[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
**TFA - Spoiler** How did that little bar owner with the funny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 1368x764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 1368x764
**TFA - Spoiler**

How did that little bar owner with the funny glasses get into possession of Lukes lightsaber from Cloud City? Do you figure this will be touched upon in any upcoming books etc?
How would you write its journey to the Awakening force?
>>
well, they were scavengers
>>
>>63934686
it fell on her head

not joking
>>
>>63934686
who is that supposed to be? I know it was cut from the movie because she hands it to find. That looks like Leias costume, but she never met Maz. When was this supposed to take place?
>>
>>63934686
Its fucking retarded no matter how you write it, much like the rest of the movie.
>>
obviously someone found it in cloud city and somehow it got to her

this is not important
>>
Why does it matter? It's a relic that came to her probably from some trader or something

I don't think there's any significance to it
>>
>>63934686
>Lando's workers found the lightsaber.
>Lando gave it to Leia as a gift.
>Leia wanted to give it to Ben.
>Ben fucked himself up, so Leia gave it to Maz so she could store it and keep it safe. Maz is a mutual friend of Leia and Han.

That's what is in novelization. Judging by the image you attached, it must have been also filmed, but they decided against putting it in the movie.
>>
Because it's a story for another time

aka buy more books and comics, nerds
>>
>>63935050
>aka buy more books and comics, nerds

That's pretty much what I thought.
>>
>>63934981
>>63934804
I heard some leaks claiming there was gonna be a whole flashback montage of events of the saber changing hands before eventually getting to Maz. That's a much better story.
>>
>>63934686
According to the EU, the lightsaber was then recovered by a maintenance droid, then someone wanted to make a clone of with the hand attached to the hilt
>>
>>63934804

Maz was supposed to have a bigger role, but rumour has it that Nyong'o had difficulties with the (cgi) character.
>>
>>63935125
I think they might have edited it out to make a more interesting story about that in their new EU.

The novelization thingy doesn't sound very exciting.
>>
>>63934686
>How did that little bar owner with the funny glasses get into possession of Lukes lightsaber from Cloud City?

She blew an ugnaught for it. He found it while clearing debris from Cloud City's exhaust vents. He also found Luke's hand and made a hat out of it, but nobody's gonna blow an ugnaught for a mummified hand hat.
>>
Maz is worse than Jar Jar Binks
>>
>>63934686
Why is everyone assuming shit got cut from the movie.
This shit will all be in the DVD release.
>>
It was probably found by Lando's people, who turned it over to Lando after the war 'ended' and Lando was able to return to Cloud City. Then Lando gave Luke his old lightsaber back around the time he was starting his Jedi academy, where he kept the saber on display probably until the Knights of Ren insurrection. Then someone, probably Maz's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat force sensitive granddaughter was able to smuggle away the lightsaber at the cost of her life. The hologram recording she included with the lightsaber would have probably said something along the lines of

>this lightsaber called to me so I had to get it to you whoever it calls to should probably use it to kill these sons of bitches #YOLO #MERRYXMAS

and thats basically how it goes down
>>
>>63934686
you don't even know how to spoiler tag AHAHAHA

R
E
D
D
I
T
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.