[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Rebel Alliance called the Resistance now? Where's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
Why is the Rebel Alliance called the Resistance now? Where's the Republic? What happened to the Empire? Didn't it end? What's the First Order? Wasn't the Empire just an instrument of Palpatine trying to destroy the Jedi? Didn't Vader bring balance to the Force with his death?
>>
File: QLGdlDS.jpg (216 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
QLGdlDS.jpg
216 KB, 768x1024
>>
>>63898679
Why wasn't this in the title crawl?
>>
Why did they even need BB8's portion of the map? If they'd had R2's portion, couldn't they have just compared it existing maps of the galaxy? What was the point of having a red line, why not just have an X-marks-the-spot? Why even use a map and not coordinates?
>>
>>63898601
They leaving that shit vague for a new series of prequels and spin offs so they can do a movie a year for the next 20 years
>>
>>63898830
Because R2 was asleep for 40 years and then decided to wake up
>>
File: 1401169411868.jpg (38 KB, 768x326) Image search: [Google]
1401169411868.jpg
38 KB, 768x326
>>63898601
Isn't that the question of the day?
>>
>>63899000
Sure, but then BB8's piece was pointless, and so was the whole plot of everyone trying to find him. Except to bring the characters together I guess. But I don't think that was the intention.
>>
>>63898601
>Why is the Rebel Alliance called the Resistance now? Where's the Republic?
because they couldn't get the job done right. The Republic would resume I assume when they finish of the last remnants of the empire.

>What happened to the Empire? Didn't it end? What's the First Order?
The emperor got killed. I guess no one tried to become the new emperor and so whoever was loyal decided to call what remained the First Order. Likely many people in the empire left after the battle of Endor with the death of the emperor and loss of a large amount of senior leadership.

>Wasn't the Empire just an instrument of Palpatine trying to destroy the Jedi?
If it was I would have assumed he'd return it to a republic after he thought it was all done if that was the case. Forming the empire was pretty much a thing for getting revenge for the sith, gaining power for himself, and possibly on some level to establish a system of government he honestly thought would work better. Killing off the Jedi let him take and hold power and get revenge for the sith.

>Didn't Vader bring balance to the Force with his death?
I would say the force was probably most balanced when only Yoda, Obi-wan, Sidious, and Vader existed as jedi/sith. Balance would be an equal amount of dark and light side of the force I think.
>>
>>63899150
>I would say the force was probably most balanced when only Yoda, Obi-wan, Sidious, and Vader existed as jedi/sith. Balance would be an equal amount of dark and light side of the force I think.

Going full fucking nerd here, but the dark side is like a tumor, a cancer on the Force. When it's gone, then the Force is in balance.
>>
>>63899150
>>Didn't Vader bring balance to the Force with his death?
I would say the force was probably most balanced when only Yoda, Obi-wan, Sidious, and Vader existed as jedi/sith. Balance would be an equal amount of dark and light side of the force I think.

No, wrong. The prophecy said Anakin would destroy the sith, which he did by killing Palpatine. Hence, there is no reason for the Sith to continue to exist in Episode 7.

But they do, for Disney to make money.
>>
its kind of like how the IRA are still a thing even though Sinn Féin are the second biggest party in northern Ireland

a rebellion doesnt directly become a political party, they just sort of stick around even if they dont do much anymore
>>
>>63899595
>Hence, there is no reason for the Sith to continue to exist in Episode 7.
>But they do, for Disney to make money

The movie never states that Snoke and Kylo are full-blown Sith.
>>
>>63898679
so basically the first order is in the same position the rebels were in episode 4
>>
>>63899778
>"Grandfather, show me it again, the darkside"
>I Kylo, use the sith red lightsaber
>I Kylo am an apprentice trained by a master (Snoke)

Oh look, a simple google search reveals many results about how Kylo Ren is on the dark side, and here's just one of them:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-kylo-ren-dark-side/

It's all about the money.
>>
>>63899921
You very clearly don't know what a sith is
>>
>>63900537
Nice argument, faggot.
>>
>>63898798
Because this is star wars. Movie is just an ad for all the side content they are pushing. Everything is built to sell toys or books.
>>
First Order = ISIS
The New Republic = FSA
The Resistance = YPG
>>
>>63900566
>Kylo Ren is not a Sith.
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/jj-abrams-spills-details-kylo-ren/
Faggot
>>
>>63899595
>No, wrong. The prophecy said Anakin would destroy the sith
that was obiwan's point of view on the prophecy I think. All anyone seemed to say was the chosen one would bring balance to the force. Which he did when there were 2 light and 2 dark side dudes for a while of comparable power. Then obiwan died and luke replaced him but the force was out of balance. So luke took his place. But he was such a fucking pussy so yoda had to learn him some training. Then he finally started getting stronger but yoda bitched out and things were out of balance again. Vader seeing this threw the emperor off the railings to even things out. But even then he was so hard he decided to just off himself since luke was still too much of a pussy to even it out. There would be more balance if it was just luke.

>>63899475
even cancer has its role in keeping things in check. God help us when they find a cure and people never die and give up their property, wealth, or power. What you are describing is like an ecosystem without predators. One where sick and deformed animals proliferate because there is no natural check. And then they overpopulate and cause mass starvation for the species because there is not enough food for even a few individuals to survive. Or a society where all decisions are made for you in your statistical best interests.
>>
>>63900704
Pretty accurate
>>
>>63898601
Because "The Republic" would trigger massive manchildren who hate the prequels for whatever reason. Even though it makes logical sense to say "The Republic" or "New Republic", they would choke on their popcorn because they will have PTSD flashbacks of Jar Jar and Lucas laughing at them.
>>
>>63900704
Then what's the Empire?
>>
>>63900719
I said he is a Sith.
>>
>>63898679

This is bullshit because the republic has a main fleet that gets destroyed by the colony lase- I mean Starkiller Base.
>>
>>63898601

Basically, the republic and the remnants of the empire signed a peace treaty. The resistance operates in empire territory, while the republic doesn't want to get involved because they are cowards that want to maintain the fragile peace.
>>
>>63899894
Seeing as how they have a Death Star more powerful than any before, no, not really.
>>63899894
>Unknown Regions
How? How are there any Unknown Regions? Yes, I know space is big, but we know that Jedi have been around for thousands of years so space travel can't be that new, right?
>>
>>63900900
Yes and I'm quoting JJ but you'd know that if you opened the link. How fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>63898679
ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT THAT WAS NEVER EXPLAINED.

DONT GIVE ME YOUR EU COP-OUT I WILL RAPE YOU WITH EU BULLSHIT
>>
>>63901036
because they don't have a reason to travel to them, maps have been lost, etc.

there was an explanation for it in the EU but idk if it still applies since they scrapped EU
>>
>>63900865
The United States :^)
>>
To break apart the Empire is much more difficult than having an authoritarian figure fuck up with the senate like Sheev did. They were too many and just because Vader and Sheev died, doesn't mean the Empire dissolved at once. If the First Order was able to build something of the size of Starkiller, surely the Republic is not safe at all and is instead facing the constant threat of being destroyed. A Resistance.

Also, I find it charming that Star Wars is so naive in its war stuff. One would assume the First Order would hold the Republic at ransom with the Starkiller, but no, their plan was to literally explode everything lol what for
>>
hurr durr lets assault A FUCKING PLANET with a dozen fighters. apparently no republic fleet exists even though we see it victorious in ROTJ
>>
>>63901566
The New republic isn't involved, they don't want to be. Hence why their secretly funding the resistance. It's a proxy war you mung.
>>
>>63901631

>The New republic isn't involved, they don't want to be.

thats why thier 4 planets got btfo
>>
>>63901728
Uhhh yeah, the first order wants to the big wolf on campus
>>
File: 1400968790845.gif (1 MB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
1400968790845.gif
1 MB, 245x170
>>63900814
>for whatever reason.
>>
you'd think after 30 years of getting their asses kicked the empire would proved armor for their stormtroopers that can withstand a single shot from a laser before they die.

maybe design it so it will take two shots?
>>
>>63903290
To be fair, they're way more precise now.

Baby steps.
>>
>>63903322
>still cant hit shit
>precise
>>
>>63898798
because as noted in Phantom Menace title crawls about trade disputes, political blockades and senatorial military disarmament acts aren't very compelling or accessible
>>
>>63901728
That was the First Order's opening salvo. The New Republic will surely respond in VIII.

I just hope Ren doesn't return with another fucking orb shaped weapon. They should probably know its not gonna work by now.
>>
>>63903322
Yes being more precise has fucked up their loyalty to the First Order.
The brain washing machines had an effect on their accuracy and other motor skills so they cut it back a little, this allowed Finn to gain some agency and break away from the First Order.
>>
>>63900814
>because they will have PTSD flashbacks of Jar Jar and Lucas laughing at them.

kek, would be even funnier if it weren't truth about those bazinga fags.
>>
>>63901436
Also, I find it charming that you are such a gay loser. You could have made a great post I'd agree with, but you can't have that, you needed to be a fag, don't you?
>>
>>63898830
Hyperspace travel is extremely dangerous unless safe hyperspace routes have been mapped out.
Jumping into an uncharted part of space is pretty much suicide.

The title crawl explained Leia had sent out scouts to try and locate Luke's whereabouts and how he got there.
BB-8's map was the final piece of the puzzle.
>>
>>63898830

Because never, ever marks the spot
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.