[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: official-poster.jpg (2 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
official-poster.jpg
2 MB, 1458x2160
What went wrong?
>>
>>63883775
everything
>>
>>63883775
Derivative boring plot, hacky dialogue, shit characters.

It's a JJ Abrams film alright!
>>
>>63883775
lol even the poster looks like fucking shit
>>
>>63883775
>they want to have those hunger game shekels
>didnt hire the real deal
opt for a cheap representation
>>
Disney

They oviously researched everything that people like about Star Wars and showed it all into one movie to appeal to as many people as possible. Normies, children, manchildren, women, niggers, prequel haters, people that like Vader, people that like Boba Fett, the Emperor, Han, R2D2, C-3PO, people that like the Millenium Falcon, the Death Star, X-wings, fucking EVERYONE. The movie is like 50 different toy-lines stuffed into one movie.

but also relied too much on the previous movies and characters. Every scene that was just Rey and/or Finn by themselves was fine, but once Han showed up the movie takes a giant nosedive.
>>
The same issue that plagued J.J. Abrams' Star Trek films plagues this one: it feels less like a legitimate installment in the franchise and more like a generic action movie with a famous brand name slapped onto it. Plus, it's essentially a remake of the 1977 original, with many plot elements from it (along with The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) recycled practically verbatim. None of the new characters stand out as particularly memorable or capable of carrying this new trilogy, the action is glossy with X-wing/TIE fighter battles that are headache-inducing to follow, the humor and references are forced, and even John Williams' score is basically wallpaper most of the time.

I set realistic expectations for myself. I knew that no movie could ever live up to 30+ years of waiting, so I spent the last year or so avoiding all the hype and excitement, and treated this like it was just any other movie. I was still disappointed. I wanted to like it and was hoping it'd be good, but instead it was just a really expensive and mediocre committee-film.
>>
>>63883775
A rehash and JJ gloating over the old characters.
>>
star wars episode 9 part 1 2019
star wars episode 9 part 2 2020

calling it now
>>
>This piece of shit thing will make more money than I will ever see in my life

Just kill me.

Also Disney has Marvel and Star Wars now, when will this madness stop?
>>
>>63885761
How are they not considered some kind of monopoly at this point they have their hand in pretty much every aspect of the entertainment industry.
>>
>>63883775
Nothing, at least according to /tv or normies. It's being called "like if not best than OT". I don't know what to tell you at this point. Maybe we disliked TFA because we grew out of SW and it's not our business anymore. I don't know
>>
>>63885889

It's just a matter of time now until they buy Warner Bros as a whole and have DC too
>>
>>63886184
>at least according to /tv
Look at how quickly this board is moving
Half of the posters here right now are not even "locals"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.