[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
watching mulholland drive atm... feeling patrician...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
watching mulholland drive atm... feeling patrician...
>>
Congrats. You've entered a world you can never return from.
>>
>browsing /tv/ while watching movies
You're 100% pleb, mate
>>
Well, considering everyone on /tv/ likes Manchild Wars and the bar has been lowered again, you're pretty much patrician in today's standards.
>>
>>63894740
>posting on /tv/ while watching something

No
>>
>>63894740
Spoiler. The ending sucks and leaves you knowing exactly what you knew before the movie. Nothing.
>>
>>63895922

"wah I don't get it wah"
>>
>>63895960
Nobody gets it. There's nothing to get.
>>
>>63895979
It's pretty transparent m8, you might just be retarded.
>>
>>63895979

"wah a movie is making me think about chaos and ambiguity and senselessness what a piece of shit wah"
>>
>>63895979
Thank you, seriously. People treat weird movies like there's a right or wrong answer. It's not a sudoku.
>>
Trying to get Mulholland Drive is like being an orgasm sheriff. At an orgy.
>>
File: really niggu.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
really niggu.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
>Mulholland drive
>fucking random zombie
>Lynch waited until there were hundreds of theories before he started cherry picking the ones that sounded the best
>incoherent garbage for the sake of it
>Sole purpose is to allow psuedo intellectual faggot Lynchfags to scream "y-you j-j-just don't get it!" whenever that hot garbage gets called into question

See http://moviemelt.com/if-mulholland-drive-is-a-rorschach-test-participation-is-insanity/

Completely blows that pretentious piece of garbage out
>>
>>63896108

fucking this
>>
>>63894740

It's one of Lynch's worst movies aside from the diner scene, not even all the lesbian shit could salvage that thing.
>>
>>63894740

I would love it if it weren't edited to be as frustrating-to-watch as possible. The set pieces and tension are both fantastic, and I enjoyed the characters like the Cowboy who are interesting but vague in purpose. I think a more linear structure would have made it a better movie.
>>
>watch it with that DVD insert from Lynch explaining what to look out for
>quickly realize I was just shilled into buying the DVD

Fuck.
>>
File: David Lynch BTFO.jpg (287 KB, 665x911) Image search: [Google]
David Lynch BTFO.jpg
287 KB, 665x911
>>63896399

Daily reminder
>>
>>63895979

It's a pretty simple story, man. Diane moves to Hollywood to become an actress, meets Camilla, another struggling actress, and falls in love with her. They hook up for a bit, Diane takes it much more seriously than Camilla does. Camilla starts a relationship with the director of a movie they're both working on, and breaks things off with Diane. Camilla becomes a star, Diane becomes a waitress at Winkie's. Having failed in both her dreams and her love life, she becomes bitter and angry, and pays to have Camilla killed. When it's done, she kills herself as well.

Like most of David Lynch's movies, it's set inside the brain of the protagonist, so rather than a straightforward series of "real" events, we're getting a mixture of Diane's dreams, memories, and fantasies on the day Camilla gets killed. In her dream, Camilla survives the murder attempt, and Diane has a clean slate as "Betty," she gets to start over and have a second chance with her dreams and the woman she loves. But neither of them really work out. Even in her dream, she can't understand the underhanded politics and conspiracies that run Hollywood and make people into stars, and Betty and Camilla are plagued by signs of the way things are really going to end up between them. And then Diane wakes up, remembers the truth, and kills herself, and that's pretty much the movie.
>>
>>63896505

>plebs getting mad over Lynch quite obviously trolling them
>>
File: come on.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>>63896553

>that one kid who could make David Lynch taking a shit on a pickle into some psuedo intellectual narrative
>>
>>63896716

it's not even a pseudo-intellectual narrative it is a brief description of the things that literally happen in the movie

I get that the structure is a bit unusual and might make it confusing, but I don't see how you could sit there and watch the movie and miss all that shit.
>>
>>63896877

Because the movie's a pile of steaming hot garbage with the purpose of being 'LE SO RANDUM xDD, LYNCH IS SO WIERD xDD!"
>>
>>63896014

i give you a 5/10 famm. /b/ is right up your alley.
>>
>>63897089
why do people like you exist? do you even enjoy stuff? ever?
>>
>feeling patrician from something as entry-level as Lynch
>not even Inland Empire or Eraserhead
Oh I am laffin
>>
>>63897841

Yes, I enjoy numerous movies. Just not piles of pretentious garbage with terrible cinematography, direction and writing.
>>
>>63894740
>watching mulholland drive atm... feeling patrician...

You're also on the internet while "watching" a film so just know your patrician feelings are completely unfounded, you fucking hopeless pleb.
>>
Why does everyone jerk off over this Lynch movie in particular? It's good, but Lost Highway is superior. It must be because of the lesbian sex.

Also, if you've said either
>there's nothing to understand in Lynch films
Or
>you didn't understand it
Or
>I understood it
You're a hopeless plen.

You INTERPRET, not UNDERSTAND.
>>
File: 1403469342664.jpg (233 KB, 1898x1018) Image search: [Google]
1403469342664.jpg
233 KB, 1898x1018
>>
>>63898147
You sound very upset
>>
>>63897089

But it really isn't, though. It's not that "random" or tough to understand
>>
>>63898147
>>63897089
>>63896192
>>63896108
>>63895979
>>63895922
REEEEE GET THE FUCK OFF MY FILM BOARD FUCKING CAPESHIT WATCHING IGNORAMUSES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63898646

nah it's way better than Highway. Highway is good but for me it doesn't have nearly the emotional resonance of Mulholland.

it's weird that people complain about Mulholland's ambiguities when Highway is the much less straightforward movie

anyway, for all the gigantic plebs in here, if you complain about a movie not making "sense" then you probably shouldn't be watching them
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.