[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Storm Trooper armor is no longer an enclosed system with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14
File: Shiggydiggy.jpg (145 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Shiggydiggy.jpg
145 KB, 600x400
>Storm Trooper armor is no longer an enclosed system with environmental controls (toxic air can somehow kill them, considering in the established canon they can even survive in outer space and under water until their air supply runs out due to this enclosed system where they never breathe actual environmental shit in)
>Force powers can just be learned by thinking about something, almost like how the Green Lantern powers work
>Lightsaber fighting is no longer a disciplined weapon. You can literally be a Stormtrooper or a level 1 scavenger and fight a seasoned Sith apprentice with ease, even defeating him
>The Star Killer weapon can fire suns at other planets, with said energy being able to travel multitudes faster than light (the amount of time it takes for it to go from the very most outer rim area it occupies, to an inner core system, means the blast was travelling at around 5,000 times the speed of light. Wut.)
>Tie Fighters can now take multiple blasts from mounted turbo canons without even having a scratch, whereas they will be destroyed by a single shot from an X-Wing
>Tie Fighters can now take out emplacement turrets on a fucking Star Destroyer in a single hit, yet can't even knock out the Falcon's engines in at least 10 hits with the shields down
>Dark Side users no longer show physical corruption, and their eyes won't change when enraged
>You can fall out of a space ship that crashes at hundreds of miles per hour, and within the space of a few hours not only be picked up in densely fortified enemy territory, but have so few injuries that you can fly an X-Wing better than anyone else
>Within the space of 30 years, the entire Imperial Navy was replaced by slaves and dark side fanatics
>The New Republic is composed of 4 planets, with their entire fleet, which is supposedly better than the First Order who control thousands of systems, being in dry dock/low orbit of said planets as they are destroyed

Reminder that anyone who likes the new lore is a casual.
>>
>>63908220
>Dark Side users no longer show physical corruption, and their eyes won't change when enraged
Anakin was using lenses. He was just an edgy boy.
>>
File: LorkSkydringus.jpg (31 KB, 773x481) Image search: [Google]
LorkSkydringus.jpg
31 KB, 773x481
>>63908220
>caring this much
>>
>>63908220
Kylo isn't a sith. Pretty sure Snoke purposefully has him just out of feeling the dark side. He wants Kylo to be torn and fight himself

Outside of that I agree
>>
Thoughtful military writing is for books like your pic related, not 2hr movies. No gungan ball thingies or hitting armored troops with a rock-on-a-stick is all I ask/hope for at the cinema.
>>
>>63908397
I dunno mane, Anakin got his sith eyes after killing people in the jedi temple. We see Kylo order troopers to lay waste to a town of innocents and he kills and old man. He's probably been doing that for years. if that doesn't make anyone a sith idfk what does
>>
>>63908220
>You can literally be a Stormtrooper or a level 1 scavenger and fight a seasoned Sith apprentice with ease, even defeating him
He didn't though?
>>
>>63908601
>Cuts the shit out of his arm
>Scavenger girl defeats him, literally the first time she's ever picked up a saber

Yes, yes, let the casual beta apologetic habits course through you my young faggot.
>>
>>63908333
>TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN
>>
>>63908661
Finn still lost.
>>
>>63908661
>Forgets to mention Kylo had his stomach/hip blasted by a weapon repeatedly shown to rekt everything it hits.

Yes keep being a cherry picking faggot that only saw the scene in a webm and not in a theater.
>>
File: Lam.jpg (37 KB, 540x388) Image search: [Google]
Lam.jpg
37 KB, 540x388
>>63908771
Injuries make Sith stronger combatants. It's present in pretty much any and all Star Wars shit you can watch/read/play.

It's why Kylo was literally punching his own wounds and making them worse, to enrage himself.
>>
>>63908220
why are you posting Nightcrawler?
>>
>>63908895
>It's present in pretty much any and all Star Wars shit you can watch/read/play.
Not movies, not canon.
>>
>>63908895
No Sith or Jedi in any of the movies sustained an injury like that and kept fighting. He was pounding on his injury to use the pain to enhance his ability but he is still human and was bleeding profusely even before the fight with Finn.

It was a plot device for people who actually payed attention to let them know hey this is why Finn/Rey could duel with Kylo. Finn got rekt almost as hard as Anakin when he tried to fight Dooku on his own. Rey was obvious a bit of plot armor/shit we don't know yet in the story telling.
>>
>>63908771

force rage

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_rage
>>
File: 1448009255022.jpg (27 KB, 327x308) Image search: [Google]
1448009255022.jpg
27 KB, 327x308
>>63908994
>He doesn't know that Clone Wars and Rebels is canon

What a pitiful casual you must be. Go back to Instagram you peasant.

>>63909001
It wasn't a plot device to let you know he was hurt. Everyone saw him get shot by Chewie, it's not like it was some slight-of-hand off screen shit.

>Holding his side
>Starts punching it as hard as he can
>Camera zooms down and you see blood dropping into the snow
>Gee, that's totally a normal action for a wounded person to do
>>
>>63909007
That's an empty article for me. Greentext some of it or something. In the movies the only time we see a "force rage" might be when Luke hits Vader in the arm during the fight in Ep 5. Which looked more like a glancing blow than taking a fucking bowcaster shot to the guts.
>>
>>63908220
>>Dark Side users no longer show physical corruption, and their eyes won't change when enraged
The other complaints are valid but this was always fucking awful.
>>
>>63909162
The plot device was to let you know he was weakened, but props to whoever set those scenes up. Most movies forget when a fucking character is wounded and the character moves like nothing had happened just a few scenes before. But its obvious it was intentional to help remind people that Kylo is weakened.

But retards will still cry "why could finn and rey fight Kylo"
>>
File: Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes.png (487 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes.png
487 KB, 500x688
>>63908537
>Thoughtful military writing
pic related is better than star wars in every way
>>
>>63909224
Again, Sith don't become weak from physical injuries. This isn't some deep lore EU shit, this is in the cartoons which are canon.

>Palps starts getting rekt by Yoda and gets hurt
>Loses his shit and obliterates the fuck out of Yoda

You gotta keep on point, bruv.
>>
>>63909001
I think the issue was the presentation of the fight, Ren fucks up Finn so quickly and manages to hold his own against Rey for awhile, so I think people would assume that the injuries aren't that severe. They could have exaggerated his weakness more instead of just alluding to it. Because in the end it just makes him much less threatening as a villain, hopefully he beats or at least draws Rey next movie.
>>
>He put this much thought into a familty space fantasy movie thats plot isnt even the main focus but rather the characters, their relationships and lightsabers.

I could see if this were star trek, but star wars isnt sci-fi, you're a faggot.
>>
>>63909338
And Kylo is not a Sith, he is barely a force apprentice. Snoke is keeping his abilities and understanding on the force repressed.

So don't bring your fag ass children cartoons into an argument bruv.
>>
>>63909454
Either a Dark Jedi or Sith, it doesn't matter, the Dark Side is fueled by pain and suffering.

>Also implying he isn't a Sith apprentice when Snoke clearly is a Sith lord
>"W..WHERE'S THE PROOF?"
>The "There's been an awakening in the force, have you felt it?" line, indicating they are both not only sensitives, but are powerful enough to feel such shifts in the force
>>
>>63909385
I think the whole point of Kylo is that he isn't very threatening. Also by the second half of the movie its shown that Rey is the main protagonist and that the "Force Awakens" in her during this fight between Kylo.

I think their second fight, if it happens next movie, Kylo will defeat Rey. Then in the third movie who knows.
>>
>>63909338
>Again, Sith don't become weak from physical injuries.
Right, that's why Anakin rekt Obiwan's shit after he got his arms and legs cut off. Come on man, I don't care how much force rage you have, if you're losing a shit ton of blood it's going to harm your ability to fight.
>>
>>63908220
>fight a seasoned Sith apprentice
lol.
> Dark Side users no longer show physical corruption, and their eyes won't change when enraged
Uhh, did you not see how ugly he was under his mask?
>>
>>63909531
shot in side is different than having no limbs you fucking retard.
>>
>>63909525
I think Ren threat becomes significantly less when he meant Rey because she is just so much more Op. Throughout the rest of the movie his force powers were presented as legitimately menacing and was powerful enough to be a threat to the heroes. So at least in presentation, I don't think he was presented as incompetent, just mentally unstable. I think they tried to balance having a strong female character and a insecure but dangerous villain that was a threat to the heroes and who provided tension.
>>
>>63908895
Yeah, man, we all saw how well Dooku did when both his hands were suddenly removed from his wrists. He became so powerful his head fell off, right?
>>
>>63909587
Obi Wan collapsed into a heap when Dooku nicked his leg and arm. All the Jedi shot by blasters in the prequels were killed or collapsed, Vader and Kylo are the only ones to shrug off saber strikes that we've seen in the movies.
>>
>>63909162
I've never been shot by a wookie bowcaster, but I've struck some of my own athletic injuries in the past because it gives temporary relief. Obv, I wouldn't do this for all types of injuries.
>>
>>63909642
in all the shit the ability to use pain to git gud is part of the dark side or whatever, like choking people and stuff.
probably something to do with using rage to be strong or whatever and focusing on your pain or whatever.
>>
>>63908220

Why is Henry Cavill in Star Wars
>>
>>63908220
>>Lightsaber fighting is no longer a disciplined weapon. You can literally be a Stormtrooper or a level 1 scavenger and fight a seasoned Sith apprentice with ease, even defeating him
Every scrub could always pick up a lightsaber. It was established in the movie that Ray was an apt meelee weapon fighter with her staff. Also, Kylo was trained by Luke, who duels like a wooden puppet himself. Have you even seen the OT? Lightsaber skills are dead since the destruction of the Jedi Temple and Anakin becoming robotVader
>>
>>63908220

I don't remember Dooku changing.
>>
File: 1361831915257.gif (1 MB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
1361831915257.gif
1 MB, 200x195
>>63908220
OP has just proved in a single post that he doesn't know the old lore half as well as he thinks he does
>>
>>63909698
But aren't Jedi fucking zen masters that can block out pain with the light? It was very obvious Kylo was hitting his wound to focus his pain into power, also because it helps ease the pain and gives you an adrenaline boost. The point is no other force user in the movies took as much punishment as Kylo and kept fighting.

People argue that Vader kinda gave up against Luke and allowed himself to be defeated. Thats a logical explanation to how a relatively untested person could beat a fucking war veteran and the god damn Chosen One of the force. So how is Kylo being extremely wounded not a viable reason to why Finn and Rey could duel with him like they did?
>>
>>63908556
He's a Knight of Ren, not a Sith. Apparently they have a different system even if they are Dark Side users. Snooke isn't a Sith either.
>>
>>63909786
Will you at least admit how stupid it is that their is a secret rival dark side organization that has never done anything until now?
>>
>>63909930
They didn't exist until Luke began training a group of force sensitives. Did you watch the movie or listen to what was said? Snoke is still an unknown, but he seems to have arisen to the power vacuum left by Sheev.
>>
>>63909930
I'm inclined to agree with this in that there wasn't enough backstory given on wtf was going on with the First Order and Snuuk and company but it's literally an entire galaxy that has major unexplored regions, so it's not too much of an asspull for there to be new factions

This movie just didn't make sense with the balance of power. How many systems do the Republic and First Order control respectively? Why does destroying a single system neuter the republic? How is the resistance a force to be reckoned with if they whole fleet is two squadrons?
>>
File: 1443483809451.jpg (110 KB, 1250x903) Image search: [Google]
1443483809451.jpg
110 KB, 1250x903
>>63908220
>toxic air can somehow kill them, considering in the established canon they can even survive in outer space and under water

EU ain't canon no more, you silly prick, and it certainly ain't established if it was mentioned in some dumbass book or video game.
>>
>>63910017
They wiped out the entire New Republic senate and the star system it was in. The Resistance has a similar force power as the Rebellion did in New Hope. Handful of pilots and ground troops. It was like what, 30 ships that took on the first Death Star? How many went in with Poe?
>>
>>63909930
Maybe they're a new thing, edgemaster?
>>
>>63908220
>>Dark Side users no longer show physical corruption, and their eyes won't change when enraged

That doesn't always happen, and it's established in the canon that Sith can control it. Plus, Ren is clearly not completely trained
>>
>>63910164
>>63910164
>Dark Side users no longer show physical corruption

Of course it doesn't always happen. Palpatine was just walking around looking like a normal dude until he took all that force lightning to the face. Anyone mad about this is a shit eating pleb
>>
>>63908220
>The New Republic is composed of 4 planets

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>63909930
If this thread is about old canon vs new canon then the old canon is WAY more guilty for this than the new canon.

And even if the thread isn't about this, then no -- it's not stupid.
>>
>>63910219
Plus, Dooku never once looked corrupted
>>
>>63910164
And uglu as fuck. Probably because he is still kinda corrupted.
>>
File: confede.jpg (177 KB, 960x926) Image search: [Google]
confede.jpg
177 KB, 960x926
>>63908220
How do we make this end?

Do we burn Disney to the ground, or do we all just kill ourselves?
>>
>>63910343
Apathy. I dont really care about star wars anymore. The prequels already killed it for me, this new trilogy is like beating a dead horse.
>>
>>63910421
>Apathy. I dont really care about star wars anymore.

I'm with you for everything since the 2014 "reboot."
But everything before then is pretty much golden in my book, even (especially) the prequels.

The CGI show was pretty fucking rough. But people kept telling me that it got better.
>>
There's no power scale in The Force Awakens.

How is it at all possible that in his rise through the dark side, from one of Luke's padawans to Master of the Knights of Ren, that Kylo has never encountered a challenge harder than

a) a former stormtrooper janitor
b) a scavenger with a lightsabre she knows nothing about

How is it possible he's never faced anything that difficult before
>>
>>63910600
Probably cause he never faced someone after being shot in the abdomen with a bowcaster.
>>
>>63910671
>after being shot in the abdomen with a bowcaster.

Add on to this the fact that they spend the whole film building up just how powerful the bowcaster is
>>
>>63910600
Please

this edgelord could barely maintain his composure outside of battle

we're talking about someone who will repeatedly punch his own wounds

Kid had it coming.
>>
>>63910671
>>63910726
Yeah and then add on the fact that in the opening minute of the film its established that Kylo Ren can stop blaster bolts in mid-air

Oh wait a minute...
It's almost like this film is terrible
>>
>>63910736
>he could barely contain outside of battle
>that's why he lost the battle

What?
>>
>>63910745
It's reasonable to believe that the emotion of him killing his dad meant that he didn't expect Chewie's attack, which also happened from further away
>>
>>63910671
And he got hit by the lightsaber when fighting Finn

AND he had her on the defensive until they reached the cliff

That was my only issue with this fight. When she takes that moment to "focus" like she forgot she could use the force until that moment
>>
>>63910745
Luke gets fucking shot in the hand because he was distracted. Kylo gets shot in the abdomen after killing his own father. Try again.
>>
>>63910761
He's unstable, unfocused and not fully trained. And this shows in many scenes, it's not deep cinema you know.
>>
>>63910783
LUKE IS NEVER SHOWN TO BE ABLE TO STOP BLASTER BOLTS YOU DUMBASS
>>
kek al these mad nerds
>>
>>63910421

Its a real shame because I liked Star Wars until Disney bought it. Now I just don't care anymore, because its no different then any other series. Its just like another Marvel movie series with no redeeming qualities of its own.
>>
>>63910777
Wrong, this has been disproven so many times. Kylo murdering Han is premediated as fuck, he smiles as he does it, even luring Han in closer to make killing him easier.

It doesn't take any emotional toll on him, he wanted to do it for years. It was a relief, a boost more than anything.

But I'm sure you'll be able to dream up some annoying piece of head canon to explain why a trained force user would lose to a scavenger and traitor janitor
>>
>>63910847
What the fuck are you talking about? Its to show even force users can be hit by blaster bolts for various reasons. Have you been tested for autism?
>>
>>63909642
>these Jedi were killed by blasters and Obi-Wan, a Jedi, couldn't move after being hurt by Dooku
>but these two Sith/apprentices shrugging off blaster bolts means the Sith aren't fueled by pain and suffering
No really, on a scale 1-10, how fucking stupid are you? And be honest.
>>
>>63910881
Have you been tested? Because your refusal to follow the flow of conversation is infuriating.

>Movie establishes Kylo as able to use the Force to freeze a blaster bolt in mid-air
>later retcons this by allowing Chewie to shoot him with the bowcaster, which he doesn't even try to stop or freeze

>basically the same as the Jedi having super dooper speed at the start of TPM, and then never using it again

>You said the bowcaster hitting Kylo caused him to lose to Rey
>I said it was stupid that he didn't just stop the bolt in mid-air
>You said 'hurrr Luke got shot as well'
>I said Luke is never ever shown to be able to stop bolts in mid air, so that's not a problem
>You somehow struggled to follow this
>>
>>63910879
>Disproven

You mean speculated

Plus, it's clear his character is more complex than that. He's the only character in the films (and from what I remember, the only one in the books too) who is afraid of "falling to the light side". There is clearly internal conflict for him. He's trying to exorcise his demons, and that's why he smiles.

Keep guessing though.
>>
File: 1450453109445.jpg (134 KB, 440x626) Image search: [Google]
1450453109445.jpg
134 KB, 440x626
>all these people thinking that the dark side doesn't have physical manifestation anymore
>all these people thinking that kylo ren is actually dark side

Have you guys watched the fucking movie? He's a teenager with daddy issues, wanting to be a rebel. He's fighting using the light side, he ain't no sith, that's why his eyes never turn red.

You guys are fucking stupid. Just like SW fans desu
>>
>>63911005
>turning the dark side inside out by making the light side the tempatation
>WOW GUYS ITS SO COMPLEX
>>
>>63908220

Daily reminder people defend Disney replacing old retarded EU with new retarded EU

FOR

FREE
>>
>>63910983
Luke and Kylo are shown to fucking deflect blasters with their sabers. Kylo didn't freeze Reys shots when he met her in the forest did he?

You also seem to not understand that Kylo was distracted. When he stopped Poe's shot he was in a completely controlled situation.
>>
>>63911035
More complex than "its premeditated lol"
>>
>>63911005
>he smiles because he's trying to exorcise his demons

I love that I predict that you're going to invent head canon, and that's exactly what you did.

Hint: He smiles because he successfully lured Han Solo in close and then killed him. Because he hated his dad. Not a complex idea.
>>
>>63911035
Light is the temptation because he's trying to be evil. Deep down part of him didn't want to kill his father. Seriously though, are you autistic?
>>
>>63911070
>Star Wars is at all complex

Fucking cancer
>>
>>63911071
>Hint: He smiles because he successfully lured Han Solo in close and then killed him. Because he hated his dad. Not a complex idea.

I love how mine is head canon and THIS isn't
>>
>>63911087
>Light is the temptation because he's trying to be evil. Deep down part of him didn't want to kill his father.

Everyone watched the same movie you did faggot. It's not complicated.

This is literally a fucking Disney film.
>>
>>63911071
>He smiles because he successfully lured Han Solo in close and then killed him

Ok, you're just autistic.
>>
File: MickeyKarnivalKid.jpg (41 KB, 488x345) Image search: [Google]
MickeyKarnivalKid.jpg
41 KB, 488x345
>>63911065

FOR FREE
O
R

F
R
E
E
>>
>>63911112
What part of that is head canon? He says, in words, that he hates his father. And then he kills him. What part of that is head canon?
>>
File: 1328415822779.jpg (2 MB, 2796x1800) Image search: [Google]
1328415822779.jpg
2 MB, 2796x1800
>>63911113
Are you just pretending?
>>
>>63911123
Have you actually seen the film... this is frame for frame what happens.
>>
>>63911129
He literally says that he is conflicted and tempted to the light. So no, he doesn't completely hate his father. Nice try though.

>>63911151
Or, you know, he smiles because he's emotional conflicted. He wouldn't have even offered his lightsaber to Han if he 100% wanted to kill him.
>>
>>63911272
....why are you taking everything the character says so literally? You realise they lie right? You realise he... kills his own father? You think he's capable of killing his father but not lying to the man right before hand?
>>
>>63911272
Anonymous have you never seen a character lie in a film before?
>>
>>63910850
>being this much of a hipster
>>
>>63911316
How fucking one dimensional do you think Kylo is? He won't feel guilt or remorse? He thought killing Han (Because Snoke basically calls him out on it) would finally give him the edge to join the dark side fully.

We won't know his reaction for another two years so thats plenty of time to speculate and argue like we are doing now.
>>
File: 04-Sana-22492.jpg (1 MB, 900x1391) Image search: [Google]
04-Sana-22492.jpg
1 MB, 900x1391
>>63911065
BRAVO
R
A
V
A
>>
>>63911316
>>63911334
>He says, in words, that he hates his father. And then he kills him

It's totes ok if you guys take him at his word tho.

That whole scene with him and Han was designed to show his internal battle. But I'm guessing you retards missed the obvious beam of light and the blue and red colors
>>
>>63909278
Get your anime shit out of here
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 291x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 291x280
>>63909525
Post yfw Kylo cuts Rey's hand off and tells her he's her brother.
>>
File: 1447557523696.jpg (16 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1447557523696.jpg
16 KB, 251x251
>>63911605
Don't you mean
>"Rey, I am your cousin"
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.