[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Lost in Translation pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1450736693600.webm (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1450736693600.webm
2 MB, 1920x1040
What does /tv/ think of Lost in Translation

pic related
>>
I love it it's one of my fav movies, the visuals, that concept of a love who requires no sexual contact although we're always waiting for it, it's great
>>
extremely racist movie

>whites are the only real people in foreign countries. asians are just weird entities you have to wade through.

I hope Japan makes a counterpart film where an old japanese guy goes to america laughs at why people here don't cut their food before serving and keep rolling his eyes at stuff like celebrating turkeys just so people realize how head up your ass this kind of film is
>>
>>63934857
Hiro your English is really improving.
Any thought about making /film/ soon?
>>
>>63934559
bob thought of charolett as a daughter of sorts, not someone he wanted to sleep with
>>
>>63934857
Lol you dumb cunt the whole point is that they are in a foreign nation feeling alienated i.e. they were the aliens all along.
>>
>>63934202
the way she looks down before saying goodbye in that webm is qt
>>
Great movie with a god-tier soundtrack
>>
>>63934202
high t
>>
kevin shields is a god tb
>>
an incredibly overrated work from a hack who's only allowed to continue because she's a girl + nepotism

it's still decent though and pretty comfy overall
>>
>>63937703
What's bad about that you say it's overrated? No one says it's the best film of all time it's just that as you said it's a very comfy movie that's great to watch so naturally it has a lot of fans.
>>
>>63934202
A flick that managed to make ScarJo boring & Murray unfunny
>>
File: 1450561696609.gif (652 KB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1450561696609.gif
652 KB, 392x400
One of my favorite movies of all time. Gonna watch it again this Christmas when I go visit my parents.

I've gone through something kind of similar in my life so the melancholy really hits home.
>>
>>63934202
It captures Tokyo well. It's beautiful and alienating. It depicts a relationship you wish you could've had when you went traveling.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.