[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to see this in a couple days, just curious. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: kylo REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (110 KB, 634x363) Image search: [Google]
kylo REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
110 KB, 634x363
I'm going to see this in a couple days, just curious. How was the music score? One of the best little nuances about Star Wars was most every notable character having a really cool motif or theme that went with his or her character. Is this still a thing? Is there any original music or is it all replays and variations of the old stuff? Other than the Phantom Menace dual music I don't really recall notable music from the prequels, I am probably forgetting things though.
>>
>>63904653
I'm not sure what was new. Nothing popped out like in the prequels. There were a lot of callbacks and rearrangements of the Force theme.
>>
>>63904653
There's some original music, but it's really forgettable.
>>
>>63904906

Yeah, Rey's at the beginning was the only one that stood out when I heard it and stuck with me. The rest was either callbacks or not all that memorable.
>>
>>63904653
It's just replays and variations of the old stuff. There wasn't any soul or thought put into the soundtrack whatsoever, and I don't remember a single unique track from the movie at all.
>>
>>63904653

Episode 1 had Duel of the Fates and the Trade Federation them.

2 had the romance theme (Across the Stars or something like that.

3 had Battle of the Heroes and the Order 66 music.

The new movie had nothing memorable.
>>
John Williams ran out of shit to steal
>>
the march of the empire theme want used once i dont remember it
>>
Kylo's theme is good but Rey's is just Harry Potter
>>
the score was disappointing unfortunately

it's not all John Williams' fault though. They didn't have the London Symphony Orchestra and it showed. The pacing of the movie also fucks with the music because there's barely any time to let a scene play out slowly and let the score shine (see: binary sunset)
>>
>>63905077
I remember episode 1 in particular having some memorable original music. Not on the scale of the original trilogy soundtrack or even episode 4 alone, but I can recall music from it. I remember nothing from episode 2-3. Thats a shame really, it's one of the comfiest part of the charm of Star Wars. Character themes, planet themes, emotion themes. Music that while derivative, it sticks with you. Its saddening to hear they've lost this.
>>
>>63904653
only good song is snokes theme. too bad they potteried it with palpatines teachings and told us snoke is plagueis
>>
Kyle Ren is Han Solo's son, Ren kills Solo, Rey is a force user, no one else dies in the end, Luke has no lines and is only in the last 30 seconds of the film. Captain Phasma and Domhall Gleeson's character have tiny roles.
>>
>>63905077
Across the Stars is pretty forgettable along with the rest of Episode II's score.
>>
>>63905077
Yep TFA had the weakest score out of all 7 SW films. I think they started recording only two months ago, so that might be why it's so forgettable.
>>
>>63905452
It's ok, I already know what happens. I'm not a Star Wars sperg, I like and nostalgia over the original trilogy and grit my teeth/non and grin over the prequels. Obviously I'm curious about the new one. Just wondering why I haven't heard anyone praise and/or shit all over the new music. Intuition told me there must not be any music, so I'm here asking.
>>
>>63905466
Pretty sure this was more memorable than anything in TFA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77yEz08hLAU
>>
I downloaded the soundtrack before seeing the movie and it was pretty forgettable, but I listened to it a LOT before going to see the movie and it was kind of nice to have a connection as I watched. Now that we're a few days on I'd say Snoke and The Jedi Steps stick out as memorable cues I could stand to hear more of. Still not a big fan of Rey's theme though
>>
>>63904653
>How was the music score?
John Williams-y.
>One of the best little nuances about Star Wars was most every notable character having a really cool motif or theme that went with his or her character. Is this still a thing?
Yes.
>Is there any original music or is it all replays and variations of the old stuff?
Yes.
>>63905311
>magical orphan
Well...
>>
>>63905466
>Across the Stars is pretty forgettable

no
>>
The soundtrack is passable. My main problem with it was a lot of the new tracks either sounded generic or didn't sound Star Warsy. Rey's theme comes to mind. I kinda like March of the Resistance though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.