[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Harrisson Ford, when asked about JJ Abrams said: "One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
>Harrisson Ford, when asked about JJ Abrams said: "One can only be staggered by the hubris of modern artists if we compare them, say, to the humble builders of Chartres Cathedral whose names are not even known. The artist ought to be distinguished by selfless devotion to duty; but we forgot about that a long time ago."

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>63928764
That the people working behind the camera should be praised.
>>
>>63929488
Like JJ Abrams?
>>
>>63928764
Directors get too much praise for how a movie is made.
>>
>>63928764
He's desperate for money and I'm glad his cheesy character died in the force awakens.
>>
>>63929488
I thought maybe the people who do the actual work.
>>
>>63929488
I meant this for you.>>63929550
>>
Wow wow wow
I thought that quote was from Tarantino
>>
That's some metaphorical freemason shit. At least we know JJ isn't a reptilian, unless it's a double bluff??
>>
>>63928764
source
>>
I'm not smart but is what Ford said beautiful/smart or is it pseudo-intellectual and poo poo fart dookie?
>>
bait
>>
>>63929775
he basically says that everyone praises the directors too much nowadays, and that in reality the films are collaborative effort and everyone on the team is every bit as responsible for the film's quality as the director
which is true
>>
>>63928764
Tarkovsky said that, OP
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Andrei_Tarkovsky
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.