[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you rate The Hateful Eight I would give it a 5/10,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: h8.jpg (9 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
h8.jpg
9 KB, 318x159
how would you rate The Hateful Eight

I would give it a 5/10, about as good as Django but won't be half as popular
>>
>>63896018
Django was fucking terrible. Im not going to see H8ful
>>
>>63896092
i agree this one wasnt a prize either
>>
I really liked it overall.
>>
7/10
Better than Django
>>
>>63896018
tarantinos queer narration for literally no reason ruined it
>>
Just finished watching it with the family like 10 minutes ago. DVD screener leaks are a christmas miracle!

Goggins was best character

Didn't know any of the twists so it kept me throughout the film. 3 hours went by real fucking quickly. Love how literally every single actor in the entire film, big part or small, ended up dying.
>>
>>63897058
This, what was the point of it?
>>63897079
Also this, having him die in such a stupid way was kinda ridiculous
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1440x1080
>>63897079
>The movie died as soon as Kurt Russel got killed.

>not loving Sheriff Dale Gribble

>>63897139
>Goggins was best character
Right one
>>
>>63897145
>what was the point of it

quentin cant write a script that shows things unfolding on screen, so he had to verbally tell you what the characters did/ are doing
>>
>>63897145
>>63897188

>mods deleted my kurt russell post, I guess becaus spoilers. meanwhile dicksucking samuel el jackson pictures up all day
>>
>>63897252
oh come on, lad, like that detail was spoilable if you've been on this board in the last year and some change. whenever the script leak was.
>>
>>63897252
His death was spoiled in the trailer anyway.
>>
>>63897340
>>63897365

True. I'm not salty or anything.
>>
File: quentin-tarantino.jpg (43 KB, 930x516) Image search: [Google]
quentin-tarantino.jpg
43 KB, 930x516
10/10, masterpiece of modern cinema. It'll go down in history as one of the all time greats.

Just kidding it was pretentious shit like all his other films.
>>
>instead of getting someone like Keitel or Waltz to narrate Tarantino had to do it with his shitty voice so he could just say 'black dicks in white mouths'
Pretty good otherwise, enjoyable watch.
>>
>>63896018

I'm not a huge Tarantino fan but I am looking forward to this one. Basterds is my favourite Tarantino movie mostly because of its fantastic long drawn out conversation setpieces. It sounds like Hateful Eight is just going to be one long conversation so I'm excited for it. Also looks kind of like The Thing.
>>
>>63897460
i feel ya
i think they are leaving the cocksucking scenes up because of the astonishment that it was actually in there, but it isn't spoiling anyone. we've all read that part of the script, if not the whole thing. this should be somewhat exempt from the spoiler rule as it's all been available for over a year.
>>
>>63896018
3/10
Its a lot of shit with very few good parts if any at all. I just wasted 2 hours and 43 minutes of my life.
>>
>>63897536
>Also looks kind of like The Thing
Oh shit, when one of the Humanity score pieces kicks in that part was awesome.
>>
>>63897524
i chuckled at that part in the narration
>>
Why can Quentin get away with remaking the same film over and over and be called a genius?
>>
>>63897614
>SERGIO LEONE
>>
>>63897635
in his case there was continual improvement`
>>
>>63897614

who calls him a genius?

he's a pretty solid director I think, not amazing, but definitely not trash

also, it's usually the better directors who can be mocked for the uniformity of their style/similarity of their content because they have actual interests and concerns that they want to make movies about
>>
Easily one of Tarantino's worse. It dragged and felt a lot longer than it was, could have easily been trimmed way down. I felt a lot of the conversations was just retreading ground that had just been gone over, lots of repeated phrases.

The dialogue was pretty weak. The narration was laughable, for some reason he felt to narrate it himself and then randomly explain one of the chapter's titles, when you could have just figured it out if you just watched it. Why the fuck does he even split his movies up into chapters now it seems? Does anyone else do that? Just get on with the movie and quit stroking yourself already. Then he decides to revisit the dingus scene right after he already drew it out and beat it to death, when he easily could have just included someone poisoning the coffee as that story was being told.

Russel, Jackson and Goggins where based though, Dern too. I want to say it's his worst movie yet, can't think of anything lower.
>>
this movie was pretty comfy
>>
>>63897745
>Why the fuck does he even split his movies up into chapters now it seems?

He wants to write books. That's his stated plan for retirement too, to write novels.
>>
>>63897683
>Who calls him a genius
Literally everyone outside of /tv/s fedoracore mentality.
>>
>>63897536
>just going to be one long conversation

one long dull boring mindless conversation
>>
>>63897789
Retard, its a throw back to a classic style of film.

Please end your life you worthless millennial.
>>
>>63897828
Nothing I said was wrong though. He does want to write novels.
>>
>>63897828
I've watched a lot of movies, and never have I seen one continuously stop the movie to tell you a chapter title. not him btw.
>>
gr8 h8ful 8 m8, I r8 8/8
>>
>>63897828
>splitting up your flick into chapters, disjointing the work and ruining the flow

its autism
>>
>>63896018
Django was 6/10 not bad

This was 5/10 somewhat bad

Honestly-- why should I care about any of these unlikable people in a fucking 70mm cabin for 2 hours?
>>
BIG
>>
>>63897865
Dumb shit.
>>
>>63897889
>why should I care about any of these unlikable people in a fucking 70mm cabin for 2 hours?

>goggins
>unlikable
>>
>tfw it's slow pace, bloated length, and likely middling audience reaction will result in this being the patrician's Tarantino film a year from now
Was looking forward to him dialling it down a bit, and doing something more character driven than the stuff he's put out since Jackie Brown but it was a real disappointment. I was also disappointed with SLJ, he seemed to put in a bit of effort for Stephen in Django but he was back to auto pilot in this.
>>
8/10. It was comfy as fuck.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (11 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
11 KB, 202x249
>>63897559
>>
His weakest film. It was saved by Kurt Russel and Goggins.
>>
>>63897884
You are implying the man who acts like a social retard and dances about on the red carpet and who has remade the same style of film repeatedly in an endless effort to reach some retarded perfection might have autism?

You don't say.
>>
Will I receive a warning from my ISP if I download this.
>>
>>63897921
Goggins was based as fuck.
>>
>>63897975
>immediately donned the confederate grays
>>
>>63897905
I agree, chapters title screens are dumb as shit.
>>
>>63897921
he wasn't terribly likable. he was doing some kind of toothy thing to exaggerate his being a southern hick. Probably the best performance given the material, but come the fuck on. I'm supposed to empathize with this someone played as a stupid hick?
>>
>>63898079
>I'm supposed to empathize with this someone played as a stupid hick?

Who believed in justice
>>
>>63897972
well it's confirmed.

Niggers too stupid to pirate
>>
>>63897972
just watch it on youtube
>>
>>63897930
you're thinking of the revenant
>>
>>63898150
Haven't watched The Reverant yet. What's it about?
>>
>remake The Grand Silence but add in blowjob scene
>plebs go nuts for it
>>
>>63898192

A man coming to grips with being raped by a grizzly bear for an Oscar.
>>
File: bears-bear3.jpg (62 KB, 540x398) Image search: [Google]
bears-bear3.jpg
62 KB, 540x398
>>63898215
Nobody gave me an oscar when I was raped by a bear.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 225x225
>3:17 runtime
Meme magic is real
>>
If I read the words "comfy" or "based" one more time while discussing films on this board, then I am going to kill myself.
>>
>>63898428

comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based comfy based DO IT
>>
I'm just happy The Hateful Dingus got leaked early to further cuck Tarantino. He needs some solid bombs to slap his shit in so that maybe he can make movies again instead of the autist wankery he's engaging in now.
>>
File: FUCK.gif (3 MB, 592x331) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.gif
3 MB, 592x331
>>63898428

Bruh it's the opposite of comfy. It's uncomfortable as fuck.
>>
>>63896018
Django sucked. I wouldn't take a chance on a Tarantino film now.
>>
File: 1448027068100.png (48 KB, 319x352) Image search: [Google]
1448027068100.png
48 KB, 319x352
>>63898547
>Makes another shitty flick
>Enjoys the attention from the hype
>Gets stomped by Star Wars
>Cries about Star Wars in the media in a pathetic, obvious attempt to get people to pay attention to him again
Laughable.
>>
>>63897745
>The dialogue was pretty weak
hes always been bad at that. Only Reddit thinks otherwise
>>
django is a 6/10, the hateful 8 is a 4/10
>>
>>63898731
django is a 4/10
h8ful eight is 6/10
>>
the movie is a warm black dingus/10
>>
Probably his most focused movie since Jackie Brown, which is surprising considering it's his longest.

It's like Tarantino realized classic directors used the Western to discuss and explore political issues and he should probably finally do that. I really wasn't expecting something so bleak and nihilistic from Tarantula, making a 3 hour exploration about the hypocrisy of war, political causes and justice.
>>
8/10

Nice pacing, great characters, great acting.

The story was carried by the actors. Goggins was fucking great. SLJ was good too. Kurt Russel was also really good.
>>
I was sort of hoping that the twist with Mannix would be that he had killed the bandits in the town (they'd be real) before stumbling upon the stagecoach
>>
>>63898905
I thought goggins was going to be first to die since he was such a goofy bastard[/\/spoiler]
>>
>>63898832
So now its one more western and then Kill Bill vol3?
>>
>>63897745
Dialogue was fucking good and and a I really liked how long it was. Probably the first 2h45m movie I've liked in a long ass time.
>>
So I watched the Screener today, and was pretty excited since it's my first day off of a 6 week holiday.

This kinda ruined it.

Total piece of shit movie. Django was charming, funny and kept me wanting to watch. This was just a whole lot of bullshit and I ended up playing a fucking mobile game at parts.

The end was shit, and pointless. Dialogue was cringey as fuck and not even the cute New Zealander girl could save it.

I swear Tarantino is just trying to get the world Nigger into a film as many times as possible now.
>>
>>63898963
I thought he was going to be the killer, even though he almost drank the coffee right before kurt died.
>>
>>63898905

How to review a film like a 12 year old: the post.

DA ACTING GUD DA STOREE GUD DA ENDING GOOD I LIKE MOVIE 8/10
>>
>>63896018
If I thought Django was a 10/10 flawless movie
I'll like this one right?
>>
>>63899012
>I ended up playing a fucking mobile game at parts.

opinions discarded. cant even watch a movie without being on your phone
>>
>>63899031

It's nothing like Django at all.

It's Inglorious Bastards mixed with The Thing.
>>
>>63899024
laughed, but you're a dick. No need to put him down.
>>
>>63898977
>one more western

I fucking hope not.
>>
>>63899024
I didn't say the story was good. The whole movie was focused on dialogue and carried by the actors. It was a perfect "one location" type of movie. The cabin was just a host for everything to take place in.
>>
>>63899100
>Inglorious Bastards
I loved that too, but I feel someone is going to call me out as either a troll or a pleb for liking Quentin
>>
>>63899124
Like the script it would have been better with scens featuring the flashbacks of curtis warren prison escape and Mannix Marauders.
>>
>>63899155

You'll probably enjoy it then.
>>
i'm going to take a guess and say tim roth's part was originally for waltz, right? he's the out-of-place -foreign-guy-meme that tarantino has been using for his past 3 movies now
>>
Finished watching it

Honestly I thought it was pretty good, I loved Walton Goggins in this, he was the best character
>>
>>63899155
a lot of people on /tv/ have shit opinions and focus more on baneposting and memes than actually getting into what was good or bad about a movie.

I liked inglorious basterds and Django as well. I don't hold QT to high regard though.
>>
>>63898150
>tfw watched The Revenant and H8ful Eight back to back today

all of Tarantino's visual work seemed try hard and empty as fuck in comparison. Everything about the Revenant was better
>>
>>63899224
If you read the first draft of the script he was english from the beginning
>>
What the fuck was the purpose of putting Channing Tatum in this movie?

I felt every character was on-point except for him.
>>
>>63898984
The dialogue was decidedly not fucking good, probably his worst outing yet and it was 3hr2min, and it felt closer to 4, honestly. One of the most bloated movies I've seen. I can't tell you how happy I was that he made the creative decision to label the final chapter "Last Chapter" instead of "Chapter Six".
>>
>>63899247
my least favorite movie of Quentins is Jackie Brown but even that is a solid 9/10 in my book

I'm a huge WW2 nut so seeing an alternate movie with Hitler being killed by the Americans was neat, I wouldn't mind if he did a WW2 movie where Hitler won the war
>>
>>63899314
I guess Tarantino liked 21 jump street? He put Jonah Hill in Django and now Channing Tatum in H8ful
>>
>>63899251
>Everything about the Revenant was better

yep

if any movie deserved to be filmed in 70mm it's the revenant. hateful 8 did not deserve 70mm at all, NO point for it to be in 70mm

the revenant deserves to be seen on the biggest screen possible, and i'll be going to see it in a theater even though i just finished the screener.
>>
File: Bone Tomahawk.webm (2 MB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
Bone Tomahawk.webm
2 MB, 640x272
Even with it's weak third act Bone Tomahawk was superior.
>>
>>63899152
>focused on the dialogue and carried by the actors

the dialogue blew and not a single one of the actors did any "carrying"

>it was a perfect "one location" type of movie

no it wasn't
>>
>>63899369
I honestly think you just had a bad viewing experience. This movie was comfy as fuck, interesting and well deserving of being as long as it was.

>decidedly not good

what does that even mean
>>
>>63896092
I hated Django but actually really enjoyed this.
>>
>>63899379
If you haven't watched Man in the High Castle, watch it. It's an Amazon original. Not amazing, but a really good alternate WW2 tv show.
>>
I really really really liked this movie
>>
>>63899552
can i screencap this post please?
>>
>>63899581
Its all your's friend :)
>>
>>63899459
>not a single one of the actors did any "carrying"

Imagine this movie with no names instead of vetted actors.

You already don't like it, but I wouldn't have even watched it regardless how well the acting was.

And yea it was a great single location movie, because the location didn't matter. It could have taken place anywhere and been just as good.
>>
>>63899412
I watched it on a 55" tv in my basement, didn't even notice the quality really, thought it was beautiful throughout, and I still plan on going to see it at the IMAX, seeing the screener only made me want to see it in theaters more.

H8ful Eight was just so painfully mediocre in comparison.
>>
>check torrents
>"Hateful Eight DVDscr"
>"Legend DVDScr"
>check samples
>good audio, great video

I guess I know what I'm doing tonight. How the hell did this happen? HatefulEight isn't even out yet till next week.
>>
>>63899016
this would have been more suspenseful and clever
>>
>>63899668
>H8ful Eight was just so painfully mediocre in comparison.

i'm so glad both of these movies leaked on the same day

the revenant washed the nigger dick semen tarantino tried shoving down my throat
>>
>>63899461
>comfy
>interesting

it was neither

>well deserving of being as long as it was
it was not, it was at least an hour too long

>I honestly think you just had a bad viewing experience
what is that even supposed to mean? the movie was bad, boring, dull, and that was all readily apparent before goggins even shows up, had nothing to do with my "viewing experience"
>>
>>63899782
>watched Sicario, The Revenant and Hateful Eight in the last two days

great weekend
>>
>>63899016
i thought this too. i was expecting him to shoot samuel in the back during the lineup
>>
>>63899931
yep got to watch a solid new 7/10 film each day. fun weekend
>>
>>63899942
If anything that would have been the most predictable thing in the movie. Having a racist guy shoot a black man who trusts him in the back isn't even crafty.

Not like having a guy in the basement shooting his nads off is a much better twist.
>>
>>63899024
This.
Fucking retarded redditors.

>the cinematography and acting were hella epic, therefore, it's le 8/10
>>
File: 1399509870598.jpg (37 KB, 778x789) Image search: [Google]
1399509870598.jpg
37 KB, 778x789
>>63899986
>Sicario
>The Revenant
>solid 7/10s
>mfw
>>
>>63900161
>le funneh jew reaction face

hey there rebbit
>>
>>63900161
well yea he's wrong anon, the revenant is an 8/10
>>
Overall plot was a let down, I thought there would be a interconnected conflict of interest, instead it was just the original 3 walking into a trap.
>>
>>63900207
>don't you dare use a reaction face on a grorious Nippon image sharing forum

i was posting reaction faces here before you know what reddit was boyo

>>63900213
>rating art

I won't comment on this any further except to say that both Sicario and The Revenant are the best current movies I've seen in a few years now. That The Revenant actually lived up to the hype and didn't flounder into shit, says a lot.
>>
>>63900571
i thought sicario was mediocre

the revenant is the best movie i've watched in a long fucking time. a movie that good shouldn't exist in this sea of capeshit garbage.
>>
>>63899668
i liked them both today. reverant was just a much larger and more perfectly made film though. i too will see it in imax.

but i really liked the hateful eight though. will probably go see that in imax too.
>>
>>63900678
I was very big on Sicario, but that type of movie is right up my alley, was a big fan of both No Country for Old Men and the Counselor; As for The Revenant I watched it with a few buddies and we all thought the same, it was best modern movie we've watched in a long fucking time.

>>63900818
There where parts of H8ful Eight that I liked, including the "flashback" setup chapter featuring Jodie and the gangs arrival. Some bits of dialogue where good, the door bit was legitimately funny. Probably didn't help that I watched it right after the Revenant. Won't say that I won't watch it again, because I'll probably watch it at some point when it hits Netflix like Django. Already watched The Revenant twice though, can't stop thinking about the opening battle, the scenes at Fort Kiowa, or Hardy's or Gleeson's character. Really like that kid Bridger who got saddled with Hard.
>>
>>63901132
no country is one of my favorite movies, the counselor is one of my most hated

sicario felt too much like the counselor to me
>>
>>63901132
that was my problem too. i saw Reverent first which was kinda unfair to hateful eight because Reverent was so perfect.

hateful eight was a legitimately nice move but reverent was so much better though. save me O Lord that cinematogrphy in Reverent and that haunting music. I felt tears well up in my eyes. and that surround sound, that wilderness and the desperation throughout. fuck me. Hardy played the roll of a snake beautifully. I so fucking hated him. evil cock sucker.
>>
What was the point of this flick?

North and South coming together? Goggins didnt even react to general lee biting it but all the sudden they good frienss
>>
Is there anyone more of a blatant cuck?
>>
>>63896018
I r8 the h8ful 8 an 8 out of 8. I thought it was gr8 despite all the h8, m8.
>>
>>63901194
I can see that. The few people I know who've seen both are pretty divided on the Counselor while they love No Country. It's one of those movies you either love or hate, no middle ground. I can see why people didn't like it, but I think I liked it for what it was, not what it could have been.

>>63901273
Hardy's character was my favorite out of the bunch. Well I liked Gleeson's quite a bit too. I just loved how brutal everything was, the harsh reality of that world, right down to the language. In the beginning, their trapper camp, with all those lean-to's, the shitty conditions of it, that skinning station. Loved how the natives were portrayed too. The Frenchmen. I felt sheer cold horror as DiCaprio was forced to lay still and watch Hardy do what he did.

Not that I thought H8ful Eight was terrible, there was just periods and stretches where I wished it would just get on with it, move on to the next scene. Never had that feeling with The Revenant. When it ended it felt sudden, almost out of no where, I felt like I was robbed of something more.
>>
The new ending is a lot better than the leak

But still nothing special. Completely forgetable movie.
>>
Good until the reveal then Tarrantino seriously didn't know how to end his own goddamn story.

6/10 but it really should be a 5.5 cause that ending was really dragged the fuck out

And the Channing Tatum Casting was weird as fuck
>>
>>63896018
>about as good as django
no way. this movie blows it out of the water. hateful eight is the new jackie brown. patricians choice
>>
I thought it was fairly okay.

The plot kept me interested even though it's nothing special when you summarize it. The performances kept it going.

I feel like the running time was padded out by characters prattling on and repeating themselves in a typical Tarantino dialogue fashion. If the script was a bit tightened there the movie would be much better overall.

Morricone sadly delivered a totally generic score so he was wasted on this.

I felt that the cinematograpy and the direction of events in and around the house were on point and possibly the most rewarding part of the movie.

Overall if Tarantino toned down his racial shock crap a tad bit this would be a much better movie.

Oh yeah, I'm really glad he used practical effects for the shootouts and blood. These days directors always go for digital gore and that kinda defeats the purpose of using it.
>>
>>63900213
The revenant made me fall asleep. I wanted a revenge movie and got "Cinematography and Locations" the movie
>>
Reading /tv/ reviews of cinema always makes me cringe
>>
File: 1421114931009.jpg (62 KB, 532x502) Image search: [Google]
1421114931009.jpg
62 KB, 532x502
>Dat fucking drag out as fuck ending

Holy shit even for Tarrantino that's sad as fuck it was almost like a college student trying to bullshit the last page of a 10 page essay.
>>
>>63901901
>wanted a mindless flick
>got a beautiful film

what the fuck are you complaining about? it still was a revenge flick
>>
>>63896018
H8/10

It was incredibly medicre and after django as stupid and silly as it was it was a hell of a better movie in every way than this slow meandering 3 hour talk fest where NOTHING fucking happens until the end.

For others who have no seen this already be it from the leak or otherwise holy fuck seriously ok NOTHING happens until the 3rd act and even then there is a gratuitous amount of slow motion that feels tacky and overdone.

The writing/dialouge is quite good as is most of the acting but argh goddamn is this a slow boring movie and not in a good way like old spaghetti westerns its literally just 2 locations, the carriage and the cabin THATS IT and i usually like one set/location movies but this 3 hour caper was about a hour too long, so much fluff and boring conversation
>>
>>63897745
>lots of repeated phrases
This

It felt like he was making a greek style stage play

This

This

>>
>>63901901
look at all this underage

the revenant has weight behind it, hateful 8 is the gimmicky snooze fest.
>>
>>63902049
It was like a 2 hour movie with 20 minutes of action.

Sure have beauty in a movie but for god fuckin sakes they could've cut this shit down at least half an hour. Felt like I was watching Earth on Nat Geo or Discovery Channel. I was waiting for Oprah Winfery to tell me what the tree's life expectancy was.
>>
>>63902114
http://thedollop.libsyn.com/dollop-x-hugh-glass
have you listened to this?
>>
>>63902114
Weight? Leo's son was killed and he was buried alive...that's the motivation. The rest is literally filler and nonsense
>>
thought it was trash personally. story took too long to get going and the execution of the mystery whodunnit was poorly done and boring. nothing about the story was exciting or even "western". no eye popping cinematography, doubt the 70mm would make a difference, it literally only took place in a cabin. dialogue wasn't witty or clever or memorable, people literally yelled and repeated the same shit over and over. definitely needed a climactic shoot out instead of the fizzled out ending but i guess he didnt want to do it after django.
>>
The Revenant shit over this

Goggins was based as usual though

>>63902139
Hahaahhaah
>>
>>63896018
7/10, better than Django, and it didn't have an anti-white message in the end, it was more of a misogynist message of anything and that's something I'm more than okay with.

both the black character and white character came to terms with each other's racism in the end and bonded over lynching a lying manipulative woman.

fine by me desu
>>
>>63902113
It's like he made this movie for people with the attention spans of mice who are constantly checking their phones and will need to be reminding whos who and whats going on every few minutes. It was truly unbearable.
>>
>>63902192
>The rest is literally filler and nonsense

yep, surviving after getting attacked by a bear and left for dead is all filler and nonsense, literally nothing happens, just a bunch of dumb indians and stuff

i'd rather listen to sam jackson talk about how he made someone's son suck his big black penis, that's true entertainment
>>
>>63902252
>better than Django

This is starting to sound like a meme why all the hate for Django? I thought it was one of the more entertaining movies by Tarrantio
>>
>>63902270
I know right its like he just wanted to pad out the movie.

Yeah I know right its like he just wanted to pad out the movie.

Yes its like he just wanted to pad out the movie.
>>
Am I the only one sick of Tarantino?

I used to be excited to see his movies. Now I'm just bored of them. He just seems like he's trying too hard and I just don't give a shit. Hateful 8 doesn't even seem exciting or interesting.
>>
>>63902192
His motivation IRL was "muh stuff", because Fitz took all his shit before burying him and leaving. If you thought the rest was literally filler and nonsense then there is nothing I can do for you.
>>
>>63902295
I understand he has to heal that's fine that should've been the main part of the movie but we still get flashbacks of his wife or whatever she was and other symbolism with the pile of skulls. This keeps happening and it's just wide screen shots of the beautiful location. If you honestly needed to add almost an hour of location shots then put something interesting on the screen rather than a goddamn moving screensaver.
>>
>>63902363
>muh stuff

What the hell are you talking about he literally writes in the snow "Fitzgerald Killed My Son" to remind him to keep on going forward. Even when he makes it back to the campsite he still wants to go and kill him.
>>
>>63902370
>implying those aren't haunting visions and nightmares fueled by the shit he's seen and been through
>>
>>63902302
it was dogshit directly compared to Inglorious. Waltz is great, and the general story is mostly coherent until it turns into a mess towards the end.

Tarantino isn't very good at ending his movies, honestly. His beginnings and middles are solid, but his endings aren't as good. Basterds and Django are good examples of that.
>>
>>63902414
I'm talking about the actual Hugh Glass. Not this fictionalized version.
>>
>>63902465
Gotcha
>>
Watched this and The Revenant back to back. The Revenant shits all over it.

This was way too long for no reason. Also, Quentin's narration was fucking awful and cringe-inducing.
>>
>>63902370
do you really need some grand backstory for why he has an indian son (or if it's his son) and what happened to him?

that would completely ruin the movie and what it was doing, it's not supposed to be some major character study.

>>63902414
you know this is based on an actual person right? it's embellished with all the indian stuff, but there is an actual guy who was attacked by a bear and left for dead that managed to survive for 6 weeks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Glass
>>
>>63902458
You didn't like Basterds? I thought that was a pretty fitting ending character wise. Hans got what he deserved but still managed to talk his way out of being killed and Aldo got what he wanted as well.
>>
>>63902490
and weight=/=motivation, faggot
>>
>>63902539
BBC in your white mouth = Better than moving slideshow the movie.

If Leo wasn't in this it'd be on Canadian Film Festivals #1 spot I bet but even then no one would give a shit.
>>
>>63902302
I liked Django so i dont understand the hate either

the cuck cocksucking scene out of context is fucking stupid and in context tis still just as stupid because Samual L Dicksucks character is probably lying?!
>>
>people shocked that a movie re-written weeks before filming turned out to be shit
>>
>>63902617
Maybe Tarrantino is just fucking with the studio at this point and wanted to see if he can get BBC into the mainstream and call it "film" he's legit pissed about Star Wars kicking him out of that theater and just bitter in general.
>>
>>63896018
It's way better than fucking django, but that's not an accomplishment. I'd say it was great until Kurt Russell died then the movie went full Tarantino retard like all his other recent movies. But even still it's probably the best comedy of the year. Russell was easily the best part of the movie.
>>
>>63902608
wrong, leo's role is mostly just him limping around being miserable, suffering and in pain. he is not why the movie is good, not at all.

i dont even like leo and this is my favorite movie of the year...
>>
>>63902608
if that actually is your opinion i feel bad for you
>>
>>63902492
Are you me?

That was really QT narrating? HAHHAHAHAH this movie fucking sucked and that jsut makes it worse.

The Revenant was almost art house compared to this and a excellent western/survival film that was almost as good as Apocalpyto a true masterpice, QT's film just felt lazy in comparison
>>
>>63896018
Watching the trailer makes the movie seem so exciting and makes you expect some movie with 8 strangers with their own specific skills and traits trying to one up each other in a tension filled room. Then it turns out 5 of them already know each other and don't really do anything besides be random henchman with an accent and die without doing anything.
>>
>>63902666
>666
SATAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH

but seriously your absolutely right he comes off as a bitter turd who thinks he's movies are all masterpieces, it shows in his interviews that he is a clueless dolt surrounded by yes men.
>>
>>63899066

I can. When the movie isn't steaming piles of shit.
>>
>>63902731
>western/survival film that was almost as good as Apocalpyto

oh come on, it's better than that

the two movies i can most closely compare it to are castaway and into the grey, but better than both of them in every imaginable way
>>
File: 1431964291389.jpg (98 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
1431964291389.jpg
98 KB, 530x800
>read this thread
>tfw already bought two nonrefundable tickets for the 70mm screening
>>
It would be better if he actually made a spaghetti western and the cabin part was just one act out of three (or more).

Let's say that the first act is Kurt capturing whatsherface and attempting to transport her to Red Rock, in the second act he gets stuck in the cabin and after the initial talky part there's a bloodbath then the survivors make a run for it to Red Rock where the movie finishes.

Instead we got Tarantino's usual focus on colorful characters telling stories, which is not that bad but it felt like a waste of cinematography, production values and the actors involved.
>>
>>63902759
This its so fucking shit none of them have a backstory besides blackcuck
>>63902787
>into the grey
You almost had me, nah i didnt like into liam neeson but it was ok,ish apart from the lackluster ending
>>
>>63902824
This. I kept waiting for an epilogue scene at Red Rock showing the rest of the gang running rough shod over the town and sacking and burning it to the ground. Would have made the movie for me.
>>
How much of the movie takes place in the cabin?
>>
File: 1419485792039.jpg (26 KB, 371x280) Image search: [Google]
1419485792039.jpg
26 KB, 371x280
>>63902682
>favorite movie of the year
>>
>>63902302
Django is fucking awful. What's good about it?
At least H8tful 8 is comfy
>>
>>63902921
80% of it is in the cabin, maybe 85%
>>
>>63902716
It is. I was very excited for this movie. The trailer suckered me in thinking it was going to be a good revenge film with Leo and Hardy but I got stuck into a cinematography movie that honestly bored me and I kept beginning it to end.
>>
>>63902812
at least you got to see 70mm

i never did
>>
>>63902923
do tell anon, what was your favorite movie this year? since you where so bold as to mock his opinion before sharing yours
>>
>>63902887
>>63902824
Argh so much this
>>63902921
99% the rest is in a carriage
>>
>>63896018
I would say it his best since Resviour Dogs. Take out has cuckold obsession , remove the part where the nigger gets his dick sucked, take out the intermission and his narration in the middle, cut it down by 20 minutes taking out the sweeping landscape shots, etc. and you have a solid 8/10 movie.
>>
>>63902776
He was legit not going to make this movie if it wasn't shot in 70mm. he's an oldfag living in a newfag landscape. His movies will eventually be just old relics as a reminder of what we as a society use to watch
>>
File: kek.gif (497 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
497 KB, 245x200
>>63902923
you got me anon, ant man is actually my favorite movie of the year
>>
>>63902967
I'm amazed you where able to find your way out of the Star Wars threads and wandered in here. That's exactly how I felt about H8ful Eight. I just couldn't wait for it to end. Idk why you and a few other simpletons claim it wasn't a revenge movie when it clearly was at least half revenge half wilderness survival. What where you expecting, Leo hunting down a bunch of grubby trappers for 2 hours and brutally murdering them in one man army mode? How fucking shallow
>>
>>63903023
70mm is already outdated, sure the new star wars by JJ was using film but it wont be long before its not used at all

4/8k digital cameras are being used now and with 24fps+ making a come back it wont be viable to use film anymore
>>
>>63903009
But all that didn't happen
So kill yourself for even having such an embarrassing opinion
>>
File: snake.jpg (23 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
23 KB, 300x299
>>63902342

I'm sick of Kurt Russel fucking dying in everything. After watching that shit I immediately put on Tombstone and it was 100 times better than Quentin Cuckentinos latest arthouse flop.
>>
>>63902824
i felt the same way, i kept waiting for the movie to get going and get the fuck out of the cabin, but then it just... stayed there, and nothing really happened. then we get in some fucking stupid mystery sequences of WHO POISONED THE COFFEE???????? OMG WHO WAS IT?

bravo tarantulino, you made a 70mm movie that takes place almost entirely in a cabin

complete fucking waste of time
>>
>>63903100
this

rekt
e
k
t
>>
>>63903133
LOL the plot was basically a whodunnit
>>
>>63903030
>>63902977
Favorite movie of 2015? Chalk it up to either Straight Outta Compton, Force Awakens or The Martian.

Not necessarily the fact that they were superb just based on the amount of hype and anticipation and in my opinion these movies did there job. Force Awakens has a bit more plot holes after a second viewing though.

But nothing you say will convince me that The Revenant deserves best movie of the year. Maybe Leo can get the nod for the Oscar but I don't think he's winning this year.
>>
File: 1449555069760.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1449555069760.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>63903204

please tell me this is a ruse
please
>>
>>63903062
Holy shit I wonder you were able to type all that without your fedora falling on your keyboard.

Sorry that this artsy dreck didn't tickle my fancy. It was interesting at first but sadly lost me.
>>
File: white guilt complex.jpg (233 KB, 650x928) Image search: [Google]
white guilt complex.jpg
233 KB, 650x928
I h8 how commie predictable Tarantino has become.
>Kill Bill - feminist revenge bullshit
>Inglorious Basterds - jew nazi torture fetish
>Django - black white torture fetish
>H8ful 8 - black white gay rape fetish
its funny because what qualifies as a twist in a Tarantino film is that he didn't make Goggins (the evil white racist) shoot the noble supernegro Jackson in the back.

pro-tip: Inarritu's Revenant was no fucking better. All his self aggrandizing cinematics aside, the story is all "white mens is da ebil and the indian is the innocent noble savage trope" all over again...Dicaprio was only a good guy because of care for his adopted non-white son...

seriously, everything in these fucking movies are "white males are the evil and anything done to them by POC, gays and women is justified". Its even in fucking SW now...

White men are letting people sleepwalk them, and especially their children, into oblivion and you don't even know it.
>>
>>63903204
BACK
A
C
K

To plebbit tyvm
>>
File: 1419757336363.jpg (43 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1419757336363.jpg
43 KB, 413x395
>>63903233
>He didn't like Straight Outta Compton

Why don't you like music videos and guns anon?
>>
>>63903285
Fitzgerald literally didn't do anything wrong. The indians were portrayed as a fearsome foe, with their own sense of honor and justice.

If anything the film shit on the French.
>>
File: 1445645023482.jpg (17 KB, 286x405) Image search: [Google]
1445645023482.jpg
17 KB, 286x405
>>63903265
>genuinely likes tarantino
>unironically calls others fedora

>>63903204
You're kidding, right? Your own hype and anticipation as the standard for what is and isn't the best movie of the year? Good lord. The Revenant is the only movie I've been hyped about that actually delivered on it, in such a long time.
>>
>>63903204
KRAMPUS
I haven't watched any film released this year
>>
WHY? Why did he drop the ball so fucking hard with this movie? It was actually really great the first half, it was turning out to be one of my favorite movies in a while. This fucking cuck can't just keep a great story going
>>
>>63903285
>innocent noble savage trope

how do you even get that impression at all from this movie? that kind of trope is for movies like dances with wolves, in this they weren't shown in either light more than the other. sometimes indians help leo, sometimes they fucking chase him down and try to kill him.....
>>
>>63902527
I loved Basterds. I just thought the ending was far weaker compared to the beginning and middle.
>>
>>63903285
>All his self aggrandizing cinematics aside, the story is all "white mens is da ebil and the indian is the innocent noble savage trope" all over again...
HUH?

Did you miss the 5+ times the Indians killed all the white people FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN SPORT because MYLAAAAAAAAAAAAAND and OTHER TRIBES SLAUGHTERING EACH OTHER

How fucking dim are you son?
>>
>>63903285
>le ebil white men
>muh noble savage

If thats how you convey your opinions then you may as well empty them directly into the dumpster.
>>
>>63903354
>He likes a movie better call him a retard for doing so

It's pretty much what sells movies these days is if a movie lives up to the hype. Since everyone is just watching them on their computers and "Old is new" is in now that's the only way I can honestly justify a decent movie now cause I haven't been paying much attention this year and it's not hard to see why when you just go and look through the list of shit that was passed this year.
>>
>>63903347
Fitzgerald killed the good white mans indian son...and yes the Indians conveniently have everything they do forgiven and explained away by the movie.

The moral lesson of the movie is fuck society, as long as you support POC you are the good guy. Whitey is evil. forget all the thousands of years of culture and technology hes responsible for. We run dis bitch now.
>>
>>63903454
>not necessarily the fact that they were superb just based on the amount of hype and anticipation

don't get it twisted, this is why i called you a retard

>huehuehue maybe its better, idk , i was more hype for fuggin star wars dude and it was hella ebig
>>
>>63903537
Star Wars was good but second viewing my opinion did change but still decent for what the prequels were.
>>
>>63903512
i didn't get any of that from the movie... it's not pro-indian at all, they are shown to be completely savage and brutal
>>
>>63903628
>its not as shitty as the prequels were so its good

that's not how it works. I watched the Revenant last night and this afternoon and it was stronger the second time through. Your mind is just clung on to Star Wars and you've bought into the marketing machine and you recoil at and reject the idea that Star Wars isn't the best ever because if that's the case then you got suckered by Disney and there's just no way you're a sucker right? Been there, it'll be ok
>>
>>63903665
The movie was pro-nature and anti-people. It wasn't cut and dry good and bad black and white. Because real life is never that simple either.
>>
Tarantino has never made anything good ever
>>
>>63903512
From a utilitarian perspective what Fitzgerald did was not wrong. The Arikasa or w/e caught up with their camp before Glass died. The son was being histrionic. The only thing Fitz did wrong was try and run away after he realized Glass had survived. Man up cunt, take responsibility for your actions. Instead he leaves the kid and steals like a nignog and tries to make a run for it to texas.
>>
>>63903752
pro nature?

nature in the movie is more or less how it is in real life, completely indifferent
>>
Bone Tomahawk or H8teful 8?
>>
>>63903847
Yeah, well, thats like what I meant
>>
>>63903763
not true. watching his 90s shit and then his 2000s shit is like day and night
>>
File: wind in his hair.jpg (11 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
wind in his hair.jpg
11 KB, 294x171
>>63903398
>that kind of trope is for movies like dances with wolves
this was dances with wolves minus any characterization or writing. great camerawork as usual tho.

>>63903404
Did you miss how the Indians had every single thing they did explained away in expository subtitles?
they raid the trappers not because they want to loot them to make bank from the french...it was to rescue the fair indian princess from da ebil white mans.
Yes the irony that it was the french that stole said indian princess but why should that surprise anyone...because the french are white therefore evil.

>>63903407
ahh the frustration of a faggot that can't refute...
If you want to see a newer western then Bone Tomahawk is a better movie than Hateful 8 OR The Revenant
>>
>>63903719
Please stop saying you love the Reverant god you're starting to sound like one of those fucking hipsters at parties who can't enjoy a house party cause the music isn't played on a Vinyl record.

It's starting to make me cringe how desperate you are at trying to convince me or anyone you're more "reformed"
>>
>>63899413
did anyone else feel like that old fuck died like 20 times?
>>
>>63903902
>this was dances with wolves minus any characterization or writing.

characterization is not what the movie is about... the story is purposefully basic and simple.

fucking christ what do you want out of a survival revenge movie? its like watching castaway and complaining that he's stuck on an island and nothing really happens
>>
Solid 7/10 flick. I'll never think about it again.
>>
>>63903916
I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything, just letting you know your opinion of "lel not as bad as the prequels" and "well i was hype as fuck bro and thats why its the best movie all year" is complete fucking shit tier

>house parties
chadfag detected, no wonder you get so high on shit like Star Wars and Straight Outta Compton
>>
File: 1449383889687.jpg (247 KB, 1280x1206) Image search: [Google]
1449383889687.jpg
247 KB, 1280x1206
2 questions:

1.)Did anyone else think there should have been a little bit more of an explanation as to who's cabin they were in before the whole thing was revealed. I mean besides the awkward yelling in the blizzard before they get there.

2.) Why did they leave the old confederate general alive and kill everyone else? Why did they trust him? Just because he's "authentic?" That doesn't seem like much to a bunch of people who go around murdering innocent.

My opinion: I think the letter was real.
>>
goggins, like usual...carrying everything he's in

the british dude...you could tell that quentin wanted to use christoph but couldn't. he was good, though

goggins is just the fucking man, though...didn't even realise it was him until like 5 minutes after he was shown. underrated actor
>>
>>63899413
>barrel not pointed at the guy
>still kills him
I don't understand this, is this intentional? Tarantulanio did something similar in Django in that murder orgy scene and it shattered any semblance of atmosphere. It's like the visual interpretation of a record skipping.
>>
What the fuck was up with the slow motion talking at the end? That shit was hysterical.
>>
Someone hook it up with a source for christmas points
>>
>>63904148
i'd give it a 7.5/10
>>
Hateful Eight was literally BLACKED the movie. QT has went off the deep end, honestly. The entire scene about big black cock felt like a tv meme.
>>
File: 1419395376247.jpg (24 KB, 345x419) Image search: [Google]
1419395376247.jpg
24 KB, 345x419
>>63904134
>He doesn't socialize outside of an imageboard

Holy fuck! HAHAHA I CAN'T!
>>
>>63904207
no
>>
>>63904187
Padding out a movie that had already run way beyond its end point.
>>
>>63899413
the little speech russel gave to the guy getting butchered was one of my favourite scenes of the past few years.
>>
>>63904238
>The entire scene about big black cock felt like a tv meme.

i wouldn't be surprised if that autist actually posted on here
>>
>>63904245
>implying

I go to bars, or get drunk in a buddies garage, or a neighbors back deck, or my basement
>>
>>63904182

Scattershot. Aka bullshit.
>>
>>63904304
>Mocks me for going to parties
>Gets drunk with his furniture and computer and calls them "buddies"

I'm crying right now this is too funny.
>>
>>63904238
When the white guy started crawling to Sam Jackson's BBC i immediately thought about all the cuck memes here and lost it. I gotta leave this place
>>
>>63904238
>right after that scene he deliberately flashes back to it so he can show us someone poison the coffee when he could have easily just shown that during the original scene
>he was the narrator just so that he could say black dicks in white mouths

just shameful, though that big warm dingus getting shot off evens things out a bit.
>>
>>63904045
note: Dances with Wolves was a movie that ACTUALLY showed the competition and evil of an other indian tribe instead of merely offhandedly mentioning it.

what I wanted was a movie that fairly examined the reality of the time. After seeing Innaritus comments about film and politics...I expected to see a cinematically well shot version of the time as seen through a politically brainwashed filter; a 7/10 movie worth seeing once and forgetting once I wash out the "white guilt" that has been forced down my mouth for 2 1/2 hours.
>>
>>63904347
>so butt devastated over the rejection of his shit tier opinion that he continually deflects and projects
>>
>>63904146
slj literally states that the letter was fake and made it so he can disarm white people and trick them into liking him, referencing how the letter made him able to get into the carriage.
>>
>>63904486
>Lives in his basement

There's another thread where someone else is shitting on your "art" movie. Your duty is calling you sir.
>>
>>63904423
>Dances with Wolves was a movie that ACTUALLY showed the competition and evil of an other indian tribe instead of merely offhandedly mentioning it.

yea that's a good way to balance it
one wholly good indian tribe
one wholly evil indian tribe

yea, great characterizations.... totally balanced...

are you kidding me?
>>
>>63904238
Then a white guy castrates Jackson.
>>
>>63904345
And what of the scene from Django? I remember he was making that joke where he says
>"Say goodbye to [character name]"
>"Goodbye [character name]"
>He shoots her
And she sails out of the room like she was attached to strings in a directions wholly different than the incoming bullet. It was just weird.
>>
>>63904538
>still so sour

one day you'll learn theres more to life than Star Wars, hopefully it's not too late
>>
>>63904578
reductio ad absurdum

you acting thick or do you really compare apples with oranges all the time?

the characterizations were individual and well played.
>>
>>63904643
all the gun stuff in django is supposed to be over the top and completely ridiculous, it was almost slapstick comedy tier ridiculous
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.