[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rome vs Deadwood, who wins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: al deadwood.jpg (288 KB, 1400x972) Image search: [Google]
al deadwood.jpg
288 KB, 1400x972
Rome vs Deadwood, who wins?
>>
>>63938537
deadwood you cocksucker. only hoopleheads would say rome
>>
Rome is a great show but Deadwood is perhaps the finest thing ever broadcast on television. It's just head and shoulders above anything else really.
>>
No need to pit them against each other. Both are top notch quality, but are set in entirely different worlds, with entirely different needs in their production. A comparison is kind of useless desu.
>>
File: 13.jpg (162 KB, 1715x1009) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
162 KB, 1715x1009
i gotta agree with you guys, they're equal and deadwood only wins because it has a 3rd season.

muh 13
>>
Tough choice. On the one hand Rome is full of nothing but based characters doing based things, but rushes the second half of the second season.

Deadwood kind of squanders its longer run on a lot of its god awful side characters (basically any female character).

I have to go with Rome. Swedgin was god tier, but the rest of Rome's great characters just feel underrepresented and only have a few "moments."
>>
TRUE ROMAN BREAD FOR TRUE ROMANS?

or

SOAP! SOAP WITH A PRIZE INSIDE!
>>
>>63938537
Rome S1=Deadwood S1=Carnivale S1>Deadwood S2=Rome S2>Carnivale S2=Deadwood S3
>>
>>63939167
soap guy was a scam artist

the newspeaker for deadwood was Merrick
>>
deadwood is watchable

rome is a complete mess
>>
>>63938537

Deadwood. Easily. Rome's still fun but Deadwood is a hell of a lot better.
>>
File: 1449137343228.jpg (22 KB, 336x352) Image search: [Google]
1449137343228.jpg
22 KB, 336x352
>>63939677
shots fired
>>
Deadwood
And I haven't even watched it yet.
There is just no way that it is worse than the miserable pile that Rome is.
>>
>>63938537
Rome is good but Deadwood is pretty much modern Shakespeare
>>
deadwood easily. Rome is a fun romp
>>
>>63938716
Not really
>>
Deadwood, way too much unnecessary sex scenes in Rome
>>
>>63941421
you watched it with your mom didn't you?
>>
>>63941475
Nope I watched it alone, like everything I do
>>
Deadwood no question. Taken out of context Rome is not that great, which was a supremely disappointing discovery.
>>
>>63941419
Great reply
>>
>>63941643
meant for
>>63941502
>>
Fucking Deadwood is the fucking best fucking show on fucking tv since fucking tv was fucking invented you fucking cocksucking motherfuckers
>>
>>63939626
merrick is a cocksucker
>>
>>63938537
Deadwood was supposed to be set in Rome during the ministry of St. Paul. Checkmate, Romefags.
>>
Deadwood. Rome is full of degenerate titty-lickers, square-headed children, celestials, and dirt worshippers.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 500x407
>>
>>63938951
>squanders its longer run on a lot of its god awful side characters

14Now the body is not a single part, but many. 15If a foot should say, “Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body. 16Or if an ear should say, “Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? 18But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body. 21The eye cannot say to the hand, “I do not need you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I do not need you.” 22Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary, 23and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety, 24whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give greater honor to a part that is without it, 25so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another. 26If [one] part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.
>>
>>63943537
Best episode never made was between Season 1 and 2 where Swearengen went out and dug that caravan out of the snow by hand despite the hopelessness and his scorn for them earlier
>>
>>63938897
>>63938951
>Deadwood equal to Rome

Bury that offal in the shepherd's pie
>>
>>63943455
August commencement to my administration, standing stymied outside a saloon next to a degenerate tit-licker.
>>
>>63943595
does bosom mean tit?
>>
>>63943935
What part of my part is your part? Is your foot your knee?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.