up going to Korriban (Sith Homeworld) all alone.
>>
>>63945080
Well, if there are like hundreds of jedis around, I'm sure ghosts would be more frequent also? Why noit have a few of those old jedi master ghosts on the council?
>>
>>63945079
I really wonder what was going on in Luke's head

>Who the fuck is this guy on the left?
>Why is he smiling?
>Why is he here?
>Why do Yoda and Ben act like they know him?
>Why does his head look detached from the rest of his body?

seriously, Luke would have NO IDEA who this guy was
>>
>>63945323
Yeah.. and why the fuck is he young?
Obi wan is old.. yoda looks old also, but he always did.
>>
>>63944948
i can't stop keking at yoda's ghost
>>
Obi-Wan and Yoda focused their training for decades to become one with the Force.

One could argue, Vader did the same in his meditation chamber.

I doubt most other Jedi became one with the force in the same way. Windu focused on saber fighting, Palpatine was after power, Lots of jedi were conscripted youth doing whatever the council told them to do.
>>
>>63946041
What about palpatine?
>>
Do you think there'll be force ghosts in the next movies? Why wouldn't Anakin just tell Kylo to stop being a faggot?
>>
>>63944948
in canon, yoda doesn't learn how to be a force ghost until right before the events of Episode III

The part about it in TCW is actually pretty good
>>
File: mac_tonight.gif (168 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mac_tonight.gif
168 KB, 300x300
GOD THE PREQUELS SUCK SO MUCH

AM I RIGHT GUYS????

LUCAS IS A HACK

DID YOU SEE WHAT HE DID TO THE SPECIAL EDITIONS????

HEY GUYS CHECK OUT RED LETTER MEDIA ON YOUTUBE THEY ARE HILARIOUS!!! HEARD OF THEM???
>>
>>63948542
Snoke IS a force ghost
;^)
>>
>>63945322
It's expanded upon in The Clone Wars. There's a specific ritual and rite of passage that a jedi needs to go through in order to become a ghost. Qui-Gon only completed it partially, which is why he only appears as a disembodied voice after his death. Yoda manages to complete the whole process in TCW.
>>
>>63945240
That's where the force priestesses are right?
>>
>>63945240
>if you consider that canon
It doesn't matter what we think is canon. It matters what Disney decides is canon, which all of TCW is, Lost Missions and incomplete episodes and all.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.