[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
30 fucking years and this asshole character couldn't train
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

30 fucking years and this asshole character couldn't train a single fucking Jedi, the one Jedi he tried to train immediately turned to the dark side.

Then before the Republic even resolves the civil war, he runs away like an emo-kid, yet leaves a map hoping people come to find him.

Also, 30 years and the Republic still haven't won, and somehow let an Imperial Faction to somehow amass enough resources to construct a Planet-Size Death Star.

Shitty shitty script.
>>
>maps
Why doesn't the SWU a phone lol
>>
We don't know anything about Luke's new Jedi order other than the fact that Ben failed his training. Maybe Luke had a bunch of students that were killed.

We also don't know exactly the reason he vanished. He could be looking for answers.

It's the beginning of a trilogy, m8
>>
Its hack writing and a retconning of Return of the Jedi to justify a sequel.
>>
>>63925425
This.
Plus for all we know that old Jedi temple at the end of the movie could be filled with students ready to fuck shit up.
>>
File: 00damn3.png (11 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
00damn3.png
11 KB, 429x410
>>63925282
>it's been 30 years
>not training 100 jedi per year every year to raise an army of Jedi to rape Darth Emo
>>
>>63925425
>he could be looking for answers
>on a water planet with just a few islands
>completely devoid of life
>>
>>63925282
Yea well it was that or taking a chance on doing something with an original story line. And we all know that was never going to happen.

In the next movie Rey will be in the middle of training with Luke since a disturbance in the force that her friend Finn is in trouble and leave training before she is ready to go and help him. At the end of the movie Finn will be captured, Rey will be hurt while trying to help after he is out matched By Kylo or maybe ganged up on by the Knights. The third movie begins with Finns rescue.
>>
>>63925282
He should have opened a new academy which enforced a no-singles policy
>>
>>63925569
>what is the first Jedi temple
>what is spirituality
>>
>>63925443
>Empire and Vader are killed
>Luke now looks to train a new jedi order
>He starts training Ben Solo, son of Han and Leia
>Ben learns of Vader, wants to be like Vader, decides to go full evil and kills the other trainees
>Luke realizes he failed, goes into exile to avoid the empire coming after him
I see nothing wrong with this
>>
>>63925477
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
For all we know, he did train others... they were just all killed, at the Academy or hunted down later.

Kylo is 30, max. And he had to be at least in his mid to late teens before the event. This gives Luke potentially two-decades near enough of Jedi training.
>>
what does Luke hope to accomplish by looking for the first temple?
>>
>>63925788
Destroy it. He wants to get rid of all traces of the Force since all it does is get people killed.
>>
>>63925788
We don't know. He's probably looking for more Jedi teachings so he'll do a better job training people.
>>
>>63925788
Probably wants to find some standardized proven teaching methods instead of just pulling shit out of his ass.
>>
File: concerned_varg.jpg (35 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
concerned_varg.jpg
35 KB, 960x540
>>63925282

I didn't know Varg liked Star Wars?
>>
>>63925872
>>63925847
He wouldnt use the methods Obi Wan or Yoda used? Or was that specialized training just for Luke since he was special?
>>63925833
That would be interesting and unexpected. I am kind of afraid that the entire new trilogy will follow the formula of the original instead of trying some new stuff.
>>
One of the flash back scenes clearly had dozens of bodies and several knights of ren. So Luke did try but seeing his whole lifes work and the failure of being the last jedi once more probably broke him as Kylo prob did some dick move to take advantage of luke's trust.

>>63925788

He found the teachings that will form the foundation of the Jedi for the next thousand years, the Bond of Two. One to be a paragon and the one to aspire to.

In an inverse of the Sith rule of 2, it blinds the sith and destroys the sith academy despite their numerical superiority.

Screenshot it
>>
>>63925961
>I am kind of afraid that the entire new trilogy will follow the formula of the original
It won't. They already won back of the prequel hating memers and OT fanboys. They can go anywhere because the next movie is a guaranteed success.
>>
>>63925961
Luke's training got him to where he needed to be, but if Anakin didn't turn back Luke would have died.
>>
>>63925443
100/10 opinion
>>
>>63925788
Was getting caught part of his plan?
>>
>>63925961

Ben spent the better part of a day showing luke how to turn on the training droid and summed everything with "just wing it"

Yoda's training while actually can be called training was a bunch of cardio and yoga.

The truth is, Luke has near near limitless potential and just forced his way through problems, he had no formal training and had to construct something from scratch.
>>
Only Rey is allowed to be perfect
>>
>>63925569
> Devoid of life
> Grass and trees everywhere
> Water for miles
>>
>>63925282
He was never fully trained. Remember when Yoda told him that if he left dagobah he'd be undoing all of the training required to be a Jedi because he had to learn to let go?

How can someone who was never trained as a Jedi successfully train a Jedi? He probably tried to train kylo to use his emotions with the force and blew it
>>
>>63925425
>Maybe Luke had a bunch of students that were killed.

Well yeah. Yhese are the shit ton of corpses laying on the ground when Kylo and the rest of baddies are standing in the rain.
>>
>>63926433
In Return of the Jedi he said once he defeats Vader his training is done. Which hw did.
>>
>>63926433
"I am a Jedi, like my father before me" signified that he was a full Jedi Knight.

>He probably tried to train kylo to use his emotions with the force
I can see this. Despite Yoda and Obi-Wan telling him to do the opposite, it's what eventually got him through to Anakin, so maybe he took a different approach and failed.
>>
I bet there is more to it. I bet it's not what Leia and Han said it happened, that Luke was forced to leave, or even dragged out.
>>
>>63925282
Why would luke be able to successfully train anyone?

He had a week of training with Yoda and maybe 2 hours with Obi Wan in New Hope. He then self taught until Return. If this was the prequels he'd at best be a fresh padawan.
>>
File: Katarn.jpg (97 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
Katarn.jpg
97 KB, 300x500
>In EU he trained Kyle Katarn
>If it was 80's, it would have been a Katarn film
>mfw its 2015
>>
His teachers were LITERALLY Yoda and Obi Wan, both people who fucked up Anakin so bad he became Darth Vader and then they noped off to different corners of the galaxy while everything went to hell.

Thus Luke is following their teachings perfectly. From a certain point of view.
>>
>>63925583
god I hope not. I hope the writers have the balls to give is something different. I get them playing it safe for this one but ffs do something different in VIII and IX
>>
>>63926408
I think they meant intelligent life.
>>
>>63926829
All their mistakes were teaching their students about the Dark Side.

"It's easier and quicker but don't do it, okay? I'm only teaching you about it so you know to avoid it."
>>
>>63926829
so yoda and obi wan are the ones who fucked up anakin? not the emperor?
>>
>>63925735

why didn't he just kick Kylo's ass right after?
>>
>>63926914
The Dark Side is rape?
>>
>>63927054
I was thinking drugs, but that works too.
>>
itt: manchildren
>>
>expecting a non-jedi to train a jedi in any length of time

huh

Luke got about a week's worth of training, then yoda just gave up and died because luke had emotions.
>>
>>63927050
Kylo had a group with him and were going full Columbine on the academy so it was obviously a surprise attack at night. Luke probably had to make a choice to either save his daughter Rey by getting her off the planet or have literally everyone including her die in his attempt at killing them.
>>
They couldve easily made the movie about Rey wanting to become a jedi and searching for the Academy, not this shitfest that destroys VI.
>>
>>63927184
Nothing about this movie retcons VI.
>>
>>63927184
> that destroys VI
elaborate
>>
In the EU version of post-RoTJ Luke also opened a Jedi training center in Yavin IV and Cloud City and that failed too.

tl;dr Luke is a hack instructor
>>
>>63925282
the problem was luke was never a master and started to train kids.
>>
What's the point of running away if you let a map behind so people can find you?
>>
>>63927156

that makes no sense, how the heck could they rival motherfucking Luke Skywalker like 15 years after the first trilogy?

that Ren guy couldn't even lay a finger on an untrained Rei and took his sweet ass time to KO the nigger and that was like 10 years later.

If Rey really is his daughter, he would've been better off slaying them.

None of this makes sense.
>>
>>63927340
We dont have the full details yet m8. Ep 8 will tell us what really happened
>>
>>63927469

yeah but I can't think of anything that'd make sense.

Rey can't be Luke's daughter or else they would've written themselves in a corner.
>>
>>63927156
>Kylo had a group with him
The guy Kylo stabs from behind in the vision doesn't look like a jedi padawan. It definitely looked like a premonition like the snowy forest.

I believe Kylo killed them all himself while Luke was away
>>
why isn't Leia a Jedi?
>>
>>63927340

The angle that could be approached was that Kylo was rejected out of the academy because of his constant mental and emotional fuck ups. He had an amazing potential in the force but he was subpar student in everything else that mattered and was too lured by the dark side.

Snoke offered him a taste of the dark side that made up for alot of the short comings (more or less) which when combined with his force powers was enough forthe youngling killing.

Bare in mind that Kylo could stop a blaster bolt in mid flight, his force powers are strong but clearly he was a shit duelist (although he did have a giant blaster hole in his side).

Well we'll see in anycase, I trust in a plot point that makes the most sense.
>>
>>63928164
because the jedi need to vanish and making luke the only one would better facilitate that.
>>
>>63925282
>amass enough resources to construct a Planet-Size Death Star.
This part is what annoys me the most. Not only about how many resources they could throw at this thing, but what about the years it would take to build a monstrosity like it?

>>63927340
>that Ren guy couldn't even lay a finger on an untrained Rei and took his sweet ass time to KO the nigger
After killing his own father, a decision he'd been struggling with for a long time, and getting shot by a blaster in the side. And, his training wasn't even complete, as Snoke says to the general guy before the planet explodes.
>>
>>63928232

Forgot to add that even Snoke himself said he didnt finish his training.

Despite the title, he's basically a sith padawan
>>
>>63928164
Because precognitive powers wouldn't help her as the general of a resistance movement. Simply not worth it.
>>
>>63928380

I was hoping that would have been explored

Leia basically guessing all of their moves and them being right 99% of the time.
>>
>>63927340
>how the heck could they rival motherfucking Luke Skywalker like 15 years after the first trilogy?
>how could a bunch of volatile force adepts rival a guy who got a less than a week's worth of real training, once, 30 years prior?

its a goddamn mystery

The idea that luke is some extremely powerful force of nature type jedi is basically EU only. This idea is not illustrated at all in the OT.
>>
>>63925282

The world doesn't need more jedis nor siths, he did the right thing.
>>
>>63925735
>Luke running away after his own fuck-up like a little bitch

Completely out of character, but you see nothing wrong with it. Okay.

>>63925833
Destroying some buildings would do jack shit in regards to the Force. Maybe he should consider suicide, cause he's a lot bigger with the Force than some old shitty building.
>>
>>63929800
>Luke running away after his own fuck-up like a little bitch
>Completely out of character, but you see nothing wrong with it. Okay
we don't know the details you sperg
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.