[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People who hate the prequels fall into one of three camps. 1.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 1450598864019.jpg (88 KB, 632x760) Image search: [Google]
1450598864019.jpg
88 KB, 632x760
People who hate the prequels fall into one of three camps.

1. Reddit teenagers who think "prequels suck" because the internet told them to think that. Their brains are literally not developed enough to form opinions outside of groupthink.

2. People who were edgelord teenagers when the prequels came out and "hated" them because they hated everything. Probably just unintelligent in most matters.

3. Baby boomers who won't accept anything but Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill.

The prequels are excellent science fiction movies. Objectively, there is no reason to dislike them.

>Jar Jar

A narrator for children. You might as well hate C3PO too.

>too much politics

Lucas was trying to explain his world and tell a story. If you're really just after POPCORN XD, there are plenty of other shitty franchises to watch.

>bad acting/dialogue

Star Wars always has had and always will have overwrought dialogue, because it is modeled as an epic. In fact, any dialogue involving the force is infinitely more ridiculous in the original trilogy.

>bad CG

It is much better than most films of the time.

The prequels are not bad movies. They are simply not STAR WARS as braindeads in the aforementioned groups understand it. Now Disney has catered to these, combined with the normie "fans" who don't know anything about Star Wars, and produced Avengers IV: Lightsabers, without an ounce of creativity.

This movie is truly bad. It is truly worse than any of the prequels. And it will truly ruin this franchise. Fuck whoever likes The Force Awakens.
>>
>>63898867
I didn't hate any of the SW movies, but I didn't love them either.
That said, I will probably never pay to see the newest rehash of something I have on cassette tape.

The newest film isn't science fiction, it's marketing.
>>
didn't we have this thread yesterday?

fuck off, prequel contrarian
>>
>>63898867

No. Episode I was an insult to the franchise as well as ultimately pointless, though I'll give you that episodes II and III probably don't deserve the hate they get compared to it, flaws aside.
>>
>>63898867
Should've had Sebulba as "DUDE TELL THAT TO KANJICLUB LMAO" instead of that random Scottish fuck, and replace the gooks with Greedo's species for poetry. But then they went out of their way to not acknowledge the prequels.
>>
People who like the prequels:

1. Reddit millenials who were 12 when phantom menace was released and are probably autistic
>>
>>63898867
So you're 32-45, then, faggot?
>>
File: darth darth binks.png (561 KB, 1207x758) Image search: [Google]
darth darth binks.png
561 KB, 1207x758
>>63898867
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8.
>>
File: contrarian.gif (3 KB, 520x178) Image search: [Google]
contrarian.gif
3 KB, 520x178
>>63898867
>>
File: 546214.jpg (43 KB, 428x428) Image search: [Google]
546214.jpg
43 KB, 428x428
>let's have Darth Vader make C-3PO as a childhood scrap project
>let's have Yoda and Chewbacca be old friends
>>
>>63898867
>A narrator for children. You might as well hate C3PO too.
desu going back to the OT, C3PO is annoying as fuck. its constant smart ass quips from this faggot who's basically incompetent. its awful.

>Lucas was trying to explain his world and tell a story
then he should have got better actors.

>In fact, any dialogue involving the force is infinitely more ridiculous in the original trilogy.
attempting to "explain" the force as some kind of shit in your blood was awful though. should have stuck with the mystic voodoo bullshit. its much easier to accept it when its vague.
>>
the prequels were awful but Sebulba was a really well designed character, probably one of best alien designs in the franchise
>>
>>63898867
>accuses people who aren't retarded of being redditors
>uses "edgelord"

Naw, you dumb queer.
>>
TFA is just an average movie
TPM good
AOTC is also average
ROTS, TESB, ANH, AND ROTJ are all great
>>
>>63900554
i fail to see the issue here
>>
>>63899371
>I can't argue against the truth!!! c-c-c-c-cont-trarain!!! waaaaah!!

>>>/out/
>>
>>63898867
This guy is actually right, especially about number 1.
Redditors are so impressionable.
>>
Friendly reminder that Star Wars is a movie made for children. All you manchildren that hate the prequels make me laugh. They weren't made for you losers LOL
>>
>objectively
>thinks movies can be judged objectively ever in a qualitative fashion
Also, you make fun of teenagers who think they are edgy for disliking the prequels, but the only reason you are saying you like the prequels is to be contrarian and "edgy". Also, if you want to look at all the SW movies more objectively, go read an editorial about all the reason the OT is better than the prequels
>>
Legit. As soon as I read the crawl I knew thr movie was gonna be trash
>>
>thinks Jar Jar is equal or better than C3PO
there is a way to move a story and create a world without boring and simple exposition. If you honestly think that the exposition in the prequels is a good way of storytelling, go watch the godfather. Go watch citizen Kane. Go watch any good movie, because prequel-style exposition is not ever considered good storytelling.
>thinks Lawrence Kasdan is a bad writer, specifically a bad dialogue writer
K
No matter how good the cg is for the time, or relative to the OT, the over reliance on cg as the crux of the action, settings, and characters, and the fact that the cg was not good enough for it to be relied on this heavily, does not mean it was used well.
If you truly like the prequels best and hate TFA and the OT, good on you. Continue to watch and love the prequels. But if you can't understand why the prequels disappointed from a more objective perspective in the grand scheme of SW, then you, quite frankly, aren't that smart, it at least don't understand film and SW
>>
>>63904920
Reply OP
>>
>>63903146
>i fail to see the issue here
"I'm too stupid to see the issue here"
>>
File: 1407504990932.jpg (58 KB, 496x500) Image search: [Google]
1407504990932.jpg
58 KB, 496x500
None of the star wars movies are actually good. This garbage needs a quarantine board like /vp/ already
>>
I was 8 when TPM came out and I watched all of them in theaters.
They were merely ok in the theaters with the cutting edge visuals and flashy lightsabers but I never had the impulse to watch them again. They're just not that impressive or memorable.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 786x393
It's kind of cool seeing a smaller-scale SW movie with fairy tale elements. It's a weekend casual sort of flick, very comfortcore, and a good way to kick the series off again after thirty years.

It's usually models which expand the world for me, and CGI never seemed to replace them as believable effects. Other than that, it's just nice to see characters walk around real sets.
>>
Taking any of the Star Wars movies seriously or being severely invested in them means you should rethink your life.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.