[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one of his works would you like to see adapted into film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
Which one of his works would you like to see adapted into film the most?
>>
it's not about adapting specific lovecraft stories, you redditpleb, it's about adapting his elements
>>
On the Creation of Niggers
>>
From how well he hated niggers and foreigners why didn't they include then as evil antagonists in his books? Why a tentacled godzilla instead?
>>
>>63941895
After reading some of his stuff, I feel like some of it has been or at least people have been "inspired" by a lot of it.
>>
File: Dagon-2.jpg (191 KB, 1407x791) Image search: [Google]
Dagon-2.jpg
191 KB, 1407x791
None of them. I think they should take his ideas further instead of trying to stay "true" to his writings.

People don't seem to get that the stories themselves are mediocre. The entire point of Lovecraft is that he broke from conventional horror to something larger. While horror before him was based upon spoopy skeletons and religious themes. Lovecraft's horror is based in the thought that human life isn't the center of the universe-it's not even a speck of dust. And there's things and powers roaming around in the universe so powerful and malignant that if humanity ever was able to gain their attention, they would destroy us with a thought. And those great powerful things have lesser beings that worship them and are still higher on the food chain than humanity and would view us as a food source if they even cared enough to notice us or their biology even could use us as a food source.

I'd like someone to take that line of thought in a new direction.
>>
File: cleverstory_ss01.png (9 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
cleverstory_ss01.png
9 KB, 1280x960
>>63942214

Yeah but none of that matters because he wrote the word "nigger" a few times in his stories, so he's admonished by SJWs.

I kinda hope that one day we learn that the people who ultimately figured out some of the leading medical advancements were racist and sexist as fuck, so that way SJWs and feminists will kill themselves by way of neglect because "any idea born of a racist/sexist is not an idea I wish to use or celebrate."
>>
>>63941895
>hated niggers
>loved cats

He was a true patrician.
>>
>>63942647
Not that I agree with your downplaying of HPL's extreme-even-for-the-time xenophobia or your conflation of any anti-racist thought with SJWism, but James Watson came out of the closet years ago
>>
>>63942768
>loved cats
>his cat named Nigger Man
Proof that HPL loved black people desu
>>
>>63942794
Nigger, please.

SJWs would erase HP Lovecraft from existence if they had the chance.

Fuck your "xenophobia" and fuck your "anti-racism".

Lovecraft will always be an icon unlike you and your fellow niggers.
>>
>>63942907
I don't see what this response has to do with anything I stated
>>
>>63942647
>the people who ultimately figured out some of the leading medical advancements were racist and sexist as fuck
What the fuck do you mean 'one day'? That is literally common knowledge already.
>>
File: Cthulhu Tree.jpg (123 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu Tree.jpg
123 KB, 540x720
>>63941895
Shadow Over Innsmouth. A proper one, not that Dagon film.
The Mountains of Madness.
Besides those, most of them are kinda impossible to put to film.
>>
>>63942794
>HPL's extreme-even-for-the-time xenophobia

You're kidding right? The man married a Jew.

He grew out of his edgy hardcore racist phase, and SJWs absolutely do harp on about it like anyone in their 20s has ever had anything worthwhile to say on the political front in the history of mankind.
>>
>>63942794
>typical SA-tier scattershot of bullshit, non-truths and weak catch-all examples

:::snoooooore::: Next time apply yourself.
>>
File: An Average Session of CoC.jpg (378 KB, 635x895) Image search: [Google]
An Average Session of CoC.jpg
378 KB, 635x895
>>63942049
One of his Reanimator stories had a black guy be the main zombie.
Hilariously, it's probably the best of the Reanimators, which are mostly terrible compared to his other works.
>>
anything from his personal racist collection.

FUCK YOU BLACK ANON, STOP FUCKING IT UP MATE
>>
>>63943010
No, I wasn't kidding. Also, I don't care about SJWs.

You lot have very shallow knowledge, can't seem to read for comprehension, and are reactionary to an absurd degree. Am I interacting with algorithms?
>>
None
>>
>>63943218
SA please, no one is daunted by you. Just go
>>
>>63943218
>You lot
Oh gee. This again.
>>
When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.
>>
>>63942794
>James Watson

Oh you mean the James Watson who is racist against black people? THAT James Watson? Surely you mean a whole other James Watson, and not the extreme racist who just happened to co-discover DNA
>>
The Color From Outer Space by Del Toro would be great
>>
>>63942959
You don't get to feign confusion when you get BTFO nigger.
>>
>>63943339
Yes, that's the James Watson I meant and that's exactly the information I intended to convey. What is your IQ?
>>
>>63943218
>Words

Christ, you're an uppity cunt.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.