[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we stop giving every comedian their own show? Just because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: f-is-for-family.jpg (113 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
f-is-for-family.jpg
113 KB, 612x380
can we stop giving every comedian their own show?

Just because a person can write a stand up act, it doesn't mean they have the wherewithal to write a cohesive television show.
>>
and you pick the only good animated show in recent years as your example

good job
>>
>we
>>
>>63922240
I lasted about 5 minutes in the first episode. The animation was crap, and it just wasn't funny.
>>
>>63922288
we (consumers) keep watching and encouraging companies to give these unfunny fucks their own shows

>>63922278
show sucks tb h
>>
>>63922240

except this was actually a funny show. If you wanted to bitch about a comedian getting a shitty show you should have picked Aziz Ansari and his failed abortion that most people thought was supposed to be a drama
>>
>>63922278
>dude the dad is an unlikable brute and swears all the time! ITS SO REAL AND ORIGINAL

if i want to see a real family Ill watch HBO
>>
>>63922340
didn't even think about giving that poo loo's show a shot

I thought this could be good because Burr can be p funny.

A lot of comedian's work seems to just not carry over to this medium.
>>
File: larry_lachend.jpg (16 KB, 258x297) Image search: [Google]
larry_lachend.jpg
16 KB, 258x297
>>63922371
>>
>Well, I guess his royal highness has finally decided to join us
>Yeah, I'm high all right

exact moment I dropped the show
>>
It's a lot more genuine about the family dynamic than just about any other show but that finale was just fucking awful.
>>
>>63922332
>ive decided this is crap instantly because my superior tastes

useless input thanks
>>
>>63922278
Agreed. Television and Netflix hemorrhage shitty programs out constantly and of all the crap floating out there, OP singles out an example of a decent animated comedy.
>>
what's the budget of this show? 20 bucks? I've never seen such bad animation in my life.
>>
has a cozy 70s feel to it tho
>>
>>63922371
>unlikable

There's nothing unlikable about him
>>
File: 640.jpg (35 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
35 KB, 640x361
It's not like he's writing it alone, they got a Simpsons writer doing it too.
>>
>>63922453

>dropping a show because a douche teenager says douche teenager shit

you seem like the kind of guy who will say a character is poorly written because the character is a piece of shit that illecets a negative emotion from you that was intentional from the writers and actor
>>
>>63922559
I was just joking you fucking dweeb
>>
>>63922393
>poo loo's show a shot

its awful, and I like his standup. Theres next to no jokes at all. Theres a part where a character explains why feminism is great and why he is a feminist and everyone else nods in smug agreement and congratulates him for being one.

Im not kidding or exaggerating at all, this is actually in the show
>>
>>63922240
>dad is a white veteran
>who served in korea
>his wife is loyal to him
>kids dont hang out around black kids
>no cucks
>final episode is filled with feels
based show I rate it 1488/10
>>
>implying the intro isnt GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8hmuvGs-C4
>>
Feels like Burr didn't even want to make a show but he was pressured to do so. He's a standup, it's all he wants to be, but there's a notion that a successful standup has to have a TV/movie career too. So he basically told some anecdotes from his youth and then had writers turn them into scripts and lent his voice. I really doubt he's super invested in this show, even if it is quite good.
>>
>>63922800
hey look its that guy who thinks he understands the minds of celebrities for some reason
>>
>>63922800

doubt it, it seems like something he wanted to do creatively and I remember him saying he decided to make it a cartoon because for some reason, you can get away with more and dont have to worry about the SJW crusade coming after you.

Also, it wasnt just his stories. Their interview process was just them asking the people about their child hood, and if they said it was perfect and nice they wouldnt hire them, but if they told some fucked up story about their drunk dad they would ask them to write something up
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.