[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post YFW Star Wars beats avatar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
Post YFW Star Wars beats avatar
>>
You're gonna turn into a woman?
>>
File: 1.jpg (16 KB, 664x341) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
16 KB, 664x341
>
>>
>>63886254

>doesn't know /tv/ is full of women

this place is normie central
>>
I didn't watch Avatar, but I might go see Star Wars a 2nd time.
>>
episode 7 wont but 8 will
>>
It won't because non-americans are racist/sexist normie scum and don't want to watch the movie. Only americans/brits are that cucked.
>>
>>63886358
no it wont
now that all the hip kids got bored of the star wars meme,they'll move on to ruin another franchise.
>>
File: Boy smirk.jpg (48 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
Boy smirk.jpg
48 KB, 630x419
>>63886422

>mfw foreign and domestic sales are similar
>>
>>63886212
That's not a face
>>
TIGHT
>>
>>63886975
Exactly. Now look at Avatar's numbers.
>>
>>63886422

>300 million people vs over 1 billion
>still similar box office
>it was released days BEFORE america in other countries

this guy is 100% right

TWO BILLION IN FOREIGN MARKETS!

TWO BILLION

avatar didn't make TWO BILLION domestic
>>
>>63887031
this. op has utterly failed
>>
>>63887136
>In other countries

in 1 country
>>
Haven't been paying attention, are the numbers looking like it's an Avatar killer?
>>
>>63887621

domestic might make it

no chance for foreign numbers
>>
>>63887664
Hasnt even opened in China yet
>>
>>63887780

china isnt going to make 1 billion alone
>>
>>63887124

No.

The contention was that Ameritards are racist and aren't watching it. This is wrong and completely separate to how many watched Avatar

You need to step back and calm down.
>>
>>63887795
No but dont pretend the foreign market is opening the same so dont try to compare the numbers just yet. We are still working with estimates for this weekend. Give it a week and we will have a much better idea of where it stands.
>>
>>63887893

you can fucking see how it stands fine

just excluding 1 market isn't going to make a film gross TWO FUCKING BILLION in ONLY FOREIGN MARKETS

Jurassic World only made ONE BILLION in foreign markets

TWO BILLION

TWO FUCKING BILLION! Do you not understand how much that fucking is?
>>
>>63886254
tv stands for transvestites
>>
>>63888003
No reason to believe TFA wont make more.
>>
>>63887146(OP)

>pretending to be retarded

Overseas audiences are far more racist than USA audiences. Boyega will hurt overseas receipts, probably a few percentage points.

The more important question is whether TFA has legs or not. DIS is already in the black when you count licensing - this picture event has brought in 800 million when the 80% licensing fee is included.

Avatar did not count on toys and merch to make its bank.

So there's still a ways to go for SW.
>>
File: 346347567.jpg (174 KB, 1039x693) Image search: [Google]
346347567.jpg
174 KB, 1039x693
>>63888003

foreigners aren't just going to suddenly say

>NOW WE LOVE STAR WARS!!
>>
>>63888003
>implying its just one market

Avafaggots are doing some massive damage control
>>
>>
>>63887823
The contention was that ameritards are not as racist as foreigners so the movie might gross as much as avatar did or even more domestically, but will fail to do so on the foreign market. Can you even read?
>>
This shit is gonna F L O P in China
>>
>>63888272
Implying the nigger wont be mostly cut from the China version
>>
File: 2654658.jpg (410 KB, 1571x1079) Image search: [Google]
2654658.jpg
410 KB, 1571x1079
>>63888272
this

>that low interest in china
>>
>>63888245

Apparently I can't read.

My point still stands though. The figures for foreign (1 country so far) and domestic are similar. Where is the disparity?
>>
>>63888491

>1 country so far

wuh

what?
>>
>>63888491
>1 country
I am sorry, what?
>>
>>63888165
how the fuck did cameron make it? I know the 3d shit and all that yada yada but still
what is his secret?
>>
>In Japan, the $13.5 million take was more than double any other opening release this year but well behind the opening weekend of Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith, which bowed to $18.97 million in Japan in 2005, still the all-time record for the country.

>made LESS than episode III in japan

reminder that asians are racist and sexist
>>
>>63888796
Avatar appealed to literally everyone. from young children to old people. It had tremendous staying power because of the 3d gimmick and it had a simple yet ok enough story to not bother people. But the 3D revival craze was the main factor, the perfect storm
>>
>>63888796
>makes a solid movie, nothing special narrative-wise but solid enough to not be considered bad.
>keeps things simple and relatable
>works with a new technology and really focuses on making it an important part of his movie (3d)
>3d tickets are more expensive
>people watching it and re-watching it earn him 30%+ over the regular cinema tickets
>people find blue furry-elf people more relatable than blacks
>>
>>63888914
>reminder that asians are racist and sexist

Reminder that they are correct on both counts.
>>
>>63888796

>giant blue kitties
>female
>Pocahontas story
>white people are evil, white people love self-hate
>guilt makes them go again
>3d
>mostly blue kitties you can fuck
>>
>>63888796
I remember when it came out EVERYONE talked about it. Co-workers, friends, family all were talking about it being something you had to see it in 3D because it was so amazing. They talked about it like it was an important cultural event. I haven't heard that many people talk about the force awakens. Just one of my cousins and one of my friends.
>>
>>63886212
damn jamie curtis looks like THAT!?
>>
>>63889166

this

everyone all like

>You HAVE to go see it! It's an experience you will never forget!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.