[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"So this must be the Millenium Falcon! The ship that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
>"So this must be the Millenium Falcon! The ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 14 parsecs!"
>"12 parsecs...it made it in less than 12."
>"...so I was right you fucking old faggot no need to be such a pedantic dick. It's not like anyone on this ship cares about the actual record. I just figured I'd mention it so that the people watching this movie know they are watching a sequel to Star Wars A New Hope and can collectively grin at the references we're making."
>>
File: 1449345290147.jpg (89 KB, 1022x577) Image search: [Google]
1449345290147.jpg
89 KB, 1022x577
>12 parsecs is less than 14 parsecs
>>
Can someone please explain to me what unit of measurement a parsec is supposed to be?
>>
>>63937521
Well technically it's a measurement of length, so it really doesn't make sense.
>>
>>63937586
apparently the kessel run is filled with black holes and to make it in less distance means going closer to them so hes boasting about how good of a pilot he is that he could do it and not die
>>
>>63937691
He brags about his ship, not how tight of a pilot he is though.

I think they wanted to just say the ship was fast but fucked up.
>>
>>63937521
>>63937586
He found short cuts is that fucking hard to understand?
>>
>>63938162
Shortcuts in space?
>>
>>63937691
Wasn't that just a hack explanation for when someone pointed out that a parsec if a measure of space and not time?
>>
>>63938247
yes family guy.
>>
>>63938233
yes
>>
>>63935753

When Han mentioned the Kessel Run in ANH he's clearly just making stuff up and using space words to impress a hick farmboy and an old man in order to get their job for a premium. He's a bullshitter, the Falcon is a piece of shit, but Han somehow gets by.
>>
>>63938247
double yes

"hey guys, I was only pretending to be retarded" -Geo Lucas
>>
>>63938631
either this or he was testing them to see what they know about space so he could fug them outa more money later somehow is a way better explanation that dumb shortcut theory.
>>
>>63938247

Hack explanation perhaps, but it's been the official story for decades. I think it came out of game supplements in the '80s. But, yeah, as it was originally scripted, it was really just supposed to be bullshit, he had no idea he was talking to a guy who'd been to more planets than he had.
>>
>bitching about the kessel run reference and not how awful an actress daisy ridley is and how completely out of place her personna is in the star wars universe

stay awesome /tv/
>>
>>63938828

Exactly. However Kenobi though looks like he isn't buying it which is why he offers so much money (that he doesn't have and can't necessarily make any guarantees on) after the job is complete.

It fits Han's character much more and further fits with the Falcon being a piece of shit that somehow Han and Chewie can still keep flying.
>>
>>63935753
He looks properly frightened at what they've done to Star Wars.
>I'm gonna die, aren't I, in this shitty movie?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.