[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek vs Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: 342.jpg (32 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
342.jpg
32 KB, 720x540
Well who do you belong to and why?
>>
>>63932978
Pls no
>>
>>63932978
star wars wishes they had the startrek technology.

holodek, anyone?
>>
File: fedora.jpg (10 KB, 315x242) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
10 KB, 315x242
Star Trek, because it's much more mature and tought provoking, and was socially progressive from the beggining and in a time that mattered
>>
star wars. its about good vs evil, trek is just nerd stuff
>>
Star Wars
I'm a human being with a soul
>>
File: revered.png (278 KB, 522x290) Image search: [Google]
revered.png
278 KB, 522x290
>>63932978
both overrated garbage desu family
>>
Star Trek, because it aligns to my political views.
>>
File: Farscape.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Farscape.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1080
I choose the third option
>>
How are they even comparable? Star Trek is soft science fiction while Star Wars is high fantasy with a Flash Gordon aesthetic.
>>
File: smug narn.png (550 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
smug narn.png
550 KB, 1024x576
>>63933894
>this
>third option
wew lad, WEW
>>
Star Trek is for fedora tipping neckbeards. Everyone loves Star Wars. Only kissless handholdless virgins like Star Kek
>>
>>63932978
Stargate desu desu senpai
>>
File: 1389734043194.jpg (29 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
1389734043194.jpg
29 KB, 555x644
>>63932978
Star Wars. I mean fucking christ the lightsaber itself is just better than any tech in Star Trek.
>>
File: 4T380w4.gif (2 MB, 398x293) Image search: [Google]
4T380w4.gif
2 MB, 398x293
I'm a huge Star Trek fan and a huge Star wars fan. I'm very excited for the new Star Wars movies and very excited for the new Star Trek show.

There's no contradiction here. The whole "LOL STAR WARS VS STAR TREK LOL GEEK WARS LMAO XD" shtick is something made up by people who don't really love either. Never heard a Star Trek fan say they hate or even dislike Star Wars, or the other way around.
>>
>>63934043
>Everyone loves Star Wars
Enjoy your delusions, pleb
>>
Star Trek = shit
Star Wars = amazing, the peak of white culture
>>
File: SG-1-S8-Active-Stargate.jpg (64 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
SG-1-S8-Active-Stargate.jpg
64 KB, 1024x576
>>63933389
Missing the point
>>63933497
This desu senpai, SW is a glorified rehash of mythic stories without the excuse of being ancient and incomplete
>>63933656
As if the world were so black and white
>>63933894
Posting the wrong third option, pic related is right option
>>63933959
This is true
>>
>>63933656
No faggot, Lucas said it was about families.
>>
>>63933999
B5 is preachy, overly political and the dialogue is is horrendous

Farscape is actually smartly written with complex characters that makes the ones in B5 look like caricatures

Not a hard choice
>>
They're both good, both had sequels that are among the finest films ever and both were raped by retard jew.
>>
I grew up loving Star Wars but a few years ago I marathoned TOS on Netflix with no prior Trek experience and fell in love with it. Watched all the movies and most of TNG after. So now I'm in both camps.

I will say that Star Wars is in much better hands than Trek is now. That new movie looks awful.
>>
>>63934253
Thanks for making me add stuff to my backlog
faggot
>>
File: 1446178515061.gif (1 MB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
1446178515061.gif
1 MB, 184x141
>>63934318
This the correct answer
>>
>>63932978

Trek because they have several great tv series and a handful of good movies which equates to hundreds of hours of space shit. Also the world building and plots are more interesting.

Star Wars is cool blockbuster shit but it's good vs evil tier plots and all of it's content can be watched in a day. Not a thing of substance.
>>
>>63934157
>>63934055
Except all Stargate does is ape Star Trek, except replacing the futuristic sets with boring, grey military bases and getting even more preachy and hypocritical with their "human morality is always better" bullshit

It's like preferring skim milk or light beer
>>
>>63933894

Love Farscape more than Star Wars less than Trek though.
>>
>>63933959
Star Trek = pothead
Star War = Rageing meth addiction
>>
Tos= laughable effects with good allegories and decent plots
Tng= decent effects with strong plots
Ds9=silly prophet thread but strong charcter development and ok one offs
Voy= retread of tng with less q and more borg
Ent= bad plots with no character development and retread of tos
OT= lighthearted space opera with cool memorable action and characters
PT= overreaching plot and confusing dense fight scenes left the auidence with nothing to go home with excluding maul and yoda fights
Vii= retread of ANH that pandered to nostalgia BUT left us with loose ends like luke and snoke like a marvel movie to sell sequels. Heartwarming but forgetable
ST movies(all)= out of character flicks that prey on brand recognition that never devulge further into great characters like kirk data and picard but try to be Star Wars.
>>
>>63934043

Most Star Wars "fans" I meat in RL claim to like the Prequels, have never seen Trek at all and are full normie mode ie have girlfriends and jobs. BTW my 100% of my friends girlfriends (around 10 persons) have never seen/hate Star Wars. Because as normalfag as it is...it's not really interesting.
>>
File: what.gif (2 MB, 457x321) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
2 MB, 457x321
>>63934318
>I will say that Star Wars is in much better hands than Trek is now
>>
>>63934509
>ST movies(all)= out of character flicks that prey on brand recognition that never devulge further into great characters like kirk data and picard but try to be Star Wars.

I don't think you've seen the original 6 Star Trek films.
>>
>>63934085

I'd take a transporter, holodeck or a phaser over a fucking laser sword everyday. What a barbaric and retarded weapon. Have fun getting sniped.

inb4 sexless space wizard magic
>>
>>63932978
Neither. They both belong to the Abram now.
>>
I've never watched Star Trek but it looks completely unappealing
>>
>>63934151

>Star Wars = amazing, the peak of white culture

Hahahahahahahah
>>
I only liked a few episodes of voyager

7of9 was hot
>>
>>63934544
One sucked
Two was a decent action movie
Three sucked
4 was generations correct?
5 was the first tng one right?
6 was first contact which tried to be an action movie
>>
>>63934580

>Star Wars fans everyone

Lucas admitted Star Wars couldn't exist without Trek paving the way.

OT was cool. PT was total garbage.

OS, NG, DS9 = Good Voyager = Fun silly Enterprise = Sort of shit

Everyother Trek movie is cool.

Essentially there is hundreds of hours of good Trek. Then like 6 hours of good Star Wars. They aren't even in the same league. Star Wars compares better to the LOTR/Hobbit franchise IMO.
>>
>>63934647
4 : The Voyage Home
>sci-fi comedy, actually good and fun

5 : the Final Frontier
>Shatner rubs his dick for one hour and a half. Plot can be summed up as "Kirk fights god and wins"

6 : the Undiscovered Country
>more of a thriller than an sci-fi film, with klingons and feddies politics, also pretty good

7 : generations
>>
>>63933497
>mature

hahahaha

>thought provoking

hahahahahhaha

>socially progressive

tumblr feminist detected
>>
>>63932978
They're both American pop culture. Can't begin to give a shit about picking a side between things that don't concern me.
>>
Always more of a Lost in Space fan.
>>
>>63932978

I used to like Star Trek more. Now they're both just massive action fests made by JJ so there's not much of a point in having a favorite.
>>
>>63933959
This, the fandom rivalry between Trek and Wars is dumbfounding

Also, I like the original SW trilogy, as well as many of the novels and video games. Hate the prequels and TFW

As for Trek, I love the original cast movies and DS9, like TOS and TNG, hate everything else

All in all I would choose Star Trek, more adult-oriented and more intelligent/thoughtful storytelling.

>>63933894
oh hell yes
>>
>>63934793
Sorry i forgot about those, might watch over christmas. Ty anon
>>
>>63934085
A lightsaber is just a sword that looks good in the dark
The definition of useless tech
>>
>>63934647
The Motion Picture was literally an episode of TOS II turned into a film.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.