[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the MIKE MATEI review of TFA is actually better than the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: themedicoretastenerd.jpg (101 KB, 1131x607) Image search: [Google]
themedicoretastenerd.jpg
101 KB, 1131x607
>the MIKE MATEI review of TFA is actually better than the RLM review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzTCffMJXvM
They fucked up hard when mike matei makes better points.
>>
>watching reviews for films youve already seen
>comparing the reviews
>>
>>63886963
/thread
>>
Mike's criticism:
>han solo dies like a chump
>overuse of familiar characters to a point where it becomes mechanical
>lightsabers being used by everyone without training and care
>leya is just "there" without doing anything
>they overuse familiar elements
theres a few more good points that he made
>>
>>63886904
>>
>they dont like snoke
>>
File: babysat garbage.jpg (128 KB, 518x594) Image search: [Google]
babysat garbage.jpg
128 KB, 518x594
>>
>>63887208
Seems legit.
>>
>>63887478
Go find the comment and click on the Cinemassacre channel. Its realer than you shitposting on 4chan all day my friend.
>>
File: 1450554484675.jpg (147 KB, 736x721) Image search: [Google]
1450554484675.jpg
147 KB, 736x721
>>63887385
Reddit pls go.
>>
>>63887600
I ain't giving them views, nigga.
>>
>>63888014
>I ain't giving them views, nigga.
Why?

They're great.
>>
>>63887775

So happy Bateman got to meet his hero.
>>
>>63887098
Mike's criticisms were mostly shit though.

>han solo dies like a chump
His death is appropriately executed. It adds to story instead of just being tacked on for the sake of it.

>overuse of familiar characters to a point where it becomes mechanical
Like who? I can understand if he meant stuff like General Ackbar and Nien Nunb being unnecessary, but all of the original cast were used fine. Han Solo was the major focus of the film and all the rest of the original cast were secondary characters. None of them felt out of place in their role in the film.

>lightsabers being used by everyone without training and care
Why couldn't it be used by someone without training? Han used it in Empire Strikes Back so it's already been established that you don't have to be force sensitive to use it. However, that doesn't mean you can use it well and as we see in the movie, Finn gets his ass kicked because while he can competently use a melee weapon, he ain't no Jedi.

>leya is just "there" without doing anything
She's a general of the resistance, a role that's perfectly appropriate for her character. Also Carrie Fisher can't act for shit so the less she doesn't need a major role in the movie.

>they overuse familiar elements
This I can agree with, but I guess it comes down to personal preference as to which elements people feel were overused. Personally I liked the new cantina bar scene, but didn't like the reuse of a deathstar like weapon.
>>
>>63886904
>wanted han solo to blow up starkiller base instead of a new character
>wanted all the original trilogy stuff at once earlier instead of properly doled out
>thought finn should not know how to turn a lightsaber on just because he isn't a jedi
>wanted finn to suck with it, which he does against kylo but that's ignored

>james has super autistic idea about a movie where star wars was real in our past and earthlings find star wars technology
>james doesn't even understand simple dialogue from ANH

They have pretty terrible taste in movies. Both are true autists.
>>
>>63887098
Han Solo was blinded by love for his son. His death makes sense.
Lightsabers are still just laser sword, and anyone with basic combat training can swing a sword.
They used all their technical prowess to make Carrie Fisher look good on screen again. That's about the best we'll get.

The other two points I'll give you, but rehashing the old to start the new worked well because it was executed well.
>>
>>63889855
>james has super autistic idea about a movie where star wars was real in our past and earthlings find star wars technology
That is literally what George Lucas said he originally wanted.
Journal of the Whils man.
>>
>>63886904

>what is the reason he wears the mask
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.