[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rey is not Luke's daughter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 13
File: 6400-1-1450529418.jpg (72 KB, 640x958) Image search: [Google]
6400-1-1450529418.jpg
72 KB, 640x958
I have a theory about Rey. Right now all signs point towards Rey being Luke's kid, or at least somehow connected to the Skywalker blood. However, I believe this is a red herring by JJ. Her real father is Darth Plagueis, who is calling himself Supreme Leader Snoke now.

Basically Plagueis came back weakened after Sheev shanked him and went into hiding. After the Emperor was killed Plagueis dicided it's time to make his move. He realized the flaws of the Rule of Two and the Sith and formed a new dark side cult called the Knights of Ren. His next move was to find a new apprentice/servant. He needed someone both more powerful and more loyal than Sidious and decided to create his own perfect apprentice. So Rey was born. Luke, now older and more experienced, got wind of this and snatched Rey from Plagueis' clutches while she was still a child. He knew that as she was a creation of the dark side she was extremely, but he couldn't bring himself to kill her, so he mind wiped her and left her on backwater planet where Plagueis couldn't find her. In retaliation Plagueis corrupted Kylo and turned him against Luke.

This explains why Rey is so gifted without being yet another Skywalker, it explains why Luke left her on Jakku, the dark voices she was hearing as she was curbing Kylo, and will give her a much needed internal struggle in the sequels. And for maximum poetry it lets Plagueis hit her with a "I am your father" in VIII.

Thoughts?
>>
I agree with not Luke's daughter and that'd about it
>>
>>63916582
Who then? She's obviously related to someone powerful. I'd have guess Sheev, but he's been dead for 30+ years.
>>
shes obi wans granddaughter
>>
>>63916780
No. Obi-Wan was never that powerful and he was the model Jedi. He wouldn't betray the code like that.
>>
>>63916348
I don't think she's Luke's daughter, and your theory sort of makes sense. But I'm not sure if Plagueis is known to the normies, it's sort of a throwaway line in the movie isn't it?
>>
>>63916613
Han's daughter you fucks. She was at the academy with Kylo Ren but she survived and Luke hid her on Jakku. Do you think cousin vs cousin would be as cool as brother vs sister? That's why she works so well with Han, completes his lines, etc, because she's his daughter. Ben and Rey being twins.
>>
>>63917008
Then why didn't Kylo recognize her? Yeah, she was a kid, but they'd be connected by the Force like Luke and Leia.
>>
>>63917074
He recognized her, that's why he said "Solo wouldn't be a good father" when she said "Like the father I've never had". Also he wanted to convert her to the dark side, probably at the academy to and that's why she was spared.
>>
File: Kylo_Ren.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ren.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>Kylo knows she will become stronger with the force because she's just begun exploring her power

?????

How did he know this?
>>
>>63917157
Do you even Star Wars?
>>
>that creepy star wars spam still on
Bravo mods!!
>>
>>63917139
If he had recognized her he would have said something. He said that about Han because she was following him around and because he was buttblasted.
>>
>>63916348
Finn is a Luke's kid.
Rey is just a random street urchin with a talents.
>>
>>63916348
Nope. She's NotRevan.

She's Luke's daughter, but was also a Knight of Ren herself. Luke mind-wiped her and left her on Jakku because, despite her complicity in killing the younglings, she was his daughter and he still loves her and couldn't come to kill her. That's why she has high level lightsaber skills and Force powers. That's why Luke looked so conflicted at the end of TFA; it's his daughter, but it's also the ruin of the Jedi.

Episode VIII will make the "I am your father" reveal from Luke to Rey early in the film as a feint twist, with Luke making up some bullshit story about him leaving her on Jakku for her safety. She'll then encounter Snoke herself in the final act (despite Luke pleading her not to), and Snoke will remove the memory block and reveal her dark past in the real Empire-tier twist.
>>
Am I the only one who got a strong feeling that Kylo just wanted to get in her tutu?
>>
>>63916348

Snoke is not Darth Plagueis, as Snoke is not a Munn.

So there goes your theory gobshite.

Snoke is the stringpuller, literally the architect. Luke has developed a weapon to kill Snoke and will use Rey to use it against him.

The Jedi Temple is under the island and the lost tablets that Darth Bane hid there.
>>
>>63917241

Why is Finn strong with the KFC gravy side then?
>>
>>63917259
Then why didn't Kylo recognize her?
>>
File: 1449832572829.png (304 KB, 329x430) Image search: [Google]
1449832572829.png
304 KB, 329x430
i wish u were right but JJ Abrams aint that smart
>>
>>63917297
Talented men usually have retarded kids.
>>
>>63917320

Are you implying being black is retarded?
>>
>>63917008
how the fuck would Han not know that she's his daughter? And how would Rey not remember Han? Unless she was taken to the academy 2.0 as a baby or something. But that doesn't gel because ahan and Leia have dialogue that suggests kylo/ben went to train with luke when he was a little older.

I sincerely hope that Rey has no relation to anyone in the OT. We already ahve enough family dynamic going on and we don't need another. Just give Rey a connection to Luke (maybe her sibling was killed by kylo in jedi academy 2.0 or something and she was left on jakku for protection) and let that be it
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 792x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 792x599
No. She's clearly Dooku's granddaughter.

She's gonna be a dark side user's bloodline to counter Kylo's light side user bloodline. Dooku was the only Sith who was never really evil and he was one of the most powerful light side users. It's the only reason they kept the prequels canon.
>>
>>63917271
>Snoke is not a Munn.

And neighter is Plagueis, buddy. The EU is dead and buried. We don't know what race Plagueis was, but the fact his theme plays during Snoke's scenes tells us something.
>>
>>63917259

>8 year old child
>knight of ren

wew
>>
>>63917376
>We don't know what race Plagueis was,

This
>>
File: 1448399338567.gif (2 MB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
1448399338567.gif
2 MB, 440x330
>>63917259

>mfw

Just no, no no no no noooooooooooooooooooo.

You couldnt be anymore wrong.

Just fuck off guy
>>
okay guys, who said this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w

???
>>
>>63917363
Somehow. But he's black because Luke's fiancee was black. Just like George's wife. It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>63917319
JJ isn't directing the next one.
>>
Rey being Luke's daughter would be too simplistic at this point.She's probably Kylo's sister or Darth Vader's son.
>>
>>63916613
Can't she just be a separate person?

Not everything has to be tied to the Skywalkers or the Emperor
>>
>>63916348
She's a Kenobi
>>
>>63916348
I honestly hope that Disney got you to write the sequels. Really.
>>
>>63917419

Luke in Episode XIII
>>
>>63917440

You don't think they can't get more simplistic?

Besides, Rey being Luke's daughter would be the only thing that would lend any credence to her abilities at this point
>>
>>63917394
To be fair, that could just be a false memory. We don't know when the attack on Luke's academy happened.

Revan remembers having a whole childhood and military career even though the Jedi mind wiped him only a year before KotOR begins.
>>
>>63917259

Remember Snoke's reaction to "the girl."

It was more of a: I have a plan

Rather than...

A fucking girl, whos force sensitive!?!?!?

Clearly theres no preamble to her story other than she's a stray shot of jizzy mediclorian
>>
>>63917259
So she's Jason Bourne?
Bravo Jew Jew
>>
Finn is a double agent. He's working for Snoke the whole time.
>>
>>63917443
So she's just some random girl with power that rivals Luke and Anakin? Seems unlikely and what about her mysterious origin?
>>
18 MONTHS WAIT

don't know if I will make it
>>
>>63917571
You mean 17. It comes out in May 2017.
>>
>>63917571
only 12 months until Rogue One ;)
>>
Guys, what if she's a Starkiller?
>>
>>63917612
Too young to be trained by Vader and everyone hated Starkiller.
>>
>>63917376

Plageius is a Munn you fucking tit, has been since forever. Don't give me the Disney mods argument.

You can suck my little mexican penis
>>
>>63916348
No I think Rey is the sister of Ben.
One of the last scenes when she hugs Leia makes no sense right now. They don't know each other, why would they hug? Unless there's a strong force connection between them two. And this way you get an "I am your brother" scene with Ben.

The hugging scene was pretty bad either way though. Why would Chewbacca just walk by and not even acknowledge her.
>>
>>63917649
Everyone hate her as well. She could be frozen in carbonite all those years inside one of broken ships or something.
>>
File: best emma laugh.jpg (240 KB, 1656x1009) Image search: [Google]
best emma laugh.jpg
240 KB, 1656x1009
>>63917653
>butthurt EU fanboy
>>
>>63917401

WTF, he's a Munn you inbred piece of shit. If you were trolling & googling before the franchise was sold you'd know this.
>>
>>63917685
>Why would Chewbacca just walk by and not even acknowledge her.

we all grieve differently, bruh. And if the ywere siblings, why was there no big Leia reveal of "omg ur my long lost daughter lol" in this film?
>>
>>63917443
Not according to Star Wars fans
>>
>>63917367
This seems the most plausible. Would explain the accent.
>>
>>63917753
Whew, the EU isn't canon anymore, lad.
>>
>>63917749

WHat are you laughing at, you don't have any frame of reference, your out of your element and you wander into the middle of an argument like a child.

He is a Munn, been around for agez dude, live with it.

Also, Ben was seduced to the dark side by tablets left at the Jedi Temple by Darth Bane, and luke will have changed them to proove the dark sides fault and trick Snoke into wanting them and breaking him through them.
>>
>>63917775
c'mon bruh, star wars is poetry 101, nothing happens just randomly. no powerful character comes out of the blue.
>>
>>63917814

Wookiefucker waht, you are all shit heads, Canon means nothing.

Its all a ruse to set up edgey storylines which trick people into being shocked at outcomes.

Its not fan driven so therefore is manipulative
>>
>>63916348
Rey is my waifu
>>
>>63916866
Obi Wan the purest of jedi? Lol, anon. He was banging Duchess Satine six ways to Sunday according to The Clone Wars (and it's still canon).

So that'd make Rey 1/4 Mandolorian at least and thus capable of those amazing no-previous-experience-necessary combat feats she manages later on in the flick.
>>
>>63917957
go suck a wookie's schlong you fat hutt
>>
File: 1450359671421.gif (2 MB, 520x293) Image search: [Google]
1450359671421.gif
2 MB, 520x293
>>63917978

Fifth Element Anon delivars 1/4 of truth with 1/3 of internet truth which makes what?
>>
>>63917765
He didn't even acknowledge her standing there and vice verca. It was weird considering what just happened.

>why was there no big Leia reveal
For the same reason Kylo being Ben was not a big "reveal," but was mentioned casually. The reveal is going to be at the end of VIII, like it was with the first trilogy. At this point neither Leia nor Rey really know I assume. It's gonna be that "oh yeah I always secretly knew" relationship that Luke and Leia had.
>>
Rey is Sheev's daughter

She was a former sith that was mind wiped by Luke
>>
>>63918016

Cos I stumped you, you can lick the cheese out of my british uncircumsised 4skin.

Put it on toast with smoked salmon then take the elevator to the 3ieme etage.
>>
>>63918088
yeah bruh your just like the prequels: utter trash
>>
File: image.png (225 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
225 KB, 640x480
Why have you autist latched onto Sheev when Dooku is the way more obvious choice for her ancestor, especially given the accent?
>>
>>63918132

>calls me bruh
>then trash

Make your mind up dude, he's not a Munn, then you concede the point.

Your whole life must be a mishmash of compromises on your hopes and dreams. Live long dude in your fake vane shit life.
>>
Shes qui gons daughter
>>
>>63917271

Bane?
>>
>>63918223
Didn't granddaughter of a Count supposed to live in castle with servants and shit?
>>
>>63919116
Not by the point she was born. Dooku's descendants were probably in hiding.
>>
>>63919453
In hiding with maids, personal guard, fencing teacher etc. They'd probably just went to space Argentina or something.
>>
Reminder that the actress that plays Rey is the daughter of the actress that plays Leia
>>
Rey being Han and Leia's daughter/Kylo's sister would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that Han and Leia constantly lament the loss of their son. Why would they be so hung up on him but never mention their daughter?
>>
Kylo Ren is Luke and Leia's child.
Rey is Luke and Leia's child.

The big reveal in episode VIII will be when Luke confronts Kylo and tells him that he is actually his father. This will break Kylo and cause him to work against the First Order. In the third film he'll go full rogue and go out in a blaze of glory that both helps and harms both sides.

In episode VIII after training with Luke, Rey will set out on a little self discovery trip and travel the galaxy with her new force powers helping these people who are getting fucked by the First Order. Without realizing it she's using more and more of the dark side of the force and and builds her own little resistance/ first order hybrid. Finn and Poe will spend the film battling Rey's following and deepening their bromance.

Since Rey is battling both the First Order and the Resistance she becomes the enemy of both. After a while she comes to the conclusion that the inaction of the New Republic has killed more people than anything else and sets her sights on attacking them. Leia finds this out and sends out a squad to intercept her but Rey wasn't with her fleet of ships, she was on a personal one on her way to the Rebel HQ. She then kills Leia. The Republic finally gets off thier asses and they put together a shitty militia to defend their planets when they hear what happened to Leia and sets the stage for delicious 4 way urban combat on a Republic planet
>>
>>63919711
And the actor who plays Finn is unofficial son of Lukas.
>>
>>63917521

Why cant she be a random person? Force is stronger in some families, sure but it doesnt mean that everyone else in the galaxy who is not a Skywalker fucking sucks at Force.
>>
>>63919920
Dude, what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>63920218
She's a Dooku
>>
>>63920218
>Implying she's not gonna be a distant skywalker cousin once removed
>>
>>63919920
Fanfic thread is thisaway anon
>>>/trash/
>>
>>63918223
>>63917367
>thinking they're reference the weakest villain of the PT

Plagueis is the only interesting aspect of the PT.
>>
Rey is Han Solo's daughter.

Just the same way Vader lost/found his kids, so too will Han/Leia.
The Holo death scene will make it that much more for Rey to have hope because she will be fighting for a man that she viewed as her dad that really actually was her dad.
>>
>>63920669
>Weakest villain

That isn't Darth Maul. Dooku was 2nd strongest Jedi you pleb, he was Yoda's Padawan and Qui Gon's master. He took on both Obi Wan and Anakin 2x and only once Anakin went full power could he defeat him.

Not to mention Dooku was never a villain, he just wanted the violence to stop and joined the Emperor once he realized that he was already in control of the Republic and The Jedi.
>>
>>63920770
These movies would be complete and utter shit if that is the case considering she has interacted with Han and Leia multiple times and they never mentioned a daughter.

It's very different from Vader not knowing his kid's survived and not seeing them for 30 years.
>>
File: 1450283718511.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450283718511.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>63920669
>dooku
>weak
>>
File: Untitled.png (174 KB, 357x251) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
174 KB, 357x251
>>63920995
>>63920783
Yes, piss weak in the movies.
>>
>>63916348
EU bullshit
>>
>>63921032
>fought obi and anakin
>won
>fought master yoda
>tied
>fought obi and anakin again
>anakin manages to out manoeuvre him

Also during all this time Dooku never had the intention of killing any of them.
>>
>>63920783
>>63920995
For fuck's sake, I wasn't talking about power levels, you autists. I meant the weakest as a character.
>>
>>63921128
>fought master yoda
>tied

kek is that why he ran away?
>>
>>63917313
She had a mask on when she was a knight?
>>
>>63921355
He actually had a lot of depth. That scene where's he's telling Anakin the Emperor is in control of the Republic so it's all pointless was actually pretty good.
>>
>>63921596
You think they've never seen their faces? That's dumb. Besides, he would have felt her in the Force.
>>
>>63921396
he had an appointment.
>>
>>63917367
>Dooku was the only Sith who was never really evil

Somebody needs to watch Clone Wars.
>>
>>63921711
>implying that's canon anymore
>>
>>63921730
It is Cannon. So is Rebels.
>>
>>63921711
I watched all of clone wars. Dooku never comes off once as evil. He's simply trying to end the conflict by doing the Emperor's bidding. The Emperor controlled both sides, what would you have done?
>>
>>63921762
Oh you mean the second TV show. I thought you meant the original cartoon
>>
>>63921774
His betrayal of Ventress alone was pure evil. He killed separatist trying to end the war, kidnapped children, worked with slavers. This guy was scum.
>>
>>63917364
It's a numbered Star Wars sequel. Rey is a Skywalker.
>>
>>63921895
What? Did you even watch it? He didn't want to berry Ventress the Emperor made him and everything else you mentioned was a necessity. Stop dealing in absolutes.

>>63921926
That'd be shit. I legit would never watch these movies again.
>>
>>63921693
>That scene where's he's telling Anakin

You mean Obi-Wan. And that scene made no sense.
>Join me, Obi-Wan. Together we can destroy the Sith. Oh, and this red lightsaber is just a prank, I totally don't work for the bad guy and I'm not a Sith.
>>
>>63916348
Seriously, why people like this movie? it's the exact same plot than before.
>>
>>63922023
>That'd be shit. I legit would never watch these movies again

Probably for the best, it sounds like Star Wars isn't for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viDu9SLvF_E#t=1m10s

>grandchildren
>children
>plural
>>
>>63922119
He clearly meant join me and we could kill the Emperor. He only joined the Emperor to become more powerful and maybe end the war. If not he was at least on the winning side.
>>
>>63922156
Sounds like it isn't for you. Jedis don't have babies so if she is Lukes he has betrayed the path of the Jedi which would be awful because he is suppose to be the return of the Jedi.

If she is Han and Leia's kid that also makes no sense because they have already interacted with her so much. So what part of that makes Star Wars not for me? Sounds like it's not for you if you want that.
>>
File: jabba.gif~c200.gif (529 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
jabba.gif~c200.gif
529 KB, 200x200
>Sounds like it isn't for you. Jedis don't have babies so if she is Lukes he has betrayed the path of the Jedi which would be awful because he is suppose to be the return of the Jedi
>>
>>63922302
Are you implying Luke is not the ROTJ?
>>
>>63922587
One of the big points of the prequels is that the Jedi had become hypocritical and complacent after a thousand years without real challenge. It's also driven home in ROTJ that Luke is a Jedi who does things differently. He doesn't blindly follow Yoda and Ben's orders to kill his father, which they believe to be the only recourse. He follows his own path and listens to his feelings, like Qui-Gon. This is what makes him the one true Jedi.

Plus you're still not accounting for the fact that Luke may have simply viewed Rey as a mistake and abandoned her in true, shitty Skywalker tradition. But Rey will be his daughter, mark my words.
>>
File: NeverGiveUp.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
NeverGiveUp.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>63922302
>>63922587
Remember that he's making a new Jedi order with no force sensitive kids still alive.
Solution? Fuck every woman in the stars spreading his seed like a Johnny Applesead of Jedi.
>>
>>63916348
shes a Kenobi
>>
File: Fire me.png (214 KB, 321x390) Image search: [Google]
Fire me.png
214 KB, 321x390
>>63917319
JJ didn't write the fucking script.
>>
>>63917401
ADD TO THE CONVERSATION YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT. SAYING "THIS" DOES NOTHING BUT WASTE YOUR AND EVERYONE'S TIME. FUCKING END YOURSELF.
>>
>>63917456
You're retarded. This theory is shit, Reddit.
>>
>>63916348
You may actually be on to something - holy shit.

IF Plagueis is still around, logically it would follow that he could create more Anakins too. And why the hell he wouldn't? If he didn't, now that would be a plot hole.
>>
>>63917473
But Luke wasn't that powerful.

Hell, arguably Anakin wasn't as powerful as her.

Where did she come from?
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.