[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"It's Christoph Waltz doing the same shit again, only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
"It's Christoph Waltz doing the same shit again, only this time it's Tim Roth": the role.
>>
>>63914696
Tarantino has a limited number of character types that he can write. It's not the actors faults
>>
JJL Oscar when?
>>
what happened? did christoph waltz and tarantino have beef?
>>
>>63915523
Character is written to be a brit. Waltz is austrian
>>
>>63915523
Yes word in hollywood rumor mill is Waltz didnt kiss QT's ass enough on the Django award tour and he turned down the role here to do Bond. Niggas aren't cool right now that's for sure.
>>
>>63915281
>Tarantino has a limited number of character types that he can write.
Not really. He just likes to keep a few actors on for multiple movies and always brings in a few new ones. He'll choose an actor he wants to come back and write a part with them in mind and it usually works out because he can get who he wants. But in this case he goofed because Waltz doesn't wanna be that "Tarantino guy" (too late methinks) and said no.

What exactly does Roth do that feels like Waltz though?
>>
Why does he always hire the same actors? He claims to be this prophet of diversity and yet if every director was like him, <100 people would have actor jobs in hollywood.
>>
>>63916059
Everything. He moves and acts the way Schultz does in Django, mixing danger and a certain naiveness in the character. Just like Hans Landa in Inglorious Basterds as well.
>>
I bet the scene was initially written for Waltz, and he turned it down. Instead of finding another german-speaking guy he just made some minor changes and called it a new character.
>>
>>63916159
Shame. When I heard that Tarantino had a part for Waltz and he turned it down I hoped Tarantino would re-write it or something. It's not gonna help the movie if all I can do is think of Waltz when watching Roth.

Does Roth at least do a good job with it?
>>
>>63916784
Roth is more than fine in that role, but the character screams King Schultz.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.