[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is hating TFA a meme or something? The movie was good, not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 10
Is hating TFA a meme or something?

The movie was good, not great or anything like that but good.

All you nerds hating the movie because muh mary sue or muh ooga booga need to grow up.
>>
>>63919242
>Ignore glaring flaws because its mature thing to do
Fanboy desperation at its finest.
>>
>>63919242
mary sue and the black guy were the least of the problems with this film. Its just a piece of shit, thats what it is.
>>
>>63919242
J.J this isn't reddit you took the wrong exit
>>
I bet most of you NEET watched it pirated or something.

You guys need to watch it in a movie theater preferably on IMAX 3D for the ultimate movie experience.
>>
File: 1370510989995.jpg (59 KB, 709x913) Image search: [Google]
1370510989995.jpg
59 KB, 709x913
>>63919242
>special snowflake thread #29819
>>
>>63919242
It's worse than the prequels, honestly. at least they were original.
>>
>>63919242

I have yet to see someone complaining about how atrocious the photography in this movie was, the lighting was awful in some parts and the environments and costumes were so uninspired. The last scene was quite dissappointing too, I thought we were about to get a peek at the Valley of the Jedi.
>>
>>63919477
You guys are the actual snowflakes.

The movie was universally praised but you guys need to have your special little opinions and hate the film to be against the grain.
>>
>>63919338

It's a fucking movie for children. Grow up, traitor.
>>
>>63919242
Quite the opposite. Liking TFA is a sort of meme now. You just have to play the racism/mysog/contrarian card and you're good to go

You can now ignore the fact that it was a mediocre movie that sold a shitton of tickets because "Star Wars"

Have a wonderful day
>>
>>63919242

>needs China to even reach Jurassic World numbers, let alone Avatar numbers
>camrip out already
>screener right around the corner

RIP
>>
>>63919541
This is what you call manipulation of the media. The agenda of this movie is far more bigger than anyone of us. The wheels are in motion and you better hold on tight, cause it's going to be a bumpy ride
>>
>>63919541
Look at old TPM reviews on imdb. It's full of things like "THIS MOVIE ROCKS" and "It's incredible, it's fun, and by God, it's STAR WARS!"
>>
>>63919242
No.

It has obvious flaws.

If you're confident in your own opinion of the movie, what does it matter what others think?
>>
>>63919242
So you don't understand why people are hating on it even though you just conceded it's not great.
>>
>>63919242

This movie is a soulless frankensteinesque abortion that never captures the feel of starwars.

The cantina scene is easily best evidence for it, the entire design from stormtroopers, to ripping off Daric Larones story for finn to the startrek knockoff costume design.

Apparently startrek is so shit they need to relabel it starwars to sell it because that design of every new alien is some of the worse shit and the First Order spy looked like a bladerunner knockoff.

Seriously they need to fire the entire production design department and the concept artists, and get a better writer.

The scene between Finn and Poe was just idiotic, instead of having Poe guess that Finn needed a pilot to get out of there and make him seem smart, they did it backwards. "Its the right thing to do"

So much fucking ham and people shit on Lucas's writing.
>>
Can someone please explain Star Wars to me, I don't get it.
>>
>>63919242
I loved it, mainly the action sequences, it's star wars god damn it, not 2001: A space Odyssey or an ultra Avant-garde deep shit.

The whole (original) point of this movie series was giving its audience what they needed, a fucking spaghetti western with lasers and shit. All of their characters, from the first movie to the last, are obvious one faced clichés without deep emotions, Han Solo is praised because of this, he is just a lucky man-child with an stupid one-phased personality that always has something goofy to say.

Th problem are the Star wars nerds that have lost themselves into alternative media. Books, games, comics, graphic novels... Those are well detailed, deep structured stories with complex characters, sorry dudes but star wars is indeed just another blockbuster without something to add but good CGI.
>>
>>63920764
Except that Spaghetti Westerns are actually good, unlike this mess.
>>
>>63920349
I find this funny. It's been ok for people to not like any movie up to this point as long as they offered reasons why. With TFA, you're a 'contrarian' for not liking it even though most people concede it's not great.
>>
>>63920764
We just want our Star Wars movies to be at least on par with the original trilogy. The Force Awakens has it's moments, but overall fails.

It does manage to make Return of the Jedi look a little better. So there's that.
>>
>>63920764
>All of their characters, from the first movie to the last, are obvious one faced clichés without deep emotions

Darth Vader.
>>
File: 1359470753130.jpg (38 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1359470753130.jpg
38 KB, 571x540
Have you ever based an opinion on a desire to be a meme even if it was contrary to how you actually felt? Or is it just something you think other people (whose opinions you disagree with) do?

I suspect that rarely if ever happens, and is nothing more than an easy way to dismiss opinions you don't like or can't argue against effectively.
>>
>>63920764
there were no action scenes til the end
>>
>>63920764
t. 15 year old movie buff from /b/
>>
>>63921055
Darth Vader deep emotions are shown in the last 5 minutes of the whole original trilogy. If he would've been killed by Luke, it would've added nothing to the whole plot. For me Darth Vader is still an authoritarian cocksucker.
>>
>>63921439
>For me Darth Vader is still an authoritarian cocksucker.

You're objectively wrong though. Even if you discount the prequels, the way Obi Wan and Yoda talk about him in the OT shows him to be more than one dimensional. That's before he steps in to save Luke.
>>
>>63920581
>instead of having Poe guess that Finn needed a pilot to get out of there and make him seem smart, they did it backwards. "Its the right thing to do"
That's exactly what happens you fucking mong. Finn tries to offer up some do-goody shit and Poe calls him on it instantly.
>>
>>63920701
It was an ambitious space movie that looked set to fail. Audiences flocked to see it because they'd heard of all the problems the movie had.

Turns out it was pretty good with a phenomenal potential for merchandise.
>>
>>63919242
Plot for plot remake of the original anon. Come on, use your head.

Strawpoll.me/6306008/
>>
>>63920242
>>>/pol/
>>
>>63920242
What do you mean by this? I would seriously like you to elaborate.
>>
>>63923940
>>63923998
Not him, but you guys need to familiarize yourselves with left wing politics. Here's a babby's first political lesson: Read TFA articles. Notice why Finn and/or Rey is always pictured? It has nothing to do with the fact that they're the leads. That's blue pill assumption.
>>
File: Felucia_concept.jpg (203 KB, 1274x620) Image search: [Google]
Felucia_concept.jpg
203 KB, 1274x620
>>63919242

It's almost a flawless movie, technically speaking, but it literally has no soul. They didn't try anything new with it, they didn't bring anything to the universe. As problematic as the prequels were, they fleshed out the galaxy in ways Episode VII didn't.

>here's your desert planet in Episode VII, by the way, it's not Tatooine!
>here's your snowy planet in Episode VII, by the way, it's not Hoth!
>here's your forest planet in Episode VII, by the way, it's not Yavin IV or Endor!
>here's an isle in Ireland in Episode VII

Seriously, it felt so lifeless. Now compare it to fucking Felucia, a truly alien planet, in Revenge of the Sith or Utapau or Geonosis or Coruscant or Naboo. Sure, George Lucas overused CGI, but he tried to show new places, new characters, new ideas. The Force Awakens was just a fanfic Episode VII made by rich people instead of fat virgins on the internet.
>>
>>63924178
>It's almost a flawless movie, technically speaking

I agree with everything except this. It's probably just personal preference but I thought Abrams' direction was bland and insipid. Not nearly enough scenes feel cinematic enough. There's a very Kurosawa/Lean inspired feel and direction to Ep4 that this movie could have benefitted from. Especially when JJ copied everything else.
>>
>>63919601
>rated PG-13
>for children
>>
>>63924415
Flawless just means without flaw. Bland and insipid aren't flaws. They're lack of quality.

So calling TFA "flawless," or "lacking any quantifiable negative" Its a pretty calculated statement.
>>
>>63919242
everything is a meme now. everything
>>
>>63920204
It beat out Jurassic World WITHOUT China.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-box-office-star-850414

Lol
>>
It is trash for people that know nothing about cinema
>>
File: TFA_story.jpg (277 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
TFA_story.jpg
277 KB, 699x1211
>>63924178
i agree, but like >>63924415 wrote.
TFA had these moments of "what" if you dont say its a childrens movie.
And these moments are like in the prequels, but suddenly many fans say "prequels were bad, but tfa is way better"
That just sounds like looking through fan goggles.
>>
>>63920204
If TFA was going to have a screener leaked, it would have leaked last month, dude.
>>
>>63919242
It was shit here's why:

It was a fucking rehash of the old movies. Same story, same scenario, same archetypes, same scenes.

Literally nothing new. I already know how the future films will go:
Episode 8: Rey gets trained by luke, kylo trained by snork, they meet, they fight.
Episode 9: Kylo converts to the light side in his last moments like vader and kills snork

IT IS A SHIT MONEY GRAB TARGETED AT A NEW GENERATION, ANYONE NOT REALIZING THIS IS A RETARD
>>
It is a 0/5
Awful editing/action scenes, zero gravitas. no attempts at emotional resonance ring true, because they feel like they popped off an assembly line in a nerd's basement. kylo ren is a cartoon, and has zero of the imposing nature of his idol. like a failed pilot episode of a star wars spinoff.
>>63925156
The screener has not been sent out as Disney did not want it to leak. It will be out before the end of the month or sometime early next month.
>>
>>63920309
Exactly. Everyone acts like TPM was universally panned when it first came out when in reality it got the same praise as this. It wasn't till years after did people start shitting on it.
>>
>>63925257
Phantom Menace had some negative reviews upon release. They were just MOSTLY positive.

So the comparison with TFA is unfair but people's estimations of this movie will come down in time when the hype is gone.
>>
Overall it was a poor film with bad acting, an embarrassingly unoriginal plot and awful directing.

It makes the prequels look great in comparison. I was expecting a shitty film and it eventually turned out it was.

When you think about it, getting to know kid Anakin, his life story, his life of Tattooine, the pod race, the duels in the Phantom Menace - all of it beats anything in Abrams' shitty rendition. Everything just seemed off and wrong, from the casting to the directing.

All these "fantastic" 9/10 and 10/10 reviews I don't think anyone who has actually watched the film can understand why these sort of ratings have been given.

And nothing like a hit of nostalgia when they decide to kill off the only likable character (Han Solo).
>>
>>63920764
>point of this movie series was giving its audience what they needed, a fucking spaghetti western with lasers and shit

Then it failed pretty damn miserably. While an entertaining blockbuster, it came nowhere near a spaghetti western in terms of style, atmosphere or anything.
>>
>>63925220
> no attempts at emotional resonance ring true
This. There was nothing in the movie which really connected you as a member of the audience to connect with the protagonists, to the exception of Han Solo and Chewie, for most nostalgic fans anyway.

The way in which First Order is portrayed doesn't make any sense and is entirely unrealistic. Abrams' attempts to make Kylo Ren out to be this scared, frightened little boy who is insecure about himself. He has no substance as a character, unlike Darth Vader or Palpatine who are both calculated, strategic and believable.
>>
Despite flaws that I acknowledge, it was still enjoyable personally
>>
>>63919242
>need to grow up.

I love this meme, just dismisses any and all criticism
>>
>>63919242
>a lot of people like it so you have to too

It's called opinion. Just because R/T calls t great doesn't factually mean it is, look at gravity
>>
>>63925174
while I love TFA I feel the need to screen this
>>
>"12 parsecs, not 14."
>"is there a garbage compactor here?"

The Meme Awakens
>>
>>63925940
>All these "fantastic" 9/10 and 10/10 reviews I don't think anyone who has actually watched the film can understand why these sort of ratings have been given.

Most of the "it was great" reviews here involve a long list of faults with the movie that outway the good. Doesn't make much sense.

Everyone wanted to like this movie and wanted it to be great. I think we'll get a fairer reflection of the movie in 6 months or so.
>>
>>63926647
I became disgusted with myself for buying a ticket for opening day when this shit refused to stop.

The references just kept coming and coming.
>>
>le it was every le thing I le wanted it to be
>better than le prequels
>le it was fun not le great just a le fun movie

tfa is awesome XD
>>
>>63927153
>Hey guys if I keep posting this in TFA threads people may acknowledge me positively
>>
>>63927199
Like you just did?
>>
>>63919432
I watched at the cinema with my friends and sister.

We all left the theatre very disappointed, and regret contributing to the sales of the film.

I'll be pirating Episode VIII.
>>
>>63927625
Well shit
>>
>>63919242

This:
http://pastebin.com/2gepmwMU
>>
File: happy.png (1 MB, 569x466) Image search: [Google]
happy.png
1 MB, 569x466
When I first saw the movie, it was exciting, and thinking about it afterward with a friend who had also seen it, I started to hate it.

I saw it a second time with a friend who was seeing it his first time, and noticed a lot of my critiques were either explained, completely unfounded in the beginning, or just not a big fucking deal at all.

The story made sense, the characters actions and motivations made sense; I still hated Death Star 3.0 and the poor implementation of Captain Phasma and R2D2, the biggest complaint being the third Death Star. But as RLM said, the real drama of that part of the film is the growth of Rey and Kylo as characters.

Despite what some say here, it felt like Star Wars to me. It has possibly surpassed Return of the Jedi as my third favorite.
>>
>>63920204
Kek you dumb nigger the only reason jewrasic world is still head of TFA is because of China
>>
>>63927673
This. Fuck paying to see a rehash of Empire.

I got pissed off with myself halfway through TFA for getting sucked into the hype for marvelised Ep4.
>>
>>63928495
Jurassic world will stay ahead of TFA.
>>
>>63919242
It's a solid 7/10 movie and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
>>
>>63928445
>shilling for Disney the post
>>
its sad that actual arguments get lost in this oversimplification of the gripes

i was pretty disappointed in the movie but actually thought the main characters were ok. The worst parts to me were the overall pacing and general lack of creativity of the movie, but unfortunately the whinining about rey and finn overwhelm anything constructive
>>
>>63919541
this tbqh
>>
>>63932350
How about the lack of world building, the awful pacing, and Boyega/Finn's retarded lines among major issues the movie has? Because TFA didn't feel like Star Wars despite being a rehashed ANH with updated viduals, it felt like GotG with lightsabers.
>>
>>63931381
What's wrong with someone else having a different opinion? You gave it a 7 and not a 10 so you recognise that it's got some flaws. Those flaws stopped some people from thinking its a good movie and instead a mediocre movie.

Why do you care what others say if you're confident in what you think of the movie?
>>
Decent movie. They didn't fuck up but didn't really do anything great either. They can't get away playing it safe twice in a row though.

TR-8R was the only part that stood out to me because of how stange the whole scene felt. I also liked the Finn/Kylo fight and it was refreshing to see people trying to kill eachother and not disco sticks for the first time in a while. Rey being good at everything pissed me off.
>>
>>63932982
>They can't get away playing it safe twice in a row though.

If Episode 8 is good, people will think it validates JJ's copy and paste of ANH and I don't think it should. The current culture of movies and audiences somehow makes it ok for movies to just be "set ups" or 2 hour long trailers for upcoming sequels.
>>
>>63919242
I think people are just generally pissed off that it's so overhyped. Right now it's rated higher that A New Hope on imdb.
>>
>>63919242
>Is hating TFA a meme or something?
no, most is gernuine
>The movie was good, not great or anything like that but good.
its shallow, forgettable and insulting with bad production and direction.

>All you nerds hating the movie because muh mary sue or muh ooga booga need to grow up.
less than 1% of the criticism ive seen have been about ooga booge. MaRey Sue is a legit complaint. Sues and Stus make for boring narratives.
>>
>>63919519
not only iriginal, but kept a lot of the star wars themes, traditions and motiffs together.

this didnt feel like star wars, it felt like generic over budgetted film #587
>>
>>63919242
4chan is full of contrarians. When Bush was in office this place was left as fuck and anti war. Now that a democrat is in office it's become a conservative hangout.

There are people posting Avatar's global box office, saying TFA won't beat it. But TFA has the biggest domestic box office opening weekend in history and hasn't even opened in China yet. It's been out for one weekend and is already 30% to beating Avatar.

There are people tearing TFA apart. it has 95% on rotten tomatoes from both critics and audience.

Some people just need to shit on whatever the hot new thing is. They're empty vessels and you should feel sorry for them. We only go around once and they're wasting their loves bitching about star wars and shit.

Alright I'm going to go eat fried chicken and look at Christmas light displays with my wife. Bye guys
>>
>>63925654
People saying the phantom menace was getting as much praise as this on release are youngfags. It was getting a lot more bad reviews on release just check rottentomatoes for christs sake.

The nerd rage on forums and irc was there from the very start. It just took awhile for the hate to boil because some people were still in denial
>>
>>63924178
>It's almost a flawless movie, technically speaking,
nah, cinematography, lighting and color grading were fucked.
close ups and zoom ins are not a regular thing for star wars, niether is hand held or shakey cam generally speaking.
on top of that the framing was cramped and the exapnsive enviornment and establishing shots were non existent so a since fo scale and position hardly existed.
Further more the editing fucked the pacing up which made the movie more cramped.

everything else you say i mostly agree.
>>
>>63933610
>Some people just need to shit on whatever the hot new thing is. They're empty vessels and you should feel sorry for them. We only go around once and they're wasting their loves bitching about star wars and shit.

>Alright I'm going to go eat fried chicken and look at Christmas light displays with my wife. Bye guys

Fucking hell. Is this pasta?

Those that have a problem with this movie have offered sincere and compelling reasons why.

A RT score doesn't mean anything. This movie is better than the prequels, but, just like Phantom Menace, people get caught up in the initial hype and are possibly overestimating how good the movie is.

It's ok that you liked it and some people didn't.
>>
>>63933610
>Alright I'm going to go eat fried chicken and look at Christmas light displays with my wife.
Make sure to spend some time with your wife's son too you little cuckball
>>
>>63933924
Fincher would have bumped this movie up a couple points. But he told them to fuck off.
>>
>>63924178
>here's your snowy planet in Episode VII, by the way, it's not Hoth!

That looked NOTHING like Hoth. Do you remember any forests on Hoth?
>>
>>63935103
not a big fincher fan, but i'd believe that.
>>
>>63925110

>The pair come across an old hermit
Rey never meets Lars.

>and with the help of its owner Han Solo and his friend Chewbacca
Rey and Finn escape before they meet Han and Chewie.

>despite meeting him for the first time literally a few hours ago
At this point, Han is a war hero and a someone with a reputation that precedes him. Rey is present to see one of the most important members of the original rebellion being killed by his own son. So his death would be significant, even to someone who doesn't know him personally.. Luke takes it hard because Obi Wan is basically his only link to his father at the time.

>cousin
I don't even have to respond to this.

>secretly
It doesn't seem like he's hiding it.

Good bait though.
>>
>>63926647

I actually liked the garbage compactor reference. You think Han isn't the kind of person who would want to have taken revenge for something like that?
>>
>>63936803
A U T I S M

>i-it's not the same guys cause they meet Han and Chewie 30 seconds after leaving Jakku/Tatooine instead of on the planet
>>
>>63919242
>Is hating TFA a meme
DING DING DING
>>
File: 1347318963381.jpg (135 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1347318963381.jpg
135 KB, 500x495
>>63921089
>come back
>this thread is still up
>still no reply
No surprise at all honestly. Fuck off back to /b/ kiddo
>>
>>63936803
It isnt an exact carbon copy of ANH but it is extremely similar. The only real difference is Finn
>>
>>63933610
>with my wife. Bye guys
>i was a normalfag all along
please leave and never return reeeeeee
>>
>>63924073
>It has nothing to do with the fact that they're the leads.

but they are the leads

>you guys need to familiarize yourselves with left wing politics.

you're a fucking child. grow up.
>>
What's the deal with this movie's photography anyway? Overuse of close-ups, weird pans. It felt very kitschy, I don't know
>>
if youd actually browsed /tv/ for more than 5 minutes between reddit and facebook tabs youd realize it was shit and your thread is useless
>>
>>63919242
Agreed. It was on par with the originals, and any opinion saying otherwise is from an unappeasable manchild, movie critic wannabe, or butthurt fan boy.

7.5/10
>>
>>63924565
Last time I checked, 13 year olds were still children.
>>
>>63940723
Last I checked: 13 year olds were teenagers.
>>
This movie was kinda shitty. It made me miss the feeling of the prequels.

>independent womyn scenes
WE GET IT JJ, WE FUCKING GET IT

>bad guys are white, good guys are minorities and women

>space nazis! stormtroopers sieg heil now apparently. what was subtle in the originals has now been turned into a giant meme

>sith are comically emotional and not scary at all

>the entire movie is all fan service

>a fucking third death star why WHY WHY WHY

>a half assed and painfully self aware explanation on third death star

>no politics whatsoever, no recap, no explanation on what's been happening

>destruction of galactic fleet is a footnote

>Finn just up and leaves being a stormtrooper after getting PTSD? after one battle

>"stop holding muh hand!"

>picking up a lightsaber for the first time and beating someone trained at least partially by luke skywaker himself and then by a sith lord
>>
>>63940863
For you
>>
>>63940956
Bane pls go
>>
Just watched it, for a Star Wars movie it was okay, probably better than Return of the Jedi and the prequels. Solid effort from JewJew on his first attempt. Kylo Ren was an incredible bitch though, had the villains been better it could have been a great movie.

>any villain will ever live up to sheev and vader
>>
>>63940933

Where's your self-awareness? Seriously, what? Have you ever left your house? Do you know how fucking embarrassing it is that anyone could predict this post was going to involve a bunch of cringeworthy /pol/ shilling? Your personal triggers and politics have nothing to do with the quality of a movie you frothing, mentally retarded containment board garbage.
>>
>>63940933
>>Finn just up and leaves being a stormtrooper after getting PTSD? after one battle
They were gonna send him to stormtrooper concentration camp
>>
>>63941103

You realize that Darth Vader's character development only went from 0 to 1 at the very end of RoTJ? You sound like a moron with no perspective whatsoever, completely incapable of judging an old thing against a new thing.
>>
>>63940444
same sshole cinematographer as amazing spider man 2.

do the math.
>>
I hate it because it's the same fucking plot as IV with a bigger Death Star. Why aren't more people talking about this?!
>>
>>63941349
The death star's only real purpose in the movie is to change the lighting in the Kylo-Han scene, so I think it served its function well
>>
>>63919242
>TFW 4cahn is the only safe place you can express how truly disappointed you are about TFA, without any real social backlash.
So much for freedom
>>
>>63941112
>>63941112

idk if this is copypasta or what buuuut

I love women breaking out of traditional stereotypes, but JJ's approach, and actually Hollywood in general's approach to implementing minority and women characters outside of stereotypical roles has been to either glorify them or write their characters with the express purpose of fighting a stereotype.

What results is hackneyed, and kinda reeks of liberal white guilt. Equality isn't really about having minority heroes for the sake of them being minorities. So what we have is a bunch of white evil nazi villains, which is so fucking played out, and good guys representing some new face of equality. But this just takes agency away from how you write minority characters. Denying a woman or minority's capacity to do evil or to be a good villain or to have depth is like when white people with dreads sit around and talk about how peaceful native americans were before the white man ruined it. You're not doing anyone any favors.
>>
>>63941501

man I hate jews and niggers as much as the next guy, but you're reaching on this one.
>>
>>63941349
starkiller base sounds like it could've been one of my friends AIM screen names back in high school desu senpai
>>
>>63941501

>watch Gotham
>black people and minority villains everywhere

Do you understand what the cherrypicking fallacy is? What it means for you is that, if you can "prove" your point by citing one example, then someone can disprove your point by citing one example as well. Did you ever wonder at any point why your containment board has zero intelligent minds occupying it?

It's really sad that anonymity allows drooling morons like you to come under the impression that you aren't laughably stupid useful idiots with a selective memories. I bet you believe in astrology too. I bet you forward chain e-mails that threaten you if you don't.

Kill yourself /pol/.
>>
>>63941772
>>63941586
When looking at the state of movies and television today, there is a trope to have a white rich villain. That's a boring concept and if you can't see that that's a prominent cliche then I hope you never go into writing.

There's plenty of shows and films that have minority characters of worth without pushing their ethnicity in your face at all times, or constantly needing to bring up those topics. This movie lacked subtlety in what it was trying to do, mostly in the case of whats her face, and it came off as uncomfortable and obvious. Stay mad about it.
>>
>>63920581
good post
>>
>Is hating TFA a meme or something?

/tv/ is full of hipsters. Once something becomes popular /tv/ will hate it.
>>
>>63919242
Hey, desperate fanboy. Fuck off.

Science fiction is supposed to be all about exploring the unexplored, not rehashing the well-trod. As its key franchises become increasingly more important to the bottom line of huge studios that are fending off streaming, and view-on-demand, expect them to become more formulaic, and less interesting. It’s already begun: one of the most unabashedly creative enterprises of the 20th century has been rendered another largely enjoyable, but mostly forgettable Hollywood reboot.

TFA is empirically even worse than AoTC.
>>
>>63942122

You're confused. This movie is only "obviously trying" to do something in particular because that something in particular is what you've been brainwashed into seeing everywhere. No one is questioning why /pol/ gets triggered by everything because it's obvious and understandable. If I were brainwashed into believing that everything existing outside of a Nazi propaganda movie is liberal propaganda, then I'd also be triggered by any white male doing anything other than what I want.

The fact of the matter is that you containment boarders cry no matter what happens, which just piles more proof onto the mountain suggesting you are brainwashed. If black people are villains, you claim Jewish conspiracy because black people aren't smart enough to be villains. If white people are genius supervillains, you claim they're trying to paint white people as evil. In essence, you're upset because in all your basement time being conditioned by loner virgins on the internet, you've come to believe that anything other than a 1984-tier oppression of minorities and women is a conspiracy against you. You're so stupid and so brainwashed that you actually, unironically expect a western, globalizing civilization to exclusively cast minorities and women according to your favored stereotypes. There's no way to articulate how delusional you are. It exceeds believability, really.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 768x432
Who else /trying not to laugh at the Zootopia trailer/ here?
>>
>>63937393

I think it's very similar to ANH, but going line by line and trying to be all smug about it is retarded.
>>
>>63942439
>Thinking Star Wars is Sci-Fi and not Space Fantasy
>>
File: Rekt.jpg (20 KB, 550x168) Image search: [Google]
Rekt.jpg
20 KB, 550x168
>>63942439
>>63942448
>>
>>63942448
lol calm down I didn't say any of that.

It felt like they set out with the intention of writing a strong female character and ended up making her a god and decided the best way we could learn that she's a strong female character is to have it verbally asserted whenever possible. I mean, how many times was there a "confrontation of female stereotype" scene in this movie? There were quite a few, and they were so campy.
>>
>>63941412
>The death star's only real purpose in the movie is to change the lighting in the Kylo-Han scene

How is this not bullshit? The Death Star has been reduced to a convenient excuse for a shift in scene lighting.
>>
>>63919242
Mary sue and forced ape-like nigger casting are legitimate criticisms. Movie would have instantly been better without the agenda-pushing. I thought the movie was good but it is full of flaws, and fails to bring any depth or lore to the star wars franchise.
>>
>>63919242

It had one to many bad moments.

"It's kind of hard to understand you with the mask on" is the banepost of the film.
>>
>>63919242
>The movie was good, not great or anything like that but good.
It didn't feel like a fresh, new movie. It was A New Hope with a new dress
>>
If anyone can't figure out why this movie was immensely disappointing, you have shit taste, and you're making the world a worse place by being alive.
>>
>>63919242
Hating movies anyone else likes is the meme, TFA qualifies.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.