[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Kylo Ren really weak? Even the black guy managed to get the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16
File: kylo.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
Is Kylo Ren really weak?

Even the black guy managed to get the upper hand on him in a one-on-one dual, the only reason Ren won that fight was because of his bullshit side-lasers. Then Rei destroys him without a scratch.

You can argue that this was because Ren was shot in the leg by Chewbacca, but:

a) He clearly seemed to be getting energy from the pain
b) He has been trained in lightsabers by both Luke and Snoke. Fin has only used it once before and had his ass handed to him by a stormtrooper anyway
c) Why did he allow himself to be hit by Chewie's distant pot-shot anyway?

Even in the scene showing him killing Luke's new Jedis, he has about 5 other guys surrounding him who seemed to be doing most of the work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of anyone Ren actually succeeds in killing in this movie, aside from two defenceless old men.
>>
>>63937111
He is.

He represents the modern day young, angry edgy, white male emo faggot.
>>
well I dunno if VII will break the box office records but it sure is on track to beat the shitposting meme copypasta records
>>
>>63937111
Of course he was weak. Ass handed to him by literally a five year old child. Not even a Darth.

Film felt like I was watching a schoolyard fight.
>>
This movie is basically his start too.
Episode 8 will include his training as well as Rey's. They will be heavily paralleled.

He only just killed his dad in this movie. He still throws tantrums, he will grow
>>
>>63937111
The reason black guy got the upperhand is because it's a movie and he's the hero.
The reason Rei won is because it's a movie and she's also the hero.
>>
Is Rey the most important character ever on a cultural level in the recent movie history?
>>
Kylo was toying with Finn. If you notice immediately after Finn tags Kylo with his lightsaber he disarms him and then blows his spine the fuck out.
>>
Right now, Kylo is at that 'Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar' level of his progression, except less talented.

Rei fucking up his ego was the equivalent of Obi Wan cutting off Anakin's limbs and leaving him to die. At the end of the movie when Snoke says 'it's time his training was completed', I'm assuming this means Ren will become some kind of much more powerful, bio-mechanical monster (like Vader).
>>
FFS people

>Takes bowcaster shot!
>He is physically injured.

>Kills his father.
>Emotionally unstable. Unable to focus with the force properly hence the bowcaster shot getting to him.

>fight with Ren
>can barely nudge the saber from the snow with the force due to lack of focus.
>Only comes out once Ren starts pulling it.
>>
>>63937111
He was not in control of his emotions at all
>>
>gets blasted in the gut with a bowcaster (rips apart Stormtroopers, sending them flying)
>just killed his dad
>still a new apprentice to the dark side and conflicted

He immediately wrecks Finn once he gets a lucky shot in as well.
>>
>>63937575
>Fights with Rey
>Rey gets BTFOd
>Meditates in 3 seconds
>Suddenly just destroys ren
>>
>>63937111
That's the whole point of the character. He's extremely weak in the force and knew it, that's why he turns to the Dark side to gain more power. Same reason he kills Han.
>>
>>63937912
It was enough to tip the scales. If Kylo was not injured it would not have mattered though and she would have got owned.
>>
>>63938052
I don't believe so see >>63937964. I think he is just a very weak force user and is not okay with that cause he wants to live up to his family lineage.
>>
>>63937111
>Ren was shot in the leg by Chewbacca

Did you see how much shit his Bowcaster fucked up? Remember that scene where Han fired it. If he was a normal dude he would have been blown to shit. He was hella wounded for that fight.
>>
>>63938119
At the beginning he stops a laser blast mid air in the fight with ray he can barely pull the lightsaber in the snow. Obviously He is suffering mentally and physically.
>>
>>63937111
>That rift after the fight
I'm sure it symbolizes something but i'm too stupid to figure out what
>>
>>63937964
This. He's the son of Leia (weak with the force) and Han Solo, who barely believes in it.
>>
>>63937573

I agree except for the monster part; my impression is that Vader was weakened by being messed up so bad. Even Sheev would have preferred that it didn't happen because it made him less worthy as a successor, which was why he got stuck in permanent henchman status.

Ren on the other hand still might have the potential for Snoke to turn him into a really respectable sith lord or whatever they're called now, so like you said that could be how he gets to the next level of badass villainy.
>>
File: fingermeme.jpg (32 KB, 360x224) Image search: [Google]
fingermeme.jpg
32 KB, 360x224
He only lost because he didn't use the accusing finger.
>>
File: 2543229-oh_my_sides!.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
2543229-oh_my_sides!.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>63938544
>Leia (weak with the force)
>>
>>63938544

>weak with the force

She clearly felt it when Han got some hot saber throught his chest
>>
File: 1345357666907.jpg (634 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1345357666907.jpg
634 KB, 2048x1536
Why are people forgetting it took the combined efforts of Han, Chewbacca, Finn AND Rey just to knock Kylo on his ass and scar him?
>>
>>63937239

He is weak because he is conflicted. He wants to be Sith like, but he is drawn towards the light of the Jedi about as much. The ambivalence is killing him. Sorta like Jenner.
>>
>>63938864

>combined efforts

That's a bit much. Han was defenceless/basically executed and Chewie fired 1 shot at Ren (from a great distance) before pissing off to the Falcon.

Rey and Finn fought Ren on one at a time; for Rey it was her first time using a lightsaber EVER. Remember, he was hitting his wound with his hand to gain focus.
>>
>>63939176
Han shook him up. Chewie shot him with the strongest SW gun.

Finn tired him, then clipped his shoulder.

>for Rey it was her first time using a lightsaber EVER

How much of a retard do you have to be to think that?
>>
>>63938260
That's middle tier force man. Stopping a laser isn't very impressive.
>>
File: JJ-Abrams.jpg (42 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
JJ-Abrams.jpg
42 KB, 640x350
>>63937111
>>
File: 1450663265049.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450663265049.webm
2 MB, 720x304
He was just playing with Finn
>>
>>63937111
Kylo was shot by Chewie before the fight. He was nowhere near 100% during there fight.
>>
- He got shot by the fucking bow caster, a weapon we saw knock storm troopers back 15 feet and blow shit up.
- Emotionally unstable from killing his father AND being challenged by Rei in the first place. Han solo caressing his face probably fucked with his head.
- No mask
- Rei was protecting her friend (shit gives you light side points)
- He was sweating like crazy even when he fought Finn
- Rei focused and "let go," just like Luke
>>
File: 1450664751374.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450664751374.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>63939554
That does not excuse the fact she had no training whatsoever, I get he was hurt but no way he would even get scratched from either of them. Fucking Luke and Snoke trained him
>>
File: 14504734661922.jpg (8 KB, 207x201) Image search: [Google]
14504734661922.jpg
8 KB, 207x201
>>63939632
>He LITERALLY has the high ground
>still loses
JJ has ruined the pottery!
>>
so /tv/ I just heard a rumor and I was wondering if it was true
Is Luke hiding on Earth? and all life on this planet came from him much like Prometheus?
>>
>>63939632
Goddamn this scene

I don't have epilepsy but I was struggling to keep my eyes open while the rapidly flashing white lights were showing
>>
>>63937111
Just came back from watching the movie and holy shit I'm surprised that this guy was just a whiny little bitch. I wished Rey would've cut off his microscopical small nuts.
>>
>>63938831
>She clearly felt it when Han got some hot saber throught his chest
felt it yes, but she never learned to control it. I'm assuming epigenetics are a thing in SW.
>>
>>63939632
All she does is fucking wail on him.
>>
hey guys JJ Abrams just wrote a 100% original copypasta sponsored by disney

What the toy story truck did you just toy story trucking say about me, you little Elsa? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Monster's Inc, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on originality, and I have over 300 confirmed shills. I am trained in jewnomics and I’m the top shekel earner in the entire US movie business. You are nothing to me but just another customer. I will wipe creative thought the toy story truck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my toy story trucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shara to me over the Internet? Think again, goyim. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of jews across the ocean and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the sequel storm, you little תולעת. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call great storytelling. It's toy story trucking dead, kid. I can say anything, anytime, and I can kill Han Solo in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have never even been in a real fight and learned watching what other people did in movies and copied it frame for frame. And I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable white privilege off the face of the continent, you little chara. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price $15 ticket plus food, you goddamn idiot. I will shrek fury all over the movies you love, and you will drown in it. You’re toy story trucking dead, kiddo. and so is han solo
>>
>>63939632
>>63939372
Is there a webm of the Finn/Kylo fight? Everyone keeps posting that Finn kicked his ass but for some reason I remember it happening the complete opposite way
>>
>>63940081

Finn gets the first hit in and the duel generally seems evenly matched, Kylo forces Finn into a saber-lock and uses his saber's wrist guard to singe Finn's shoulder. This gives Kylo the chance to kick away Finn's lightsaber and slash his back.
>>
>>63937111
he was distracted by the recent killing of his dad
>>
>implied his training isn't even complete
>people surprised he's weak

He's going to be very powerful in Episode VIII. VIII will be the Empire Strikes Back of this trilogy, so I expect him to fight Rey and win.
>>
>>63937111
>a) He clearly seemed to be getting energy from the pain
Jesus Christ, you're retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 282x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 282x300
>>63937111
He wasn't shot in the leg you mongoloid. He was shot in the guts. With a gun the movie went out of its way 50 times to show how fucking powerful it was.

And you still didn't get it, you poor retarded asshole.
>>
>>63937111
Duh. He's untrained. He's a crybaby. He's a punk. That's the main characteristic of Kylo Ren.

Little did ya'll know that he got most of the development in this movie and our protags didn't; this'll make the drama in the next films a lot better.
>>
>>63939632

hmm....it looked like he was going easy on her.
>>
>>63937575
>>can barely nudge the saber from the snow with the force due to lack of focus.

The only reason that happened was because the same thing happened in Empire and we all remember Episodes 4/5/6 don't we with all the fucking references to them in 7 Jesus Christ.
>>
>>63940947
He ended the film just like Anakin did in episode III I can't believe people don't realize that he's gonna be much stronger this next time around
>>
>>63941128
Or he'll be completely betrayed by Snoke and turn, you know, the options are open. That's the most important thing that was done in this film. People are complaining about the protagonists but there's three of them now, all filling in for the singular Luke in the original trilogy. They'll all have their time too, but honestly Kylo stands on his own in a way Vader didn't in ANH.
>>
>>63937159
>weak
>stopped a blaster in midair and took down an entire jedi academy
>>
>>63941195

I can see Kylo going the way of Maul in the next film.
>>
>>63941278
He'll become a silent gay man whose only character trait is doing ballet like flips?
>>
>>63937159
Well I guess an emo white faggot is still better than a dindu since he beat finn while injured.
>>
>>63941067
He was. He was trying to turn her to to the dark side.
>>
>>63941090
>Stops laser mid air no problem
>Has trouble pulling saber from snow after getting injured

You think the ONLY reason they put it in is because it happened in another episode. Jesus you people are fucking retarded.
>>
TELL ME ABOUT KYLO REN

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?
>>
>>63941504

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED CLONE!
>>
>>63939632
Did she take his hand off?
>>
>>63941583
Perhaps he's wondering why you would stab a man before throwing him off a bridge?
>>
>>63941642
Nah it was just his accusing finger
>>63938598
>>
>>63939632

My gosh I didn't notice how terrifying Rey was at that scene.
>>
>>63941716
Rey Palpatine
>>
>>63937111
>Fin has only used it once before and had his ass handed to him by a stormtrooper anyway

Implying storm troopers didn't receive training with melee weapons
>>
>>63941716

Compare the choreography she uses to other lightsaber battles in the series. Most notably, it features two obvious similarities

>Luke's lightsaber fighting in his final duel against Vader in RotJ (all dem wild overhead chops)
>Palpatine (forward stabs)

Whatever she tapped into in that brief moment, it was probably some Dark Side power.
>>
>>63941829
>it was probably some Dark Side power.

Well yeah just look at her expression while she's pacing over Kylo. She's fucking seething. She was going to slaughter his ass. Very not-jedi.
>>
>>63941829
>thrusting is dark side power
>she was making up for a lack of reach
>implying Rapier style fighting won't be best use of lightsabers
>>
>>63941875

She might have too if the planet literally exploding under their feet didn't stop her.
>>
>>63941958

Hey I'm just saying what it was reminiscent of. More to the point, it was a very, VERY aggressive style, and that's definitely more associated with Dark Side shit.
>>
File: 1445439376520.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1445439376520.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>63941974
Luke's going to have his hands full when he starts training this prodigy bitch

>The girl has no patience
>>
>>63942033
She was using the same tactics during the first half of the fight which was purely defensive.
>>
>>63939632
What gets cut at 0:40? When I saw it, I thought it was his leg, but he clearly still has both legs.
>>
>>63942215

He gets slashed across the face.
>>
>>63942215

He damaged his leg but not enought to cut it out. Just like Dooku did to Obi Wan at EpII
>>
>>63937193
you serious? it already broke a bunch of records.
>>
>>63941278
na he's too important to the story to die
>>
>>63942266
Nah, that's a few moments later, after another bladelock.

>>63942277
That's the conclusion I'd reached, but thought maybe I was missing something someone else picked up on. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>63942215
It was merely his cape. HA
>>
>>63941224
This.
Some people seem to forget he done this.
>>
>>63941875
what would've happened if the planet hadn't collapsed?
>>
>>63942617
That midair blaster freeze set the bar way too high on how strong he was supposed to look.
>>
>>63942722
She definitely would have killed him.
>>
>>63942725
Well surviving that shit from the bowcaster seemed to take some spring out of his step.
>>
>>63937111
>Even the black guy managed to get the upper hand on him in a one-on-one dual
You didn't watch the movie, is that what you're saying? Ren was whopping the fuck out of Finn, and then Finn got literally one lucky hit in before Ren decided to end it. Never once did Finn get the upper hand.
>>
File: Kylo_Ren_versus_Finn.webm (3 MB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ren_versus_Finn.webm
3 MB, 568x320
>>63940081
Yeah, Finn gets his shit rocked pretty bad.
>>
>>63937111
He is a character with a lot of inner conflict. His force is weaker than it should be. If he was completely dark with no light inclinations what so ever he would be fucking godly. he fights these people after he just killed his father, and his mind was probably clouded and he couldn't focus as well as he could have. Tjis is no argument to how Rey is able to defeat a highly trained sith apprentice, but it is a theory. His force is weaker than it should be because of hiss inner conflict, which probably translates to his lightsaber skills. and also the fact that he was shot in the fucking abdomen. No matter how tough you are or how much you hit it to look cool your motor skills will still be lacking because of the pain. and tjis pain could have been a contributing factor in clouding his mind as well as the conflict. overall he was in very poor condition to fight but still should have kicked Rey's ass.

TLDR: he was in poor condition to fight because he killed his dad and was shot.
>>
>>63939870
If you take the prequels and throw them in the garbage, then the only Jedi are Luke, Vader, and Obi.

Those fights were basically on par with this one.

Plus Rey was a fairly skilled staff fighter, so at least there's an excuse for her to be fair in melee. Throw in some ForcExMachina and Kylo being blasted by a heavy laser and yea...I can see this fight being pretty even.

At least the movie went out of its way to establish that the Bowcaster hit like a truck, Rey could use melee, Kylo was untrained and unstable, and Kylo had been tapped by Finn.

It's a hell of a lot better than Darth Maul absently standing around with his eyes crossed.
>>
File: 1450663854740.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450663854740.webm
2 MB, 720x304
>>63940081
>>
>>63937111
It doesn't make sense, his powers and lack there of are necessities to the plot. He can't be allowed to kill the black guy and the magical female heroine. Despite the fact that earlier he shows incredible force powers we've never seen before, stopping a blaster in mid flight like it's nothing. Even wounded no one is close to a match for him.
>>
File: 1450664161818.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450664161818.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>63943770
>>
>>63943704

There's also the fact that he likely had never fought another Force-user in a straight-up duel like that before.
>>
>>63943839
especially wielding a lightsaber. I can see him facing some apprentice with the force but probably not armed with a light saber.
>>
>>63943823
>kylo can't use the force to just kill this guy in 2 seconds
>>
Finn is a trained soldier, why would he not have any hand to hand combat experieince.

Anyway, Finn is force sensitive. If Ren's and alien grandma's intial reaction to him are anything to go by.
>>
>>63944175

Watch that fight, he's specifically showing off and toying with Finn. He had him knocked on his ass and at his mercy twice and both times didn't go for a killing strike. The second time, Finn actually takes advantage of it and scores a lucky hit, and then IMMEDIATELY Kylo disarms him and fucks his shit up.
>>
>>63937111
he was shot in the gut you dumb fuck
>>
>>63944284
>Finn is a trained soldier, why would he not have any hand to hand combat experieince.

he does, he at least knows how to handle a blade, even if he's constantly on the defensive blocking in both of his fights.
>>
>>63937912
considering he's alive he was hardly destroyed

fucking plebs seriously
>>
the amount of plebs questioning the most easily explained shit (as some anons are doing a great job of showing) is really triggering me. I'm leaving.
>>
>>63944338
hmm i just torrented the cam. ill watch again
>>
>>63942056
that'll be great desu senpai

he's training her, maybe sparring and she's constantly switching fighting styles from Light to Dark.
>>
i FUCKING HATE the way they used the lightsabers.
1) the energy beam has no weight to it--all the weight is in the hilt itself and from pressure caused by contact with another lightsaber. In TFA they're swinging the sabers around like medieval swords that have momentum. COMPLETELY WRONG FUCK YOU
2) Kylo Ren's lightsaber is fucking retarded. A crossguard of mini-lightsabers?? How the fuck do you twirl a (supposed to be night-weightless) lightsaber around without cutting off your own fucking wrist?
I enjoyed the movie, but they FUCKED the lightsaber combat / utility style.
>>
>>63944544
it's because the crystal is cracked in his saber, so is more out of control, hence needed two extra vents..

I really hate u dumb plebs watching the most simple of movies
>>
kylo ren is was weakened physically and emtionally and as far as we can see he has normal jedi aptitude, he hasn't gotten tat deep dark side boots

he's also a fucking dweeb

all of this is okay, though
>>
>>63944544
you know in the OT they treated lightsabers like they had weight and originally wanted them to be only wielded with two hands
>>
>>63937111

Kylo demolished Finn in the lightsabre fight. He was toying with him, got cocky, and Finn got in a lucky blow. The reason he lost against Rey was again, because he wasn't focused, and tried to make an offer. He was winning the fight up until the point where he said he could teach her the ways of the Force, at which point she pulled that weird ki thing out of her ass and won. He was obviously very thrown off by her resisting his mind control, which was why he was freaking out to Snoke.

Can we at least agree that he's going to be the best part of the new trilogy, regardless of whether or not he wins or loses at the end?
>>
>>63944544

Here's a video just for your spergy whiny ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIefj6dOhnM
>>
>>63941278
Getting pissed at Snoke and deciding to use his dark side training to oppose and overthrow him?
>>
1: He was shot in the stomach. He kept bleeding and beating his wound to make himself bleed and hurt more.
2: By the time he was done exerting himself into erasing Finn's spine from existence, he had lost a lot of blood. You can see that because he gets more and more pale as the fight goes on.
3: You can tell that by the time he's chasing Rey away, he's barely able to hold his saber anymore. He's using full arm swings instead of the fancy shit he was doing to Finn.
4: He didn't want to kill Rey. Rey had the map to Skywalker in her mind. In addition, Rey was a strong Force user that Snoke wanted.
5: He even offered to take Rey on as an apprentice.
6: He just fucking killed his dad. He might be putting on airs as a strong mother fucker, but he doesn't have his mask anymore. He's deeply affected by a lot of shit going on.

Kylo Ren is very fucking strong, he didn't even come close to having his A game in this sequence. He can stop blaster shots midair that kill Storm Troopers in single shots, he can read peoples' minds, he executes the most powerful Force pushing abilities ever seen in the films, and he trained with both Luke and Snoke. However, I feel Snoke's training has all been in the philosophical sense because the guy's old and decrepit. Snoke was basically Kylo Ren's Yoda.

Even as strong as Luke was, he was never too great with a light saber. In fact, we see absolutely zero evidence that there have been more light sabers built since Luke's other than Kylo Ren's - which uses Vader's Kyber crystal.

This guy isn't a fully fledged force wielder, but he is strong. He lost a single fight.

In the past (and this was strongly implied in the novels), he fought Luke fucking Skywalker to a standstill. That's part of the source of his pain - he couldn't beat his weak, mewling uncle when Vader could.
>>
>>63944786
aye I thought Driver was awesome. especially his voice under the mask. I hope he gets a cooler new suit in the sequel.
>>
>>63943623
TRAAITOOOR!!
>>
>>63944786
>Can we at least agree that he's going to be the best part of the new trilogy, regardless of whether or not he wins or loses at the end?

He was my favorite part of this movie at least. It feels like his conflict and actions are the primary driver of the plot, rather than Finn or Rey's.
>>
I liked how when he didn't have his mask on, as he turns to Hux he quickly turns back to Snoke.

it's like he felt naked without his "Vader" mask. which shows that he's a young dude trying to copy someone, thus being weak/ish in the force at the moment and sloppy. it fucking shows all this with his outbursts etc

some of u are massive plebs seriously how can u not understand any of this.

would be great in the sequel if he gets a Vader helmet and that freaks Luke the fuck out when he confronts him.
>>
>>63945195
/thread
>>
File: 1448765897218.jpg (36 KB, 309x331) Image search: [Google]
1448765897218.jpg
36 KB, 309x331
https://strawpoll.me/6308335

Consensus must be reached
>>
File: 1448495932681.jpg (46 KB, 472x407) Image search: [Google]
1448495932681.jpg
46 KB, 472x407
>>63945319
O U
>>
>>63941224

>jedi academy of kids
>>
Y'all "jar jar abrams star wars sucked haha" memesters are hilarious. Ren was 1. already weakened physically and emotionally by chewbacca, han, and the fact that some random traitor nerd gave him a flesh wound. Then, the lightsaber previously owned by the person who he's literally obsessed with emulating refuses him and goes to this random girl. and 2. He still wants to train/bang rey, so he's initially not putting in 100%. You kiddies need to get over your cynicism and realize this was actually a really solid movie, outside of obviously Leia, who was never a good actor. Ren, rey, and cuckfinn are the best parts about this movie.
>>
He's conflicted as hell.
He still feels the call of the Light, but tries to stay firmly in the dark, killing Han was his way of saying he'd never turn good.
His future confrontation with Luke will bring this to a climax.
>>
>>63937111
Yes he is weak. Usually the good guy is weak in the beginning, but becomes stronger in the later parts of the story.

You dont really think Rey is the true main character right?
>>
Rey is most likely Lukes bastard daughter, so its in her blood to have force abilities that are extremely strong.
Rens mind read on her might have unlocked this. Extra emphasis on might, this is just a theory I've heard.
>>
>>63945195
>and this was strongly implied in the novels

Name of the novel? i wanna know more of his background
>>
>>63945195
I like you anon.
>>
>Hey Leia, your son is showing an almost obsessive interest in our dad.
>What should we do?
>I'm sure its nothing.
Did Luke just ignore the signs of Rens future turn to the dark side?
>>
>>63937912
She was controlling her emotions, unlike Kylo. Of course she got the upper hand.
>>
>>63939320
Literally never been done by any other jedi in the movies ever.
>>
>>63947503
ask these questions to the parents of every single current /pol/ user
>>
>>63945195
This. It's true. All of it.
>>
>>63945195
Well writ lad
>>
File: younglings.gif (1007 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
younglings.gif
1007 KB, 500x213
>>63946642
>He only wanted to be like his grandpa
>>
>>63947806
>She was using her emotions, unlike Kylo. Of course she got the upper hand using her anger, maybe even hate she was more sithlike than he was desu senpai I hope Rian does something with that in the next movie.
>>
Reposting this from a more inactive thread, one part of the ending confused the fuck out of me

Earlier in the movie, the first one to rush up and hug Leia is Chewbacca

But then at the end, Leia and Chewbacca don't even so much as look at each other, even though they were the closest ones to Han, and Leia hugs Rey who she literally hasn't said anything to in the entire movie? Had they even met yet? So fucking weird.
>>
>>63944544
You are a prequel baby and a huge asperger. Die.
>>
>>63950229

I dunno, people grieve in different ways, maybe they both wanted to be alone to deal with losing Han.
>>
>>63941224
Being powerful in force doesn't equal to being powerful in sword-fights.
>>
>>63945195
fukkin saved
>>
>>63941224
An academy of untrained/half trained kids.

Hes nothing more than an edgy school bully who got his ass handed to him in a real fight
>>
>>63939632
I like how JJ avoided the ballerina-type "sword dance" fencing shit like the ones from the prequels (not saying those were bad though). this fits perfectly. more rough and barbaric as both are inexperienced and have not fully reached their capabilities
>>
So he could force choke/freeze Rey and stop a laser shot and multitask while holding it in place. But a slightly injured kylo ren can even force pull the lightsaber or beat untrained lightsaber users. So strong but immature with the force id say
>>
>>63941224
So he's literally a school shooter that needs to be stopped by the politically correct coalition of black people and feminists.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.