[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true people love the Phantom Menace and it got good reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: ladygagaemotionrevolution.jpg (21 KB, 219x325) Image search: [Google]
ladygagaemotionrevolution.jpg
21 KB, 219x325
Is it true people love the Phantom Menace and it got good reviews back when it dropped? Will The Force Awakens ever be disliked for being mediocre corporate shite by the normie masses? It's really annoying to see it being so well loved right now.
>>
>>63886429
See for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
>>
>>63886429
Nah, it got a mixed response from critics and fans from day one.
>>
>>63886476
This is so fucking depressing
>>
>>63886429
nobody wanted to talk shit on the movie because star wars even though it was really bad, it was a minority at first

there will never be as clear a division for these new movies because they are trying to replicate the original trilogy so brazenly, it's like jurassic world where most like it well enough
>>
File: 1345834943569.jpg (61 KB, 481x300) Image search: [Google]
1345834943569.jpg
61 KB, 481x300
>>63886429
>Is it true people love the Phantom Menace and it got good reviews back when it dropped?

Good reviews? I wouldn't say that, some were naively positive and optimistic, most were negative. Actually it was pretty much the same that is happening right now.
>>
File: ebert-tpm.png (554 KB, 1291x855) Image search: [Google]
ebert-tpm.png
554 KB, 1291x855
>>63886429
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-1999
>>
>>63890037
>pretty much the same that is happening right now

Are you retarded? It's like 240-14 positive-negative right now.

This is nothing like Phantom Menace, because it's not. /tv/ has never, ever been right about anything, and they're definitely wrong with TFA (which, for all its flaws, is at least competent)
>>
>>63886429
>It's really annoying to see it so well loved right now
>I can't believe people like something I don't

Fuck off on outta here you obnoxious cuntcasket
>>
>>63890121
Ebert gave that review for Gene Siskel who died months prior. Siskel wanted to be able to see the movie before he died, and Ebert gave it a sympathy review.
>>
>>63890159
>/tv/ has never, ever been right about anything

Quoted for fucking truth.
>>
>>63886429

I loved the fuck out of it when I saw it originally, but I was also nine years old and a bit of an idiot.

It wasn't until later on I realized what the shitty parts actually were, but I still love the podrace sequence and the final fight between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul.
>>
Old motherfucker here, was about 20 when TPM came out. I remember being bored in the theater and feeling empty walking out, even though I really wanted to like it. I also remember pretty mixed reviews. It wasn't much like what I'm seeing this week.
>>
What matters is whether it's a good movie or not.

It's clearly not, and that's largely because of Jar Jar. He interrupts every 5 minutes and fucking ruins every scene he's in. George Lucas is a fucking retarded asshole and I'm glad he will never get to touch another Star Wars anything.

Also, the terrible wooden, unprofessional acting by Natalie Portman didn't help. She's fucking shit. Obi Wan is shit too. Liam Neeson is boring and doesn't seem to understand what he's saying most of the time.

Really the only highlights of the movie are the segments on Tatooine with the pod racing but like I said, every scene is ruined because Jar Jar makes some appearance in it. Fucking piece of shit nigger cunt.
>>
File: 1323518553471.png (242 KB, 506x556) Image search: [Google]
1323518553471.png
242 KB, 506x556
>>63890713
>Old motherfucker here, was about 20 when TPM came out.

Gramps go to bed

4chins is for us, not you old cunt
>>
I remember Empire magazine giving TPM 4/5, same as they've given TFA.
>>
>>63890743
It was painful from start to finish. There was nothing, NOTHING, worth looking at in it, much less worth thinking about.
>>
>>63890895
Pod racing was good and Tatooine was comfy. Those parts aren't bad.
>>
>>63890824
When I was your age, Star Wars actually sucked and everybody wasn't a faggot on the internet.
>>
File: 1450316025102.jpg (11 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
1450316025102.jpg
11 KB, 297x170
>>63890159
>/tv/ has never, ever been right about anything
>posting in /tv/
>ishygddt
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.